tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 233.
#8751 5 years ago

I have the Tron arcade mod in my game, what is the value of the original arcade game and does anybody have one for sale?

#8752 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Much better now. Mirror blades in tact. Just got to reinstall but I saw some other cool mirror blades that had some Tron stuff etched out. Wondering if that would look better.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you mean blade skins? I have them... And love them...

IMG_20190115_191947 (resized).jpgIMG_20190115_191947 (resized).jpgIMG_20190115_191957 (resized).jpgIMG_20190115_191957 (resized).jpg
#8753 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Do you mean blade skins? I have them... And love them...[quoted image][quoted image]

Those ones look nice! Do you have any playfield clearance issues when you raise it?

#8754 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Those ones look nice! Do you have any playfield clearance issues when you raise it?

If I installed them correctly the first time I wouldn't lol

The screws need to be absolutely perfect and flush. So maybe drilling some pilot holes forst could have helped. I did not do that, and the blade on one side bowed ever so slightly

They clear fine, just gotta be really careful when lifting

I have a set on my iron Man as well without any issue.

#8755 5 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I have the Tron arcade mod in my game, what is the value of the original arcade game and does anybody have one for sale?

I think they're going for 2 to 3k now.
Will never sell mine.

EDOT is allot rarer. Roughly 12k.

#8756 5 years ago

Lol for a moment I thought you meant the little arcade cabinet that comes with the Tron pin, that many replace with the interactive one.

#8757 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Do you mean blade skins? I have them... And love them...

Those are the ones sir. Was curious of those in comparison to the mirror blades.

BTW Marcos hooked me up with the ramp I needed but said it's the last one.

#8758 5 years ago

Yes, lol, I do mean the small arcade cabinet in the pinball machine. Mine came with one of the cool arcade mods but I’d also like to have the original just to have!

#8759 5 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Yes, lol, I do mean the small arcade cabinet in the pinball machine. Mine came with one of the cool arcade mods but I’d also like to have the original just to have!

Not sure I understand why though. Have you seen the original? It’s not great.

#8760 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Not sure I understand why though. Have you seen the original? It’s not great.

I have, I wouldn’t install it in my game, I’d just like to have an original!

#8761 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Those are the ones sir. Was curious of those in comparison to the mirror blades.
BTW Marcos hooked me up with the ramp I needed but said it's the last one.

Here's a better shot from before I installed them.

8a32b2457966ac46938d7fc2e8777ebe712da4c3 (resized).jpg8a32b2457966ac46938d7fc2e8777ebe712da4c3 (resized).jpg
#8762 5 years ago

So trying to take out my old coin reject buttons I have some screws that seem a size ratchet different than all the others. Somewhere between 5/32 and 3/16. Just find it odd one from each coin reject is a different size. If it's something with the screw does anyone have any tips on how to get it out?

#8763 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Here's a better shot from before I installed them.[quoted image]

These look nice but I think I might stick with the full mirror blades for now. They are sharp though.

#8764 5 years ago

I have the full mirror blades. I think the Tron ones are much more in tune with the game. I’ll be buying them sometime

#8765 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I have the full mirror blades. I think the Tron ones are much more in tune with the game. I’ll be buying them sometime

Only thing I'm worried about is how much light I will be losing with dropping my mirror blades out. I like how shiney it gets.

#8766 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Only thing I'm worried about is how much light I will be losing with dropping my mirror blades out. I like how shiney it gets.

It does get shiny! Very hard decision indeed

#8767 5 years ago

Anyone got a spare Tron Cliffy Scoop Protector they want to sell and ship to me in Sydney Australia?

I know these are available via some of the bigger pinball sellers, but their international shipping cost to send just one small Cliffy is insane!

#8768 5 years ago

Hmm look issue slightly different than I thought. Upon further inspection it appears the screw is in a bit more than the others. How would I get that bugger out. Can't grip it. In too far.

IMG_20190120_110543567 (resized).jpgIMG_20190120_110543567 (resized).jpg
#8769 5 years ago

Got it. Had to Dremel the screw but not satisfied with the brightness of these coin rejects. Any ways to fix that?

IMG_20190120_140805694 (resized).jpgIMG_20190120_140805694 (resized).jpg
#8770 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

I think they're going for 2 to 3k now.
Will never sell mine.
EDOT is allot rarer. Roughly 12k.

You can still occasionally find a Tron for $1200-1500 that's just a decent player. Tricked out restored ones are closer to $3k, though. And I've never seen an EDOT advertised for more than $10k, so I don't think any have sold for THAT much. I got mine not a year or so ago for $7k and I'm pretty sure if you're patient you can still find them for $8k or a little less.

--Donnie

#8771 5 years ago

Just installed a new, freshly oiled disk motor. Original worked fine, but was starting to make noise. Also finally upgraded from black to translucent disk rubber...the ball movement is scary! TRON LE is a masterpiece.

IMG_1209 (resized).jpegIMG_1209 (resized).jpeg
#8772 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just installed a new, freshly oiled disk motor. Original worked fine, but was starting to make noise. Also finally upgraded from black to translucent disk rubber...the ball movement is scary! TRON LE is a masterpiece.
[quoted image]

That disc is a game changer. I highly recommend the resistor trick when adding it. Still get the crazy spin and extra action but loses some of the "oh crap that's going to break stuff" feeling.

Quoted from Spyk:

Got it. Had to Dremel the screw but not satisfied with the brightness of these coin rejects. Any ways to fix that?
[quoted image]

Not sure you will get what you are after with those coin mechs. The problem is they aren't smooth and are grained so it will never look real shiny. In order to get that same look you will need to make them smooth and then plate them.

#8773 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That disc is a game changer. I highly recommend the resistor trick when adding it. Still get the crazy spin and extra action but loses some of the "oh crap that's going to break stuff" feeling.

Not sure you will get what you are after with those coin mechs. The problem is they aren't smooth and are grained so it will never look real shiny. In order to get that same look you will need to make them smooth and then plate them.

Shot in the dark but do you know anyone who makes that resistor as a plug and play product? I've had the clear disc boxed up for a while now, too scared to fit it after hearing how violent it is.

#8774 5 years ago

No, but you may reach out to Herg. He was the one that posted the idea and he also sells pinball stuff so may be willing to make some. It's really easy to do though. Just buy one male and one female IDC plug and the inserts that go to them and the resistors of your choice. Just snip the ends of the resistors to fit, crimp, solder and push them into the plug.

Link to his post - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/154#post-4366853

#8775 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Sorry I meant the blue. I found what I hope are other blue buttons. Keeping my fingers crossed the inserts show through better on these other ones.

#8776 5 years ago

new addition the arcade

flyyns20190123_185015[778] (resized).jpgflyyns20190123_185015[778] (resized).jpg
#8777 5 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

new addition the arcade
[quoted image]

Looks great!

#8778 5 years ago

new addition the arcade
[quoted image]

Nice quilt... will be a nice backdrop for Keith Elwin's next pin... The Golden Girls!!

#8779 5 years ago

Love the neon sign! Where did you get it?

#8780 5 years ago

new addition the arcade
[quoted image]

I got one similar. Only made it behind some dark plexiglass since it was to bright.

#8781 5 years ago

My sister got it for me for Christmas. Ill have to ask where she got it. The blanket was a gift from a very good friend who is native American Lakota Sioux. Her husband was a very close friend, and my PLT SGT in Iraq in 05. He was KIA and she presented it to me at his memorial. I like the way the color of the neon goes with it.

#8782 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

[quoted image]

How noisy is the new motor when it’s running full speed? I’m considering doing a test and swapping out a shaker motor for it and see if mines any better. Already tried oiling it to only a small reduction in noise.

#8783 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

How noisy is the new motor when it’s running full speed? I’m considering doing a test and swapping out a shaker motor for it and see if mines any better. Already tried oiling it to only a small reduction in noise.

My new motor is very quiet. The original motor only had 1000 plays on it and wasn't too bad...kept it as a backup.

#8784 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Another note...I originally purchased the new motor at PinballLife. It was unfortunately wildly noisy out of the box. Sent it back and purchased one from Marco. The Marco motor wiring was identical to the original motor. The Pinball life motor slightly different wiring. The Marco motor was quiet out of the box. Have no idea why a brand new motor would be noisy...

#8785 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Another note...I originally purchased the new motor at PinballLife. It was unfortunately wildly noisy out of the box. Sent it back and purchased one from Marco. The Marco motor wiring was identical to the original motor. The Pinball life motor slightly different wiring. The Marco motor was quiet out of the box. Have no idea why a brand new motor would be noisy...

Probably all of these motors have sloppy tolerance brass bushings and why they start to get noisey. As a shaker motor it really doesn’t matter... but on a spinning disc like tron or potc where the disc is encouraging side to side movement of the shaft... it’s obvious why it can happen.

Looking at an exploded view of the motor, or switching out the bushings would be the tell...

#8786 5 years ago

My sister got it for me for Christmas. Ill have to ask where she got it. The blanket was a gift from a very good friend who is native American Lakota Sioux. Her husband was a very close friend, and my PLT SGT in Iraq in 05. He was KIA and she presented it to me at his memorial. I like the way the color of the neon goes with it.

Sign looks great!!! please share if you find out where she got it....

The blanket does look amazing behind it, but the story is even more compelling....I would only be a bit cautious as if that's true neon, they have been known to arc upon failing at times, and an obvious keepsake behind it.....

Very, very nice...thanks for posting!!!!!

#8787 5 years ago

No dice. Still very dark. Same button. Anyone know where to get lighter blue or at least how to make the inserts shine through better. I would settle for that

2019-01-27-14-49-20 (resized).jpg2019-01-27-14-49-20 (resized).jpg
#8788 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

No dice. Still very dark. Same button. Anyone know where to get lighter blue or at least how to make the inserts shine through better. I would settle for that
[quoted image]

Have you tried using a super brite led behind the insert?

#8789 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sign looks great!!! please share if you find out where she got it....
The blanket does look amazing behind it, but the story is even more compelling....I would only be a bit cautious as if that's true neon, they have been known to arc upon failing at times, and an obvious keepsake behind it.....
Very, very nice...thanks for posting!!!!!

Sister got it from ebay. I did make sure there was no heat from the neon on the blanket.

#8790 5 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Have you tried using a super brite led behind the insert?

Not sure if the ones behind it are or aren't. I would guess they are seeing as how the ones that came with the new coin door were super dim in comparison (I made sure to swap them) but I may buy some here just to experiment.

#8791 5 years ago

So the place that did my chrome does not do speaker panels and I can't seem to find anyone selling chrome panels anywhere. Anyone have a lead on this?

#8792 5 years ago

Not sure if the ones behind it are or aren't. I would guess they are seeing as how the ones that came with the new coin door were super dim in comparison (I made sure to swap them) but I may buy some here just to experiment.
I picked up a SST a a while back from another pinsider and the pop bumpers had these comet leds in them. They were absolutely blinding, I swapped them out and used them in the coin door and they shine pretty bright.

DCD74928-1E5F-48B1-BD72-DD2D227C0BD4 (resized).jpegDCD74928-1E5F-48B1-BD72-DD2D227C0BD4 (resized).jpegFE09FDA1-4476-40A9-AA22-7A1792DEBF98 (resized).jpegFE09FDA1-4476-40A9-AA22-7A1792DEBF98 (resized).jpeg
#8793 5 years ago

Message was cut short, I’ve had luck with these.

6604E1A5-47BE-480D-93D3-93A592983B57 (resized).jpeg6604E1A5-47BE-480D-93D3-93A592983B57 (resized).jpeg70E8B271-7752-4DC9-83C3-ADA2746249F9 (resized).jpeg70E8B271-7752-4DC9-83C3-ADA2746249F9 (resized).jpeg5C738D23-7080-4972-AF87-645980AF8E63 (resized).jpeg5C738D23-7080-4972-AF87-645980AF8E63 (resized).jpeg
#8794 5 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Message was cut short, I’ve had luck with these.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you so much!! I'll order and give it a shot right away!

#8795 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

[quoted image]

Where did you get those blue suzohapp coin inserts from? Mine are yellow and just look a little odd.

#8796 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Where did you get those blue suzohapp coin inserts from? Mine are yellow and just look a little odd.

Last ones I got were from marcos I think. They should have plenty. Easy to find. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/42-0517-02

Quoted from athenspin:

Message was cut short, I’ve had luck with these.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Had a similar left over light I wanted to try last night from doing my pop bumpers. Absolutely the problem. Going to order the right size for it now but it cleared them up REAL nice. Thanks for the help.

#8797 5 years ago

I recently picked up a nice HUO Tron Pro. I’ve noticed that the GI dims every once in Awhile and will go back to normal within a few seconds. Is this normal? If not, any idea what could be wrong?

#8798 5 years ago

Btw, this isn’t the flickering during zuse mode. The GI dims for a few seconds or more. Seems to happen when I hit the rectifier. Thanks everyone.

#8799 5 years ago

Ok guys new lights are in and all the chrome pieces installed. Thanks everyone for your help. Now just a colored dmd, redo the tubes, maybe a couple external lighting ideas.

IMG_20190204_204053423 (resized).jpgIMG_20190204_204053423 (resized).jpgIMG_20190204_204122990 (resized).jpgIMG_20190204_204122990 (resized).jpgIMG_20190204_204350628 (resized).jpgIMG_20190204_204350628 (resized).jpg
#8800 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Ok guys new lights are in and all the chrome pieces installed. Thanks everyone for your help. Now just a colored dmd, redo the tubes, maybe a couple external lighting ideas.

Ditch the big sling spot lights and replace with under plastic slingspots. It really opens up the lower pf.

What’s below your recogniser? (Purple/pink in your pic)

28DF0AAC-622D-41B0-8CF4-48EFE086797D (resized).jpeg28DF0AAC-622D-41B0-8CF4-48EFE086797D (resized).jpeg

Does anyone know if the ramps fibre optics can be disconnected underneath and remain zip tied to the ramps? I want to replace my ramp flaps but don’t really want to remove the lights if it can be helped.
if I don’t have to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
There are 11,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/176?hl=foobeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.