tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 233.
#8901 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So, my right flipper just stopped working in my Tron. I did a coil test and nothing registers. I checked the fuses in the backbox and they are all good. Any ideas what I could be missing? Thank you.

I just had the same thing happen to my flipper on my TAF, check all of your wiring and your connectors and the pins on the board, reflow solder connections for the pins and the backs of the fuse holders. For some crazy reason I wasn’t getting power to the flipper with a solid connection, this fixed my issue after tracing wires for a week

#8902 5 years ago

Thank you!!

#8903 5 years ago

Stern Sam's have a flipper transistor that is underpowered, mine blew on the hold side when I was holding balls in multiball, could be your issue, check fuses, see this..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-right-then-later-left-flipper-transistor-short

#8904 5 years ago

I have my modded to the gills huo Tron pro listed in the marketplace for trade!

#8905 5 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I have my modded to the gills huo Tron pro listed in the marketplace for trade!

pm sent

#8906 5 years ago

Hi all, just did diagnostics on my Tron. Came up with D22 EOS right flipper. When I looked I notice its missing a leaf as the left hand has 3 contacts, the right has two. Is this the issue?

Also got check switch #22 through jam. Can some kind folk tell me where this is please!

20190421_125801 (resized).jpg20190421_125801 (resized).jpg
#8907 5 years ago

I will be listing my max modded HUO Tron pro soon. I’m on vacation now so can’t get an pictures but it’s got about every mod there is including chrome armor. I’m guessing $3000 worth of mods.

PM for details

#8908 5 years ago

Just joined the club again..... This time LE
Always wanted one - prob the most special le offered by Stern. Will probably do a remixed soundtrack like my previous pro. Great game.

#8909 5 years ago
Quoted from vulcan903:

Hi all, just did diagnostics on my Tron. Came up with D22 EOS right flipper. When I looked I notice its missing a leaf as the left hand has 3 contacts, the right has two. Is this the issue?
Also got check switch #22 through jam. Can some kind folk tell me where this is please!
[quoted image]

Yes, that is most definitely an issue.

#8910 5 years ago
Quoted from vulcan903:

[quoted image]

There's a little board near the trough, the connector has probably come loose.

#8911 5 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

I would like to know this as well. V/R

I went the DIY route and I finished installing the pinduino, LED strips, etc last night, I was very happy:

Unfortunately, I fired the game up this morning and the mod was dead. I'm not sure why yet but it has been said in the pinduino thread that the arduino (clone) can blow.

Update: I re-uploaded the sketch into the arduino (clone) and it's working again.

#8912 5 years ago

Jimmyhonda it is most likely your transistor associated with the flipper. Do some research to figure out how to test it. It's a somewhat common thing to go wrong with SAM games like Tron. Easy to fix for someone who can solder. $3 in parts.

#8913 4 years ago

Ok....I know this has been covered before, but the spinning disk isnt spitting the balls out very fast. Did i miss out by not ordering rhe clear disk?

#8914 4 years ago

can someone remind me when the shaker goes off in this game? Need to check mine - thanks

#8915 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

can someone remind me when the shaker goes off in this game? Need to check mine - thanks

Definitely in the Test menu!

But seriously, I know it fires off when you get an End of Line jackpot at the scoop, and also when you get to Sea of Simulation. Probably a whole list of other examples I can’t think of right now though.

#8916 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Definitely in the Test menu!
But seriously, I know it fires off when you get an End of Line jackpot at the scoop, and also when you get to Sea of Simulation. Probably a whole list of other examples I can’t think of right now though.

good call with the test menu - forgot that was in there. thanks

#8917 4 years ago

Goes off with disc war multiball jackpots too. But yeah, test menu is easiest

#8918 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Goes off with disc war multiball jackpots too. But yeah, test menu is easiest

Thanks guys. As expected it wasn't working but I fixed it. I also installed the clear disc rubber finally from Europe.... Wow. Big difference and so far not too top crazy but crazy enough.

#8919 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks guys. As expected it wasn't working but I fixed it. I also installed the clear disc rubber finally from Europe.... Wow. Big difference and so far not too top crazy but crazy enough.

Damn, you're making me want to install mine. I've had it for months but too scared to use it. My OEM black disc, which I cleaned not that long ago, is alright but nothing special really and it leaves crud on the balls which in turn deposit it around the playfield particularly the loop around the back which isn't easy to clean without taking off the ramps.

Did you just peel off the black disc and apply with the adhesive that it comes with?

#8920 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I've had it for months but too scared to use it.

I'm more scared that my one is wearing out, I'll then have a slow do nothing spinning disk until i get one shipped from the other side of the planet. :\

#8921 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

There's a little board near the trough, the connector has probably come loose.

Yep, found thanks. It's the small circuit boards with the infra red LEDs. One board visually looked damaged so replaced it. Also the switch by the shooter rod was damaged so replaced that. Looks like the playfield had been played direct on the cab as my Tron does not have the rails underneath to protect it.

#8922 4 years ago
Quoted from vulcan903:

Looks like the playfield had been played direct on the cab as my Tron does not have the rails underneath to protect it.

Tron is my first Stern and I did what a lot of new Stern owners seem to do and pulled the playfield off the end of the rail and dropped it into the cab. Fortunately, everything seems to be working still.

#8923 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Tron is my first Stern and I did what a lot of new Stern owners seem to do and pulled the playfield off the end of the rail and dropped it into the cab. Fortunately, everything seems to be working still.

Welcome to the club.

(The pulling the playfield off the rails club, thinking the resistance you feel is like a B/W pin at the lock position. Terrible design by Stern)

#8924 4 years ago
Quoted from vulcan903:

Yep, found thanks. It's the small circuit boards with the infra red LEDs. One board visually looked damaged so replaced it. Also the switch by the shooter rod was damaged so replaced that. Looks like the playfield had been played direct on the cab as my Tron does not have the rails underneath to protect it.

Quoted from insx:

Quoted from Durzel:

Welcome to the club.
(The pulling the playfield off the rails club, thinking the resistance you feel is like a B/W pin at the lock position. Terrible design by Stern)

First thing I did to my TRON when I got it last year was install the full support slide rails.....can't stand those posts Stern used for several years!!!

#8925 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Ok....I know this has been covered before, but the spinning disk isnt spitting the balls out very fast. Did i miss out by not ordering rhe clear disk?

The clear disc is pretty cool but it can be a bit to much for some so hard to say you are missing out. If you liked how your original disc was and now it's just not cutting it anymore, just get a new one from pinball life and be back in business.

#8926 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The clear disc is pretty cool but it can be a bit to much for some so hard to say you are missing out. If you liked how your original disc was and now it's just not cutting it anymore, just get a new one from pinball life and be back in business.

Thank you...I will do that today

#8927 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

First thing I did to my TRON when I got it last year was install the full support slide rails.....can't stand those posts Stern used for several years!!!

Full support slide rails? What's that?

#8929 4 years ago

Sigh. After more than 7 years, my tasty Tron is under agreement to leave my house. It's a strange feeling. Tron was my first NIB game. And I swore it would never be sold. I need space, but I didn't HAVE to sell it. But after this many years, and this many games played on it, it was time. I'll be sad when it goes out the door. All the swearing and anger at failing to finish Light Cycle multiball. The joy at the code change that let me restart disc multiball so I could finally finish it. All the games I only needed to start Gem for SOS... and couldn't. The uncountable times I couldn't hit the right orbit to finish CLU and then the timer ran out as I switched to the lanes. The amazing difference when I added Eli's ramp lights. The hours perfecting my LED scheme. It's been 7 years of joy to own it. Fortunately the person buying it is a friend of mine, so I will be able to visit it.

As I leave this club, I'd like to thank you all for the fun and joys of sharing a great game.

#8930 4 years ago

Wow Dave, sad to hear but we all have to step off the grid at some point. We bought our Trons about the same time and it was also my first nib. I relate to your story so much. It has been fun creating a unique Tron. Tweaking all the lights to get them just the way I like it. Adding Eli's awesome kit. Blue X-Pin. The challenges of gameplay. Arrrghh so close so many times. Yep. Been there and still doing it. Tron remains my favorite game and I think I am going to stay out here on the grid a while longer. Catch you later program.

#8931 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Sigh. After more than 7 years, my tasty Tron is under agreement to leave my house. It's a strange feeling. Tron was my first NIB game. And I swore it would never be sold. I need space, but I didn't HAVE to sell it. But after this many years, and this many games played on it, it was time. I'll be sad when it goes out the door. All the swearing and anger at failing to finish Light Cycle multiball. The joy at the code change that let me restart disc multiball so I could finally finish it. All the games I only needed to start Gem for SOS... and couldn't. The uncountable times I couldn't hit the right orbit to finish CLU and then the timer ran out as I switched to the lanes. The amazing difference when I added Eli's ramp lights. The hours perfecting my LED scheme. It's been 7 years of joy to own it. Fortunately the person buying it is a friend of mine, so I will be able to visit it.
As I leave this club, I'd like to thank you all for the fun and joys of sharing a great game.

That should be one hell of a replacement machine to fill those shoes. I do not understand with 23 games in your collection, there was no single one less than Tron. Such a unique machine....luckily these machines are not unobtainable. They do show up. But still what will replace Gemm and Quora?

#8932 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

That should be one hell of a replacement machine to fill those shoes. I do not understand with 23 games in your collection, there was no single one less than Tron. Such a unique machine....luckily these machines are not unobtainable. They do show up. But still what will replace Gemm and Quora?

Of course I have “lesser” games than Tron in my collection. And games that have been here longer. Honestly I wasn’t playing it that much anymore. And importantly, the guy that is going to be the new owner was at my house Saturday as I hosted league. He has played my Tron many times over the years, but this was his first time seeing it since we came to the agreement. And his reaction was to giggle like a school girl. THAT is the kind of reaction Tron should always receive.

Oh, and to your question, I just got an AFM. That was the replacement. I’ve wanted one for a LONG time. The fact that one is already in my game room makes me giggle like a school girl, which happens to also be the correct reaction for AFM too.

#8933 4 years ago

I had PinballMIX remix the music in the sound package for me. It has brought new life to an already awesome sound track. I’ve been playing Tron much more these days and find myself getting mad at my poor skill and pushing myself to get better all over again.

#8934 4 years ago

I just swapped my Tron for a nicer one that has clear disc. Am noticing light bleed into the inserts around Quorra lane. Is that normal or something that can be done to solve that issue?

#8935 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I had pinballmix remix the music in the sound package for me. It has brought new life to an already awesome sound track. I’ve been playing Tron much more these days and find myself getting mad at my poor skill and pushing myself to get better all over again.

Can you explain how this works? I was looking to obtain the current LE mixes out there but never heard of this

#8936 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just swapped my Tron for a nicer one that has clear disc. Am noticing light bleed into the inserts around Quorra lane. Is that normal or something that can be done to solve that issue?

If it’s still a Pro (as listed in your collection), it’s most likely the fiber optics for the light tubes. The tubes come down the ramp and then go under the playfield. They then go into aluminum blocks that contain the LEDs. If the tubes are not covered, they leak light which shine through the inserts.

The fix is pretty easy. The optic goes into the block and is held there snug with a plastic set screw. You will loosen that with an Allen wrench and pull the fiber optic out of the block. Then you will cover the optic from the block to the bottom of the playfield with shrink tube (that you will NOT shrink). Then put the optic back into the block. And now “Hey, this part is IMPORTANT!” You tighten it until it is snug, and that’s it. Once it is gripped and held in, you’re done. Don’t crush the fiber optic in there.

Then just do the other 3 of them. It’s a pretty quick fix. Let me know if you need pictures of it.

#8937 4 years ago

Light bleed from spinning disc not ramp lights. Spinning disc has some lights underneath.

#8938 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Wait, what!!!! well, I wish you the best off the grid....actually played mine tonight after ignoring it for a while with other "bright shineys" that I've acquired since....the game still blows me away, and I was cursing it all night. Dred the day that I might make a decision like you did...for now, it's place is still very solid in my lineup....best...mark

#8939 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I installed the clear disc rubber on both my TRON's and lubricated the motors (now whisper quiet.

It looks awesome and the ball movement/spin is 5-10x more dramatic. I've had balls go through GEM, Quorra...it's just sick.

Highly recommend....

#8940 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I installed the clear disc rubber on both my TRON's and lubricated the motors (now whisper quiet.
It looks awesome and the ball movement/spin is 5-10x more dramatic. I've had balls go through GEM, Quorra...it's just sick.
Highly recommend....

I still haven't installed either of my other disc rubbers and have the standard one from factory. I frequently have the ball go up through the gem shot or quorra when it shoots out from the disc. Because of this I haven't bothered to install a clear one yet.

#8941 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I still haven't installed either of my other disc rubbers and have the standard one from factory. I frequently have the ball go up through the gem shot or quorra when it shoots out from the disc. Because of this I haven't bothered to install a clear one yet.

Same. Saving it for a rainy day in the future.

#8942 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Same. Saving it for a rainy day in the future.

True, but it’s not just about the speed and spin: the black disc rubber introduces a lot of black dirt into the pin. Removing all black rubber from a pin really helps keep down the dirt and ball trails, which can be a pain to clean under all the ramps.

#8943 4 years ago

I wish there was a halfway house between the clear and black. I don't want to trash my Tron LE with supersonic balls or even just wear the playfield down with insane spin, but I would like to do away with the black crap around the orbits...

74523D42-985D-4F8A-B1CD-C14E877893A4 (resized).jpeg74523D42-985D-4F8A-B1CD-C14E877893A4 (resized).jpeg

#8944 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

True, but it’s not just about the speed and spin: the black disc rubber introduces a lot of black dirt into the pin. Removing all black rubber from a pin really helps keep down the dirt and ball trails, which can be a pain to clean under all the ramps.

Playfield protector and a really clean disc help immensely!

#8945 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I wish there was a halfway house between the clear and black. I don't want to trash my Tron LE with supersonic balls or even just wear the playfield down with insane spin, but I would like to do away with the black crap around the orbits...
[quoted image]

Black crap around orbits is a prerequisite of nearly any game. Just TRON seems to be a little worse than others.

#8946 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

[quoted image]

My games haven't suffered any ill effects of the "supersonic balls" Getting rid of the black marks is a huge benefit. Don't resist! You will love it.

#8947 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My games haven't suffered any ill effects of the "supersonic balls" Getting rid of the black marks is a huge benefit. Don't resist! You will love it.

Yeah I haven't had any of these omg something is going to break moments. Just very good diversity in where the ball is thrown and it makes the disc shot actually exciting. Glad I bought two.

#8948 4 years ago

What is the best way to clean the disc?

#8949 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

What is the best way to clean the disc?

I don't know if it's the best way but I read somewhere that you should wipe it over with IPA.

#8950 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I don't know if it's the best way but I read somewhere that you should wipe it over with IPA.

That's what i did. Surprised at how much crap came off it too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/179?hl=aukraut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.