Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,771 posts
  • 447 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 126 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 375 votes
    70%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 101 votes
    19%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 57 votes
    11%

(533 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,155 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190120_140805694 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190120_110543567 (resized).jpg
8a32b2457966ac46938d7fc2e8777ebe712da4c3 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190115_191957 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190115_191947 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190113_213626349 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190113_213619085 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190113_203441674 (resized).jpg
photo_2019-01-13_18-12-40.jpg
ADE5FB23-1C9C-404C-961C-33ED6F957859 (resized).jpeg
F52C3A96-3077-45FE-8C85-2091C650FFB4 (resized).jpeg
498C3911-8CE2-40C1-B07A-3EC074958A1B (resized).jpeg
A9559943-BFF1-4F27-B8F1-579BAAEAFA69 (resized).jpeg
ADF03D02-2811-4B0E-8E4C-E232DB5D2FB3 (resized).jpeg
C11CFF1F-4EC2-4E20-BB2B-6AA7F381E4B3 (resized).jpeg

There are 8771 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 176.
#8651 24 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

What brand and size translucent rubbers are proper using on their slings on Tron?

2" PerfectPlay translucent silicone from PBL

#8652 22 days ago

On my Tron, when the ball reaches the end of the ramp, it bounces back a couple inches, then eventually goes into drop. It ruins the flow of the game. Is there a way to rectify this?

#8653 22 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

On my Tron, when the ball reaches the end of the ramp, it bounces back a couple inches, then eventually goes into drop. It ruins the flow of the game. Is there a way to rectify this?

Stick a little dead foam/rubber at the end of the ramp that will suck all the kinetic energy out of the ball stopping it from bouncing and it will drop straight through.

#8654 22 days ago

There should be foam there already I think, a blue square from memory?

Also j85m did anything happen with that splint order from Mezel in the end?

#8655 22 days ago
Quoted from Durzel:

There should be foam there already I think, a blue square from memory?
Also j85m did anything happen with that splint order from Mezel in the end?

Never got round to doing it, just posted on pinballinfo about doing an order from pinballlife.

Let me know what you need again with regards to splints and I’ll order them from Tim @ Mezel if I can’t get them off Terry @ PL.

#8656 22 days ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Are these better than titans?

#8657 22 days ago

durzel did we have a post a few pages back regarding splint numbers for other games like IM etc?

#8658 22 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Don't know, I've never used Titans but they would probably work well too.

#8659 22 days ago
Quoted from Durzel:

That would be awesome, but I've never heard of it done.
Eli's fibre mod syncs with the game doesn't it? If so I presume it must be possible...?

I was going to to the same and was recently researching it as I just got a ColorDMD and wanted to tie everything together. My goal was Ramps, Speakers + Color DMD. This has been done before, but required the Eli/PinBits Kit Plus an additional board that worked in conjunction with the PinBits board.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-color-changing-tron-pinbits-eli-ramps-integration
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lighting-mod-for-tron-ramp-kit-owners-gauging-interest

There were a few folks assembling this board (https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/VAugtAur) but as of right now that does not appear to be the case based thread age and messaging a few people.

If anyone has one laying around or is willing to build one I would be interested in picking one up Otherwise I am seriously considering making the change over to Total Light Show for the additional functionality it has and that fact that it is being actively developed.

#8660 22 days ago

Ok guys so we got our color changing speaker kit and our disc inlays so now we can begin our project to try and get the lights to change colors with the Eli's kit. I was wondering. If anyone could give me a head start by telling me if they know what and where the color changes for the ramps are triggered.

1924 (resized).jpeg
#8661 22 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

durzel did we have a post a few pages back regarding splint numbers for other games like IM etc?

Tron - 1 piece for Z, U, E stand ups and 2 piece for the S target

IM - 1 piece for drone targets and 2 piece for both whiplash targets.

I personally use the 1 piece for them all but that requires desoldering the target to get it on and resoldering the wires back on the target.

#8662 22 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

For mine, the 2 1/4" Titans are the best fit for these slings..There was a long wait to finally get them ( buried back in the thread somewhere), but we'll worth it, IMHO...

#8663 21 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Tron - 1 piece for Z, U, E stand ups and 2 piece for the S target
IM - 1 piece for drone targets and 2 piece for both whiplash targets.
I personally use the 1 piece for them all but that requires desoldering the target to get it on and resoldering the wires back on the target.

Where can we get these splints? Or does anyone have a file to 3D print them?

#8665 21 days ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Quoted from MK6PIN:

For mine, the 2 1/4" Titans are the best fit for these slings...

What size rings/rubbers does the manual state, we have two different sizes here so I’m curious, I may end up buying both sizes and seeing what plays best.

#8666 21 days ago

Finally got my new Tron fully upgraded. Wow, what a fun game. Combos are where it’s at for me. Unlike any other game!

