IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 233.
#9051 4 years ago

So I just noticed that my light cycle bikes are not lit. Is there a adapter to hook these to my 8 way adapter board? Or could someone make me one by chance will pay for services.

7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg
#9052 4 years ago

Got it figured out thanks to whom replied.

#9053 4 years ago

So, my TRON recently started sending out two balls into the shooter lane. it does this about 30% of the time now. Any idea on what to look for and/or adjust?

#9054 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

So, my TRON recently started sending out two balls into the shooter lane. it does this about 30% of the time now. Any idea on what to look for and/or adjust?

Go into test mod see if all switches are on In ball trough. Is where I’d start.

#9055 4 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Go into test mod see if all switches are on In ball trough. Is where I’d start.

Thanks, all switches in the ball trough do seem to be registering correctly. hmm...

#9056 4 years ago

Reseat the connector on the through opto boards. Sometimes a flaky one there can cause it to fire twice. Mainly the jam switch.

Also, check to make sure the switch in the shooter lane is registering properly. Being a Stern I would be very surprised if the above isn't the issue as that seems to always pop up.

#9057 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Reseat the connector on the through opto boards. Sometimes a flaky one there can cause it to fire twice. Mainly the jam switch.
Also, check to make sure the switch in the shooter lane is registering properly. Being a Stern I would be very surprised if the above isn't the issue as that seems to always pop up.

Thank you! - i will try this tonight.

#9058 4 years ago

Does anyone have the instructions on how to install the Flynn sign mod?
Thanks

#9059 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does anyone have the instructions on how to install the Flynn sign mod?
Thanks

I don’t have the instructions but have one in my game I could send you pics.

#9060 4 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

I don’t have the instructions but have one in my game I could send you pics.

I think I found some pics and can work with it, just dont know where flynn sign cable goes into playfield
thanks!

#9061 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think I found some pics and can work with it, just dont know where flynn sign cable goes into playfield
thanks!

Mine goes through the flasher bulb housing then runs down the flasher wiring.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9062 4 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Mine goes through the flasher bulb housing then runs down the flasher wiring.[quoted image]

Thanks man, did you have to remove the mini cab to get the wire through and were you able to just push it down?
Thanks

#9063 4 years ago

Can just push it down. I removed the flasher though to run the wire down the hole.

#9064 4 years ago

Anyone have the original TRON Mini Arcade they are willing to sell? Looking for a like new original one that maybe someone has taken off when they upgraded.

#9065 4 years ago

Great job on the Flynn sign Lior. It looks fantastic!

32A256A0-7748-489D-8BEA-474C2BA6DC28 (resized).jpeg32A256A0-7748-489D-8BEA-474C2BA6DC28 (resized).jpeg
#9066 4 years ago
Quoted from brett:

Great job on the Flynn sign Lior. It looks fantastic![quoted image]

Err.. where can I buy this please?

#9067 4 years ago
Quoted from brett:

Great job on the Flynn sign Lior. It looks fantastic![quoted image]

Is that this one?

C4493447-55BA-4E97-91CD-FE3D8011CE20 (resized).jpegC4493447-55BA-4E97-91CD-FE3D8011CE20 (resized).jpeg

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:874145

#9068 4 years ago

Anyone have the original TRON Mini Arcade they are willing to sell? Looking for a like new original one that maybe someone has taken off when they upgraded.

Are you looking for the stern one or the original that plays the animated game. I have that one if you are interested. I'll need to plug it in to make sure it all works. Mine came with version 4 when I bought it but an older version was already installed.

#9069 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Are you looking for the stern one or the original that plays the animated game. I have that one if you are interested. I'll need to plug it in to make sure it all works. Mine came with version 4 when I bought it but an older version was already installed.

thank you for the reply, I was looking for the original stern one...

#9070 4 years ago

After four years, finally hit Portal! Machine still plays brutal with only ~1500 plays haha As soon as I hit that lit portal shot, man, I was screaming at the machine “F YOU SUCK IT B@!#%”... Tron won’t respect you unless you are rough with the machine, you understand

#9071 4 years ago

I managed to get Portal after having my machine for a few months, then I got it on ball 2 the next day. I've played Portal 3 times now but I haven't managed to complete it. I must say, it's not the most exciting wizard mode ever.

1 week later
#9072 4 years ago

Well, I ended up tossing in a Colour DMD into Tron this week. My goodness, this is a serious mod that adds a lot to the pin! The animations have much more impact and style. Bonus, it was SUPER easy to install! If you're on the the fence about a Colour DMD, go for it! Dmod makes one hell of a product!

IMG_20190710_202128 (resized).jpgIMG_20190710_202128 (resized).jpgIMG_20190710_202142 (resized).jpgIMG_20190710_202142 (resized).jpg
#9073 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

Well, I ended up tossing in a Colour DMD into Tron this week. My goodness, this is a serious mod that adds a lot to the pin! The animations have much more impact and style. Bonus, it was SUPER easy to install! If you're on the the fence about a Colour DMD, go for it! dmod makes one hell of a product![quoted image][quoted image]

Totally agree

#9074 4 years ago

FINALLY! I joined the club!

47D07733-284E-4812-87F0-31B32A0749E1 (resized).jpeg47D07733-284E-4812-87F0-31B32A0749E1 (resized).jpeg
#9075 4 years ago

For all the Tron owners out there.... I am looking at a well modded Pro locally. I was ready to make an offer as I was told it had the Eli ramp mod (the mod that is most important to me as I love the lighted ramps). However, inspecting it yesterday, I realized that the lighted ramps on the machine don't change colors. It appears to be El wiring but not the color changing Eli mod.

Now I am a bit torn. Is the Eli ramp or the other Tron lighted ramp mod even still available to buy?

The pin is HOU only and has a lot of other nice upgrades like the arcade mod, Flynn sign, lighted cycles, blue dmd, flipper fidelity speakers, shaker, etc. It just doesn't have the mod I wanted most, the changing lighted ramps.

Should I hold out hope that Stern makes a VE with the factory lighted ramps or try to find an aftermarket ramp mod (if even still available)?

#9076 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

For all the Tron owners out there.... I am looking at a well modded Pro locally. I was ready to make an offer as I was told it had the Eli ramp mod (the mod that is most important to me as I love the lighted ramps). However, inspecting it yesterday, I realized that the lighted ramps on the machine don't change colors. It appears to be El wiring but not the color changing Eli mod.
Now I am a bit torn. Is the Eli ramp or the other Tron lighted ramp mod even still available to buy?
The pin is HOU only and has a lot of other nice upgrades like the arcade mod, Flynn sign, lighted cycles, blue dmd, flipper fidelity speakers, shaker, etc. It just doesn't have the mod I wanted most, the changing lighted ramps.
Should I hold out hope that Stern makes a VE with the factory lighted ramps or try to find an aftermarket ramp mod (if even still available)?

I’d say go for it... and try to locate kit after the fact. I wouldn’t hold my breath on vault edition.

#9077 4 years ago

I’d say go for it... and try to locate kit after the fact. I wouldn’t hold my breath on vault edition.

Thanks. Do you know if any of the kits are still made and what they sell for? I saw there was a guy in Australia making one as late as last year. Can't find anything else on it, though.

Also wondering how difficult or long it takes to install something like that?...

#9078 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I managed to get Portal after having my machine for a few months, then I got it on ball 2 the next day. I've played Portal 3 times now but I haven't managed to complete it. I must say, it's not the most exciting wizard mode ever.

Your game is set up too easy for your skill level. This is always critical in any pinball machine. The game needs to be set up so getting the wizard mode is outside of your normal play level. If you get to it a few times in a couple of days, it’s wrong and the game will get old quickly.

#9079 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Also wondering how difficult or long it takes to install something like that?...

It's a few hours job easy, but it's gonna really depend on how the EL wire was done. To do it right you need to take off both ramps, drill them, and then run the fiber optic with zip ties. Then reinstall the ramps and do the actual light block setup.

If they're drilled already for the EL wire, and drilled properly mind you, with all the spots you need, you'll still need to take things apart, but it will save a little drilling time, and the stress of doing it right, heh.

This is why in that thread about mods adding value or not I listed Tron as an example. The lighted ramps aren't only a must have imo, the game looks broken without them to my eyes, but the install is stress and work, having it done already is a big plus.

#9080 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's a few hours job easy, but it's gonna really depend on how the EL wire was done. To do it right you need to take off both ramps, drill them, and then run the fiber optic with zip ties. Then reinstall the ramps and do the actual light block setup.
If they're drilled already for the EL wire, and drilled properly mind you, with all the spots you need, you'll still need to take things apart, but it will save a little drilling time, and the stress of doing it right, heh.
This is why in that thread about mods adding value or not I listed Tron as an example. The lighted ramps aren't only a must have imo, the game looks broken without them to my eyes, but the install is stress and work, having it done already is a big plus.

Thank you for the input. I haven't done anything like that before. Someone else obviously did. Just a bit baffled why they would do it with El wiring instead of the significantly better and interactive, light changing ramp mods.

Again, does anyone know if either of the interactive ramp mods are still being made and sold?

#9081 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thank you for the input. I haven't done anything like that before. Someone else obviously did. Just a bit baffled why they would do it with El wiring instead of the significantly better and interactive, light changing ramp mods.
Again, does anyone know if either of the interactive ramp mods are still being made and sold?

Some people did the EL thing before the ramp kits were available (which was a long time). And a few did it after because it was so much less expensive.

Write to pinbits (http://www.pinbits.com) and ask then if they are ever going to make them again. That was where I bought mine. Maybe there is enough demand to do a run. But they would know.

#9082 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Some people did the EL thing before the ramp kits were available (which was a long time). And a few did it after because it was so much less expensive.
Write to pinbits (http://www.pinbits.com) and ask then if they are ever going to make them again. That was where I bought mine. Maybe there is enough demand to do a run. But they would know.

Thank you. I've sent them an email. Do you remember how much the kits were previously? Trying to figure this out to determine if I should use it in negotiation.

#9083 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thank you. I've sent them an email. Do you remember how much the kits were previously? Trying to figure this out to determine if I should use it in negotiation.

$400ish iirc?

#9084 4 years ago

Ok, thanks. Hopefully the Total Light Show kit is still available. Pretty sure the Eli ramp mod is long gone.

I know this may not he a popular sentiment amongst current owners but sure wish Stern would just make a VE with factory light ramps.

#9085 4 years ago

I'm ok if Stern makes a VE, won't effect me. If Stern was able to do a Spike system upgrade to full movie clips I'd probably upgrade to that.

#9086 4 years ago

I do not think a VE will do Tron justice. Upgrading to the current form LCD would be a miss for me. It is just to small for Tron. If you go lcd go the JJP way. That brings the content to live. If I look at the hobbit, POTC and even Wonka....the lcd from JJP just nails it. So I would rather see that 27” lcd project and put that in any premium or LE than get a VE with or without LCD. And remind all, these VE’s won’t be cheap......

#9087 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I do not think a VE will do Tron justice. Upgrading to the current form LCD would be a miss for me. It is just to small for Tron. If you go lcd go the JJP way. That brings the content to live. If I look at the hobbit, POTC and even Wonka....the lcd from JJP just nails it. So I would rather see that 27” lcd project and put that in any premium or LE than get a VE with or without LCD. And remind all, these VE’s won’t be cheap......

If they did a VE, I doubt it would have any LCD. I'm sure it would have the lighted ramps and most if not all of the original LE features. What would be interesting is if they put in some of the best mods like the better lighted cycles and arcade mod.

With that stuff, even without the lcd, they would probably sell a fair number at Premium, 7k type pricing. Modded Pros with a lot of that stuff go for 6-6.6k now.

#9088 4 years ago

I just don't see Stern running old DMD games again. In this new market they'll look too dated. And updating for LCD, while certainly possible, seems like more work than a quick "let's run a few hundred of these again" vault is worth.

I think Tron is done. I could certainly be wrong, but on the face of it I don't see it making sense.

#9089 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just don't see Stern running old DMD games again. In this new market they'll look too dated. And updating for LCD, while certainly possible, seems like more work than a quick "let's run a few hundred of these again" vault is worth.
I think Tron is done. I could certainly be wrong, but on the face of it I don't see it making sense.

Stern has been making GOT and ST with red DMD displays of late.

but I agree something all new remake (like BM66) would sell more than a red DMD game.

#9090 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I have EL wiring that I did myself, before the fancier option was available. I also have an LE. While I prefer the LE, I can't say it's that big a deal. My Pro has blue & orange static EL wiring and it works just fine.

#9092 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Stern has been making GOT and ST with red DMD displays of late.
but I agree something all new remake (like BM66) would sell more than a red DMD game.

Those are more like games that never truly stopped being made, but I dunno, who can say. Not me. I don't lie awake worrying about Tron VE, what will be will be, if I sell or don't before or after it's just a game.

#9093 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have EL wiring that I did myself, before the fancier option was available. I also have an LE. While I prefer the LE, I can't say it's that big a deal. My Pro has blue & orange static EL wiring and it works just fine.

That is what this one has as well. Is the brightness adjustable on your El wires? It looked a bit dim on tge one I looked at but the owner didnt know if there was any wayvto adjust the brightness setting.

#9094 4 years ago

I looked at that. Kind of cool but not exactly the same effect as the Eli ramp mod which I prefer on Tron.

#9095 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

That is what this one has as well. Is the brightness adjustable on your El wires? It looked a bit dim on tge one I looked at but the owner didnt know if there was any wayvto adjust the brightness setting.

As far as I know, the brightness isn't adjustable. IIRC, the wires dim over time (based on usage). Mine are still very bright.

#9096 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Your game is set up too easy for your skill level. This is always critical in any pinball machine. The game needs to be set up so getting the wizard mode is outside of your normal play level. If you get to it a few times in a couple of days, it’s wrong and the game will get old quickly.

It was a blip, I haven't managed to get to Portal in my last few sessions. I only have one machine at a time and I do find that you eventually get to know how everything reacts and it gets too easy. I think that's the time to move on, rather that continually bumping up the difficulty level.

#9097 4 years ago

Quick game before leaving for work this morning. Everything but light cycle and disc complete prior to going into SoS. Finished Disc really quickly and only had two shots left on light cycle. My slings are fairly sensitive and outlanes wide open. Sling, sling, left outlane before i could nudge. The agony!!! Closest I’ve ever come. New GC at approx 95mil.

#9098 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Quick game before leaving for work this morning. Everything but light cycle and disc complete prior to going into SoS. Finished Disc really quickly and only had two shots left on light cycle. My slings are fairly sensitive and outlanes wide open. Sling, sling, left outlane before i could nudge. The agony!!! Closest I’ve ever come. New GC at approx 95mil.

Better than I’ve ever done.

#9099 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I missed the right ramp shot about 5 times last night and failed to complete light cycle multiball
I'm still not entirely sure what is required to complete it, I only know that left ramp, Quora, right ramp will do the job.

#9100 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I missed the right ramp shot about 5 times last night and failed to complete light cycle multiball
I'm still not entirely sure what is required to complete it, I only know that left ramp, Quora, right ramp will do the job.

i think it's hitting 3 lit shots in rapid succession, or before the Lightcycle inserts reset again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/182?hl=vulcan903 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.