(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,055 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by jp335i
  • Topic is favorited by 134 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 389 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    19%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(550 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,203 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg
7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3239 (resized).jpg
IMG_3237 (resized).jpg
IMG_3201 (resized).jpg
IMG_3198 (resized).jpg
IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1930 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
71703595-04CC-40A2-9570-F1C237A70400 (resized).jpeg
88BA2A41-B3A9-4A82-8554-E48B0A7DC409.jpeg
74523D42-985D-4F8A-B1CD-C14E877893A4 (resized).jpeg
20190421_125801 (resized).jpg
20190402_162223 (resized).jpg
Tron-Legacy-WallPaper-tron-legacy-24853362-1919-826 (resized).png

There are 9055 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 182.
#8351 8 months ago

Can you really install LE code on the Tron pro? Does Daft Punk Multiball work and does the DMD change with it too?

#8352 8 months ago

PM me too. I'm interested in the LE code if it works on the Pro but with original music. I think I asked this before but does it also include Daft Punk multi-ball mode? I wonder if the DMT works appropriately with animation of Daft Punk as well?

Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

You’re a legend! TRON’s the only game I use a modified audio Rom in, because it really improves things. Currently using an early version from this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-music-remix-video-made-with-pinball-browser
But I’m ready for a change, so if you're willing I’d be very happy to give it your customised version or the modified stock version a whirl? PM me maybe.
Mine’s a Pro. Modified, naturally

#8353 8 months ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Can you really install LE code on the Tron pro? Does Daft Punk Multiball work and does the DMD change with it too?

LE code does not work with pro machine.

#8354 8 months ago

Yes, DO NOT put the LE code on your Pro game. It wont work and could potentially mess up your game in theory if it would even install.

#8356 8 months ago

I wish my Pro had the same modes as the LE. Fukin Stern.

#8357 8 months ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

I wish my Pro had the same modes as the LE. Fukin Stern.

I prefer what JJP and CGC do where the difference is just bling.

#8358 8 months ago

I agree!

Quoted from rai:

I prefer what JJP and CGC do where the difference is just bling.

#8359 8 months ago

I was just reading the rules from Pinball News review.

Has anything changed overall from those rules with the later updates?

I learned a good bit like the add a ball for Quorra multiball. And how to add time to the hurry ups.

#8360 8 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yes, DO NOT put the LE code on your Pro game. It wont work and could potentially mess up your game in theory if it would even install.

Anyone know where I might find the modified audio for the Pro?

#8361 8 months ago

Does anyone by chance have any installation photos for the Stern target splints for this (and other) games?

The Quorra target is as we all know susceptible to sideways movement, so I bought some splints from Mezelmods. They kindly pointed me in the direction of some textual instructions (thanks to 85vett) but I'm struggling to visualise it...

Was quietly hoping someone might have photos to correspond to the instructions. Long shot I know.

The instructions are here: https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202025015-Stern-Stand-Up-Target-Splints but the photos only show the finished install

#8362 8 months ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Does anyone by chance have any installation photos for the Stern target splints for this (and other) games?
The Quorra target is as we all know susceptible to sideways movement, so I bought some splints from Mezelmods. They kindly pointed me in the direction of some textual instructions (thanks to 85vett) but I'm struggling to visualise it...
Was quietly hoping someone might have photos to correspond to the instructions. Long shot I know.
The instructions are here: https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202025015-Stern-Stand-Up-Target-Splints but the photos only show the finished install

Does this help? I have a few photos on there.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3022038

These were my own design but I'd guess they should work in a similar way so should attach in the same way.

#8363 8 months ago

Man....Lots of games out there...But spent quality time on the grid tonight....The machine is still amazing!!! Love Tron!!!

#8364 8 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man....Lots of games out there...But spent quality time on the grid tonight....The machine is still amazing!!! Love Tron!!!

I feel exactly the same. I have a few games to play and even if I have just gotten something new I end up playing a lot of games on my Tron!

#8365 8 months ago
Quoted from koops:

These were my own design but I'd guess they should work in a similar way so should attach in the same way.

