IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 233.
#8151 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I went the lazy route and bought a new disc.

If I ever have to do it again I will buy a new plastic disk. Scraping that thing off sucked big time and was a huge pain in the ass!

#8152 5 years ago

Only a couple of people I haven’t heard back from but tracking seems to confirm all items have now been delivered, yay!

Anyone who hasn’t received their items yet pm me ASAP and I’ll get things sorted.

#8153 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Only a couple of people I haven’t heard back from but tracking seems to confirm all items have now been delivered, yay!
Anyone who hasn’t received their items yet pm me ASAP and I’ll get things sorted.

sorry, I got mine a bit ago! Thank you

#8154 5 years ago

Today for me...the grid thanks you!!!! ...mark

#8155 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Today for me...the grid thanks you!!!! ...mark

Wow last 3 batches all went out together same time, same day and traveled using exactly the same couriers here and stateside yet some went straight to you guys while others had a road trip and back before being delivered, UPS are some crazy cats!

#8156 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Good and bad news:
Good - All US paid for Portal kits/lights have been shipped as of noon today.
Bad (actually really bad) - I got a quote to send one of these kits overseas (to the UK) and it was $85! So, those that are overseas, if you want one I'm more than willing to pack and ship it for you but I really don't think it's worth it to do so. They aren't hard to make if you can soldier and the parts aren't to terribly expensive. Maybe someone in that part of the world would want to make these as well and save you all some serious money. I'm more than happy to help by providing guidance on how to make them but most of that is already posted earlier.
I'm shipping the kits with the brackets in 2x18 tubes that weigh less than 1 pound. Light kits only went in a padded envelope.

Really bad news. 85$ is a huge amount of money for less than 1 pound.
I will try to make it myself.

Thx for your work.

#8157 5 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Really bad news. 85$ is a huge amount of money for less than 1 pound.
I will try to make it myself.
Thx for your work.

Agreed. I tried another place and it was about the same. Think it's the size more than weight. Tube is 2 inches by 18 in order to fit the bracket. I talked to someone in the UK that is thinking of making some for those on your side of the pond.

#8158 5 years ago

Received the discs this week. Sorry for the delayed notice as it took a day or two before I could get to the post office. Huge thanks for all your effort.

#8159 5 years ago

Received my discs, thank you Jon for doing this!

#8160 5 years ago

Awesome guys glad to see everyone has got their packages, just one that hasn’t arrived yet in NYC but it is seeing the sites so far its toured almost all of both US coasts

#8161 5 years ago

Ordered my son “Flynn” the perfect dress up outfit.

47EEAAA3-6203-4F69-9751-DD457292D0B5 (resized).jpeg47EEAAA3-6203-4F69-9751-DD457292D0B5 (resized).jpeg
#8162 5 years ago

OK, I give....why the f**k does my orbit up-post not automatically go up before ball launch? If I hold the right flipper, it does go down, but if I don't it pops up...weird....

#8163 5 years ago

it's supposed to pop up after you launch the ball. It doesn't go up when the ball is sitting in the shooter lane as that would keep the coil energized for no reason. Should be holding the left flipper that makes it drop when you plunge but I've also never tried the right flipper. Sounds like yours is working as designed.

#8164 5 years ago

Random question.. going to take the ramps off soon, and possibly the fibre optics off the ramps. I vaguely recall someone posting on here about doing something about the switch screws/nuts where the fibre optic wire goes underneath - to reduce the bend it has to make. I can't for the life of me find it now though. Anyone remember seeing it or am I going mad?

#8165 5 years ago

Not necessary. The factory fiber optics will just about be molded to the shape they are in now. Just loosen the set screws (they should just be finger tight) and pull them out.

#8166 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

it's supposed to pop up after you launch the ball. It doesn't go up when the ball is sitting in the shooter lane as that would keep the coil energized for no reason. Should be holding the left flipper that makes it drop when you plunge but I've also never tried the right flipper. Sounds like yours is working as designed.

I think I've lost my mind...had the machine for years...always seem to remember the post going up when ball entered shooting lane from trough, then staying up until I held the left flipper button, immediately dropping post for first plunge...can someone verify?

#8167 5 years ago

Think I'll do a switch test tonight, as I may have just answered my own question...

