IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 233.
#8201 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Do people typically go with orange (or yellow?) LEDs for the left slingshot, the plastic below it and the one on the left (where the drop targets would be on a LE) or just warm white?
Also as mentioned before - is there a list of GI bulbs and their locations anywhere, or do I need to do it by hand?

i don't like yellow or orange; they wash out surrounding artwork too much. same with regular blue, hence the ice blue. plus, i think it looks unbalanced with a different color under the CLU side.

just grab 2x 25-count bags of ice blue frosted 5050's and go to town on it. pretty sure that's enough. oh, get a couple wedges for the spotlights, too.

#8202 5 years ago

0809181306[1] (resized).jpg0809181306[1] (resized).jpg0809181305a[1] (resized).jpg0809181305a[1] (resized).jpg0809181305[1] (resized).jpg0809181305[1] (resized).jpg

#8203 5 years ago

I just checked mine:

Bottom right flipper - 23-900
Bottom Left Flipper - 23-900
Top Left Flipper - 23-1100

My game was HUO with less than 200 plays when I bought it so I'm assuming those are the original coils. I actually feel as though they are too strong on my game and would like to reduce their power a bit so I'm interested to hear what coils you have and go with.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

#8204 5 years ago

So you got me wondering. The manual says:
- Both left flippers are 23-1500's which is significantly weaker than the 23-900's that both of my lower flippers has.
- Right flipper is 23-1080

Think I'm going to order two of those 23-1500's to see how it plays.

#8205 5 years ago

Is that common for games to have different strength coils on the lower flippers? Seems odd... I think mine still has the factory coils so I'll take a look at what's in there. I don't feel that one is stronger or weaker than the other...

#8206 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Is that common for games to have different strength coils on the lower flippers? Seems odd... I think mine still has the factory coils so I'll take a look at what's in there. I don't feel that one is stronger or weaker than the other...

I believe there are a couple games with different coils, pretty sure Avengers is another.

#8207 5 years ago

From what I've read, it sounds like the left flipper doesn't need to make a ramp, and as such a weaker coil helps with the arcade scoop. Not sure if that's official, but I read it on someones post somewhere. With my coils, I randomly have: lower right = 5020 (23-900)... lower left = 5030 (23-1100)...upper left = 5030-OT solid state (clearly a replacement coil). To be fair, I can make all the shots fine, but the left flippers sometimes feel a bit weak. Not sure if these have been swapped out intentionally or not.

#8208 5 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

From what I've read, it sounds like the left flipper doesn't need to make a ramp, and as such a weaker coil helps with the arcade scoop. Not sure if that's official, but I read it on someones post somewhere. With my coils, I randomly have: lower right = 5020 (23-900)... lower left = 5030 (23-1100)...upper left = 5030-OT solid state (clearly a replacement coil). To be fair, I can make all the shots fine, but the left flippers sometimes feel a bit weak. Not sure if these have been swapped out intentionally or not.

Makes somewhat of sense but that left flipper needs to make that right loop as well. My left flipper (same as yours) shoots that arcade so hard I'm afraid it's going to break the bracket in the near future.

#8209 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

btw, if anyone on here doesn't have one already, get a pinnovators sub-out board and external powered sub. my wife knows when i'm playing TRON...

No need for a board really. Just aux out from the existing can sub.

#8210 5 years ago

Just dropped in to once again pledge my undying love for Tron. Hard to believe I have owned it for nearly 6 years because I am still on the honeymoon. Starting to think Stern built this pin just for me and they did!

#8211 5 years ago

Finally got around to removing the ramps from my machine to clean & wax the orbits. Found it quite intimidating, first time I've ever removed ramps.

E925A3C7-5C40-4801-B4C6-DB3A9422FAE9 (resized).jpegE925A3C7-5C40-4801-B4C6-DB3A9422FAE9 (resized).jpeg

ED60AD1B-A1D0-4316-84AD-58B8FA25FEBD (resized).jpegED60AD1B-A1D0-4316-84AD-58B8FA25FEBD (resized).jpeg

I think I've asked this before, but I'm replacing all the rubbers with Titan translucent silicone ones. How do I get access to the ones surrounding the disc? Do I need to remove the moving recogniser support bar? (LE). If so, how is this done?

My Recogniser isn't quite aligned centrally so I wouldn't mind tweaking it. How does it adjust?

Thanks in advance.

#8212 5 years ago

Tjohejsan
I Did not get the Tron pinball machine at first, then i did. Now i got one. Spoil it with a nice sound system and it will become a keeper

#8213 5 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Just dropped in to once again pledge my undying love for Tron. Hard to believe I have owned it for nearly 6 years because I am still on the honeymoon. Starting to think Stern built this pin just for me and they did!

Once in the grid...
Was playing mine last night....still a thrillride!!!

#8214 5 years ago

I don't own a tron, but I typically go with warm white frosted LEDs for yellow and orange.

I have tried color matching with yellow and orange LEDs and the colors were too rich and not as bright compared to when I used warm white LEDs.

Cool white should also be fine, the colors may not be as rich as it would with the warm white, but this is personal preference and will still look fine on tron.

#8215 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Finally got around to removing the ramps from my machine to clean & wax the orbits. Found it quite intimidating, first time I've ever removed ramps.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I think I've asked this before, but I'm replacing all the rubbers with Titan translucent silicone ones. How do I get access to the ones surrounding the disc? Do I need to remove the moving recogniser support bar? (LE). If so, how is this done?
My Recogniser isn't quite aligned centrally so I wouldn't mind tweaking it. How does it adjust?
Thanks in advance.

You need to remove that plastic that is below the recognizer bar. It's just 2 nuts and then it comes off. While you are that deep you really should remove all the plastics. Do them one at a time if you aren't comfortable with reassembly. Take some novius 1 (or other mild cleaning detergent) to the back of them. You'll be surprised with how dirty they can get as well as under them. You'll have to remove that big plastic to the left of the recognizer anyways to clean the quorra lane.

As for the recognizer. On the LE it's supposed to move back and forth. Your comment about it being off center makes it sound like it doesn't move during the game, is that the case? If so, you have an issue.

#8216 5 years ago

Who played their Tron pin this weekend? I did. I have a a few friends that come over few times a month and like to hang out in my little barcade. We watch music videos playing over head on two screens, drink beer (maybe shots) and play some pins and some retro arcade games. Love this room.

One of my friends always plays my Tron. Ever since I got it, it's the only pin he plays now and he didn't even like the movie that much. LOL! My other pin is a Medieval Madness and I used to have a White Water next to that and he never plays ether one since I got my Tron.

I asked him why he likes to play it more than my other pins and he says it's the challenge and fast speed of the game that he likes. It also has that "Just one more game" addiction feel that makes you come back again and again. For more abuse that is...

Kinda funny and it shows that it's not always the theme but the game play that can keep people coming back.

Btw. I sold my WW waiting for that Monster Bash Remake. Man they are taking freaking forever to release that pin. Ugh! Hate to see that missing gap in my lineup.

Pinball (resized).JPGPinball (resized).JPG
#8217 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You need to remove that plastic that is below the recognizer bar. It's just 2 nuts and then it comes off. While you are that deep you really should remove all the plastics. Do them one at a time if you aren't comfortable with reassembly. Take some novius 1 (or other mild cleaning detergent) to the back of them. You'll be surprised with how dirty they can get as well as under them. You'll have to remove that big plastic to the left of the recognizer anyways to clean the quorra lane.
As for the recognizer. On the LE it's supposed to move back and forth. Your comment about it being off center makes it sound like it doesn't move during the game, is that the case? If so, you have an issue.

Thanks.

I managed to get access to the rubbers around the disc by removing that piece you suggest.

Also, the Recogniser does move side to side during gameplay, so it being off centre was simply just where it happened to be when I switched it off.

Incidentally could you tell me whether or not the metal bar should rest on top of the plastic bit below it, or should it be floating above it? Mine doesn't seem to have any trouble going side to side, but it looks like it makes contact with the plastic.

