IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 233.
#9201 4 years ago

guys, how many times do i gotta say it? comet ICE blue!

#9202 4 years ago

I just went with white besides the back board... I'm pretty boring...

#9203 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Can anyone make me up the resistors that will reduce the power of the motor? A potentiometer setup would be awesome if that's even possible. It's beyond my skills electrically and I don't want to risk running the clear disc without it, at least initially.
Happy to pay obviously.

I'll make you one if you can't find someone on your side of the pond to do it. Last time I shipped anything over there it was stupid expensive though

#9204 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Can anyone make me up the resistors that will reduce the power of the motor? A potentiometer setup would be awesome if that's even possible. It's beyond my skills electrically and I don't want to risk running the clear disc without it, at least initially.
Happy to pay obviously.

How cow, I really think you are blowing out of proportion what the clear disc actually does. Its not like your adding dejp raptor pit kick backs all over the playfield. Its fun and add's torque to the ball but its not breaking anything anytime soon.

It is so unlikely to break something id put a bet on it and i'm someone that loves keeping my machines pristine.

You are MORE likely to break something doing a flipper rebuild and having strong flippers.
If you are that scared I'd say disable the spinner in its entirety or just wait until you play it in someone else's machine.

#9205 4 years ago

mine came with a clear disc rubber. i removed it, fwtw.

#9206 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

How cow, I really think you are blowing out of proportion what the clear disc actually does. Its not like your adding dejp raptor pit kick backs all over the playfield. Its fun and add's torque to the ball but its not breaking anything anytime soon.
It is so unlikely to break something id put a bet on it and i'm someone that loves keeping my machines pristine.
You are MORE likely to break something doing a flipper rebuild and having strong flippers.
If you are that scared I'd say disable the spinner in its entirety or just wait until you play it in someone else's machine.

I don't think it's unreasonable to be apprehensive about installing this on a Tron LE when there are reports of the ball being fired out so hard that it gets stuck UNDER slingshots, goes down the trough and comes back out again, smacks bulbs out of the spotilights, etc.

Thanks for the offer 85vett - might take you up on it even if it means that once I've got a feel for it and am happy with it I end up removing the resistors.

#9207 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I don't think it's unreasonable to be apprehensive about installing this on a Tron LE when there are reports of the ball being fired out so hard that it gets stuck UNDER slingshots, goes down the trough and comes back out again, smacks bulbs out of the spotilights, etc.
Thanks for the offer 85vett - might take you up on it even if it means that once I've got a feel for it and am happy with it I end up removing the resistors.

I'm holding back on putting the clear on for this very reason. I just dropped 10k on a nice low used HUO LE, last thing I want to do is smash the shit out of its guts

#9208 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I'm holding back on putting the clear on for this very reason. I just dropped 10k on a nice low used HUO LE, last thing I want to do is smash the shit out of its guts

The major downside of the black disc isn't so much the power of it, it's the crud it leaves all over the playfield and balls, which gets deposited around the loop at the back and is difficult to get to without removing the ramps.

#9209 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

The major downside of the black disc isn't so much the power of it, it's the crud it leaves all over the playfield and balls, which gets deposited around the loop at the back and is difficult to get to without removing the ramps.

So true (and my main motivation for wanting the clear disk). I was totally blind-sided by the ball movement/speed with the clear disk. I've decided to purchase an extra assembly (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-6925-00) which makes it easy to swap disks. Price is absurd, but what the heck...

#9210 4 years ago

I’d been playing around with making my own Flynn sign.

Mixed results :/ I would still like a “inside the grid” version that lights up white.

9FA77E18-CAA0-4EAA-A751-867C30FDA061 (resized).jpeg9FA77E18-CAA0-4EAA-A751-867C30FDA061 (resized).jpeg

#9211 4 years ago

Any idea who manufactured these end-of-ramp plastics?

IMG_2387 (resized).jpegIMG_2387 (resized).jpeg
#9212 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

You can go with the blue. It's less sticky so more like the black one. Not rubber, like the black one, so should help with the debris. I think titan is coming out with one too.

I got clear over blue for the light show and just added the resustors.

#9213 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

So true (and my main motivation for wanting the clear disk). I was totally blind-sided by the ball movement/speed with the clear disk. I've decided to purchase an extra assembly (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-6925-00) which makes it easy to swap disks. Price is absurd, but what the heck...

Does that Marco product comes without any coating on the top so you can basically select what you want for the top (clear, blue, standard black, etc)?

#9214 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Does that Marco product comes without any coating on the top so you can basically select what you want for the top (clear, blue, standard black, etc)?

Don’t believe so. Most likely comes with the standard black (as specified in the Stern manual).

#9215 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Any idea who manufactured these end-of-ramp plastics?[quoted image]

Haven't been made in years. gamestencils.com originally made them.

#9216 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Haven't been made in years. gamestencils.com originally made them.

I've tried to contact them for months to purchase these. Never a response.

#9217 4 years ago

You may want to check with Rich at ThisOldGame.com because this was posted in January. "We are very pleased and very excited to announce that This Old Game now carries Arcade Stencils courtesy of www.GameStencils.com We couldn't have done this without the cooperation, and generosity of Brian Jones (PRoK) in providing the most accurate stencils on the planet to help everyone restore these games for years to come."

#9218 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

That one probably does but save a crap ton of money and just buy the one from pinball life without for 20 bucks.

https://www.pinballlife.com/tron-plastic-spinning-disk.html

#9219 4 years ago

Also for you hoarders or people with a broken left ramp (one for upper flipper) it looks like they got one in stock.

https://www.pinballlife.com/tron-le-left-ramp.html

#9220 4 years ago

Any recommendations for a top flight external subwoofer?

#9221 4 years ago

Can't say that this is top flight, but for the money it sure works well and puts out a ton of low end: https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-sub-1200-12-120-watt-powered-subwoofer--300-629

#9222 4 years ago

Thanks. Anything else needed with it to get it connected? Never used a sub before, thinking it’s time with Tron and maybe pick up a second for BSD.

#9223 4 years ago

These sub’s on amazon are a popular choice. I waited for a sale and picked it up for $89.99
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002KVQBA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

This makes it easy to connect it
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=38

I’m running this setup on my Tron and it’s awesome

#9224 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Never used a sub before, thinking it’s time with Tron and maybe pick up a second for BSD.

Tron, required.
BSD, no.

In my experience, subs help some games, and in Tron, just the opening of lightcycle is worth owning a sub to get that drop.

But most Williams games sound muddy with one. The sound on BSD is actually pretty poor. Better gear just makes it sound worse. I switched to a Pinsound in my BSD, and that is better. But a sub never helped it. As always, just my opinion.

#9225 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thanks. Anything else needed with it to get it connected? Never used a sub before, thinking it’s time with Tron and maybe pick up a second for BSD.

Last week, I hooked up a sub for the first time after purchasing a TRON with the pinnovator sub-connector installed.

I happen to have a pretty crazy NHT-10 sub (ebay.com link: NHT 10 Powered Subwoofer 300W) in storage...can't believe I never made use of it!

#9226 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You can also use the old fashioned way--lamp cord cut to length, attach ( I solder) alligator clips on one end and clip onto the cab speaker wire tabs, run wire thru a vent hole, hook the other end up to the sub. Make sure you don't run the wires out of phase--go neg to neg and pos to pos. One side of the lamp cord will be marked to help with this. I usually tin the ends that go into the sub, not required but it makes things cleaner.

#9227 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's it. You're out of the club. Never used a sub on Tron before he says

Tron is one of the games a Sub makes the biggest difference. As stated above. The light cycle intro with a sub is awesome!

#9228 4 years ago

If you want a cheap alternative, I buy my subs on the FB marketplace, I have been able to find some nice subs for cheap or even a free Bose sub not to long ago, I paid $20 for a nice Sony sub that sounds better than my Polk.. just a thought.

#9229 4 years ago

sub or die.

#9230 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

These sub’s on amazon are a popular choice. I waited for a sale and picked it up for $89.99
amazon.com link »

This makes it easy to connect it
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=38

I’m running this setup on my Tron and it’s awesome

Gosh, I forgot how awesome all the Tron people were. Thanks for all the suggestions gang, I went with the above set up, should arrive next Friday just in time for a little pin party my wife and I are hosting. I go and pick up the Tron on Sunday, I'll share some photos of it set up.

#9231 4 years ago

fyi...looking for experience/feedback, so I created a separate topic. thx.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-experience-adding-lego-lightcycles-to-tron

#9232 4 years ago

pinnovators also have a hub/splitter, so you can hook up multiple games to the same sub; been using one for years.

#9233 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

pinnovators also have a hub/splitter, so you can hook up multiple games to the same sub; been using one for years.

What happens if both game are being played

#9234 4 years ago

both games get access to the sub at the same time. they limit it to four games, so i guess that's the max they determined for mixing signals.

#9235 4 years ago

saves money for sure, since you don't have to buy a sub for each game.

#9236 4 years ago

Shoot, I just use the left input for one game and the right input for the another game. No special boards needed. I'm curious how the 4 game set-up works. Signal wise I get it but that sub will be pretty far away from at least 1 (if not 2) of the games. For me it always sounded odd when I didn't have the sub centered between the two games I was playing.

#9237 4 years ago

Did the Tron Pro have a basic sub installed from factory?

#9238 4 years ago

i've had upto three hooked up; never tried four. i just sat the sub under the one in the middle.

#9239 4 years ago

Thoughts? I saved the original chrome parts

6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpegB2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpegB2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
#9240 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Thoughts? I saved the original chrome parts[quoted image][quoted image]

Not awful, but I prefer the contrast of the chrome. Too much blue for my taste.

#9241 4 years ago

Not sure why you'd do that on an LE personally, but at least you kept the original parts.

Looks like a nice room/house though

#9242 4 years ago

I love the candy blue. Never been a fan of chrome. Spider man LE is about to get the same treatment with glossy black! But yes must save original parts to restore game to factory appearance.

#9243 4 years ago

Maui Blue 2 stage powder coat. I spent hours with sample swatches coming up with this color as a near perfect match even more so than illusion blue.

The execution by Rob Stone is flawless as usual. I also got the total lightshow mod installed and an external sub hooked up with modified sound rom, backbox dimming mod, light cycles, latest Tron arcade mod, Flynn’s sign, sideblades and ColorDMD.

I am loving this thing!

391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpegD8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpegD8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
#9244 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Thoughts? I saved the original chrome parts[quoted image][quoted image]

Chrome all the way .

#9245 4 years ago

Here are some photos of my Tron. I’ll need to order a topper at some point this year. Are there any suggestions for this? I’m unlikely to make a topper. F91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpegF91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpeg6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg

#9246 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Here are some photos of my Tron. I’ll need to order a topper at some point this year. Are there any suggestions for this? I’m unlikely to make a topper. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! Beautiful example. Matching coin door looks awesome!

One really minor thing I noticed (since I'm adding them to my chrome apron). Your apron decal is from the Pro apron.

Terry @ Pinballlife managed to get me the LE decals from Stern for a sensible price. Marco also has them in stock.

Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpegImage 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg
#9247 4 years ago

Wow! That is the best color I’ve seen on Tron. Congrats! The hinges are a nice touch as well.

#9248 4 years ago

I'm a fan of the Blue armor myself.......

TRON Wall.jpgTRON Wall.jpg
#9249 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I'm a fan of the Blue armor myself.......[quoted image]

Those extra translite holders look great!

#9250 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Any idea who manufactured these end-of-ramp plastics?[quoted image]

Maybe a friend of mine can make a reproduction of these two plastics.

Can you send me a scan to [email protected] .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/185?hl=zfromearth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.