EED60B0B-FE22-415C-A35F-6B0C27671E70 (resized).jpegFE901556-D971-4F03-957D-9BC68F2E0A0B (resized).jpeg
#8667 20 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Finally got my new Tron fully upgraded. Wow, what a fun game. Combos are where it’s at for me. Unlike any other game!
[quoted image][quoted image]

OMG, where did you get your topper? Your game looks great! Congrats!!

#8668 18 days ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Where can we get these splints? Or does anyone have a file to 3D print them?

My “print them yourself” versions are available on thingiverse here : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3022038

They should cost around $0.05 each and about 30-45 mins to print.

#8669 18 days ago
Quoted from koops:

My versions are available on thingiverse here : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3022038

I can’t seem to see a price, although the page isn’t loading up fully here at work so that might be my issue.

Also do you have a list or way to tell what splits would fit a list of games? I definitely want these for my Ironman drone and whiplash targets, as well as TRON and others.

#8670 18 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

I can’t seem to see a price, although the page isn’t loading up fully here at work so that might be my issue.
Also do you have a list or way to tell what splits would fit a list of games? I definitely want these for my Ironman drone and whiplash targets, as well as TRON and others.

Um, free (like pretty much everything on thingiverse). I have them on all my tron targets. Ironman I only have them on whiplash. Xmen in magneto standups. I listed on the page the games and targets I’d tested on.

#8671 18 days ago
Quoted from koops:

Um, free (like pretty much everything on thingiverse). I have them on all my tron targets. Ironman I only have them on whiplash. Xmen in magneto standups. I listed on the page the games and targets I’d tested on.

Free? I hadn’t heard of thingiverse until your post, so I learnt something new there. So stupid question number 2 - I assume the file can be downloaded and these printed locally? Or do you send them out?

Reason I ask is yours look better than the ones certain venders are trying to sell for $5+ yet are twice as thin!

#8672 18 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Free? I hadn’t heard of thingiverse until your post, so I learnt something new there. So stupid question number 2 - I assume the file can be downloaded and these printed locally? Or do you send them out?
Reason I ask is yours look better than the ones certain venders are trying to sell for $5+ yet are twice as thin!

They don't appear to be twice as thin. They look wider than the other ones but not as thick (no back brace). These do look like a great option for those places where you have plenty of space though. I'm surprised they would fit on the magneto targets as the Mezel ones barely fit their and aren't nearly as wide (from the pics at least). Originally we tried to make them like that but had to add the back to keep the structure solid and small enough to fit in tight spaces.

No skin in the game since I sold my rights about 2 years ago but I do agree the cost has gotten up their. They used to be half that price and more in line where I felt the value was

#8673 18 days ago

Jimmyhonda, loving that chrome trim!

IMG_3273 (resized).JPG
#8674 18 days ago

So who wants stand up target Splints from Mezel and how many of which type?

#8675 18 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

So who wants stand up target Splints from Mezel and how many of which type?

Annoyingly I only need one. I ordered some before for Tron but neglected to count how many I actually needed.

I was hoping to get one from someone else's order really as it makes no sense at all for me to order just one.

#8676 18 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

You print them yourself.

Mine was a fairly different design. One of the machines I bought actually had the retail ones in it already but they were all split (I didn’t find them until I went to put my own ones in!)
I wanted something more robust and quick to install so I designed them myself. There are two designs. The first one i made was pretty much unbreakable the other is slimmer for tight targets (still very strong).

If you don’t have a printer your options are to contract print them out locally or buy those other designs from a mod seller.

Price isn’t that bad as you are paying for their time and some profit margin (they are businesses after all).

I’m on the other side of the planet so US->Aus shipping is horrendous. I bought some rollover rivet dies the other week and they cost around $50USD in shipping alone. If I could print those I would have!

#8677 17 days ago

External volume controller installed into tournament button hole.

Woohoo!

I went with a momentary on-off-momentary on switch that was rather difficult to source.

https://www.hndme.com/collection/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=160&idcategory=27&gclid=Cj0KCQiA6ozhBRC8ARIsAIh_VC2kV4jOvjsqua1d1HzTk6BqRCVt-l0gFWDpdL_uggfH252QWVY-Y0YaAo93EALw_wcB

I started w/ snakesnsparklers' kit but wanted momentary instead of latching. This switch's threads needed a bit of hand filing to fit into the plug housing, but it's now a snug fit.

Now easy to crank Daft Punk when the kids are awake or turn it down when they're asleep.
I wonder how long till my 3-year-old spots the new switch & starts poking at it when I'm trying to play...

Thanks,
-Jason

PS--I am really really bad at taking pictures of all-black things on an all-white background!

20190101_160636 (resized).jpg20190101_160644 (resized).jpg20190101_160920 (resized).jpg20190101_160926 (resized).jpg
#8678 16 days ago

Anyone with a TRON and Ironman able to tell me if the shooter lanes are the same?

Want to give one of these a try https://pu-parts.com/iron-man-vault-edition-im-ve-shooter-lane-protector

Ironman came out close to TRON so curious if it would fit TRON as well as my Ironman.

