tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 233.
#8251 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Does it count if I got to Portal only AFTER completing the last modes via SOS? If so I've gotten to Portal a couple times

That portal light comes on and you start portal so - Yes

Most of the time I get their via SOS as well as for some reason Light Cycle is hard for me to complete. Not sure why as it's only 3 shots during the MB. Keep in mind as well while in SOS a shot to the right loop will light the Scoop which when shot advances a SOS shot. Easier way to complete GEM that way for instance if you didn't complete her during normal game play.

#8252 5 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

The left ramp has a small break at the entrance. I think I could cover it with a cliffy but I can't seem to find them in stock. I would like to get the entire cliffy set for it.

Speak to Cliffy directly. I bought my arcade scoop and even some universal slot protectors from him. Took a little bit of time but was reassured that they were genuine etc.

#8253 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Keep in mind as well while in SOS a shot to the right loop will light the Scoop which when shot advances a SOS shot

In SOS, a shot to the right loop turns on the trough magnet which grabs the ball anywhere on the playfield and pulls it towards the drain. I’ve seen it happen enough to know.

#8254 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

In SOS, a shot to the right loop turns on the trough magnet which grabs the ball anywhere on the playfield and pulls it towards the drain. I’ve seen it happen enough to know.

Don't forget it also increases bumper sensitivity by 438.7% (yes, it's very specific). Which makes passing through clean a tougher shot.

#8255 5 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Looking for a Tron Le if someone is thinking of selling theirs.

I may be willing to sell my LE. It is HUO low plays and has a lot of mods.

#8256 5 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I may be willing to sell my LE.

Translation - If you offer your first born and one hundred billion dollars.

billion (resized).jpgbillion (resized).jpg
#8257 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Reverse the polarity on the magnet. Duh.... That's the real trick.

Gotta put in the super secret code before you plunge your ball though. I'll share it here but only if you promise not to let it out. (remember to use both flippers together)
- .-. --- -. / .. ... / - .... . / -... . ... -

#8258 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

https://www.pinball.co.uk/product/tron/cliffy-tron-protector-kit-3-pc/
https://www.pinball.co.uk/product/tron/510-5133-00-tron-left-ramp/
Only place I know that has them in stock. For the protectors, e-mail cliffy. he will make you some but will be a couple months (last I checked). I bought from Pinball Heaven so I didn't have to wait. Was more expensive due to international shipping and conversion of the dollar. They also have the left ramp as well.

How long does it normally take to receive a shipment from them? I have never placed an overseas order before?

#8259 5 years ago

Want to say it was 2 weeks. They are closed till end of Aug right now but still better than cliffys 2 month wait (assuming his backlog is still the same).

#8260 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

for some reason Light Cycle is hard for me to complete. Not sure why as it's only 3 shots during the MB.

2fynei (resized).jpg2fynei (resized).jpg
#8261 5 years ago

Is there somewhere 5v available in the backbox, to light the portal flow mod?

#8262 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

- .-. --- -. / .. ... / - .... . / -... . ... -

Yes it is!

#8263 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I'm pretty sure their is but I'll let someone else confirm as I'm away from my games today.

#8264 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Yes.
5D7D1360-B021-4E3B-BD72-52A1CC89F9F8 (resized).jpeg5D7D1360-B021-4E3B-BD72-52A1CC89F9F8 (resized).jpeg
376D87AC-6BB6-4F77-8581-3E96B1A6E1C7 (resized).jpeg376D87AC-6BB6-4F77-8581-3E96B1A6E1C7 (resized).jpeg

#8265 5 years ago

Why stop at the portal animation kit?

Christmas is only 4 months away, people!!! Come on! Time to start comparing, testing, & scheming this year's external house decoration upgrades.
Last year it was using clips to hang simple dangly icicle lights along the garage, accentuated with a laser projector turning the house into a galaxy.

Those are tired.

Tron portal LED chase kit is wired:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fNQJbiuZGnLikxdA7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GW7bY1Ebrw64BeG69

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jGCeH3bWQAfzGFuX8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iMsMCkWeXRzRxGHP8

Test 1 competed today. In a minute, ordering oodles more reels of addressable LED strip.

End of line.
-Jason

#8266 5 years ago

Someone has gone crazy and I like it!

I'll have to admit I'm buying some strips as well for the house

#8267 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

So you got me wondering. The manual says:
- Both left flippers are 23-1500's which is significantly weaker than the 23-900's that both of my lower flippers has.
- Right flipper is 23-1080
Think I'm going to order two of those 23-1500's to see how it plays.

Update on this. I chickened out and bought the 23-1100 coils instead of the 23-1500 and put them on as i was afraid the change from 900 to 1500 would be to great of a difference. Both worked great and since it improved the feel of, at least my game I grew some man parts and ordered the 23-1500 coils.

I'll slap them on and report back. I'm thinking the 23-1500 may be a bit to weak for the right flipper but we will find out but I still think the lower left flipper could use a little less power. Game played so much better with the 23-1100 in all 3 flippers though. Figured worst case i swap back to the 23-1100's and have a couple extra coils for my parts bin.

#8268 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yes.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ok thay one was taken by the arcade mod. I think i will add it to that

#8269 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Ok thay one was taken by the arcade mod. I think i will add it to that

You can push into here..

82D3C8EC-60CE-4CD7-9153-BE6EBC7D5F50 (resized).jpeg82D3C8EC-60CE-4CD7-9153-BE6EBC7D5F50 (resized).jpeg
#8270 5 years ago

Quick one - do you guys go with frosted bulbs everywhere in the GI? (those that have changed to LEDs)

#8271 5 years ago

yep; frosted.

#8272 5 years ago

For Tron, yes

#8273 5 years ago

Thanks both

#8274 5 years ago

Yes, frosted for GI.

Replaced the clears with frosted in MET Pro too (as part of the Total Lightshow installation).

#8275 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Yes, frosted for GI.
Replaced the clears with frosted in MET Pro too (as part of the Total Lightshow installation).

All of the ones in mine currently - fitted by the previous owner - are clear, even the ones I can see directly and in reflection in the mirror blades, as well as the ones in the playfield backboard. They're all Comet LEDs though, which is something I suppose.

I've come to the conclusion that this is the reason my LE ramp lights are washed out a bit during gameplay. During the bonus sequence (when the GI is off) they are bright and vibrant, so I know they are connected up right. I think the GI is overpowering it a bit.

I've bought several sets of frosted 1 and 2 SMD bulbs from Comet, in sunlight, natural and ice blue. Will probably use your advice of not using 2 SMD above the slings. Hopefully I will see an improvement.

#8276 5 years ago

Anyone know if the arcade mod is still being made or sold? Anyone with a used one willing to part with it? Any version is fine.

#8277 5 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Anyone know if the arcade mod is still being made or sold? Anyone with a used one willing to part with it? Any version is fine.

Here is the website, although looks like it hasn't been updated since last year. Send him an email through that website and you should find out quickly if any are in stock or if you need to get on the list for the next run.

http://www.usbjig.com/tronminicab.html

#8278 5 years ago

Looking for Tron girls to go riding! New plate finally arrived!!!
IMG_1605 (resized).JPGIMG_1605 (resized).JPG
IMG_1609 (resized).JPGIMG_1609 (resized).JPG

#8279 5 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Looking for Tron girls to go riding! New plate finally arrived!!!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Bike looks nice man!
What model is it?

#8280 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Bike looks nice man!
What model is it?

Yeah it’s lovely all black, if I had to guess a super sport or panigale

#8281 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah it’s lovely all black, if I had to guess a super sport or panigale

I was thinking super sport but not 100% sure.

#8283 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Update on this. I chickened out and bought the 23-1100 coils instead of the 23-1500 and put them on as i was afraid the change from 900 to 1500 would be to great of a difference. Both worked great and since it improved the feel of, at least my game I grew some man parts and ordered the 23-1500 coils.
I'll slap them on and report back. I'm thinking the 23-1500 may be a bit to weak for the right flipper but we will find out but I still think the lower left flipper could use a little less power. Game played so much better with the 23-1100 in all 3 flippers though. Figured worst case i swap back to the 23-1100's and have a couple extra coils for my parts bin.

23-1500 FTW! Got them in and installed today. Played a couple of games and couldn't be any happier. I can still easily make the right orbit and the left ramp with the 23-1500's in the game. But now the ball isn't being plunge so hard into the scoop I'm afraid it will break something. Game plays a lot smoother to me. I'm 100% happy with this change. I have my camera equipment packed for our soon to be move but I'll see if I can get a camera phone video if anyone is interested.

#8284 5 years ago

Anyone running ice blue lighting from Comet for GI in their machine? The machine I bought has 5 different types of bulbs "to get it just right" and I am thinking of swapping it out to either frosted cool or ice blue.

#8285 5 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Anyone running ice blue lighting from Comet for GI in their machine? The machine I bought has 5 different types of bulbs "to get it just right" and I am thinking of swapping it out to either frosted cool or ice blue.

Yes. I've never been able to figure out how to get a decent picture of a pinball machines lights on but here is one of my game. Been thinking of splicing in some cool whites in a few places as well.

thumbnail (resized).jpgthumbnail (resized).jpg
#8286 5 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

This is exactly the same problem I had with my Tron

@85vett's machine is how I'm hoping mine will look after I switch out the bulbs. I'm assuming those are natural or sunlight white on the left slingshot?

#8287 5 years ago

Yes, the left sling area are the sunlight bulbs from comet. All are frosted bulbs.

#8288 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yes, the left sling area are the sunlight bulbs from comet. All are frosted bulbs.

Nice. So just the left in sunlight, the rest are ice blue frosted? What do you use in the back panel if you don't mind me asking? 1 SMD or 2 SMD?

#8289 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Nice. So just the left in sunlight, the rest are ice blue frosted? What do you use in the back panel if you don't mind me asking? 1 SMD or 2 SMD?

https://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=1SMD5050

These in frosted is what I use.

#8290 5 years ago

Latest edition to LE#363

89E4E139-2570-43A3-90C9-CC5A9E08BFA5 (resized).jpeg89E4E139-2570-43A3-90C9-CC5A9E08BFA5 (resized).jpeg
#8291 5 years ago

That looks awesome! Is it a custom one-off?

#8292 5 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

That looks awesome! Is it a custom one-off?

Thank you.. about a year in the making ... Unfortunately yes, a one off

This pic has it installed in my GB, I’ll get it in my Game soon

#8293 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thank you.. about a year in the making ... Unfortunately yes, a one off
This pic has it installed in my GB, I’ll get it in my Game soon

Damn, that is sweet. Are you sure you couldn’t make a couple more?

#8294 5 years ago
Quoted from kickabit:

Damn, that is sweet. Are you sure you couldn’t make a couple more?

I can try, but ill have to find a different print source, printing translites on a good media is apparently not easy??

#8295 5 years ago

Yeah, that's pretty awesome. Wouldn't mind having one as well to go with my translight collection.

#8296 5 years ago

I’m looking into getting some custom translites done in the uk and know a company that can print on the right material (retro refurbs) if you’re willing to share the art. Understand if you want to keep it limited though.

#8297 5 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

I’m looking into getting some custom translites done in the uk and know a company that can print on the right material (retro refurbs) if you’re willing to share the art. Understand if you want to keep it limited though.

Doesn’t he get his printing done in Europe somewhere?

#8298 5 years ago

Not sure -I can ask.

#8299 5 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Not sure -I can ask.

I dunno if Pete will tell you, it was something I heard through members of the U.K forum, either way it’s not hard to find a printer providing they can print on the material used for translites your golden!

There is a printer in Leicestershire that do a lot of prints for lightbox advertisement in cinemas not too dissimilar to a backbone and translite,

#8300 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Doesn’t he get his printing done in Europe somewhere?

I just purchased the Tron sideblades from Retro Refurbs. They shipped out of Slovenia.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/166?hl=jazzbouche and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.