Thanks, that's helpful.

#8366 8 months ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Replying to myself...

Turns out this was nowhere near as complicated as I thought it would be. Should've probably had a go at it before asking for photos really. I got the L bracket wrong the first time I tried to reinstall it, but after that it was plain sailing. They work really well, I suddenly find myself able to get the Quorra shot fairly consistently, even though my target wasn't really way off centre.. strange that.

Now.. balls.. I recently took the ramps off my Tron LE because the orbit around the back had a black ball trail going around it. The black trail came off really easily with isopropyl alcohol, so it wasn't a regular trail I guess. When I fitted the splints yesterday I took the balls out of the pin and noticed that all 4 of them had black marks on them. The marks came off with a cloth, but I guess these are the source of black trails? Is this all because of the black rubber spinning disc? Is there any solution besides fitting a clear disc? (I hear it is pretty violent, I don't want to risk having balls destroying plastics)

#8367 8 months ago
Quoted from Durzel:

The marks came off with a cloth, but I guess these are the source of black trails? Is this all because of the black rubber spinning disc? Is there any solution besides fitting a clear disc? (I hear it is pretty violent, I don't want to risk having balls destroying plastics)

This is what is known as "TronCoat", the short answer is yes its because of the disc, the best way to fix is to replace with clear discs, and if you buy a set of plastic protectors you will be fine.. I think the game is even more interesting with the clear discs....

#8368 8 months ago

Damn.

I've heard some horror stories about the clear disc But at the same time I really don't want to have to endlessly clean the playfield, and particularly take off the ramps to get to the orbits

Anyone have any videos of gameplay with the clear disc?

#8369 8 months ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Damn.
I've heard some horror stories about the clear disc But at the same time I really don't want to have to endlessly clean the playfield, and particularly take off the ramps to get to the orbits

The clear disc really is the way to go. Yes, the first 50-100 plays are an adventure, as the clear disc will put some wicked speed and spin on the ball, but then it settles down to be just perfect. Best of all is the ball trails all stop. The clear disc with Titan silicone rubbers keep the game clean and playing fast!

#8370 8 months ago
Quoted from koops:

Thanks for this link, my friend printed out a couple for me today--looking forward to the install and fix for leaning targets!

#8371 8 months ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Damn.

If you install the clear disc I highly recommend Herg’s mod for the motor. You’ll still get tons of spin the ball won’t travel so fast that it’ll destroy your game.

Here’s Herg’s post about it in this thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/154#post-4366853

#8372 8 months ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Thanks for this link, my friend printed out a couple for me today--looking forward to the install and fix for leaning targets!

Those ones will only fit on Z U or S targets.

There is a thin version that I used for the "E". The file is named "mk8_slim" which I just uploaded. I'd forgotten to upload it.

Comparison

IMG_4199 (resized).JPG

Added 8 months ago:

Link here : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3022038

#8373 8 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

The clear disc really is the way to go. Yes, the first 50-100 plays are an adventure, as the clear disc will put some wicked speed and spin on the ball, but then it settles down to be just perfect. Best of all is the ball trails all stop. The clear disc with Titan silicone rubbers keep the game clean and playing fast!

I replaced all of the rubbers with Titan clear silicone, so that has cut down on the dirt a bit but the fact the balls are ending up with black rubber on them means they must be depositing it all over the place

Will have a look at herg's resistor mod (thanks kickabit) as a solution. I don't get the chance to play mine enough to have to wait 50+ games before it stops firing it out like a bullet.

#8374 8 months ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I replaced all of the rubbers with Titan clear silicone, so that has cut down on the dirt a bit but the fact the balls are ending up with black rubber on them means they must be depositing it all over the place

Welcome to pinball

Those clear titans will certainly help, other than that give the balls a good clean every so often and keep the main playfield clean as well as clean the disc itself and you will cut down on rubber dirt massively!

#8375 8 months ago

i use superband polyurethane everywhere; way less messy. they just don't get dirty, because they're not as porous as standard rubber or silicone. even the colored ones are translucent, so light comes through them; very shiny. they're beautiful. also, they'll probably last forever.

game plays ultra fast, too. not like it needs to be faster though.

#8376 8 months ago
Quoted from koops:

There is a thin version that I used for the "E". The file is named "mk8_slim" which I just uploaded. I'd forgotten to upload it.
Comparison
[quoted image]

Really??? I had never heard of these, and I dropped in to post a pic of my targets I just straightened again. I need to get a set of these! I hate how they change gameplay until I get my lazy butt under the playfield.

Do splints change play at all?

A3B106E5-ABE6-4AC5-A994-51C998D4327C (resized).jpeg

#8377 8 months ago

mk6pin have Titan finally released the translucent slingshot rubbers I recall you mentioning a while back?

#8378 8 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Do splints change play at all?
[quoted image]

Id say it doesn't really "change" rather reverts back to when it came out of the factory new. It really just depends on which direction it was leaning and what it was making easier or harder.

ie. a U target leaning right makes the ramp easier but quora and gem (via left upper flipper) harder.

If you have had targets that have been leaning for a long time and you've gotten used to it then using these will make it feel odd for certain shots.

#8379 8 months ago

Apocryphal but I found the Quorra shot much easier after I fitted (Mezelmods) splints. Got it several times in the first game I played afterwards. My target wasn't leaning a huge amount but enough to catch the ball if it rolled down from that area. I guess psychologically it was affecting my play... or it could have just been a fluke.

It's a cheap quality of life fix that's worth doing in my opinion.

#8380 8 months ago
Quoted from koops:

Id say it doesn't really "change" rather reverts back to when it came out of the factory new. It really just depends on which direction it was leaning and what it was making easier or harder.
ie. a U target leaning right makes the ramp easier but quora and gem (via left upper flipper) harder.
If you have had targets that have been leaning for a long time and you've gotten used to it then using these will make it feel odd for certain shots.

Do you have any pictures of this installed on the pin??

#8381 8 months ago
Quoted from rai:

This is what the Mezelmods ones look like: https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202025015-Stern-Stand-Up-Target-Splints

#8382 8 months ago
Quoted from rai:

yep.

(adding via mobile now)

IMG_4209 (resized).JPGIMG_4208 (resized).JPGIMG_4207 (resized).JPGIMG_4206 (resized).JPG

#8383 8 months ago
Quoted from koops:

Comparison
[quoted image]

Are these sold somewhere ?

I’ll buy.

#8384 8 months ago

https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721

You want the single piece ones for the "Z", "U" and "E" targets. The "S" target requires the 2 piece one.

True story - My friends Tron was the reason I came up with the idea and got with Mezel to have them developed and made. At a min I think every owner should have one on the "U" target as it keeps that one straight. That one leaning really impacts the game play of this game.

I really wish they were still a couple bucks a piece but I sold my rights to them a couple years ago of which price increased

#8385 8 months ago

All you guys need to do is pull the standup target out, get a nutdriver and tighten the living shit out of the two screws. I did that a year ago when I picked up mine and they haven't moved. Absolutely no need to buy these splints.

#8386 8 months ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

All you guys need to do is pull the standup target out, get a nutdriver and tighten the living shit out of the two screws. I did that a year ago when I picked up mine and they haven't moved. Absolutely no need to buy these splints.

You were lucky. Tightening them that much generally either breaks the bolt or strips the backing. Those bolts are tiny, can't handle much tension strength and don't have a lot of thread into the backing.

This does work but in my experience it was always temporary or led to breaking of the bracket.

#8387 8 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You were lucky. Tightening them that much generally either breaks the bolt or strips the backing. Those bolts are tiny, can't handle much tension strength and don't have a lot of thread into the backing.
This does work but in my experience it was always temporary or led to breaking of the bracket.

You must be tougher than me then. I've done this to all my Borg pins with those stand up targets and never had a problem. Tron, Iron Man, Metallica. Once tightened they don't move.

#8388 8 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721
You want the single piece ones for the "Z", "U" and "E" targets. The "S" target requires the 2 piece one.
True story - My friends Tron was the reason I came up with the idea and got with Mezel to have them developed and made. At a min I think every owner should have one on the "U" target as it keeps that one straight. That one leaning really impacts the game play of this game.
I really wish they were still a couple bucks a piece but I sold my rights to them a couple years ago of which price increased

You can print them yourself for about 5 cents worth of filament using the Thingiverse link provided earlier.

Not the same design but should work the same if not better. On mine you just put the entire target through the gap and then slide it in to lock it down. No desoldering required like those wrap around ones either.

#8389 8 months ago

Oh yeah......finally got a shooter rod deserving to be on my TRON!!!

IMG_6285 (resized).JPG

IMG_6287 (resized).JPG

IMG_6286 (resized).JPG

#8390 8 months ago
Quoted from koops:

You can print them yourself for about 5 cents worth of filament using the Thingiverse link provided earlier.
Not the same design but should work the same if not better. On mine you just put the entire target through the gap and then slide it in to lock it down. No desoldering required like those wrap around ones either.

Installed my Z and U today--fit perfectly.

#8391 8 months ago
Quoted from koops:

Point of clarification. Desoldering is not required. Curious how well your style is holding up. That was my first Avenue but they were breaking when built thin enough to work on games like x-men.

#8392 8 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Point of clarification. Desoldering is not required. Curious how well your style is holding up. That was my first Avenue but they were breaking when built thin enough to work on games like x-men.

The full-size Thingy isn't going anywhere. My buddy was surprised at how much plastic went into it, he figured it could have been made with a lot less.

#8393 8 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I do have an xmen but I havn't put any in yet.

The slim version may fit.

Quoted from Billy16:

The full-size Thingy isn't going anywhere. My buddy was surprised at how much plastic went into it, he figured it could have been made with a lot less.

correct. You can adjust your infill to reduce how much plastic is in it however this reduces how rigid ends up being. 10% infill vs 50% infill is only 14% more plastic overall or around 1 cent difference in total cost.

Edit: just checked my xmen. One of my magneto targets was leaning.

Checked the target and Lo and behold it had one of the broken splits!

Looks like both of my versions would fit.

IMG_4224 (resized).JPGIMG_4223 (resized).JPG

Replaced with regular one.

IMG_4237 (resized).JPG

Originals. Looks like the previous owner(s) tightened these down too much.

IMG_4239 (resized).JPG

#8394 8 months ago

Ahhhh......like the candy apple blue so much better than the orange.....Thanks Gio!!

TRON B&A (resized).jpg
#8395 8 months ago

Any Tron owners rocking TNA in their collection? What are your thoughts about TNA?

I’m about to receive my TNA though it was similar due to music and fast playing although not as much flow as Tron (ramps).

One thing I dig about TNA is the color changing light show and the soundtrack really sucks you into the gameplay much like Tron.

#8396 8 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Ahhhh......like the candy apple blue so much better than the orange.....Thanks Gio!![quoted image]

Been thinking about the blue as well but not sure if that is sacrilegious to do to an LE. I like the chrome but it's impossible to keep clean.

#8397 8 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Any Tron owners rocking TNA in their collection? What are your thoughts about TNA?
I’m about to receive my TNA though it was similar due to music and fast playing although not as much flow as Tron (ramps).
One thing I dig about TNA is the color changing light show and the soundtrack really sucks you into the gameplay much like Tron.

TNA is no Tron, I hope you like it more than I did. Then again, I didn't think much of Tron the first few times I casually played it. After spending real time on it I got it and bought one. TNA is so limited in gameplay I don't expect I'll change my mind about it--but you never know...

#8398 8 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Been thinking about the blue as well but not sure if that is sacrilegious to do to an LE. I like the chrome but it's impossible to keep clean.

Black Chrome takes an LE to the next level!

#8399 8 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Oh yeah......finally got a shooter rod deserving to be on my TRON!!!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That is sweet! Where do you get?

#8400 8 months ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

That is sweet! Where do you get?

Super Skill Shot Shop here on Pinside made it for me....

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1057-super-skill-shot-shop

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Bernardo , CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 50.00
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 9055 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside