IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 233.
#8451 5 years ago

I will be selling my first run TRON (second owner) very soon. If anyone is looking for one shoot me a PM. There are quite a few mods and going to move it in the mid 6s. If sale comes out of this post I will double Pinside sale donation. Thanks

#8453 5 years ago

Does anyone know how to contact the maker of the Tron Arcades to confirm availability of the Tron Arcade mod? I visited the PinballLooking site, but it's nearly a year out of date and the e-mail function doesn't seem to be working. Perhaps the maker is a Pinside member?

#8454 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Does anyone know how to contact the maker of the Tron Arcades to confirm availability of the Tron Arcade mod? I visited the PinballLooking site, but it's nearly a year out of date and the e-mail function doesn't seem to be working. Perhaps the maker is a Pinside member?

They are on pinside but not regularly. Here is their email address: [email protected]

#8455 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

They are on pinside but not regularly. Here is their email address: [email protected]

Thanks!

#8456 5 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Yesterday I got my huo Tron LE but it has some issues.

#1:

The insert leds look like they have some ghost lights. I uploaded a video on Youtube (best seen starting at 35sec till the end):

The flickering LE inserts was a common issue. Stern made some harnesses that fix it. I'd check with them to see if they can set you up.

#8457 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

The flickering LE inserts was a common issue. Stern made some harnesses that fix it. I'd check with them to see if they can set you up.

i found the issue. after turning the game back to credit play everything is ok. if i go back to free play it happens again.

so i did a dip switch reset and now all is fine.

crazy things are happening after gameś movement.

patrick powers from stern also mentioned that service kit. i had that issue with a twd premium too.

#8458 5 years ago

Now I‘m almost happy.

Only the Arcade Cab. Vers.2 and the Gamestencil ramp plastics are missing.

6B7357EE-6B5C-4502-BA34-8CD790EFD5D0 (resized).jpeg6B7357EE-6B5C-4502-BA34-8CD790EFD5D0 (resized).jpeg86ECEDED-4463-4406-9110-8987194362EE (resized).jpeg86ECEDED-4463-4406-9110-8987194362EE (resized).jpeg

C6AB8D63-B20D-4431-871E-0AABDF969068 (resized).jpegC6AB8D63-B20D-4431-871E-0AABDF969068 (resized).jpeg
#8459 5 years ago

What should I look for on my LE for this service kit? I need to check to see if I have it.

#8460 5 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Now I‘m almost happy.
Only the Arcade Cab. Vers.2 and the Gamestencil ramp plastics are missing.

missing upgraded pop bumper caps.

#8461 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

missing upgraded pop bumper caps.

And add an LED to light your recogniser; it’s really easy!

#8462 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Has anyone installed the blue disc and the clear disc to see the difference?
So far my blue one will hold the ball for a bit, then throw it out, yes it goes backspin crazy, but not as wildly as the clear sounds... Or do I keep my playfield waxed a little too good?

Quoting this from 2 years ago, as I couldn't find a definitive answer...

Has anyone tested the clear and blue disc back to back, or has the blue disc to comment on how crazy the spin & power is? The clear is infamous for being.. dramatic.. I'm wondering if the blue is a decent halfway house between boring black and crazy clear.

I bought a clear rubber set from Pinball Center but don't have a spare disc to put it on (nowhere in EU seems to sell them), so once I switch it out that's it... and I'm getting cold feet about the clear.

Any videos that anyone could provide would be a bonus

#8463 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I bought a clear rubber set from Pinball Center but don't have a spare disc to put it on (nowhere in EU seems to sell them), so once I switch it out that's it... and I'm getting cold feet about the clear.

You don’t really need a spare plastic disc simply soak your existing disc in go-gone or another adhesive remover and apply the clear disc pads, if it’s not for you soak it again to remove the clear and try the blue/go back to black.

#8464 5 years ago

I recently installed my clear disc and it was CRAZY. I toned it down just a tad with the resistor trick posted earlier and it's perfect for me. Still crazy spin but I swore something was going to break without reducing the speed of the motor.

#8465 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I recently installed my clear disc and it was CRAZY. I toned it down just a tad with the resistor trick posted earlier and it's perfect for me. Still crazy spin but I swore something was going to break without reducing the speed of the motor.

Ughhh see it's stuff like this that gives me pause for thought. What happened with yours then? Hitting glass?

#8466 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Ughhh see it's stuff like this that gives me pause for thought. What happened with yours then? Hitting glass?

Glass, recognizer, arcade, walls, you name it. It never threw the ball in the air but it was coming out with so much force it would hit a post, top of sling, flipper, etc and airball off of that into something.

#8467 5 years ago

Added some ice blue LEDs from comet, blends in very nicely with this game...not as intense in person as the picture shows (I hate rainbow puke looking PFs). It has a mix of warm (yellow plastic), ice blue (blue plastic and ramps), and natural white for the rest.

20181023_195637 (resized).jpg20181023_195637 (resized).jpg
#8468 5 years ago

Had some fun merging a few different Tron mixes into one. Kept some of the original music, but changed out most. Also added voice for the targets, but went with pop bumpers are flashing (since they are when you activate them). Defaults to freeplay. Will leave the link up for a bit if anybody wants to try it; use at your own risk.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=185LndY-GmVSyWxZev5mH9J0EMWOkSxHn

#8469 5 years ago

i'm a HUGE comet ice blue fan. regular blue has no place in GI, imo. i can't stress enough how much the normal blue LED's will wash out everything around them, but the ice blue just gives the perfect amount of light blue shade to your lighting. they are so f'n good.

#8470 5 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Added some ice blue LEDs from comet, blends in very nicely with this game...not as intense in person as the picture shows (I hate rainbow puke looking PFs). It has a mix of warm (yellow plastic), ice blue (blue plastic and ramps), and natural white for the rest. [quoted image]

Very nice. Ice Blue does indeed look perfect on Tron.

Just FYI though - you've installed the Recogniser plastic protector above the plastic it's designed to protect.

#8471 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Very nice. Ice Blue does indeed look perfect on Tron.
Just FYI though - you've installed the Recogniser plastic protector above the plastic it's designed to protect.

Thanks for the reminder. There is no plastic underneath...previous owner removed it to allow for a better light show from the clear spinner. Original plastic is in coin box, just keep forgetting to install it.

#8472 5 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Had some fun merging a few different Tron mixes into one. Kept some of the original music, but changed out most. Also added voice for the targets, but went with pop bumpers are flashing (since they are when you activate them). Defaults to freeplay. Will leave the link up for a bit if anybody wants to try it; use at your own risk.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=185LndY-GmVSyWxZev5mH9J0EMWOkSxHn

Thanks for sharing the file! How similar is this to the 'daft punk' remix version going around a while back (which I currently run on mine). Would be nice to try out a new mix - do you have any quick video to get a feel for it?

#8473 5 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Thanks for sharing the file! How similar is this to the 'daft punk' remix version going around a while back (which I currently run on mine). Would be nice to try out a new mix - do you have any quick video to get a feel for it?

It's a comp of various mixes mixed in with the LE callouts. Little bit of everything. It takes like 5 minutes to install and sounds pretty great to me. Just download it and try it out, it's half the fun with these things.

#8474 5 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

You can trial it in Pinball Browser prior to install if want to get an idea of the sounds first. There is no video. I think GorillaBiscuits summarized it well.

#8475 5 years ago

Mystery Tron bling: please help.

I'm going through my tub of pinball lights & light-related goodies in order to LEDify the house for the holidays.
(Already blinged Mr. Skeleton w/ LED strips that I'd intended to use on Tron but didn't: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UAi4Jcogf61XcCjY9)

I'm pretty sure these are EL paper for backlit apron cards. No ID information. What sort of power do I put into these thingies?
20181023_233102 (resized).jpg20181023_233102 (resized).jpg
20181023_233119 (resized).jpg20181023_233119 (resized).jpg

And is this a GI Buddy?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/open-source-freeish-pinball-electronics-kit-gi-buddy
I seem to have bought 2 of them 4 years ago. I don't expect to end up using them. Anybody want?
20181023_233308 (resized).jpg20181023_233308 (resized).jpg
20181023_233318 (resized).jpg20181023_233318 (resized).jpg

Thanks,
-Jason

#8476 5 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Mystery Tron bling: please help.
I'm going through my tub of pinball lights & light-related goodies in order to LEDify the house for the holidays.
(Already blinged Mr. Skeleton w/ LED strips that I'd intended to use on Tron but didn't: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UAi4Jcogf61XcCjY9)
I'm pretty sure these are EL paper for backlit apron cards. No ID information. What sort of power do I put into these thingies?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
And is this a GI Buddy?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/open-source-freeish-pinball-electronics-kit-gi-buddy
I seem to have bought 2 of them 4 years ago. I don't expect to end up using them. Anybody want?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Thanks,
-Jason

You are correct on the EL cards, those inverters need a regulated 12V input, I think most games use a dedicated power supply plugged into the service outlet for them.

The GI buddy is neat, I could think of some mod ideas to tie into the GI with it. If you don't want it I would be glad to use it

#8477 5 years ago

I heard from a pretty good source we may get a code update.

20181019_192345 (1) (resized).jpg20181019_192345 (1) (resized).jpg
#8478 5 years ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:

[quoted image]

Ha! Tease

#8479 5 years ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:

[quoted image]

‘May’? It’s nearly 7yrs since release, is it really likely they'll revisit Tron? Except maybe for a VE (#waitingforever)

#8480 5 years ago

stainless steel panels available again

141$ shipped between wood panels

if you are interested send me a pm

ec332bef70b992a9e60eecb15374f5b6acdb73e5 (resized).jpgec332bef70b992a9e60eecb15374f5b6acdb73e5 (resized).jpg
#8481 5 years ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:

[quoted image]

Anymore info? Or can you expand on what Lyman said at all?

Lyman also mentioned Ironman could get an update at some point on the slamtilt podcast a couple months back.

#8482 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

‘May’? It’s nearly 7yrs since release.

Fail to see your point Paul. Lyman has dropped surprise code updates for games years after they have been released and considered complete before.

AC/DC (4 years since last code update) and TWD (2 years after last code update) being the most recent examples, those code drops came out of nowhere.

The last code update for TRON also came out of the blue almost 2 years after the update before it when it was considered complete and finished.

You just never know with Lyman, the guys a modern day pinball legend imo.

#8483 5 years ago

I doubt we will ever see another Tron code update and that's fine with me. It would be a pleasant surprise, but I would never expect one.

#8484 5 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Here's a pic of the blue pads next to the disc.
[quoted image]

Has anyone else done this mod? I bought a pair of blue pads thinking that the black ones that are already there are just stuck on, but it seems that they're attached somehow? I didn't want to pull on them too hard in case they broke...

#8485 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Has anyone else done this mod? I bought a pair of blue pads thinking that the black ones that are already there are just stuck on, but it seems that they're attached somehow? I didn't want to pull on them too hard in case they broke...

I'm not sure how they installed those but the factory ones have a nub on the back. Look at the pads on the ends of the ramps. They are the same thing just smaller. Those big blue pads are overkill as the ball only hits at the center point anyways, but to each their own.

#8486 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You are correct on the EL cards, those inverters need a regulated 12V input, I think most games use a dedicated power supply plugged into the service outlet for them.
The GI buddy is neat, I could think of some mod ideas to tie into the GI with it. If you don't want it I would be glad to use it

Thanks. Installed the cards last night--took rather a bit longer than I expected.

When working on little sleep, you'd be surprised how many times you stuff pins in the wrong end of a connector...oy...

The previous owner included these when he sold me my Tron pro....over 4 years ago....

Pretty sweet. They do chatter/whine a bit, but that's audible only when the game is idle. Bonus: they way the cards bow upward a little & have the corners hidden where the cards insert into the apron holes makes them look a bit like CRTs in the images.

They're a little on the bright side for me--perhaps I can find some cards with darker art to install...?

Thank you,
-Jason

PS--As for the GI Buddy, thanks for helping ID. I already have a bit of interest. Please stay tuned. :]

20181024_230853 (resized).jpg20181024_230853 (resized).jpg20181024_230909 (resized).jpg20181024_230909 (resized).jpg20181024_230913 (resized).jpg20181024_230913 (resized).jpg

#8487 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Fail to see your point Paul. Lyman has dropped surprise code updates for games years after they have been released and considered complete before.
AC/DC (4 years since last code update) and TWD (2 years after last code update) being the most recent examples, those code drops came out of nowhere.
The last code update for TRON also came out of the blue almost 2 years after the update before it when it was considered complete and finished.
You just never know with Lyman, the guys a modern day pinball legend imo.

Lyman is a genius. Not only is he the best code developer, he also takes pins that are just so so, and turns them into gems!

#8488 5 years ago

A a sneak peek for all your tron Finatics... My Halloween costume in progress

57A9F225-D7BE-4AF2-8A9F-724831415CA0 (resized).jpeg57A9F225-D7BE-4AF2-8A9F-724831415CA0 (resized).jpeg
#8489 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

[quoted image]

Very cool.
Looking forward to some pics!

#8490 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

[quoted image]

Awesome! Make 2 please

#8491 5 years ago

Boot, 1 down 1 to go

32E3E9B2-A304-407E-88C4-4D99859BEFDF (resized).jpeg32E3E9B2-A304-407E-88C4-4D99859BEFDF (resized).jpegBDCFCF9A-48E3-4F33-B846-D8F449E43EFF (resized).jpegBDCFCF9A-48E3-4F33-B846-D8F449E43EFF (resized).jpeg
#8492 5 years ago

All's not well in the grid on my Tron Pro.

Last week, upon game start, the Recognizer bank continually went up & down. Suspected bad switches 52 (3-Bank Motor Down) and/or 53 (3-Bank Motor Up).
Further research revealed the 3 Recognizer 3-bank targets are also dead.

Ah-ha! Must be 2N3904 transistor Q4 for switch matrix row 4, on pin J1-P5.
(I'd had the same problem w/ row 2 in March 2017, fixed w/ a new transistor, so I still had 19 more transistors in stock: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-switch-matrix-row-2-unresponsive).

I replaced Q4, and the game behaves perfectly in switch self-test. The bank goes up & down & stops at the right spots just splendidly. The bank targets work. All other switches work. Pushing on other switches in the game, or bumping/shaking the cabinet & PF themselves do not register erroneous switch closures on the switches in row 4.

BUUUTTTTT!!!!
Gameplay is wonky & irrational!!!
Watch this video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/E1Pek8rrDFVsDSxAA

a) 00m03s: When I push start a ball kicks into the shooter lane, it registers a hit on the Recognizer bank (insert glows & cool sound is played).
b) 00m16s: When I'm batting the ball around the PF or, in this case, when I think it's draining, it registers a ton of rapid-fire hits on the Recognizer targets & announces "Battle Rinzler for Disc War Multiball" & starts spinning up the identify disc.
c) 00m22s: When ball 2 starts, the disc is spinning & its 4 flashers are flashing, but the bank stays firmly up.

This behavior is very repeatable now that I fixed (or perhaps "fixed" row 4).

I can grasp some switch matrix (column?) or other shorting weirdness that would lead to erroneous phantom switch closures on the 3-bank target, but I don't know why the 3-bank isn't going down when it starts spinning the disc in preparation for Disc Multiball.

Help me. I don't want to stay stuck & have the Grid Bugs get me!

Thanks,
-Jason

#8493 5 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

All's not well in the grid on my Tron Pro.
Last week, upon game start, the Recognizer bank continually went up & down. Suspected bad switches 52 (3-Bank Motor Down) and/or 53 (3-Bank Motor Up).
Further research revealed the 3 Recognizer 3-bank targets are also dead.
Ah-ha! Must be 2N3904 transistor Q4 for switch matrix row 4, on pin J1-P5.
(I'd had the same problem w/ row 2 in March 2017, fixed w/ a new transistor, so I still had 19 more transistors in stock: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-switch-matrix-row-2-unresponsive).
I replaced Q4, and the game behaves perfectly in switch self-test. The bank goes up & down & stops at the right spots just splendidly. The bank targets work. All other switches work. Pushing on other switches in the game, or bumping/shaking the cabinet & PF themselves do not register erroneous switch closures on the switches in row 4.
BUUUTTTTT!!!!
Gameplay is wonky & irrational!!!
Watch this video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/E1Pek8rrDFVsDSxAA
a) 00m03s: When I push start a ball kicks into the shooter lane, it registers a hit on the Recognizer bank (insert glows & cool sound is played).
b) 00m16s: When I'm batting the ball around the PF or, in this case, when I think it's draining, it registers a ton of rapid-fire hits on the Recognizer targets & announces "Battle Rinzler for Disc War Multiball" & starts spinning up the identify disc.
c) 00m22s: When ball 2 starts, the disc is spinning & its 4 flashers are flashing, but the bank stays firmly up.
This behavior is very repeatable now that I fixed (or perhaps "fixed" row 4).
I can grasp some switch matrix (column?) or other shorting weirdness that would lead to erroneous phantom switch closures on the 3-bank target, but I don't know why the 3-bank isn't going down when it starts spinning the disc in preparation for Disc Multiball.
Help me. I don't want to stay stuck & have the Grid Bugs get me!
Thanks,
-Jason

Your recogniser opto is out of alignment or loose and wobbling, breaking the beam.

#8494 5 years ago

Does anyone know how to increase the bonus multiplier in Tron? I've searched both here and the web to no avail. I think it might be just the number of times you make the Gem shot or the right orbit but haven't been able to confirm either one.

Thanks

#8495 5 years ago
Quoted from Chops00:

Does anyone know how to increase the bonus multiplier in Tron? I've searched both here and the web to no avail. I think it might be just the number of times you make the Gem shot or the right orbit but haven't been able to confirm either one.
Thanks

Gem does it.

#8496 5 years ago

Thanks for confirming that. Now to keep practicing that shot. It might be my most hated/loved shot in all the games I've played.

#8497 5 years ago
Quoted from Chops00:

Thanks for confirming that. Now to keep practicing that shot. It might be my most hated/loved shot in all the games I've played.

gem.gifgem.gif
#8498 5 years ago

FA60E9B8-7B99-400E-A7EF-FC0B88C726BA.gifFA60E9B8-7B99-400E-A7EF-FC0B88C726BA.gif

#8499 5 years ago

Entered the grid last night to try to exterminate the grid bugs that are wonking up my recognizer & disc.

Found some interesting switch matrix behavior.
Does this sound like an issue w/ a switch diode, wiring, the switch matrix chip on the MPU, other?

There's some weird correlation between row 2 & row 4 of the switch matrix. If a switch in row 2 is closed, then the corresponding row 4 switch in the same column will also close. And vice versa.
Example: When Trough #4 at row 2 column 2 is closed, then Recognizer 3-Bank at row 4 column 2 is also closed.

This explains why my 3-bank was dropping instantly--the trough switches are in the same columns as the Recognizer 3-Bank switches & the 3-Bank Motor Up/Down switches.

In self-test, even the many unused switches in row 4 show as closed when their corresponding switches in row 2 are closed (Shooter Lane, Left Outlane, etc.). See attached 2.JPG (which shows 4 balls in trough, w/ 4 corresponding switches in row 2 also closed).
Exception #1: closing Trough Jam at row 2 column 6 does not make the unused switch #54 at row 4 column 6 close. I'm guessing because Trough Jam is an opto.
Exception #2: closing Left Ramp exit switch #37 at row 3 column 5 will also close switches #34, #35, & #36 (which are all on row 3).

Other observations:
- If the 3-bank is down & switch #52 is closed as it should be, all switches seem to behave except Trough 2 switch #20 (2 above on matrix) is stuck closed.
- If the 3-bank is up & switch #53 is closed as it should be, & if there is a ball closing Trough 2 switch #20, then switch #52 is also falsely closed, & the game thinks that the 3-bank up & the 3-bank switches are both closed, hence the odd bank behavior. See attached 1.JPG.

Phew!

Any help appreciated.
If not for me, then do it for my 6yo son, who's playing the heck out of my machines these days! :]

Thanks,
-Jason

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPGThe Grid (resized).JPGThe Grid (resized).JPG
#8500 5 years ago

Added some slingspots to my tron and took out the spot lights just to see what it would be like.

Really opens up the right side

7ED203AE-6107-4430-898C-98AB8B116390 (resized).jpeg7ED203AE-6107-4430-898C-98AB8B116390 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/170?hl=soulrider911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.