#8218 5 years ago

Looking for a Tron Le if someone is thinking of selling theirs.

#8219 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Thanks.
I managed to get access to the rubbers around the disc by removing that piece you suggest.
Also, the Recogniser does move side to side during gameplay, so it being off centre was simply just where it happened to be when I switched it off.
Incidentally could you tell me whether or not the metal bar should rest on top of the plastic bit below it, or should it be floating above it? Mine doesn't seem to have any trouble going side to side, but it looks like it makes contact with the plastic.

No, it shouldn't hit the plastic. It should be about a quarter of an inch above it. You could look at tightening the mounting bolts but outside of that not sure how you would adjust it's height. May be worth just putting a felt strip under it to keep it from scratching your plastics.

Quoted from stretch2:

Looking for a Tron Le if someone is thinking of selling theirs.

Didn't you used to have one? Best of luck on your search.

Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Who played their Tron pin this weekend? I did. I have a a few friends that come over few times a month and like to hang out in my little barcade. We watch music videos playing over head on two screens, drink beer (maybe shots) and play some pins and some retro arcade games. Love this room.
One of my friends always plays my Tron. Ever since I got it, it's the only pin he plays now and he didn't even like the movie that much. LOL! My other pin is a Medieval Madness and I used to have a White Water next to that and he never plays ether one since I got my Tron.
I asked him why he likes to play it more than my other pins and he says it's the challenge and fast speed of the game that he likes. It also has that "Just one more game" addiction feel that makes you come back again and again. For more abuse that is...
Kinda funny and it shows that it's not always the theme but the game play that can keep people coming back.
Btw. I sold my WW waiting for that Monster Bash Remake. Man they are taking freaking forever to release that pin. Ugh! Hate to see that missing gap in my lineup.

It's Portal for me. Dang thing feels just so close to achieving in almost every game but only happens maybe 10% of the time right now. That's what gets me coming back time and time again as I always feel like I "have a chance" of beating it each time I press the start button. The soundtrack doesn't hurt either.

#8220 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Incidentally could you tell me whether or not the metal bar should rest on top of the plastic bit below it, or should it be floating above it? Mine doesn't seem to have any trouble going side to side, but it looks like it makes contact with the plastic

Mine does that as well. I've taken mine apart and evening seems tight with no slop. If you find a fix let me know. It's likely going to involve some bending to raise it up

#8221 5 years ago

Ordered the amazon light kit. Easy selfmade mounting. Great effect.

20180813_202624_1 (resized).png20180813_202624_1 (resized).png
#8222 5 years ago

Hmm the gif did not work...believe me amazing effect

#8223 5 years ago

For gifs to work you have to upload as original size / no rescaling. Give it a shot!

4B997A3D-2B3E-487C-B10D-B4E8B20F622A.gif4B997A3D-2B3E-487C-B10D-B4E8B20F622A.gif
#8224 5 years ago
source.gifsource.gif
#8225 5 years ago
20180813_202624_2 (resized).png20180813_202624_2 (resized).png
#8226 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

[quoted image]

Almost. Click the drop-down menu and choose Original Size BEFORE clicking the Attach image button

#8227 5 years ago

Computer says no....sorry.

20180813_202624_3 (resized).png20180813_202624_3 (resized).png
#8228 5 years ago

20180813_202624_3.gif20180813_202624_3.gif

Yes..got it!

#8229 5 years ago

Congrats on both the gif and the light strip. Looks great.

#8230 5 years ago

For my backglass, I cut my LED chase light strips into three strips and re-wired them as one with wires as little longer as each strip length vertically. This way I could have all three strips side by side and "off-set" each of the three strips instead of just using a single short strip. The effect looks like a flow of energy instead of just a single pulse. Both look types of effects look great but it all depends on the effect you are going for I guess.

See my example as something else that can be done with chase lights. I will post a pic of the wire work in the future if people care to see it.

#8231 5 years ago

For my backglass, I cut my LED chase light strips into three strips and re-wired them as one with wires as little longer as each strip length vertically. This way I could have all three strips side by side and "off-set" each of the three strips instead of just using a single short strip. The effect looks like a flow of energy instead of just a single pulse. Both look types of effects look great but it all depends on the effect you are going for I guess.
See my example as something else that can be done with chase lights. I will post a pic of the wire work in the future if people care to see it.

Awesome work Mok that looks stunning

#8232 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome work Mok that looks stunning

Tnks

#8233 5 years ago

That looks really awesome! I'm keen to see the way you have worked it up etc!

#8234 5 years ago

Yeah! Show us how you did it!

#8235 5 years ago

Looks great. Assuming you are using 3 controllers?

#8236 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Nope. Just one controller and one strip.

#8237 5 years ago

Nope. Just one controller and one strip.

Reveal your VooDoo, wizard!!??

#8238 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Reveal your VooDoo, wizard!!??

He did! Post 8229

#8239 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I will try to remember to take a photo of it tonight and post.

#8240 5 years ago

Anyone know where I can get two new ramps? V/R

#8241 5 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Anyone know where I can get two new ramps? V/R

What is currently up with your current ramps? If it’s just scratches and they are looking cloudy/dirty you can flame polish them.

#8242 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's Portal for me. Dang thing feels just so close to achieving in almost every game but only happens maybe 10% of the time right now.

You get Portal 10% or the time?? That’s crazy. I’m averaging about 0.0005%.

#8243 5 years ago

I meant the backbox wiring VooDoo...

#8244 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

You get Portal 10% or the time?? That’s crazy. I’m averaging about 0.0005%.

that's still better than 0.0%

#8245 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

No, it shouldn't hit the plastic. It should be about a quarter of an inch above it. You could look at tightening the mounting bolts but outside of that not sure how you would adjust it's height. May be worth just putting a felt strip under it to keep it from scratching your plastics.

This is what I've ended up doing.

As it transpires I've got a full florescent plastic protector set on my Tron, fitted by the previous owner. I didn't realise it wasn't standard.

Basically, the bit of plastic that sits below the Recogniser is actually two separate bits of plastic on mine. On top of that I have a lit Recogniser mod and the wire from that was attached to the bar with a cable tie wrapped around the bar. All together this meant the bar was grazing the plastic.

I had a look at the mount for the whole assembly and it's on solidly. The bar on mine can be moved up by hand - should it do this? Should it be rigidly fixed so you can't move it at all upwards by hand?
I couldn't see any obvious way of raising it so that it stays in a higher position, if that makes sense.

I've ended up cutting off the cable tie and attaching the cable to the bar using a felt strip wrapped around the bar.

#8246 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome guys glad to see everyone has got their packages, just one that hasn’t arrived yet in NYC but it is seeing the sites so far its toured almost all of both US coasts

I installed my new clear disc last week. This time I used contact cement to attach it which has been working well. Also I used herg’s mod to slow down the disc motor. I still get crazy spin but now I don’t feel like the ball is going to fly through the glass or destroy the plastics.

Thanks again for handling this group buy. You did a great job.

#8247 5 years ago

never been to the portal. going on 10 months...

#8248 5 years ago

Does it count if I got to Portal only AFTER completing the last modes via SOS? If so I've gotten to Portal a couple times

#8249 5 years ago

The left ramp has a small break at the entrance. I think I could cover it with a cliffy but I can't seem to find them in stock. I would like to get the entire cliffy set for it.

#8250 5 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

The left ramp has a small break at the entrance. I think I could cover it with a cliffy but I can't seem to find them in stock. I would like to get the entire cliffy set for it.

https://www.pinball.co.uk/product/tron/cliffy-tron-protector-kit-3-pc/

https://www.pinball.co.uk/product/tron/510-5133-00-tron-left-ramp/

Only place I know that has them in stock. For the protectors, e-mail cliffy. he will make you some but will be a couple months (last I checked). I bought from Pinball Heaven so I didn't have to wait. Was more expensive due to international shipping and conversion of the dollar. They also have the left ramp as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/165 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.