tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 233.
#9101 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

i think it's hitting 3 lit shots in rapid succession, or before the Lightcycle inserts reset again.

We call that a combo

LC is all about combos. Don't hit them fast enough, and you start again. As I understood it, there was a 3 shot combo that if you could hit it, would light it solid. But I could never hit it. LC was always my nemesis.

#9102 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

We call that a combo
LC is all about combos. Don't hit them fast enough, and you start again. As I understood it, there was a 3 shot combo that if you could hit it, would light it solid. But I could never hit it. LC was always my nemesis.

I always try and hit the combo this way.

-left ramp- feeds back to right flipper
-quorra shot- feeds to upper left flipper
-then straight into the right ramp and bam! Done.

This combo is really aided if when you start the multiball in the scoop, right as it ejects, that you can launch that first shot on the fly up the ramp without the interruption of the second ball.

#9103 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

We call that a combo

Sorry, I was pitching this at a different market

#fuckyournewamatuerstarwarsmachine

#9104 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I always try and hit the combo this way.
-left ramp- feeds back to right flipper
-quorra shot- feeds to upper left flipper
-then straight into the right ramp and bam! Done.

Yes, this is the only way that I have found to reliably finish the mode. Unfortunately, I usually choke on the right ramp shot under pressure.

#9105 4 years ago

Added some service rails from Marco last night! Take that cheap Stern and your dumb pegs!!

IMG_20190717_223502 (resized).jpgIMG_20190717_223502 (resized).jpg
#9106 4 years ago

https://redshiftled.com.au/Store.php#!/Full-kits/c/26400493/offset=0&sort=normal

A few of the total light show kits for Tron available. He posted in his thread, but figured I would post it here as well.

#9107 4 years ago

Go Chiefs!

#9108 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

Added some service rails from Marco last night! Take that cheap Stern and your dumb pegs!![quoted image]

looks great - would love to add a set to my TRON ... do you have a link or part number by chance?

#9109 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

looks great - would love to add a set to my TRON ... do you have a link or part number by chance?

PBL has a complete kit that I installed on mine, only gotcha is they are on vacation until Monday so they may take a day or two to catch up....

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-playfield-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-sam-machines.html

#9110 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

These are the ones I used - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-6862-0X

#9111 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

A few of the total light show kits for Tron available.

Anyone have a review of the kit?

#9112 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

Anyone have a review of the kit?

Its the best kit.. installed 2 kits of elis, and 3 of the TLS from timebandit. The TLS is still supported buy a great guy... its completely thought out. You don't have to drill into the ramps because of his ingenious clips, dims so you can intensify the ramp brightness, PLUS you can drive drop targets... swap out the "tron" bank on the left with actual drop targets and the TLS can control them just like the LE.

shameless plug: Im selling a bank of 4 drops that would work perfectly

#9113 4 years ago

Why on earth did Stern make cabinets like this to begin with? To save $10? How does something so blatantly poorly designed ever get ok'ed by their QC?

#9114 4 years ago

Ordered! Tempted with the fibre too from the guy in Qz but is that overkill to have both do you think?

#9115 4 years ago
Quoted from vulcan903:

Ordered! Tempted with the fibre too from the guy in Qz but is that overkill to have both do you think?

I would think you choose one or the other. I just bought the TLS fiber kit. Looks a lot more like the LE lighting and factory ramp style. I also liked that it can dim the GI and control other game lighting to optimize the lamp lighting effects.

#9116 4 years ago

Cracking game tonight, almost 100 million better than my previous high score! Portal played and one Gem shot away from getting everything flashing a second time (I don't know whether you get a second SoS or not).

IMG_20190723_214541 (resized).jpgIMG_20190723_214541 (resized).jpg
#9117 4 years ago

I'm going to look at an LE on Saturday and hopefully purchase it. Anything other than the ordinary items to look for on this title?

#9118 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

https://redshiftled.com.au/Store.php#!/Full-kits/c/26400493/offset=0&sort=normal
A few of the total light show kits for Tron available. He posted in his thread, but figured I would post it here as well.

Only 4 left. Seems there are still a few naked Tron Pros out there in the wild.

#9119 4 years ago

Other than the signature, are the playfields in the pro and LE identical?

#9120 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Other than the signature, are the playfields in the pro and LE identical?

LE has silver borders around all the inserts.

#9121 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Only 4 left. Seems there are still a few naked Tron Pros out there in the wild.

I’m interested in a kit but .... check your email

#9122 4 years ago

So is Tron incandescent or LED? Or both? Did they switch over to LED at some point? In some pics of the bottom of the Playfield I see bulb holders like they used in LOTR, but then in others I see what appear to be LED boards. Trying to plan a bulb order for the LE I am picking up Saturday. Thx

#9123 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

So is Tron incandescent or LED? Or both? Did they switch over to LED at some point? In some pics of the bottom of the Playfield I see bulb holders like they used in LOTR, but then in others I see what appear to be LED boards. Trying to plan a bulb order for the LE I am picking up Saturday. Thx

My Pro and the ones I saw on location were definitely incandescent. Can't speak for LEs.....

#9124 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

It’s a mix on the LE. All the GI is factory incandescent. Some of the inserts are LED boards. Maybe most actually, from memory.

#9126 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Cracking game tonight, almost 100 million better than my previous high score! Portal played and one Gem shot away from getting everything flashing a second time (I don't know whether you get a second SoS or not).[quoted image]

Nice score! I’m curious, did you get to Portal directly and collect the 50M bonus for not needing SOS? My son did it the other day and it was pretty cool.

Also, what do you think of Portal MB? We are having a hard time understanding the objectives for Portal MB (and I can’t seem to find a useful rule sheet).

#9127 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Nice score! I’m curious, did you get to Portal directly and collect the 50M bonus for not needing SOS? My son did it the other day and it was pretty cool.
Also, what do you think of Portal MB? We are having a hard time understanding the objectives for Portal MB (and I can’t seem to find a useful rule sheet).

Is this not good?

https://www.pinballnews.com/games/tron/index6b.html

#9128 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

LE’s have incandescent GI & flashers including those under the disc and LED inserts all white LED boards, I have been considering asking PinMonk if he could maybe make some of his insert gels for the LE but have no idea what the level of interest would be?

#9129 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

LE’s have incandescent GI & flashers including those under the disc and LED inserts all white LED boards, I have been considering asking vireland if he could maybe make some of his insert gels for the LE but have no idea what the level of interest would be?

Thanks for the info. Interesting how Stern was experimenting with LED's back then and created a sort of hodge podge. Personally I wish Tron LE had been all incandescent. Those LED boards are unobtanium.

#9130 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

LE’s have incandescent GI & flashers including those under the disc and LED inserts all white LED boards, I have been considering asking vireland if he could maybe make some of his insert gels for the LE but have no idea what the level of interest would be?

Insert gels? I might be interested if I knew what it was.

Not only are the LED boards unobtanium they also stop you using LED OCD, which is annoying. I didn't know that before I bought my LE. I'm not as affected by the digital on/off of LEDs, but even so..

#9131 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

No, I needed SoS because I had a bad Quora Multiball, all I had to do was make the Quora shot. I must say that Portal is a bit disappointing, it seems to just be a case of hitting the major shots several times, I think including Gem, and that's never going to happen. My favourite Wizard modes are the ones that fight back like Junk Yard or STTNG.

#9132 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Insert gels? I might be interested if I knew what it was.
Not only are the LED boards unobtanium they also stop you using LED OCD, which is annoying. I didn't know that before I bought my LE. I'm not as affected by the digital on/off of LEDs, but even so..

If this link works it should take you to his insert gel page

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/by-category/345-playfield-other

#9133 4 years ago

Anyone have custom rule cards? Mine are quite faded and I can't seem to find any that I can download and print...

#9134 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If this link works it should take you to his insert gel page

What link? lol Is this some sort of test?

#9135 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

Anyone have custom rule cards? Mine are quite faded and I can't seem to find any that I can download and print...

You can use mine if you like: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aurich-free-play-instruction-card-repository#post-4775868

#9136 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

What link? lol Is this some sort of test?

Yes and since you have passed I have now added the link, well done

#9137 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yes and since you have passed I have now added the link, well done

Cheers. I'm still not sure what "insert gels" are, though. That link goes to some guy called Pin Monk, but the person you said creates them is PinMonk ? What are insert gels?

#9138 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Cheers. I'm still not sure what "insert gels" are, though. That link goes to some guy called Pin Monk, but the person you said creates them is vireland ? What are insert gels?

Pinmonk is PinMonk pinside store, they are one and the same. Basically the gels he makes are 3D printed mounts/frames that hold coloured gels under each insert, if you do a search on pinballinfo for iron maiden gels I believe Sutol or NeilMcRae did a group buy on the forum.

#9139 4 years ago

And to help you understand the term "gel",

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_gel

Basically a transparent / semi transparent / translucent colored piece of plastic put over a light to change the color.

#9140 4 years ago

If anyone is interested in a Tron "Girls" translite, Great American Pinball has new, original ones in stock for $99 ... I was skeptical at first because Marco had these for $250 at on point. However, I just got mine in and it looks great.

https://www.greatamericanpinball.com/product-page/tron-translite

IMG_3610 (resized).jpgIMG_3610 (resized).jpg
#9141 4 years ago

Joined the club today. Plays so great! HUO with under 300 plays and pretty sure that’s lifetime total because code is not up to date! Thinking about Titan rubber color. How would it look to do left half side in orange and right half side in white? Idk

98FF83B6-D67B-4FE6-AD5B-41138F0FCF13 (resized).jpeg98FF83B6-D67B-4FE6-AD5B-41138F0FCF13 (resized).jpeg
#9142 4 years ago

Welcome to the club... nice find!

#9143 4 years ago

Tore the game down. Waxed the Playfield, replaced the bare led GI with frosted LED’s and installed orange titans. I think the orange worked out well.

4B4B4965-4E4F-4EB1-B7C8-B3242AC70DD8 (resized).jpeg4B4B4965-4E4F-4EB1-B7C8-B3242AC70DD8 (resized).jpegB698E40A-54D7-45D8-AA85-A121DEFF964D (resized).jpegB698E40A-54D7-45D8-AA85-A121DEFF964D (resized).jpeg
#9144 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Tore the game down. Waxed the Playfield, replaced the bare led GI with frosted LED’s and installed orange titans. I think the orange worked out well.[quoted image][quoted image]

A must is the drop bank decal. I managed to get one from the USA just a few months ago so you might be lucky.

#9145 4 years ago
Quoted from vulcan903:

A must is the drop bank decal. I managed to get one from the USA just a few months ago so you might be lucky.

Ordered! Also got the lighted cycles! I’m not much of a moder, but target decals are nice and dang those lit up cycles look sweet

#9146 4 years ago

I'd recommend the Pinbits (I think?) plastic protector set too. Not too expensive but finishes it off nicely.

#9147 4 years ago

Question. The right loop. The light cycle light. Is that supposed to go out when you shoot the right loop? Cause mine doesn’t. I’ve tested all the switches, the spinner, the right loop switch and left loop switch and all register. So what’s the dealio?

#9148 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Question. The right loop. The light cycle light. Is that supposed to go out when you shoot the right loop? Cause mine doesn’t. I’ve tested all the switches, the spinner, the right loop switch and left loop switch and all register. So what’s the dealio?

It should. Does it light Flynn's?

#9149 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

When you hit the spinner the light cycle shot should count and the light should go out. Either on the plunge or when you shot through the pops.

#9150 4 years ago

Is changing the disc the only solution to black crud being left everywhere?

Looking back through my photos I took the ramps off my Tron (LE) back in August 2018. Nearly a year later and I have another black streak around the back, despite the fact the game barely gets played. I also cleaned and waxed the playfield yesterday and the cloth I used ended up with a black film over most of it. None of my other pins have this problem.

I have a clear disc that I bought a while back that I can fit, but I'm scared to because of stories of violent ejections. I have several mods that are expensive or irreplaceable.

This is what it looked like last year, I'd say it's fairly similar now...

IMG_2208 (resized).jpegIMG_2208 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/183?hl=vulcan903 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.