• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 406 votes
    72%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 101 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 60 votes
    11%

(567 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,278 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

082 (resized).jpg
5e3da1a214c1a2bb39193a02616844366bc663d0 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200403_192010847[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_1771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1772 (resized).jpeg
E8DAF3EB-4EF9-4B01-8211-0CB0A71927E8 (resized).jpeg
20200216_191048 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
original (resized).jpg
plastic (resized).jpg
20191125_100130 (resized).jpg
20191125_071829 (resized).jpg
45CA4C72-1E5B-4934-9248-2DA1D4F94079 (resized).jpeg
EC3635BA-C031-4D50-92AA-E6D0A25D8726 (resized).jpeg

There are 9442 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 189.
#9401 44 days ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Only mod i need is the lighted tron cycles. Is there someone that mods existing ones?

It's super easy to do if you can even half way solder. If you were local I'd just do it for you.

#9402 44 days ago

Anyone use an LE ramp on a PRO? As these damn ramps as really hard to find. I found an LE left ramp that I'm going to use on my pro. I know it has cut outside for the light wire. I can live with that.

#9403 44 days ago
Quoted from insx:

Getting to Portal is why I sold my Tron.

You are still in the Tron thread tho?? #regret

#9404 44 days ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Anyone use an LE ramp on a PRO? As these damn ramps as re hard to find. I found an LE left ramp that I'm going to use on my my pro. I know it has cut outside for the light wire. I can live with that.

And then you can add the ramp lights as well, win win

#9405 42 days ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Only mod i need is the lighted tron cycles. Is there someone that mods existing ones?

Check this site out.
https://www.kimballspinballs.com/tron-legacy/

#9406 42 days ago

I have a ramp lighting kit coming from Professor Pinball so I am looking forward to getting those on

#9407 41 days ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

What's your favorite remix for Tron? Retro_p, nosro, or dubstep?
Explain why
Thanks !

Movie Faithful (which I think is "nosro"). It's pretty polished and dubstep wasn't to my taste. I still tweaked it a bit as I preferred the original Quora track and there was another that I swapped out.

#9408 41 days ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

But did you complete all the modes first and have double scoring lit before you entered?

Nope, does that make hitting all the shots a bunch of times more exciting?

#9409 41 days ago
Quoted from ZEN:

You are still in the Tron thread tho?? #regret

No regrets. I loved the game for a few months but ours is a one pin household so it was time to move on. I have a little bit of experience modding and fixing the machine so I might just be able to help someone out.

#9410 41 days ago

As awesome as TRON is it’s not a game for a 1 pin collection. In a collection made up of a handful of games TRON is a keeper for sure.

I believe I have the only TRON LE numbered below #50 in Europe with a signed playfield from factory, which I brought knowing I’d never sell it.

#9411 41 days ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Anybody know where I can get an Eli's Ramp lighting kit?

yeah.... ^^^^ What he said. Anyone?

#9412 41 days ago

Just a heads up they have released more of the Tron mini arcade cabinet 3.1 mods. I’ve been on a waiting list for sometime.
http://www.usbjig.com/tronminicab.html

#9413 41 days ago
Quoted from insx:

Nope, does that make hitting all the shots a bunch of times more exciting?

Instant 50 million if you go straight to portal before SOS vs instant 100 million if you have double scoring running when you hit the scoop for portal.

Also yes the wizard mode sucks. Like they just threw it on with no thought at all. If they VE the game, maybe they'll update the wizard mode? Not likely though....but one can dream.

#9414 40 days ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I’m currently trying to put together another batch of ten Tron TLS kits. They may be the last I ever make.
My website’s SSL certificate has expired and I couldn’t frankly be bothered paying it again, so the website may be on its last legs.
When I get the kits together I’ll just sell them here. I have a bunch of enquiries already but there’s room for some more interest.

Hello,
Please put me on the list.
Thanks.
Ed

#9415 40 days ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Instant 50 million if you go straight to portal before SOS vs instant 100 million if you have double scoring running when you hit the scoop for portal.
Also yes the wizard mode sucks. Like they just threw it on with no thought at all. If they VE the game, maybe they'll update the wizard mode? Not likely though....but one can dream.

Agree. It's the way you get to Portal that counts.

Getting 50 or 100 million bonus on this kind of game is a massive rush.

Portal itself looks underwhelming.

#9416 36 days ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I’m currently trying to put together another batch of ten Tron TLS kits. They may be the last I ever make.
My website’s SSL certificate has expired and I couldn’t frankly be bothered paying it again, so the website may be on its last legs.
When I get the kits together I’ll just sell them here. I have a bunch of enquiries already but there’s room for some more interest.

Tried to get in contact about a TLS kit a while back.
Can I be added to the list as well if it's still possible please?

Thank You,
Nick

#9417 36 days ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Please add me as well.

#9418 36 days ago

What’s better than Tron LE?

2 Tron LE’s

Took this photo at a friends house

E8DAF3EB-4EF9-4B01-8211-0CB0A71927E8 (resized).jpeg
#9419 36 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

2 Tron LE’s
Took this photo at a friends house[quoted image]

wow! looks like they also really love ... swatch watches?

#9420 36 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

2 Tron LE’s

If he’s transporting one or selling one, I get it. But two keepers? Uhm, why??

#9421 35 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

2 Tron LE’s

Beautiful!!!

#9422 35 days ago

What's the difference if any between the two?
I noticed that the one on the right has the Start button in the lower location.
Does that mean one is possibly set up for Tournament play and the other on Normal?

#9423 35 days ago
Quoted from N-Squared:

Does that mean one is possibly set up for Tournament play and the other on Normal?

The plunger--sometimes you feel like plunging the original, sometimes you wanna plunge with an after-market item. I do the same thing on my Lebowski's.

#9424 35 days ago
Quoted from koops:

wow! looks like they also really love ... swatch watches?

Yes, probably the most awesome swatch collection, he has 3 wall clocks and a lit commercial sign

Quoted from underlord:

If he’s transporting one or selling one, I get it. But two keepers? Uhm, why??

One of them belongs to my buddies friend, he’s shopping it out for him.

Quoted from N-Squared:

We were trying to figure out the extra button, at first I thought it was volume, but maybe it was the tourney button

The one on the right has the chrome apron, other than that, mostly the same; different Flynn sign mods, different LEDs

#9425 29 days ago

Will get a small re-run of stainless steel speaker panels

looking amazing if you use el-paper for the cut-outs

145$ shipped to USA in at a wood plate

if you are interested, send me a pm

2 weeks later
#9426 13 days ago

i have 1 stainless steel dmd cover in stock

$ 125,- shipped !!!

IMG_1771 (resized).jpegIMG_1772 (resized).jpeg
#9427 11 days ago

still here

no shipping to Canada at the moment possible
USA & EU no problem

#9428 11 days ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Will get a small re-run of stainless steel speaker panels
looking amazing if you use el-paper for the cut-outs
145$ shipped to USA in at a wood plate
if you are interested, send me a pm[quoted image]

I am curious.. where did you put the power boxes that run your EL paper and run the wires?

#9429 10 days ago

hi
you can geat EL paper at ebay

ebay.com link » A4 El Panel Electroluminescent Cuttable Light Paper Neon Sheet Actuator 12v

just drill a hole into the wood plate where the cables came out of this el paper they are runing at 12VDC

the Tron is sold out now, but it is possible to preorder

#9430 5 days ago

Hi guys, you can find here my custom code for Tron Pro (LE soon). Hope you'll like it!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-code-for-iron-man-tron-and-twd#post-5566813

#9431 4 days ago

If Tron is revisited by Lyman what is needed?

Portal needs to be more dynamic, higher scoring etc but can't think of much else??

#9432 4 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Portal needs to be more dynamic, higher scoring etc but can't think of much else??

Fix the missing 3 TRON call-outs on the Pro model. Double scoring, etc.

#9433 4 days ago

What are the dots/lighting effects like for SOS and Portal in the latest code?

Last time I saw those modes I don’t think they had dots just text.

I’d like more emphasis on combos in Tron specially end of line combo having more fanfare.

#9434 4 days ago

I've love some kind of loopin' supers style thing on the left ramp. Also, higher scoring on a 3 or 4 way combo, come on that's hard!!

#9435 4 days ago
Quoted from davidlldennis:

I've love some kind of loopin' supers style thing on the left ramp. Also, higher scoring on a 3 or 4 way combo, come on that's hard!!

Consummate any set of combos with an End of the Line jackpot and you will be rewarded

My only like to have with Tron would be a better wizard mode. Portal is beyond lame for how good this game is outside of that.

#9436 2 days ago

making the best of self-quarantine!

IMG_20200403_192010847[1] (resized).jpg
#9437 2 days ago

will get a new one next week

#9438 2 days ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

But did you complete all the modes first and have double scoring lit before you entered?

Now i’ve done portal a second time: this time with all modes complete in advance. How do I get double scoring going?

#9439 2 days ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Now i’ve done portal a second time: this time with all modes complete in advance. How do I get double scoring going?

Spell TRON, look at the playfield inserts, you can't miss it. Read rules for all the intracasies of it. How to change which mode is lit...etc.

https://www.pinballnews.com/games/tron/index6b.html

082 (resized).jpg
#9440 1 day ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Spell TRON, look at the playfield inserts, you can't miss it. Read rules for all the intracasies of it. How to change which mode is lit...etc.
https://www.pinballnews.com/games/tron/index6b.html[quoted image]

Awesome, thanks.

#9441 1 day ago

Are you close to Stern, or is this a personal wish list? Don’t get me wrong, I’d love a new update, although I would lose my custom audio which is miles better than the original!

I’ve reported the lack of TRON call-outs on the Pro several times over the years without response.

#9442 1 day ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Are you close to Stern, or is this a personal wish list? Don’t get me wrong, I’d love a new update, although I would lose my custom audio which is miles better than the original!
I’ve reported the lack of TRON call-outs on the Pro several times over the years without response.

Not close at all!

There have been mutterings over the years that Tron would get one more update but I have absolutely no idea if it will happen.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 9442 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 189.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside