IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 233.
#8801 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Last ones I got were from marcos I think. They should have plenty. Easy to find. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/42-0517-02

Thanks. Marcos shipping is stupidly expensive for us on the other size of the planet :/ Ended up looking up the part # directly via suzohapp. Emailed them and turns out that I drive past their AUS office twice a day! They do a once a month shipment from the US so I can get them for just $3.60usd.

#8802 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Ditch the big sling spot lights and replace with under plastic slingspots. It really opens up the lower pf.
What’s below your recogniser? (Purple/pink in your pic)
[quoted image]
Does anyone know if the ramps fibre optics can be disconnected underneath and remain zip tied to the ramps? I want to replace my ramp flaps but don’t really want to remove the lights if it can be helped.
if I don’t have to.

Yes, you can remove the ramps completely without touching the zip ties for the fibre optics. Depending on how far you want to pull the ramps out of the game you might not even need to disconnect the flashlamps & switches.

#8803 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Ditch the big sling spot lights and replace with under plastic slingspots. It really opens up the lower pf.
What’s below your recogniser? (Purple/pink in your pic)
[quoted image]
Does anyone know if the ramps fibre optics can be disconnected underneath and remain zip tied to the ramps? I want to replace my ramp flaps but don’t really want to remove the lights if it can be helped.
if I don’t have to.

Never heard of those before. I'm interested lol. Where can I see those? Also that thing under my recognizer was part of the pin bits acrylic set.

#8804 5 years ago

I got my email saying my new tubes are on there way!! Not going to lie though I'm nervous on the installation. Specifically how to get the tubes in the playfield and let the ramp down so it doesn't bend the tubes at the playfield. Any words of advice here?

#8805 5 years ago

The tubes will bend and they are designed to. My advice, don't stress about that part.

Now, only real advice. Get some heat shrink tube that is just slightly larger than you tube. Cover the tube that is under the PF with the heat shrink tube to block off the light under the PF. Prevents light bleed in some of the inserts.

#8806 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Never heard of those before. I'm interested lol. Where can I see those? Also that thing under my recognizer was part of the pin bits acrylic set.

TimeBandit creates them (I’m not affiliated just think they’re cool). They are normally
available via redshiftled.com.au (currently closed from the holidays)

#8807 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The tubes will bend and they are designed to. My advice, don't stress about that part.
Now, only real advice. Get some heat shrink tube that is just slightly larger than you tube. Cover the tube that is under the PF with the heat shrink tube to block off the light under the PF. Prevents light bleed in some of the inserts.

Mine got a little beat up with some kinks around those spots but when I looked back on the installation photos that someone did on here to help with the installation I think they may have put the zip ties too close to the holes on the ramp as he does warn that could cause issues trying to get them in there. I also think I did my part in it by clamping the end of it on a bit too hard which may have caused some issues. It's unfortunately how I learn though.

#8808 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:Ok guys new lights are in and all the chrome pieces installed. Thanks everyone for your help. Now just a colored dmd, redo the tubes, maybe a couple external lighting ideas.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

All chrome armor looks fantastic! Nice attention to detail having the coin door chromed as well!

#8809 5 years ago

After two months of stuffing around I finally fixed the issue I was having with balls not exiting the shooter lane at speed. It was getting so bad I’d have to manually launch balls during multi ball.

I removed the entire mech and all shooter lane parts and swapped them onto my xmen.

Xmen still launched perfectly. :/ weird.

I then did some high speed recording on my phone and compared the ball launch in tron to xmen. I could see the ball slightly wiggle as it started up the lane. When I looked closer I could see a small dent in the lane cliffy. I had mistakenly thought this dent was caused by the ball being put into the lane. But the video showed otherwise.

In the last few frames you can see it move to the side.

It was just enough of a deflection to the left the all the power went into sending the ball sideways enough to rattle it in the lane.

What a difference a fully working machine makes.

Second game after fixing this I finally got to portal, end of the line multi ball and finally got rid of the previous owners grand champion after 16 months!

2BFAC4E6-15B8-4F5A-86F0-5BEB16AD45AA (resized).jpeg2BFAC4E6-15B8-4F5A-86F0-5BEB16AD45AA (resized).jpeg

So time to sell ..... not

1 week later
#8810 5 years ago

Joined the club! Picked her up from a a really great guy who sold his first machine ever out of his collection. What a sound package!

15505398728691927441300 (resized).jpg15505398728691927441300 (resized).jpg
#8811 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

Joined the club! Picked her up from a a really great guy who sold his first machine ever out of his collection. What a sound package!
[quoted image]

Congrats! You won’t be disappointed!

#8812 5 years ago

So went to look why my disc wasn't spinning and found this. The ceramic guy there seems to be either after market or after thought. I know I'm going to have to recrimp this but I was wondering:

Is the ceramic needed?
If so would it be more effective to solder the wires to the ceramic guy and then crimp?

2019-02-19-13-17-20 (resized).jpg2019-02-19-13-17-20 (resized).jpg
#8813 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

So went to look why my disc wasn't spinning and found this. The ceramic guy there seems to be either after market or after thought. I know I'm going to have to recrimp this but I was wondering:
Is the ceramic needed?
If so would it be more effective to solder the wires to the ceramic guy and then crimp?[quoted image]

Basically if you can't see it too well in the picture the top circled is the wire that popped out where the other white circle is.

#8814 5 years ago

That looks like a fuse if what I'm seeing is correct.

But to answer the question. The ceramic resistors for the spinning disc are needed. If you bypass them it will spin to max RPM which could damage some things. Some of us, especially with the clear disc, are adding more resistors inline to slow it down even more.

#8815 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Got it. Had to Dremel the screw but not satisfied with the brightness of these coin rejects. Any ways to fix that?
[quoted image]

I just installed my new blue ones (didn’t realise there was another yellow part next to it!) and found the same issue.

The blue, especially the middle is super dark.

I fixed it with extra matrix leds I had spare

Left side extras vs right side default
CC0E292B-9228-4410-AEC2-8E6C364FBE5E (resized).jpegCC0E292B-9228-4410-AEC2-8E6C364FBE5E (resized).jpeg

both extras
381F7B00-7D00-4624-99EC-6061A5CB37E1 (resized).jpeg381F7B00-7D00-4624-99EC-6061A5CB37E1 (resized).jpeg

extra bonus. Pressing makes them light up more.

CBB43F71-4D00-49D6-B683-5B797A76B254 (resized).jpegCBB43F71-4D00-49D6-B683-5B797A76B254 (resized).jpeg
5B33264C-DEA4-4886-9DAC-5620135769DC (resized).jpeg5B33264C-DEA4-4886-9DAC-5620135769DC (resized).jpeg

leds from the back. Just wrapped them around the button, not stuck to anything and they sit in there fine.

6E3790CE-9B4D-4F64-9F54-3A63C1A5B778 (resized).jpeg6E3790CE-9B4D-4F64-9F54-3A63C1A5B778 (resized).jpeg

leds that I used. I had a box of comet matrix stuff I had totally forgotten about!

54555FD1-6928-4381-8387-170B5EF89239 (resized).jpeg54555FD1-6928-4381-8387-170B5EF89239 (resized).jpeg
2F178130-EB62-43F8-92A4-1CBD9C0605B1 (resized).jpeg2F178130-EB62-43F8-92A4-1CBD9C0605B1 (resized).jpegAC3E9DEF-0208-4D79-AE39-72C08ADFAF83 (resized).jpegAC3E9DEF-0208-4D79-AE39-72C08ADFAF83 (resized).jpeg

#8816 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I just installed my new blue ones (didn’t realise there was another yellow part next to it!) and found the same issue.
The blue, especially the middle is super dark.
I fixed it with extra matrix leds I had spare

Yeah, the blue Happ's area really dark. I like your solution... will have to try that.
And yes, I never found a color matching coin-sizing plastic. I ended up removing the yellow's and spaying them completely black and re-installing.

#8817 5 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Yeah, the blue Happ's area really dark. I like your solution... will have to try that.
And yes, I never found a color matching coin-sizing plastic. I ended up removing the yellow's and spaying them completely black and re-installing.

I don’t mind the contrast as it matches my machines half yellow half blue setup.

1 week later
#8818 5 years ago

Programs: PinballMix has created a custom Tron sound package remix for me and we'll be streaming it tonight on Twitch! There's some hidden gems in there that I think you guys will dig. We'll be live at 8 p.m. Eastern if you wanna check it out: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

End of line.

tronremix (resized).jpgtronremix (resized).jpg
#8819 5 years ago

Will that remix be available in Pro and LE?

#8820 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Will that remix be available in Pro and LE?

PinballMix remixes can't be distributed (they're only personally licensed to the person who orders it). But he'll do a custom mix for you if you want one!

Here's the vid from last night:

#8821 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

PinballMix remixes can't be distributed (they're only personally licensed to the person who orders it). But he'll do a custom mix for you if you want one!
Here's the vid from last night:

Wow! I love it, message sent to pinballmix

#8822 5 years ago

PinballMix remixes can't be distributed (they're only personally licensed to the person who orders it).

so does that mean they're licensing the music that is included?

#8823 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

so does that mean they're licensing the music that is included?

You send them the music you want included and sign a waiver saying you own it.

#8824 5 years ago

You send them the music you want included and sign a waiver saying you own it.

well, i don't want to be that guy but ... that's a contradiction isn't it?

"You send them the music you want included and sign a waiver saying you own it."
and
"PinballMix remixes can't be distributed (they're only personally licensed to the person who orders it)."

So if I did own it then I could choose what I wanted to do with it. In this scenario i'm the IP holder remember and i've contracted someone to make a mix of my work. Its all a moot point as we all know the actual IP owners wouldn't allow it in the first place (unless your John Regan in which case I apologise).

So that would make these more fan/bootleg remixes as long as money isn't changing hands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remix#Copyright_implications

Perhaps it could be passed off as samples? maybe too long though.

http://www.musicrights.com.au/fact-sheets/samplingmusic/

I'm all for fan's replacing music in their pins but what that guy is offering is legally dubious.

#8825 5 years ago

I guarantee no one is sending royalty free generic music to these guys to mix in, so asking people to indemnify them against copyright action seems a bit hollow?

Who isn't going to be sending Daft Punk music/remixes to them for this game?

#8826 5 years ago

I've recently acquired one of DKpinballs Flynn signs, but it didn't come with any instructions to fit it. Does anyone have a copy of them? Thanks.

#8827 5 years ago

Anyone? The wires that come with it are very long which makes me think it routes to the back of the playfield (or the backbox?). The mod has a long cable with a 2 pin connector on the end, which plugs into a shorter adaptor that has a 4 pin (or maybe 3) female connector. The mod doesn't have croc clips so I don't know how it is supposed to connect to GI, assuming it is supposed to?

If anyone already has one installed and can show photos of the bottom of their playfield, or better still a PDF/scan of the original instructions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

#8828 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

well, i don't want to be that guy but ... that's a contradiction isn't it?
"You send them the music you want included and sign a waiver saying you own it."
and
"PinballMix remixes can't be distributed (they're only personally licensed to the person who orders it)."
So if I did own it then I could choose what I wanted to do with it. In this scenario i'm the IP holder remember and i've contracted someone to make a mix of my work. Its all a moot point as we all know the actual IP owners wouldn't allow it in the first place (unless your John Regan in which case I apologise).
So that would make these more fan/bootleg remixes as long as money isn't changing hands.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remix#Copyright_implications
Perhaps it could be passed off as samples? maybe too long though.
http://www.musicrights.com.au/fact-sheets/samplingmusic/
I'm all for fan's replacing music in their pins but what that guy is offering is legally dubious.

What's happening here is you are buying music (on your own, not related to your pinball machine). Once you buy it, you have "fair use" control over it. One of those uses would be to have your pinball machine play it for you. What you are doing is paying pinballremix to put it in the proper format for the machine to play it for you. It's like paying someone to rip your CD into an MP3 so you can play it on your MP3 player. They didn't sell you music, they just reformatted it.

Technically, they *can* sell what they did for you to someone else, the someone else just needs to prove THEY also own the rights to that same music.

--Donnie

#8829 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I've recently acquired one of DKpinballs Flynn signs, but it didn't come with any instructions to fit it. Does anyone have a copy of them? Thanks.

I bought my game modded, I’m assuming your talking about the lit Flynn sign next to the Flynn scoop. I don’t have instructions, but I’ll pop the hood on my game this evening and post pics that show how it’s wired.

#8830 5 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I bought my game modded, I’m assuming your talking about the lit Flynn sign next to the Flynn scoop. I don’t have instructions, but I’ll pop the hood on my game this evening and post pics that show how it’s wired.

Yes that's right. The one that sits on the plastic to the right of the arcade cabinet.

Thanks!

#8831 5 years ago

Mine is wired through to the right side into the board along with several of the other mods in the bottom cabinet. I’m not sure whether this little board is factory or not. Someone feel free to chime in if they know more about this set up. I hope the pics help.

B05C0FD3-F695-4ECF-A1F5-B08472043209 (resized).jpegB05C0FD3-F695-4ECF-A1F5-B08472043209 (resized).jpegB3B73EE5-4570-44B2-A735-A8A4CD314FB7 (resized).jpegB3B73EE5-4570-44B2-A735-A8A4CD314FB7 (resized).jpegC66CC910-EBBA-4A53-A546-EB5D7914D34A (resized).jpegC66CC910-EBBA-4A53-A546-EB5D7914D34A (resized).jpegD72DF67D-B638-45CB-984B-26979EEAF6BF (resized).jpegD72DF67D-B638-45CB-984B-26979EEAF6BF (resized).jpeg
#8832 5 years ago

Thanks very much. That helps a great deal. And no that board isn't factory. Nice to have though!

#8833 5 years ago

I just watched a sick virtual pinball demo that had scenes of the film on the back box that changed with each mode. Has anyone done a real world mod of this?!

#8834 5 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

What's happening here is you are buying music (on your own, not related to your pinball machine). Once you buy it, you have "fair use" control over it. One of those uses would be to have your pinball machine play it for you. What you are doing is paying pinballremix to put it in the proper format for the machine to play it for you. It's like paying someone to rip your CD into an MP3 so you can play it on your MP3 player. They didn't sell you music, they just reformatted it.
Technically, they *can* sell what they did for you to someone else, the someone else just needs to prove THEY also own the rights to that same music.
--Donnie

Excellent plausible explanation! Thanks

#8835 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I just watched a sick virtual pinball demo that had scenes of the film on the back box that changed with each mode. Has anyone done a real world mod of this?!

Yessir

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-legacy-play-field-lcd-mod

#8837 5 years ago

That was by far one of the coolest mods I have ever seen, but not cheap and easy and for sure not plug and play. I know I had contact about the code running that but even the lettertypes you needed to get yourself. Also the LCD monitor and hardware (including the altered translite) are not cheap.

#8838 5 years ago

After getting my Tron out of storage for over 6 months, the game plays great but some of the leds seem to random flicker. Not all, just the specials, Flynn’s arcade and sometimes the shoot again. I already checked all connectors in the backbox. Any idea’s? This is an LE.

#8839 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

After getting my Tron out of storage for over 6 months, the game plays great but some of the leds seem to random flicker. Not all, just the specials, Flynn’s arcade and sometimes the shoot again. I already checked all connectors in the backbox. Any idea’s? This is an LE.

hi,

i had the same issue. i did a dip switch reset (changed to another country code) and all was fine.

in the end i switched back to my country setting.

#8840 5 years ago

Thanks will try that.

#8841 5 years ago

Thunder Dog challenges Lightning Kitty for the long-standing Tron thread title crown.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

(I'm bored - might play Tron)

#8842 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Thunder Dog challenges Lightning Kitty for the long-standing Tron thread title crown.
[quoted image]
(I'm bored - might play Tron)

I suggest you start a new thread and see if it can lure the Lightning Kitty followers to the new thread. That's the only way we'll know who the true king is.

#8843 5 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

hi,
i had the same issue. i did a dip switch reset (changed to another country code) and all was fine.
in the end i switched back to my country setting.

How do you do a dip switch reset? I have the same random light flickering in some of my LEDs.

#8844 5 years ago

When I bought my Tron LE the two light cycles were (and still are) connected to the GI on the backboard using crocodile clips. I'm going to be fitting a power tap this weekend to power a Flynn sign, and probably some other mods too. I would like to rewire these cycles to connect using 3-pin Molex connectors to this power tap (which is connected to the aux power connection).

I assume these cycles should be wired for 5v instead of 12v? They seem to be reasonably bright already using whatever the GI voltage is..

#8845 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

How do you do a dip switch reset? I have the same random light flickering in some of my LEDs.

I think just change it to another country, start up the machine, switch it off and set it back to the setting you need. Start up the machine again.

#8846 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

When I bought my Tron LE the two light cycles were (and still are) connected to the GI on the backboard using crocodile clips. I'm going to be fitting a power tap this weekend to power a Flynn sign, and probably some other mods too. I would like to rewire these cycles to connect using 3-pin Molex connectors to this power tap (which is connected to the aux power connection).
I assume these cycles should be wired for 5v instead of 12v? They seem to be reasonably bright already using whatever the GI voltage is..

If they are the Hallmark cycles, they ideally want 4.5v DC. 5v is probably OK.

#8847 5 years ago

Getting back in the club. 2 questions

Anyone make the Herg board that syncs the leds on the topper, rampes etc?

Best place to buy light cycles?

Thx!

#8848 5 years ago
ED594774-99F0-44EB-BD31-1716D9F6F1EB (resized).jpegED594774-99F0-44EB-BD31-1716D9F6F1EB (resized).jpeg
#8849 5 years ago

selling my sweet huo original owner second run tron in Socal (92127)
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/76962

#8850 5 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

selling my sweet huo original owner second run tron in Socal (92127)
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/76962

Sell me the light cycles.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/177?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.