(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,057 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by jp335i
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 389 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    19%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(550 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,203 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg
7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3239 (resized).jpg
IMG_3237 (resized).jpg
IMG_3201 (resized).jpg
IMG_3198 (resized).jpg
IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1930 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
71703595-04CC-40A2-9570-F1C237A70400 (resized).jpeg
88BA2A41-B3A9-4A82-8554-E48B0A7DC409.jpeg
74523D42-985D-4F8A-B1CD-C14E877893A4 (resized).jpeg
20190421_125801 (resized).jpg
20190402_162223 (resized).jpg
Tron-Legacy-WallPaper-tron-legacy-24853362-1919-826 (resized).png

There are 9057 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 182.
#8301 9 months ago
Quoted from kickabit:

I just purchased the Tron sideblades from Retro Refurbs. They shipped out of Slovenia.

Thanks kickabit I was pretty certain the info I was told was correct, be interested to see photos of the art blades from RR so be sure to post some photos.

#8302 9 months ago

What are the sideblades like? I’m having trouble fitting mirror blades to mine as there’s virtually no gap at the sides (great planning on my part!!). I was wondering about the scratch proof blad s they do.

#8303 9 months ago

Someone find me someone states-side that can print translites, I don't seem to know anyone that can do it correctly other than the fellow that only does one-offs

#8304 9 months ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

What are the sideblades like? I’m having trouble fitting mirror blades to mine as there’s virtually no gap at the sides (great planning on my part!!). I was wondering about the scratch proof blad s they do.

No need for scratch proof blades use these https://pu-parts.com/pinball-assembly-blades they will protect any artblades or mirror blades you install.

#8305 9 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks kickabit I was pretty certain the info I was told was correct, be interested to see photos of the art blades from RR so be sure to post some photos.

Yes, I'll snap some pictures and post them here when I install them. The print quality looks pretty good. The shipping box on the other had is not so great. They shipped it in a medium sized box with thin cardboard so it got squashed during shipping. Some creases on the edges. According to their site the creases will come out once decals are installed. Just need to use a heat gun or blow dryer to heat up the surface of the decal once it's on the game.

#8306 9 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Someone find me someone states-side that can print translites, I don't seem to know anyone that can do it correctly other than the fellow that only does one-offs

How about this place? I've never used them.

https://www.gameongrafix.com/customer-designed/pinball-translite

This is the thread where I found out about them. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-it-yourself-translites-and-plexi-replica-backglasses#post-117231

#8307 9 months ago

I’ve had him do some work for me in the past, I’ll give gog a shot

2 weeks later
#8308 9 months ago

Does it bother you guys that there is no call out for super pops, super scoring, spinners? On the pro, I think the LE has that (is that true)?

#8309 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Does it bother you guys that there is no call out for super pops, super scoring, spinners? On the pro, I think the LE has that (is that true)?

Yes, it is true if their isn't anything on the Pro. Playing my LE I hear them as well as the apron starts to strobe letting me know I'm in a mode.

#8310 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes, it does, and there’s no valid reason for it!

I’ve reported it to Stern 2 or 3 times over the last 3yrs too. Even to their new code/report email address... no reply - it’s never going to get fixed, sadly.

#8311 9 months ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Yes, it does, and there’s no valid reason for it!
I’ve reported it to Stern 2 or 3 times over the last 3yrs too. Even to their new code/report email address... no reply - it’s never going to get fixed, sadly.

I was curious, I sent a note too about it (and a bug in ST) and never got a word if they even received the note.

If it's already coded for the LE (call outs etc.) you would think it would be easy enough to slip into the pro code.

#8312 9 months ago

They could do that with Daft Punk Multiball though...

Perhaps they see those audio callouts as added value for the LE?

#8313 9 months ago
Quoted from Durzel:

They could do that with Daft Punk Multiball though...
Perhaps they see those audio callouts as added value for the LE?

The LE’s can keep that one

The TRON awards are standard gameplay features.

#8314 9 months ago

I don't disagree that it's silly that it's not included, just postulating why Stern might've thought to remove it as a "look what you get with an LE" upsell rather than something legitimately value-add like the fiber optics.

#8315 9 months ago

The call outs are likely a small oversight, around that time at Stern, code was being given about 3 months to complete start to finish by Lyman and Lonnie.

#8316 9 months ago

They do have callouts. They are sound effects rather than voice. It hasn’t been left out. It’s a deliberate difference.

#8317 9 months ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

They do have callouts. They are sound effects rather than voice. It hasn’t been left out. It’s a deliberate difference.

Hmm... seems like they could be swapped back to the voices then in PinballBrowser? I'll look into this.

#8319 9 months ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Hmm... seems like they could be swapped back to the voices then in PinballBrowser? I'll look into this.

That would be nice if possible.

#8320 9 months ago

Regarding call outs. I think it's interesting the different approaches used, like Tron has a call out for Quorra or Zeuse (etc.) but it's not talking all over the game.

I was watching Iron Maiden video and it was all the time saying "shoot the right ramp" "Shoot the left ramp" whenever you hit a letter it would call out "M" and it was also counting down the time by the second.

I think that's crazy. I don't have too much time on Maiden but it just sounds way too talkative.

#8321 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Regarding call outs. I think it's interesting the different approaches used, like Tron has a call out for Quorra or Zeuse (etc.) but it's not talking all over the game.
I was watching Iron Maiden video and it was all the time saying "shoot the right ramp" "Shoot the left ramp" whenever you hit a letter it would call out "M" and it was also counting down the time by the second.
I think that's crazy. I don't have too much time on Maiden but it just sounds way too talkative.

Maybe not, there is so much going on in Maiden I'll take all the help I can get!

#8322 9 months ago

Actually that's the thing I dislike the most too on Iron Maiden... the game telling me too much what to do..
Shoot the sarcophagus, shoot the, shoot the...

#8323 8 months ago

The source sounds aren’t there. I was going to export them from my LE and bring them in that way. Sold the LE though. But yes, could be done like that.

#8324 8 months ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The source sounds aren’t there. I was going to export them from my LE and bring them in that way. Sold the LE though. But yes, could be done like that.

Bummer, and unfortunately the LE code is not available for download on Stern's website

#8325 8 months ago

Bummer, and unfortunately the LE code is not available for download on Stern's website

Here you go dude found it for you http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-tron-pr

#8326 8 months ago

I can confirm, Tron is still awesome and I still love it.

#8327 8 months ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

I can confirm, Tron is still awesome and I still love it.

Agree 100% doubt I will ever sell mine!

#8328 8 months ago

back in 2015 i sold my fully modded tron pro.

in the meantime i bought some nib games but tron is something special.

i´m now back in the club with a limited edition.

...loving it to the end. it will stay at my collection forever.

#8329 8 months ago
Quoted from Hasi:

back in 2015 i sold my fully modded tron pro.
in the meantime i bought some nib games but tron is something special.
i´m now back in the club with a limited edition.
...loving it to the end. it will stay at my collection forever.

You have an awesome collection!

Now get TRON out of your wishlist and back into your collection

Any gameroom pictures?

#8330 8 months ago
Quoted from Hasi:

in the meantime i bought some nib games

Hey that’s what I’m struggling with, can sell Tron for something new like Maiden but don’t want to sell Tron. (Unless there is a future Vault edition).

#8331 8 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey that’s what I’m struggling with, can sell Tron for something new like Maiden but don’t want to sell Tron. (Unless there is a future Vault edition).

don‘t make the same mistake!

#8332 8 months ago

Awesome, thank you.

So.. I don't even know what sound effects denote the start of super spinners, super pops, etc. on the Pro, either I don't notice them at all or I'm so used to them they blend in. Anybody know the sound calls? Otherwise I'll just do some testing with the glass off to get familiar with the sounds and hunt through the Pro rom to find them. Then I'll hunt through the LE rom to find the voice callouts, and hopefully the time allotted for the Pro effects can support the LE voice callouts.

#8333 8 months ago

i‘m looking for these two plastics which are matching the pinbits plastic upgrade set. does someone know where i can get them?

D575A0A4-8F16-4092-B547-6CFCC84D1A83 (resized).jpeg

#8334 8 months ago
Quoted from Hasi:

i‘m looking for these two plastics. does someone know where i can get them?
[quoted image]

http://www.gamestencils.com/pin-parts/tron-ramp-covers

#8335 8 months ago

Awesome, thank you.
So.. I don't even know what sound effects denote the start of super spinners, super pops, etc. on the Pro, either I don't notice them at all or I'm so used to them they blend in. Anybody know the sound calls? Otherwise I'll just do some testing with the glass off to get familiar with the sounds and hunt through the Pro rom to find them. Then I'll hunt through the LE rom to find the voice callouts, and hopefully the time allotted for the Pro effects can support the LE voice callouts.

I would think the sounds are at the same markers in the software for both Pro and LE, so if you know what they are on the LE it might be easier to start there. Only played with the browser a few times, so could be wrong.

#8336 8 months ago

So I am digging through the LE sounds, I found one callout where the system voice says "Pop bumpers are flashing"

Is that the super pops callout you guys are talking about? What does she say for the super spinners and double scoring callouts?

edit: That can't be the right super pops callout, it's present in the Pro code at the same location.

#8337 8 months ago

So I am digging through the LE sounds, I found one callout where the system voice says "Pop bumpers are flashing"
Is that the super pops callout you guys are talking about? What does she say for the super spinners and double scoring callouts?

There are two different ones for each.
The male voice says, “Double scoring is active on the grid”
Female just “Double scoring” I think from memory.
Others escape me right now.

THere are also some in there that aren’t used. I think the pop bumper one you referenced is not the actual call used.

#8338 8 months ago

just played Maiden premium (great pin) but Tron is safe in my collection. Tron feels more organic (dare I say AFM-like)?

#8339 8 months ago
Quoted from rai:

just played Maiden premium (great pin) but Tron is safe in my collection. Tron feels more organic (dare I say AFM-like)?

Tron feels like no other game in my collection and I never get tired of playing it. There was a short time after I bought my LE that I was thinking I was crazy for taking the plunge. But definitely no regrets. Will be the last game that ever leaves my collection.

#8340 8 months ago

Ok guys here are the LE voice callout locations for the Tron awards and corresponding sound effect locations from the Pro.

LE:
Female: "Double scoring initiated" 0x16D Request 256
Male: "Double scoring is active on the grid" 0x1B1 Request 256
Female: "Pop bumpers are lit" 0x169 Request 258
Female: "Shoot spinning targets" 0x166 Request 260

Pro:
Super Pops: 0x1B Request 69
Double Scoring: 0xB1 Request 246
Super Spinners: 0xB3 Request 248

If there are additional LE Male voices for pops and spinners I haven't found them and they aren't grouped together in the same request like double scoring is.

#8341 8 months ago

I've started having an issue with my auto launcher. At the start of multiballs it can fail to launch a ball past the first one way gate.

I pulled the mech apart and it seems fine. Upon reinstalling it I noticed some small marks that indicate that it was impacting with the playfield.
My guess is that much of the power is going into the pf instead of the ball.

IMG_4157 (resized).JPG
IMG_4158 (resized).JPG

There is little to no play in the mech when it isn't screwed down tight so I am not sure on what other adjustments I can do to stop the launch arm from touching the pf.

I tried holding it back as far as I could while locking it down tight and it seemed to fix it for about 2 games and then it was back to normal shortly after.

Ideas?

Just had another look. Does the auto launcher coil have a coil stop (like the bumper coils) that it should be hitting or does the coil shaft go the whole way down?

IMG_4159 (resized).JPG

#8342 8 months ago

Ok guys here are the LE voice callout locations for the Tron awards and corresponding sound effect locations from the Pro.
LE:
Female: "Double scoring initiated" 0x16D Request 256
Male: "Double scoring is active on the grid" 0x1B1 Request 256
Female: "Pop bumpers are lit" 0x169 Request 258
Female: "Shoot spinning targets" 0x166 Request 260
Pro:
Super Pops: 0x1B Request 69
Double Scoring: 0xB1 Request 246
Super Spinners: 0xB3 Request 248
If there are additional LE Male voices for pops and spinners I haven't found them and they aren't grouped together in the same request like double scoring is.

Just made the swaps tonight and it works perfectly! The Pro sound effect lengths support the length of the LE voice callouts so there is no cutting off. It is much better, I hardly even noticed the sound effects before but the voice callouts and clear and crisp.

#8343 8 months ago

Just made the swaps tonight and it works perfectly! The Pro sound effect lengths support the length of the LE voice callouts so there is no cutting off. It is much better, I hardly even noticed the sound effects before but the voice callouts and clear and crisp.

Great, probably was an oversight by Lyman or Lonny.

Could you make this available for share?

#8344 8 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Would absolutely sacrifice my high scores for this

#8345 8 months ago

I’d be interested in this too if you make it available.

#8346 8 months ago

As I was debating to sell my Tron I came to realize how special it is, while I love TWD, Iron Man, Metallica as pinball machines. None of them come as close to the fusion of theme and machine as Tron. With the disc battle or light cycle modes you actually feel like you are part of the action (theme).

And the call outs are so great. I love IM for this too.

6FF578F3-8F96-41B7-9AA3-C8C77576B98D (resized).jpeg

#8347 8 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Great, probably was an oversight by Lyman or Lonny.

I can do that. I modified my already modified code which has some other music swaps done. I'll make one based off the stock code. I elected to use the female voice for double scoring for consistency of all 3 callouts.

#8348 8 months ago

What other music swaps did you do?

I’d love to have a copy of both codes myself.

#8349 8 months ago

I can do that. I modified my already modified code which has some other music swaps done. I'll make one based off the stock code. I elected to use the female voice for double scoring for consistency of all 3 callouts.

You’re a legend! TRON’s the only game I use a modified audio Rom in, because it really improves things. Currently using an early version from this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-music-remix-video-made-with-pinball-browser

But I’m ready for a change, so if you're willing I’d be very happy to give it your customised version or the modified stock version a whirl? PM me maybe.

Mine’s a Pro. Modified, naturally

#8350 8 months ago

+1 for both versions! I love trying new mixes on this game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 279.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
$ 26.50
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Bernardo , CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9057 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside