IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 233.
#9151 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Is changing the disc the only solution to black crud being left everywhere?
Looking back through my photos I took the ramps off my Tron (LE) back in August 2018. Nearly a year later and I have another black streak around the back, despite the fact the game barely gets played. I also cleaned and waxed the playfield yesterday and the cloth I used ended up with a black film over most of it. None of my other pins have this problem.
I have a clear disc that I bought a while back that I can fit, but I'm scared to because of stories of violent ejections. I have several mods that are expensive or irreplaceable.
This is what it looked like last year, I'd say it's fairly similar now...
[quoted image]

Short answer is: clear disc, as well as replacing rubber rings/posts with Titan Silicone rings.

Don't be afraid of the clear disc, it calms down to a nice level of havoc within 30-40 plays. I can't now imagine mine without it, as the effect it has on the ball is incredible. I have had it shoot the ball out with such spin to make the Quorra shot, the Gem shot, even the left ramp...which has only happened once and blew my mind!! I love it!!!

#9152 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Short answer is: clear disc, as well as replacing rubber rings/posts with Titan Silicone rings.
Don't be afraid of the clear disc, it calms down to a nice level of havoc within 30-40 plays. I can't now imagine mine without it, as the effect it has on the ball is incredible. I have had it shoot the ball out with such spin to make the Quorra shot, the Gem shot, even the left ramp...which has only happened once and blew my mind!! I love it!!!

Where do you get the clear disc?

#9153 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

When you hit the spinner the light cycle shot should count and the light should go out. Either on the plunge or when you shot through the pops.

I tested all my switches and they are good. I'll have to take the glass off and fire up a game and play with it to try and figure it out. Something seems out of whack.

#9154 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Already got clear Titans everywhere. Guess I just have to bite the bullet and try the disc and see how I get on.

Did you strip off the black disc and reuse the plastic disc, or buy a new one?

#9155 4 years ago

Probably a dumb question, but I've always wondered, what is the "Lightning Kitty" reference on the title of this thread? I assume it was something relevant when the thread was started 6 years ago.

#9156 4 years ago
a07de045f8d5c429af352a90d4cc9df8d49b3065 (resized).jpga07de045f8d5c429af352a90d4cc9df8d49b3065 (resized).jpg
#9157 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Already got clear Titans everywhere. Guess I just have to bite the bullet and try the disc and see how I get on.

Stripped it off and reused the plastic disk. Make sure it’s good and clean, and also used a Goop clear adhesive spread out thin to hold the disk in place. The adhesive supplied on the disk itself was not enough to hold it long term.

For other Pinsider’s reference I used these discs:

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-stern-tron-tron-le-spinning-disk-pad-set-p-51.html

#9158 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Probably a dumb question, but I've always wondered, what is the "Lightning Kitty" reference on the title of this thread? I assume it was something relevant when the thread was started 6 years ago.

Lightning Kitty is just bad-assed! And you are right, you are probably better off not asking...

#9159 4 years ago

Clear disc awesome! Ordered! This game is modalicious!

#9160 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Where do you get the clear disc?

EricHadley

Titan will have them soon...

sloth-soon-meme (resized).jpgsloth-soon-meme (resized).jpg
#9161 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Just ordered a clear disc from Pinball Center as well as translucent rubbers.

#9162 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Clear disc awesome! Ordered! This game is modalicious!

Be prepared...when you first hit that clear silicone disc it's like you dropped a pinball into a blender...the action is jaw dropping...and fun.

#9163 4 years ago

I’ve got a TRON Gem & Quorra Girls translite available for trade, looking to do an even swap for a regular TRON 2D translite just like the one in the picture attached. Please PM if interested. I’m not interested in selling my TRON Girls translite, only looking to trade.

Thanks!

E582F3F8-F368-48D6-8C2D-FA9B53F14B11 (resized).jpegE582F3F8-F368-48D6-8C2D-FA9B53F14B11 (resized).jpeg
#9164 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Do the resistor mod when you install the clear disc. I did and have been extremely happy with it's performance. Better look and better performance than the black one but not nearly as rough on the game. As the disc wears down, you can remove them and be back up to normal power which will be just right again with a worm disc pad. I made a plug in harness for mine with IDC connectors so it's stupid easy to install and remove. Just one male and one female connector. Two resistors of you your choice (just slowing the motor down more) and some heat shrink to cove the exposed leads after you install in the connectors. Viola, you are done!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/154#post-4366853

#9165 4 years ago

Yup I did see the resistor mod, but I don't have the skills to make them up myself.

#9166 4 years ago

@durzel, what expensive inreplacable mods do you have then?

#9167 4 years ago

An original DK pinball Flynns sign.
The mini arcade (ok that's replaceable but it's still $300+)
The ramps - now unobtainium.

#9168 4 years ago

I agree with the ramps... but again the first 30 games are scary, after that it settles down very nice. The Flynns sign it will not hit, also the arcade is safe. Plastics and ramps can be hit.

#9169 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Be prepared...when you first hit that clear silicone disc it's like you dropped a pinball into a blender...the action is jaw dropping...and fun.

I have to laugh when people comment about " unbelievable ball action" when the magnet(s) sling the ball a bit in a new ( unnamed) game. " Never seen anything like it".

They obviously haven't experienced the grid...

#9170 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Lightning Kitty is just bad-assed! And you are right, you are probably better off not asking...

Good times when Flank was engaged in the thread...I always preferred the original "I love it more than lamp" title....He changed it to " lightning kitty" not too long prior to his departure.

I know he's out of the hobby now, but miss his posts...Was a great pinsider...

#9171 4 years ago

I’m not usually one to mod the inside of a game much, but dang some of these Tron mods are modalicious! How it shoulda came from the factory. I put some of Tron mods up there with the WOZ witch and monkey, which are the gold standard of mods.

2FB6440D-16E6-4D6D-87A5-63BBC222C073 (resized).jpeg2FB6440D-16E6-4D6D-87A5-63BBC222C073 (resized).jpegE7174D80-1D56-49B2-A4ED-8BE503946607 (resized).jpegE7174D80-1D56-49B2-A4ED-8BE503946607 (resized).jpeg
#9172 4 years ago

Tron Arcade mod is my favorite.

#9173 4 years ago

Yeah that one is good too, game came with the arcade and Flynn sign mods already. Both of those are nice too

#9174 4 years ago

The game holds it's own w anything currently out...Period...

#9175 4 years ago

I’m liking this game more than lightning kitty! Seriously, I am

#9176 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The game holds it's own w anything currently out...Period...

I traded my Tron temporary for Iron Maiden which I love also. But I’m looking forward to get back to the grid.

I’m loving these newer pins with dense deep rules but Tron is one of the better short rule pins.

#9177 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m liking this game more than lightning kitty! Seriously, I am

Don't let the Kitty hear that...

#9178 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:Tron is one of the beater short rule pins.

Watch your mouth on the grid!

#9179 4 years ago

Why did centerflank leave the hobby, he was heavily into Tron few years ago.

#9180 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Why did centerflank leave the hobby, he was heavily into Tron few years ago.

LOL..He WAS Tron several years ago. Great pindude.....really don't know the exact reasons, but I always had great on and offline chats w him.

Will believe he just moved on....it is just pinball at the end of the day....

#9181 4 years ago

So end of the line for him?

#9182 4 years ago

Cf is a good guy, he and pinside did not agree, he and friends hang out on Facebook last I checked, he is still Tron and still loves it more than lightening kitty

#9183 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Cf is a good guy, he and pinside did not agree, he and friends hang out on Facebook last I checked, he is still Tron and still loves it more than lightening kitty

Sadly, his Tron left awhile back, and Apron of Destiny lives who knows where. Think he was selling his final machine, MET awhile back. I'll have to reach out, but not a FB fan.

He and Brett are missed around here....

#9184 4 years ago

No one truly leaves the grid, btw....

#9185 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That is for sure. I just bought a heavily loaded pro last week. Tron becomes the first game to come into my collection three times...

pics to follow after machine pickup.

#9186 4 years ago

He and pinside did not agree....what is there not to agree? Not trying to dig up drama, but if you just keep it polite and be nice to others there is nothing wrong here. Yes there are some outspoken persons....but just ignore...just like in traffic...move on.

#9187 4 years ago

in the club

IMG_20190805_160432[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20190805_160432[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20190805_160626[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20190805_160626[1] (resized).jpg
#9188 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

He and pinside did not agree....what is there not to agree? Not trying to dig up drama, but if you just keep it polite and be nice to others there is nothing wrong here. Yes there are some outspoken persons....but just ignore...just like in traffic...move on.

Like a lot of Pinsiders over the years, he kept boiling the frog a bit too long. His ribbing and jokes got a bit harsher, and at some point crossed over to being mean. Then he got mad when people would get upset with it. It has happened to many of the greats here. Then people look back longingly and ignore where the person went off the rails.

But that is just my opinion after seeing this mistake be repeated again and again by people. We should all just go back to "Bill and Ted" and be excellent to each other.

#9189 4 years ago

So...just checking. I'm changing the black spinner rubber to white (Pinball Center). The disc when not powered rotates using my finger not smoothly but has 3 bumps as it rotates. Is this usual or should it rotate smoothly? TIA

#9190 4 years ago
Quoted from vulcan903:

So...just checking. I'm changing the black spinner rubber to white (Pinball Center). The disc when not powered rotates using my finger not smoothly but has 3 bumps as it rotates. Is this usual or should it rotate smoothly? TIA

It feels a bit bumpy when rotating by hand...

#9191 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Tron Arcade mod is my favorite.

Definitely a "must have!"

#9192 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

...Love the "Grid".

20190807_192459 (resized).jpg20190807_192459 (resized).jpg
#9193 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

...Love the "Grid".[quoted image]

Nice score. The message would be better if my name was there.

#9194 4 years ago

Thank you. Hands down the most favorite machine in my collection...

#9195 4 years ago
Quoted from vulcan903:

Feels bumpy as it's the magnets grabbing that you are feeling.

#9196 4 years ago

Can anyone make me up the resistors that will reduce the power of the motor? A potentiometer setup would be awesome if that's even possible. It's beyond my skills electrically and I don't want to risk running the clear disc without it, at least initially.

Happy to pay obviously.

#9197 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Can anyone make me up the resistors that will reduce the power of the motor? A potentiometer setup would be awesome if that's even possible. It's beyond my skills electrically and I don't want to risk running the clear disc without it, at least initially.
Happy to pay obviously.

I moved over to the clear disc without adding a resistor and it’s been a blast with 0 damage. The ball movement is insane...really beyond any mech in any game I’ve ever played. It’s really cool when the spin causes it to nail GEM! No joke. Not trying to convince you, just giving you my experience...

#9198 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I moved over to the clear disc without adding a resistor and it’s been a blast with 0 damage. The ball movement is insane...really beyond any mech in any game I’ve ever played. It’s really cool when the spin causes it to nail GEM! No joke. Not trying to convince you, just giving you my experience...

The downside with the clear disc is it will need somewhat frequent replacement.

#9199 4 years ago

Jeez... just changed the rubbers and disc to transparent ones, as well as Dr Pinball ramp lights. Lights are great, and a great addition for the Pro. But boy the spinner is fast now.

20190810_102415 (resized).jpg20190810_102415 (resized).jpg
#9200 4 years ago

That’s a lot of blue

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.