#8679 15 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone with a TRON and Ironman able to tell me if the shooter lanes are the same?
Want to give one of these a try https://pu-parts.com/iron-man-vault-edition-im-ve-shooter-lane-protector
Ironman came out close to TRON so curious if it would fit TRON as well as my Ironman.

I can check for you tomorrow, but note imve can be different as I only have original run

Very slightly, but I'll happily check

#8680 15 days ago

That would be awesome man thank you.

I have an original Ironman from what I can tell the vaults have an identical playfield.

#8681 15 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

What size rings/rubbers does the manual state, we have two different sizes here so I’m curious, I may end up buying both sizes and seeing what plays best.

Just saw this post...sorry.....manual says 2"....2 1/4" last way longer and play great...many asked and titan finally got them made. Very happy w them

#8682 15 days ago

Anyone know what to do to reduce power on the eject coil for the shooter lane?

Mine fires the ball like a rocket, thank goodness there’s a metal bracket there, I get a super “crack” every time the ball goes to the shooter

#8683 15 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Mine fires the ball like a rocket, thank goodness there’s a metal bracket there, I get a super “crack” every time the ball goes to the shooter

Don't believe so...just look through my menus. Only a high level setting for "Coil pulse power", which would effect all coils.

#8684 15 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Only way is to put a weaker coil on it.

#8685 15 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

chosen_s i found a different, but somewhat similar problem... reading this thread might give you some things to look for with your situation.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-weaken-a-coil#post-1629714-parent

#8686 14 days ago

I had some new vinyl decals made custom for the chrome coin door and apron.. really finished this nicely.

20190105_235157 (resized).jpg20190105_235221 (resized).jpg
#8687 14 days ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I had some new vinyl decals made custom for the chrome coin door and apron.. really finished this nicely.

Could you post up a shot of the full game? I’m not sure whether I’m going to go chrome or go with a black chrome and custom laser cut apron and side rails, both LED lit.

#8688 14 days ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

chosen_s i found a different, but somewhat similar problem... reading this thread might give you some things to look for with your situation.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-weaken-a-coil#post-1629714-parent

Great thread , even if just to have in my pocket for later on. Thank you

#8689 14 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I can check for you tomorrow, but note imve can be different as I only have original run
Very slightly, but I'll happily check

Did you get chance to look? Sorry if I’m asking early blame the time differences

#8690 14 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Could you post up a shot of the full game? I

Sure, here it is. It's a pro fully modded. I had to take back my hinges and leg bolts as they had some flaws to them, no biggie. I had some questions in my inbox, I bought the apron from Terry at PBL. He has the raw lollipops apron hinges etc too... my local guy did all the chrome. You can get the apron decals from Marco, they sent me the wrong ones so I am awaiting the left apron triangle still.. vinyl decals I had made for me...

20190106_132101 (resized).jpg20190106_132050 (resized).jpg20190106_132645 (resized).jpg20190106_132520 (resized).jpg20190106_132408 (resized).jpg
#8691 14 days ago

Very nice! I actually think the left triangle looks better without the decal

#8692 14 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Very nice! I actually think the left triangle looks better without the decal

Well, I agree, the only thing with that is the weld marks from the threads to hold the lenses stick out badly, I am having a guy make me some blue vinyl ones to match my tron logo and I'll see how those look..

15468060822776643475929243260636 (resized).jpg
#8693 14 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Did you get chance to look? Sorry if I’m asking early blame the time differences

You can blame time zones.... Or my procrastinating.
I forgot to go down yesterday, but I'm standing here right now...

They look identical to me, but here is a couple pics to show you. (Again, this is iron Man original run, Not ve)

15468232968573747396259203085357 (resized).jpg15468233449894513993265681923943 (resized).jpg
#8694 13 days ago

Hey Zen, which apron from pbl is the correct one? Thank you!!

3ED46C57-BE7D-40A8-9089-0B353FDBE700 (resized).png84A75065-7FEF-4AC5-9A94-75DA2A0ADB5B (resized).png
#8695 13 days ago

Jimmyhonda the one I have has the lenses cut out, PBL also sells the blue lenses, you can light them up and connect to flashers like the LE if you want.

#8696 13 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

You can blame time zones.... Or my procrastinating.
I forgot to go down yesterday, but I'm standing here right now...
They look identical to me, but here is a couple pics to show you. (Again, this is iron Man original run, Not ve)

Awesome thanks! They look close enough to take the plunge on one of those protectors, worst case I need to cut it ever so slightly.

Looking at a friends vault it looks like Ironman uses the exact same playfield on the vaults and originals.

#8697 13 days ago

I’m looking for a left side metal ramp protector for the ramp wth the entrance also on the left. Anybody know where I can find one of these? Thanks

BB08B80D-8970-4630-ADFE-272A6A44BC47 (resized).jpeg
#8698 13 days ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I’m looking for a left side metal ramp protector for the ramp wth the entrance also on the left. Anybody know where I can find one of these? Thanks
[quoted image]

Cliffy would be my first stop.

#8700 12 days ago

Thanks fellas!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Machine - For Sale
Bound Brook, NJ
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 305.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8771 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 176.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside