IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg

There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 233.
#8401 5 years ago

After years of reading people post about the clear disc I finally made the plunge last night! Installed the disc along with a couple 3 ohm resistors to slow the motor down a bit (thanks for the info @herg) and it's amazing. Much more lively than stock and yet not crazy enough where I am worried about stuff breaking.

#8402 5 years ago

Is it just me or does this intro/track give anyone else goosebumps, it’s insanely good!

#8403 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is it just me or does this intro/track give anyone else goosebumps, it’s insanely good!

Yes, specifically at 47seconds in.

The very same goosebumps feeling as getting LITZ on Twilight Zone for the 1st time.

#8404 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

After years of reading people post about the clear disc I finally made the plunge last night! Installed the disc along with a couple 3 ohm resistors to slow the motor down a bit (thanks for the info herg) and it's amazing. Much more lively than stock and yet not crazy enough where I am worried about stuff breaking.

So... how easy is it to create the herg resistor mod for the motor? I'm assuming it's not something I can buy off the shelf? I'm completely clueless

#8405 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

So... how easy is it to create the herg resistor mod for the motor? I'm assuming it's not something I can buy off the shelf? I'm completely clueless

For someone who knows how to make connectors and has all the parts ready to go: 10 minutes max.

#8406 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I had the connectors on-hand so I just had to order the resistors. It did take about 10 minutes which includes crimping and then soldering the pins onto the resistors.

#8407 5 years ago

Ok thanks. I have none of the stuff required unfortunately Guess it could be an excuse to give it a try.

#8408 5 years ago

If anyone is looking to upgrade their TRON armor I have a complete Pinball Refinery Orange set available in the Pinside classifieds, all packed up and ready to go!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/69734

#8409 5 years ago

Yesterday I got my huo Tron LE but it has some issues.

#1:

The insert leds look like they have some ghost lights. I uploaded a video on Youtube (best seen starting at 35sec till the end):

These „ghost lights“ are also during a game.

If I do a single lamp or all lamp test, everything works fine.

#2:

It has a translite led mod preinstalled but the grey cable is loose and so half of the leds don‘t work (picture attached). I don‘t know which mod production it is so I can‘t find a manual.

#3:
The recognizer doesn‘t move synchron to the three led inserts.

I hope someone can help me to solve these problems because it is super hard to find a Tron LE in perfect shape in Europe.

Regards Hasi.

5E2FF820-4F53-4498-97F3-A0703A0EE139 (resized).jpeg5E2FF820-4F53-4498-97F3-A0703A0EE139 (resized).jpeg734A2E1F-6C54-4285-844C-147F8FD03476 (resized).jpeg734A2E1F-6C54-4285-844C-147F8FD03476 (resized).jpeg

#8410 5 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Yesterday I got my huo Tron LE but it has some issues.
#1:
The insert leds look like they have some ghost lights. I uploaded a video on Youtube (best seen starting at 35sec till the end):

#2:
It has a translite led mod preinstalled but the grey cable is loose and so half of the leds don‘t work (picture attached). I don‘t know which mod production it is so I can‘t find a manual.
#3:
The recognizer doesn‘t move synchron to the three led inserts.
I hope someone can help me to solve these problems because it is super hard to find a Tron LE in perfect shape in Europe.
Regards Hasi.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#1 - I think you are talking about the flynn insert. Reseat the ribbon cable that goes to that light board. That will probably fix that issue, if not more investigation will be needed as it looks like some power bleed. I've always been able to fix it with my light boards by reseating them (the ones that plug in).

#2 - Sorry, no clue but my assumption, without being there, would be in that hole in the middle of the panel. What goes to the other side of it?

#3 - Go into test to see how it performs. Does it go in the opposite direction by any chance? I.E. left insert lit while recognizer is at the right side? If so, it's probably just off sync.

Know this isn't a lot of help but hopefully it points you in the right direction. Moving games causes these funny bugs.

#8411 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

#1 - I think you are talking about the flynn insert. Reseat the ribbon cable that goes to that light board. That will probably fix that issue, if not more investigation will be needed as it looks like some power bleed. I've always been able to fix it with my light boards by reseating them (the ones that plug in).
#2 - Sorry, no clue but my assumption, without being there, would be in that hole in the middle of the panel. What goes to the other side of it?
#3 - Go into test to see how it performs. Does it go in the opposite direction by any chance? I.E. left insert lit while recognizer is at the right side? If so, it's probably just off sync.
Know this isn't a lot of help but hopefully it points you in the right direction. Moving games causes these funny bugs.

hi 85vet,

thx 4 for reply!

I reseated the boards but this didn't helped. The problems are all over the other inserts too, not just Flynn. During a game the Shoot Again lights up always.

I watched videos from other LEs and some have a synced recognizer, others not. I hope a first LE owner can help here how it goes out of the box.

#8412 5 years ago

There is a Recogniser test in the game menu, does it behave properly in that? (seeing left as left, right as right, etc). Will try and get a video of my LE in a bit.

Your disc plastic protector is mounted wrong by the way, it is supposed to be underneath the bit that comes with the game, yours is mounted on top of it so it's not protecting anything.

#8413 5 years ago

#1:

Try to remove the bulb of start button

#8414 5 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

hi 85vet,
thx 4 for reply!
I reseated the boards but this didn't helped. The problems are all over the other inserts too, not just Flynn. During a game the Shoot Again lights up always.
I watched videos from other LEs and some have a synced recognizer, others not. I hope a first LE owner can help here how it goes out of the box.

I don't know how useful this video will be.. my Recogniser isn't always synced with the three lights, though I can't really see how it could be since the lights change far faster than the motor moves..

#8415 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I don't know how useful this video will be.. my Recogniser isn't always synced with the three lights, though I can't really see how it could be since the lights change far faster than the motor moves..

thx!

that‘s really strange. i watched videos the last two days.

some games have a synced movement, others not.

so how it‘s designed by john b./lyman s.?

#8416 5 years ago

It might be that it's synced during certain modes? I dunno. My video was taken just as I started a game, before launching a ball.

#8417 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

mk6pin have Titan finally released the translucent slingshot rubbers I recall you mentioning a while back?

Sorry...just saw this...(off the grid lately)......yes, the 2 1/4" translucent have been out for awhile now....a perfect fit for slings on this game....

Actually had a sleepless last night......went down to the gameroom, totally dark, fired up only TronLE, and played for an hour.....man..sometimes you forget how great this game is if you don't play it for awhile......nothing quite like it...

#8418 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

It might be that it's synced during certain modes? I dunno. My video was taken just as I started a game, before launching a ball.

Mine isn’t even remotely synced. I never thought it was supposed to be.

I’ve just watched it’s behaviour and the mech always lags behind the lights. When it is a full cycle out the mech seems to wait for the light to catch up.

#8419 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Mine isn’t even remotely synced. I never thought it was supposed to be.
I’ve just watched it’s behaviour and the mech always lags behind the lights. When it is a full cycle out the mech seems to wait for the light to catch up.

Nor did I to be honest. As said I can't see how it could possibly stay synced as the lights change fairly quickly and the motor is not fast.

#8420 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Those ones will only fit on Z U or S targets.
There is a thin version that I used for the "E". The file is named "mk8_slim" which I just uploaded. I'd forgotten to upload it.
Comparison
[quoted image]

Added 13 days ago: Link here : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3022038

Any chance someone stateside could make a few sets of these for me...

I need them for TronLE, Star Trek Prem, and Ghostbusters prem. Pm me if interested, thx!

#8421 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Any chance someone stateside could make a few sets of these for me...
I need them for TronLE, Star Trek Prem, and Ghostbusters prem. Pm me if interested, thx!

Slightly different design but Mezel sells them commercially - https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721

#8422 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:Slightly different design but Mezel sells them commercially - https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721

Thank you ,
I see them, just thought someone might want to make a few bucks

#8423 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Slightly different design but Mezel sells them commercially - https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721

Do these fit all the targets on TRON? Isn’t there one target in Tron that has a slightly different fit??

#8424 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Do these fit all the targets on TRON? Isn’t there one target in Tron that has a slightly different fit??

Both styles are listed on Mezel's site, you choose which one you want depending on the target size.

#8425 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Both styles are listed on Mezel's site, you choose which one you want depending on the target size.

Sweet thanks Snakes, I don’t visit mezel much these days, but I think I’ll grab a few of these, might get some extra for my Ironman.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8426 5 years ago

For what it's worth I bought the Mezel ones and they work perfectly. I made the mistake of only ordering 2 of the smaller ones and 1 of the 2-piece one, when actually you need 3 of the small ones and 1 of the 2-piece ones.

#8427 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

For what it's worth I bought the Mezel ones and they work perfectly. I made the mistake of only ordering 2 of the smaller ones and 1 of the 2-piece one, when actually you need 3 of the small ones and 1 of the 2-piece ones.

Great info and heads up thank you.

Do you need another small one then? If so I can add an extra to my order and fire it to you via Royal Mail once it gets here.

#8428 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Great info and heads up thank you.
Do you need another small one then? If so I can add an extra to my order and fire it to you via Royal Mail once it gets here.

I do need another small one yeah, that would be very kind of you

I mistakenly thought it was just "Z" and "U" (the common ones to go off centre at the ramp entrance), but you can put one on "E" as well. "S" uses the 2 piece one.

#8429 5 years ago

If you’re feeling generous I’d really love a full set J85M !!

Only if it doesn’t cost you exponentially more

#8430 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I do need another small one yeah, that would be very kind of you
I mistakenly thought it was just "Z" and "U" (the common ones to go off centre at the ramp entrance), but you can put one on "E" as well. "S" uses the 2 piece one.

No probs I’ll add an extra one, I’ll probably get some extras for my other pins that have stand ups at the ramps, these should work great on Ironman, Star Trek and TWD my standup on the left of the prison leans over and makes the Riot shot narrower.

#8431 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

If you’re feeling generous I’d really love a full set j85m !!
Only if it doesn’t cost you exponentially more

No problem Paul I’ll order extra and let you know when they arrive to send them onto you.

#8432 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No problem Paul I’ll order extra and let you know when they arrive to send them onto you.

Very kind, thank you (:

Like you, i have several similar era Stern games that would benefit from these! *Must* save my pennies for the kid's Christmas presents though...

#8433 5 years ago

As mod costs go, particularly when you think about the quality of life improvement, these are great value. I swear I was getting more Quorra shots after installing these just from the psychosomatic effect of knowing the standup target was straight

#8434 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

As mod costs go, particularly when you think about the quality of life improvement, these are great value. I swear I was getting more Quorra shots after installing these just from the psychosomatic effect of knowing the standup target was straight

Quorra? Or Gem? I'll bet it's the latter! I often use the rebound from the right flipper > TRON targets (Pro) > Gem instead.

#8435 5 years ago

Quorra? Or Gem? I'll bet it's the latter! I often use the rebound from the right flipper > TRON targets (Pro) > Gem instead.

Definitely Quorra. He’s talking about the U target being straight up and not leaning to the right, blocking the shot.

#8436 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Definitely Quorra. He’s talking about the U target being straight up and not leaning to the right, blocking the shot.

ah, my bad.

#8437 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yup exactly. My "U" target sway was never particularly bad but just knowing it's not affecting that shot anymore seems to help me make it.

#8438 5 years ago

Very kind, thank you (:
Like you, i have several similar era Stern games that would benefit from these! *Must* save my pennies for the kid's Christmas presents though...

No problem Paul, I’ll probably order them at some point next week, I first need to get under all my games and see which splints I need for each of them.

Just thought I’d do a quick breakdown of the games I have at home, looks like the following games need:

TWD needs 2 for the prison stand up targets.

Ironman needs 4 as these get hammered and lean into the orbits or ramp entrances, as well as top monger shot.

Star Trek has 6 stand ups, 5 slim rectangle targets and the larger black hole square stand up like the S target on TRON.

BM66 1 target

Avatar 4 square stand ups that get hammered and lean, making the amp shot shot even tighter.

Goldeneye 2 at the ramps which are already tight.

#8439 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Yup exactly. My "U" target sway was never particularly bad but just knowing it's not affecting that shot anymore seems to help me make it.

A target leaning just a couple of millimetres can make the world of difference to a shot, especially a shot that’s already tight.

What games do you own?

#8440 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

A target leaning just a couple of millimetres can make the world of difference to a shot, especially a shot that’s already tight.
What games do you own?

Only Tron LE and Twilight Zone at the moment. Looking for an Addams.

#8441 5 years ago

monkeyboypaul is there any chance you could look at your Ironman and TWD and gauge if they will need single piece splint or 2 piece splint.

I am away from home now for a week so can’t take a look on mine, would be handy to know as I’m going to order a few for each machine.

Thank you in advance

#8442 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

monkeyboypaul is there any chance you could look at your Ironman and TWD and gauge if they will need single piece splint or 2 piece splint.
I am away from home now for a week so can’t take a look on mine, would be handy to know as I’m going to order a few for each machine.
Thank you in advance

Mezel has some info here - https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004028673-Which-Target-Splint-do-I-need- - but it doesn't tell you how many of each.

TWD isn't listed, but I don't know if that's because it can't use them due to the brackets (see the guidance on that page).

#8443 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thank you in advance

I can check IMVE tomorrow for you, but TWD is currently sitting at the Birmingham office right now, so can’t do that in a hurry.

#8444 5 years ago

I can check IMVE tomorrow for you, but TWD is currently sitting at the Birmingham office right now, so can’t do that in a hurry.

That would be awesome, I can check a local walking dead tomorrow.

#8445 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thank you in advance

The drone targets are the single piece. The whiplash ones are 2 piece.

#8446 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The drone targets are the single piece. The whiplash ones are 2 piece.

Awesome man thank you!

I totally forgot about the whiplash targets those things are a pain in the ass when it comes to leaning.

#8447 5 years ago

do you need to unsolder/resolder to install these?

#8448 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

do you need to unsolder/resolder to install these?

No. The target needs to be removed from the playfield and then the splint simply fits over it, then you reinstall.

I thought it would be difficult and was somewhat intimidated by it - but once you've done one you will do subsequent ones in a couple of minutes.

#8449 5 years ago

I found a HUO Tron Pro but it is nearly stock. Where and what is the best set of lighted ramps to install? It also needs LED’s , do I need an OCD board?

#8450 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I found a HUO Tron Pro but it is nearly stock. Where and what is the best set of lighted ramps to install? It also needs LED’s , do I need an OCD board?

The best ramp light kit IMO is the RedshiftLED Total Lightshow kit. The Eli kit that Pinbits sells is also a good kit.

An OCD board is not required to use LEDs, but does make them fade more smoothly like incandescent bulbs. I would say install the LEDs and see how they look to you, and if you still want them to look smoother you can get the LED OCD.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 49.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
12,028 (OBO)
There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/169?hl=aukraut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.