IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 233.
#8551 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Only 10 years late, but got this installed tonight. Absolute must have.....[quoted image]

Just got ours installed a couple days ago and I totally agree. Was so glad there was another small run of these. So beautiful!

1 week later
#8552 5 years ago

If anybody wants an external volume control switch let me know. It fits in your unused tournament button spot under the start button on any SAM game and wires up to your existing coin door volume buttons by soldering to the existing terminals (3 wires) or you can use your own quick connectors. I'll be making a few extras this weekend, cost is $20 shipped. These currently sell for $30+shipping at PBL and Marco.

#8553 5 years ago

Of course you would do this now. I recently bought and installed 6 of those things from PBL

#8554 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If anybody wants an external volume control switch let me know. It fits in your unused tournament button spot under the start button on any SAM game and wires up to your existing coin door volume buttons by soldering to the existing terminals (3 wires) or you can use your own quick connectors. I'll be making a few extras this weekend, cost is $20 shipped. These currently sell for $30+shipping at PBL and Marco.

Ok these are all spoken for, much quicker than I thought. If you still want one shoot me a message and I'll put you on the list when I make up some more in about 2 weeks.

#8555 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Do you have a pic of what this looks like installed?

#8556 5 years ago

I joined the Tron Owner family Light Cycle mod in there now, not on pics yet....

IMG_3380 (resized).JPGIMG_3380 (resized).JPGIMG_3382 (resized).JPGIMG_3382 (resized).JPGIMG_3390 (resized).JPGIMG_3390 (resized).JPGIMG_3393 (resized).JPGIMG_3393 (resized).JPGIMG_3807 (resized).JPGIMG_3807 (resized).JPG

#8557 5 years ago

Hello, does anyone know where I could get this topper? Or, if you own it, are you willing to sell it? Thank you.

B14A144C-EC6E-407F-9086-58D0E23CCEC9 (resized).pngB14A144C-EC6E-407F-9086-58D0E23CCEC9 (resized).png
#8559 5 years ago

Hello, Anyone have this translite they would consider selling? Thank you!

00CB3602-7E5B-46C7-96A7-62DA69CB585B (resized).jpeg00CB3602-7E5B-46C7-96A7-62DA69CB585B (resized).jpeg
#8560 5 years ago

Libations for everybody!!!
...water for the kids.

61189A58-0842-4861-B945-B91CCA28161B (resized).jpeg61189A58-0842-4861-B945-B91CCA28161B (resized).jpeg9DAEC5E3-AF4B-4130-B2EA-BE1D17FA949F (resized).jpeg9DAEC5E3-AF4B-4130-B2EA-BE1D17FA949F (resized).jpeg
#8561 5 years ago

I have never seen illuminated leg protectors before

#8562 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I have never seen illuminated leg protectors before

They look great on Tron

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-led-leg-light-ups/page/11#post-4637653

#8563 5 years ago

That´s the first LE I´ve seen with a signed playfield.

#8564 5 years ago

What's up Tron owners! I just did a temporary trade for a Tron and need some troubleshooting advice for a crazy loud spinning disc motor. I did some research and found the Stern service bulletin for Pirates of the Caribbean calling for 3 and 1 motor oil applied to the top and bottom of the motor shaft to lubricate it. My question is how did you get to the top shaft...did you need to dissemble the disc mech to access it? Also, did this fix work for any of you who have tried it? It's loud enough where the sound is so annoying that I deactivated the motor in the menu and would love to quiet this down so I csn enjoy the game with the spinning disc mech on.

Thanks!

#8565 5 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

That´s the first LE I´ve seen with a signed playfield.

Oh really! Guessing it is Borg's signature!

#8566 5 years ago

IIRC, only the first 100 LEs had the signature.

#8567 5 years ago

Nearly finished. Only one
last mod left.

2FFA09C2-8234-4023-8AC6-AEA5CF9A602A.jpeg2FFA09C2-8234-4023-8AC6-AEA5CF9A602A.jpegA8061322-4926-48F5-8DB5-7676E1939B45.jpegA8061322-4926-48F5-8DB5-7676E1939B45.jpeg8226BF70-7665-4C07-840A-996DB9E2591B.jpeg8226BF70-7665-4C07-840A-996DB9E2591B.jpegDA3A8F6B-CFF7-417E-A4D4-667A2BE6BA31.jpegDA3A8F6B-CFF7-417E-A4D4-667A2BE6BA31.jpeg0F291C60-1306-468C-96B6-8ED231D2093A.jpeg0F291C60-1306-468C-96B6-8ED231D2093A.jpeg
#8568 5 years ago

Woah Hasi that's freakin beautiful!

#8569 5 years ago

I‘m still looking for these plastics.

The guys from gamestencils.com don‘t answer.

Does anyone have them for sale?

DF38A614-91C0-4C94-A61C-54E2F0FB87E6 (resized).jpegDF38A614-91C0-4C94-A61C-54E2F0FB87E6 (resized).jpeg

#8570 5 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

IIRC, only the first 100 LEs had the signature.

Hmmm...I have LE #88 and there is no signature on the playfield...

#8571 5 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I would consider yourself lucky. Unless is a cool looking signature like George Gomez I would rather not have any.

#8572 5 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

I‘m still looking for these plastics.

The guys from gamestencils.com don‘t answer.

Does anyone have them for sale?

Same for me. No answer at all for months. Anyone???

#8573 5 years ago

Came across this game for sale and had to buy it, seemed like a nice guy to deal with. Glad to be part of the Tron community.

ACDB8C0F-8528-44AC-92E9-74B30B9C65DB (resized).jpegACDB8C0F-8528-44AC-92E9-74B30B9C65DB (resized).jpeg9447A70A-43C6-4081-A5A0-D0F1F5C49F93 (resized).jpeg9447A70A-43C6-4081-A5A0-D0F1F5C49F93 (resized).jpeg
#8574 5 years ago

Bummer if CF sold his Tron! Really miss him, this place isn't the same without him...

Added over 5 years ago:

Now that his Tron has moved on, it seems permanent that he isn't coming back...

#8575 5 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I stand corrected.

#8576 5 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Came across this game for sale and had to buy it, seemed like a nice guy to deal with. Glad to be part of the Tron community.

That is centerflank's in case anyone didn't catch the dmd. Sad day for the hobby but he still has the apron of destiny at least.

#8577 5 years ago

I miss centerflank. It's funny because I don't know him and I didn't even join the club until after he was gone but I enjoyed reading his posts

#8578 5 years ago

Centerflank was a big loss to our community. He was loud and obnoxious, but his passion was palpable!

#8579 5 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

I stand corrected.

Ok so only 1st 100 Tron LE's got a signature it seems.

#8580 5 years ago

Damnedest thing happened the other day. Turned on my Tron and the Eli's kit stopped lighting up along with a trough issue where it shows a ball on the dmd even after all 4 balls are ejected.

First issue with the Eli's: checked out a post on here where Eli suggested updating the code with the latest on pinbits site. Gave it a shot with no luck. Computer was able to find the board no problem and the test light would light up no problem when it was plugged in but still getting nothing when in the board. Checked all connections under the play field and in the back box and all feel solid and do not look burnt.

Second with the ball through basically the dmd on the eject screen show the main 4 balls, a ball above the 4th one from the left and I believe one in the plunger Lane. When I eject all the balls the one above the 4th one from the left still shows at times and can often caused the machine to think it's missing a ball.

I haven't dug into the second issue as much because it's a new issue. Coming up empty handed on there Eli's though. Hope this isn't unique. Thanks guys.

#8581 5 years ago

@spyk

Sounds not too unlike the weirdness that was baffling me for a while: bad trough opto board resulted in switch errors on 3-bank. Try unplugging your trough opto (for rightmost ball + ball jam) & see if weirdness is corrected.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/171#post-4692320

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/170#post-4662749

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/170#post-4659903

Good luck.
-Jason

#8582 5 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

@spyk
Sounds not too unlike the weirdness that was baffling me for a while: bad trough opto board resulted in switch errors on 3-bank. Try unplugging your trough opto (for rightmost ball + ball jam) & see if weirdness is corrected.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/171#post-4692320
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/170#post-4662749
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/170#post-4659903
Good luck.
-Jason

Thanks. I just found this too on the forum. Going to check this in the am. Apparently the Shaker motor can cause the pins to come loose especially after 100 be or so plays. Well it's in need of a cleaning so I'd say the timing sounds about right.

The ramp is what's messing with my head the most. I just had the tech fix it with new boards for the lights them selves as the color was off and was working fine. All of the sudden just stopped the other day. Unless I'm looking at the manual wrong the stern manual doesn't tell you too much about the actual board either. I was going to try to trace the electricity but I'm guessing it the rest of the pin is working fine, and it is electrical, it's got to be isolated to either the pin connector on the small board or the larger board specifically for where the small board connects to the larger one. Does this sound logical?

#8583 5 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow!!! congrats for you, but sad to see Flank finally let it go......we had great times on the grid.....he'll be missed here. Armwrestling champ of pinside, as I recall....

#8584 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Only 10 years late, but got this installed tonight. Absolute must have.....[quoted image]

Completely agree.....ahh, life on the grid thread.... a nice break from some of the insanity in some of the others.

#8585 5 years ago

Has anyone totally solved the noisy disk motor issue?

Googled it and looked at everything that showed up.

I’d spent the past few nights working on all the things that annoyed me on my tron.

Stern buzzing flippers : fixed finally!
Autolauncher hitting playfield : fixed
Noisy disk motor : still not fixed

I pulled the disk mech apart and tested the motor in its own. Removed plastic disk but couldn’t remove the grub screw holding the adapter plate on. Added a tiny amount of 3in1 machine oil. Tested. Repeat several times. It got a little quieter but still very noisy. Doesn’t seem to be a balance thing as there isn’t much vibration.

So I’m thinking do I bite the bullet and get a replacement motor.

Googled the part id and it’s the same as the shaker motor.

I’ve got a half dozen machines with shakers.

So my idea is to see if I can switch a shaker motor for the disk motor. I’ll test it for balance and noise before doing the full swap.

Is there any difference between the shaker motor and the disk one? (except for the connectors etc that is desolder off the original disk motor)

#8586 5 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Ok so only 1st 100 Tron LE's got a signature it seems.

I believe it was the first 50 that had signed playfields, similar to what was done with Avatar LE think that was first 20 of 40 with signed playfields.

#8587 5 years ago

I just tested power to the pig tail and everything is coming up all right. I did notice if I plugged the pig tail in after the game was on (might have been a dumb move but wasn't thinking) the purple test light will go on for a second or two and turn off. Otherwise the only way to seem to be able to get this thing to turn on is by plugging it into my PC. Still no lights. Tried the update again with no luck. I am trying to reinstall the original that came with this board when it was given to me and trying to wait the 20 second recommended on the pinbits sight while also "Safely ejecting" the hardware. Got nothing so far. Super frustraiting as the only post I have seen with this same issue seemed to have fixed it with a simple code update. I have a file called "Pref" on the Eli's board but I am supposing that is supposed to be there as it worked with it on there before.

#8588 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Has anyone totally solved the noisy disk motor issue?
Googled it and looked at everything that showed up.
I’d spent the past few nights working on all the things that annoyed me on my tron.
Stern buzzing flippers : fixed finally!
Autolauncher hitting playfield : fixed
Noisy disk motor : still not fixed

What didi you do to fix Stern buzzing flippers and Autolauncher hitting playfield?

#8589 5 years ago

Ok so somehow I fixed it. We are back in business!!!!!!!!!!! Don't know what it was. Was checking DC voltage and next time I went to turn it on it worked... Maybe I spooked it.

#8590 5 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Top 50 only were signed.... I have #33.

They don't do that anymore

#8591 5 years ago

Can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than to take my TRON up to the next level:

Here is what it looks like without the translite:

Here is a before reference pic:

fullsizeoutput_c19 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_c19 (resized).jpeg

#8592 5 years ago
Quoted from Bramvk:

What didi you do to fix Stern buzzing flippers and Autolauncher hitting playfield?

Autolancher : replaced the entire support bracket. The arm was moving too far and the plunger wasn’t hitting th stop soon enough. As the coil stop is built into bracket I didn’t have a choice. Either replace the stop or the plunger. Local supplies of flipper rebuild parts are dry atm so I got the bracket that was available.

Buzzing flippers.
Removed the stops and the plunger.
Sanded and polished those till they were as flat and shiny as possible. You’ll be able to see the indentations/wear marks on both pieces. You need to remove both so they are flat. I used a steel ruler to check. Also put the two pieces together and see if they are flush. Reinstalled and held the coil stops as tight as I could while reinstalling them.

The main difficulty is getting the plunger piece flat. I don’t have a fool proof method but I just held it as close as I could to the sand paper otherwise you tilt it constantly. The coil stop is much easier as it so large.

#8593 5 years ago

I bought a HUO Tron yesterday. The spinner seems to be pretty loud. I’ve read up that this is a pretty common issue. Any idea how to fix this?

#8594 5 years ago

turn the volume up.

#8595 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I bought a HUO Tron yesterday. The spinner seems to be pretty loud. I’ve read up that this is a pretty common issue. Any idea how to fix this?

As in the wire weight spinner mech? I’d just try polishing the wire up so there is less physical resitance/rough surface to cause a noise.

#8596 5 years ago

i'm guessing he means the recognizer disc.

#8597 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i'm guessing he means the recognizer disc.

Ahh yeah my bad. Haven’t seen a definiative fix apart from a little light machine oil at both ends of the motor. Limited success with that. Mines a little quieter but still has a rattle to it.

#8598 5 years ago

Yes, the recognizer disc. I will try some oil. Thanks!

#8599 5 years ago

Also, I bought a Tron pro and the light cycles seem very faint. They are wired to the GI? Is this incorrect? I heard they should be wired to 5v source? Where and how would I do that? Any help would be great. Thank you!!!

#8600 5 years ago

Has anyone else listened to episode 73 of the head2head pinball podcast with the interview of Lyman Sheats? The entire interview is pure gold... at a minimum, I would urge you to go to the 1hr 24min mark and listen to Lyman stumble over his words when talking about Tron code. It seems almost to me that he starts to talk about what they are already doing, but catches himself and talks about what he would like to do if he had the chance. If this is true, I have no idea if this is for a VE, or just another code update of a game that’s been out for a while (like they did recently with Metallica... a game that was already very mature).

Any thoughts on this, @falconpunch??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/172?hl=foobeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.