IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 233.
#9301 4 years ago

I feel dumb and can’t find info... is Tron a mono or stereo game? From memory of it’s wiring, thinking it’s mono.

I’m on the quest of getting the best sound out of it as possible. I currently have a flipper fidelity kit installed and a Polk10” sub under the cab... and I’m underwhelmed. I know it can be much better. Not really looking for the pinwoofer solution at this moment either. I’m thinking more Danesi Designs

1 week later
#9302 4 years ago

Anybody every have their Hallmark light cycle go out completely? I verified 5V power is getting to it, and I soldered the wires inside to bypass the pushbutton and they are still soldered together. I took the light cycle out of the game and don't see any issues yet... Next step would be to completely split apart and disassemble the bike to look for any other issues but it might just be dead.

#9303 4 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Anybody every have their Hallmark light cycle go out completely? I verified 5V power is getting to it, and I soldered the wires inside to bypass the pushbutton and they are still soldered together. I took the light cycle out of the game and don't see any issues yet... Next step would be to completely split apart and disassemble the bike to look for any other issues but it might just be dead.

Yes...the LED in these cycles don't last forever unfortunately. I purchased a new one on Amazon for $25 back in August. Looks like it's still available, however the price is now $35 (for the 2011 yellow/orange). The 2010 blue Lightcycle is no longer available.

Disassembling the cycle and fiddling with it didn't seem worth it.

#9304 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I feel dumb and can’t find info... is Tron a mono or stereo game? From memory of it’s wiring, thinking it’s mono.
I’m on the quest of getting the best sound out of it as possible. I currently have a flipper fidelity kit installed and a Polk10” sub under the cab... and I’m underwhelmed. I know it can be much better. Not really looking for the pinwoofer solution at this moment either. I’m thinking more Danesi Designs

I believe all SAM games are mono (which includes TRON).

I just installed PinWoofer kits in my KISS and AC/DC and was blown away by the results. The PW amps are awesome. I installed them while reusing my upgraded backbox speakers on my AC/DC. I plan on integrating these amps with my existing Flipper Fidelity speakers on Metallica and TRON later this week.

I'm curious...did you install a PinWoofer Kit? If so, what didn't you like? If not, I highly recommend the product. I've fiddled with various audio upgrades and think it's best-of-breed (and sensibly priced when compared to other mods).

#9305 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yes...the LED in these cycles don't last forever unfortunately. I purchased a new one on Amazon for $25 back in August. Looks like it's still available, however the price is now $35 (for the 2011 yellow/orange). The 2010 blue Lightcycle is no longer available.

There's 5 or 6 LEDs inside and I doubt they would all burn out at the same time, I'm just not sure what else is inside and if there's a chance some internal connection broke. Guess I'll be tearing it apart either way, and worst case replacing it.

#9306 4 years ago

There's 5 or 6 LEDs inside and I doubt they would all burn out at the same time, I'm just not sure what else is inside and if there's a chance some internal connection broke. Guess I'll be tearing it apart either way, and worst case replacing it.

It's possible there was a small voltage spike at some point which fried them. They are pretty sensitive. I replaced mine with some comet LED's. Not super hard but did take some time.

#9307 4 years ago

Mine were dead when I bought the game. Thought that they out lived there life. So I to need to replace them. So if any one makes a plug and play set I’ll take one as well.

#9308 4 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Mine were dead when I bought the game. Thought that they out lived there life. So I to need to replace them. So if any one makes a plug and play set I’ll take one as well.

If you feel adventurous... I started this thread years ago (but never went any farther yet; as my originals still work fine).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-hallmark-light-cycle-tear-down-pictures-to-investigate-led-replacement
...direct link to pictures...
http://www.racepainter.com/pinball/Tron/LC_teardown/index.htm?0_L

#9309 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I believe all SAM games are mono (which includes TRON).
I just installed PinWoofer kits in my KISS and AC/DC and was blown away by the results. The PW amps are awesome. I installed them while reusing my upgraded backbox speakers on my AC/DC. I plan on integrating these amps with my existing Flipper Fidelity speakers on Metallica and TRON later this week.
I'm curious...did you install a PinWoofer Kit? If so, what didn't you like? If not, I highly recommend the product. I've fiddled with various audio upgrades and think it's best-of-breed (and sensibly priced when compared to other mods).

I like the pw amps just fine that I put in Radical , I think they’re good for back box speakers. But the sub in Tron really needs a padded box with a port hole and a 400watt amp... 100watts is silly and makes the woofer sound not so good when the volume level is turned up.

I think to be serious about boosting the bass in these higher end pins more extreme measures need to be taken as Scott Danesi showed us with TNA. (Maybe not just placing a lone sub under each game, maybe doing superior bass in the cab, then adding a sub)... it sounds like overkill, but with the one game I have done this with, the bass is outstanding

#9310 4 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

If you feel adventurous... I started this thread years ago (but never went any farther yet; as my originals still work fine).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-hallmark-light-cycle-tear-down-pictures-to-investigate-led-replacement
...direct link to pictures...
http://www.racepainter.com/pinball/Tron/LC_teardown/index.htm?0_L

Thanks but really looking for a plug and play set as of now. I have lots of projects on the go as of now.

#9311 4 years ago

What could cause the right Flipper on my Tron to stop working? Is there a fuse in that area or would it be something else?

#9312 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

What could cause the right Flipper on my Tron to stop working? Is there a fuse in that area or would it be something else?

Most likely a fuse or disconnected wire on the flipper solenoid. Just happened on my LOTR and it was simply a fuse.

#9313 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Most likely a fuse or disconnected wire on the flipper solenoid. Just happened on my LOTR and it was simply a fuse.

Thank you! Anyone know where the fuses are for the flippers on Tron and what type they use?

#9314 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thank you! Anyone know where the fuses are for the flippers on Tron and what type they use?

Page 46 of the Tron manual PDF file.

tronflipperfuses (resized).jpgtronflipperfuses (resized).jpg
#9315 4 years ago

Just finish putting in this speaker & amp kit that I got from pinwoofer. This thing rocks well done Dan, guy even answered all my dumb questions on a Saturday morning ASAP.

E6E45E7C-5552-401B-B918-3502BD55C609 (resized).jpegE6E45E7C-5552-401B-B918-3502BD55C609 (resized).jpegEC3635BA-C031-4D50-92AA-E6D0A25D8726 (resized).jpegEC3635BA-C031-4D50-92AA-E6D0A25D8726 (resized).jpegDE99EB72-0942-49E3-9985-F790D5A1F569 (resized).jpegDE99EB72-0942-49E3-9985-F790D5A1F569 (resized).jpeg
#9316 4 years ago

Does anyone have this back glass on there Tron?
If so can you share a pic.

Also does anyone know where to shop for it?

45CA4C72-1E5B-4934-9248-2DA1D4F94079 (resized).jpeg45CA4C72-1E5B-4934-9248-2DA1D4F94079 (resized).jpeg
#9317 4 years ago

Looking for suggestions on replacing the Rinzler music clip that starts looping once the target bank drops.

It is the one track that I don't care for... I don't need help with PinBrowser, just want to hear what others subbed in for that track.

Thanks!

#9318 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Does anyone have this back glass on there Tron?
If so can you share a pic.
Also does anyone know where to shop for it?[quoted image]

If you do find one let me know I’d take one to.

#9320 4 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Just finish putting in this speaker & amp kit that I got from pinwoofer. This thing rocks well done Dan, guy even answered all my dumb questions on a Saturday morning ASAP.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool. I always appreciate above and beyond customer service. I'm sure that he just landed a repeat customer because if that!

#9321 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Ebay has them

#9322 4 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Cool. I always appreciate above and beyond customer service. I'm sure that he just landed a repeat customer because if that!

He absolutely did. Met is next!

#9323 4 years ago

I decided I wanted to improve the neon flickering effect on my Flynn's sign, and I found some time to write the controller code.

It does a flickering effect when turning on, then a pulsating while it stays on.

#9324 4 years ago

That's pretty cool. Wonder if it can be game interactive. For instance, it only comes on when you shoot it in the scoop and stays lit for 10-15 seconds or so. Every time it goes in the scoop it goes through the routine.

#9325 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I decided I wanted to improve the neon flickering effect on my Flynn's sign, and I found some time to write the controller code.
It does a flickering effect when turning on, then a pulsating while it stays on.

You going to put this up for sale??

#9326 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Oooo that’s sexy

#9327 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That's pretty cool. Wonder if it can be game interactive. For instance, it only comes on when you shoot it in the scoop and stays lit for 10-15 seconds or so. Every time it goes in the scoop it goes through the routine.

I currently have it monitoring the Flynn's Arcade insert. When that turns on, so does the sign.

Quoted from AUKraut:

You going to put this up for sale??

Hmmm... I could if people really wanted them. I used one of my Sys11 GI OCD boards and wrote different firmware for it. The cables are a bit confusing.

20191125_071829 (resized).jpg20191125_071829 (resized).jpg20191125_100130 (resized).jpg20191125_100130 (resized).jpg
#9328 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

nice!

a GI OCD board in a Stern SAM machine... whatever next...

#9329 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

nice!
a GI OCD board in a Stern SAM machine... whatever next...

I also used one in my AMH to control my topper. The Sys11 one is basically a microcontroller, MOSFET outputs and a optocoupler input. You can do a LOT of different things with that combination. Plus, I have LED control / dimming code that I can easily modify for these kinds of uses.

#9330 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I currently have it monitoring the Flynn's Arcade insert. When that turns on, so does the sign.

Hmmm... I could if people really wanted them. I used one of my Sys11 GI OCD boards and wrote different firmware for it. The cables are a bit confusing.[quoted image][quoted image]

Cool but you should make it so one of the "N"s is flickery like in the movie.

I also need the actual Flynn's sign piece for my game, any idea where I could get one of those?

1 week later
#9332 4 years ago

Yes, I have it on mine. I like it. It does crazy things with the ball from time to time. But nothing damaging. I recommend it

1 week later
#9333 4 years ago

Is a 2020's contemporary Tron possible ?

or am I drifting too far ?
The tune and clip I found engaging

#9334 4 years ago

I think Stern have missed the boat for a Tron VE.

Far better to make a new game with LCD etc.

Maybe get the license if this comes off?

Good music in that Uprising for sure.

https://us.blastingnews.com/showbiz-tv/2019/12/potential-tron-reboot-in-the-works-at-disney-003030596.html

2 weeks later
#9335 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Can I commission one for my machine? Love the effect!

#9336 4 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Can I commission one for my machine? Love the effect!

Same here!

#9337 4 years ago

The board, firmware, and mounting bracket, I can easily do. If you can handle the cabling yourself, you can order a Sys11 GI OCD from my website and request in the notes that I make it into a Flynn's controller.

#9338 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The board, firmware, and mounting bracket, I can easily do. If you can handle the cabling yourself, you can order a Sys11 GI OCD from my website and request in the notes that I make it into a Flynn's controller.

Done. Really like little touches like this. Will go nicely with my smooth animation hack to the backbox lighting:

--Donnie

#9339 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I really like the look of that, simple but effective.

Might be asking for one if/when someone from the UK pinball forum does a US shopping trip in the near future....

I don't have the power breakout board though, so assume i'll have to make up some cabling of my own... which might not be so straight forward.

#9340 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I don't have the power breakout board though, so assume i'll have to make up some cabling of my own... which might not be so straight forward.

That's just a splitter for the Stern accessory power connector. I gotta think there's a European distributor with those, or maybe you'll only need a single splitter cable, which are also available (likely in Europe, too).

--Donnie

#9341 4 years ago

Basically, it's just constant 12V in (the yellow/black pair), PWM controlled 12V output (red/black pair), and a connection to the Flynn's arcade insert (the black wires and red connector). As djb_rh says, any Stern splitter would work.

#9342 4 years ago

Anyone have a spare Flynn plastic available? Mine just cracked :/

plastic (resized).jpgplastic (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#9343 4 years ago

Flank, I noticed that you hopped back onto the grid recently. If your still on would you consider changing the title of this thread back to lamp? Thanks

#9344 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Got a link to the right ones? Are they all set to plug & play, or is this another "art project" to convert a hotwheels toy to a pinball mod?

#9345 4 years ago

Anybody know where I can get an Eli's Ramp lighting kit?

#9346 4 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Flank, I noticed that you hopped back onto the grid recently. If your still on would you consider changing the title of this thread back to lamp? Thanks

I cannot, moderators up my Ass for changing the NFL thread title, Id hate to break any more rules

#9347 4 years ago
Quoted from captainBR:

Got a link to the right ones? Are they all set to plug & play, or is this another "art project" to convert a hotwheels toy to a pinball mod?

The Halmark Cycles require you to modify them to work. If you have the cycles and are just nervous about doing the wiring I'll do it for you. Come on out to Tuesday Jam at Pinballz and I'll grab them from you and will give them back to you the next Tuesday. It's a bit intimidating at first but the process is actually fairly easy to complete. P.S. I'm is Brad H.

I also go to the buffalo monthlies but with my daughters softball season starting again I don't always get to go.

#9348 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I cannot, moderators up my Ass for changing the NFL thread title, Id hate to break any more rules

Gack. That was funny as Hell. I usually agree with the mods, but... nope, not this time. They should get out of your Ass for that and let you have some fun.

(of course, not the fun you were having when you left where you were kind of being a dick. But more the actual fun like the title of that thread.)

#9349 4 years ago

If I were you, CF, I'd fear The Kitty a lot more than the Mods...

original (resized).jpgoriginal (resized).jpg
#9350 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Centerflank Lives!!!!

Welcome back buddy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/187 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.