#8168 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think I've lost my mind...had the machine for years...always seem to remember the post going up when ball entered shooting lane from trough, then staying up until I held the left flipper button, immediately dropping post for first plunge...can someone verify?

Unless my games is broken as well as the one I play in league, it doesn't work that way. Post always goes up right when the ball leaves the shooter lane. To be specific, when the ball comes off switch 23 is when mine raises, unless I hold the left flipper.

#8169 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Unless my games is broken as well as the one I play in league, it doesn't work that way. Post always goes up right when the ball leaves the shooter lane. To be specific, when the ball comes off switch 23 is when mine raises, unless I hold the left flipper.

Thanks for confirming...my memory obviously has left the building on occasion..

#8170 5 years ago

Hello Tron looovers!
What would you say about swap a twillight zone for a Tron.
Should i do that?

#8171 5 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

Hello Tron looovers!
What would you say about swap a twillight zone for a Tron.
Should i do that?

If you like TZ more than Tron go for it

#8172 5 years ago

Two diametrically opposed games.

#8173 5 years ago

i would imagine most people would hate one and love the other.

#8174 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Not me. Those are two of my all time favories.

#8175 5 years ago

I have both. They are as different as it gets really. In my humble opinion Tron is primarily a fun and fast paced game that is pretty accessible to players of all skill levels (a generous ball save, for starters). You can get light cycle multiballs etc within almost no time at all playing it.

TZ on the other hand takes no prisoners. Your ball went into the pops after you got the skill shot and got blasted down the left outlane? That's a shame.

TZ is a hard game, but it rewards careful consideration of your shots, layering bonuses, etc.

I get fairly consistent scores on Tron (nothing amazing), but I could and have had many games of TZ where I struggle to get 100 million without feeling like I've done anything particularly wrong.

#8176 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Quoted from BoJo:

Not me, either. Both are keepers for me. I've owned TZ 20 years and Tron 6 years.

#8177 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Agreed, love both TRON and TZ.....

#8178 5 years ago

Still have Tron, got tired of TZ.

#8179 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Ditto!!!

#8180 5 years ago

yeah, didn't think about it, but variety is the spice of life.

#8181 5 years ago

Id say, If you love TZ and hate Tron, Get a TRON, if you love TRON and Hate TZ, Get a TRON!

also... If you have 3, 4 or 5 system 11's, sell them and get a TRON!

If you have 20 EM's, sell them all but Spanish Eyes, and get a TRON!

... and then buy a TNA and put it next to TRON!

yeah... that about does it, pretty much TRON for the win no matter what, but if you have a spanish eyes, keep it, your mom likes it.

#8182 5 years ago

Thanks for you advice.
I have a hard time to decide
I dont really like playing TZ its hard.
But also ,its TZ it should be a keeper just for beeing TZ.
Tron is a really fun game to play i really like it.
I wish i was multi millionaire ,but am not
Still have not decided what to do!

#8183 5 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

I dont really like playing TZ its hard.
Tron is a really fun game to play i really like it.

There’s your answer right there dude.

No.1 thing about pinball is fun, if a game isn’t fun for you then swap it out for something you enjoy.

What I’m saying is get a TRON

#8184 5 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

But also ,its TZ it should be a keeper just for beeing TZ.

Nah ignore those top 10 lists.

The only games that should be keepers are the ones that put a smile on your face and your families faces.

#8185 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Nah ignore those top 10 lists.
The only games that should be keepers are the ones that put a smile on your face and your families faces.

This is absolutely spot on. I enjoy playing a few of the "Top 10" but just dont have any desire to own them.
Just because everyone else loves a pin doesn't mean you have to. Buy and keep pins that you enjoy playing above all else.

#8186 5 years ago

Anyone have a handy GI bulb guide?

Previously I was wondering to myself whether my LE ramp fiber optics were faulty, because they were quite dim. I have no reason to believe they have ever been removed from the game (the rubbers are OEM, etc) so it doesn't seem likely that they are not butted right up against the LEDs under the playfield. I now think, having read elsewhere on here, that my GI is simply too bright in places. When the GI goes off during the ball drain bonus sequence the ramps appear much brighter.

The previous owner fitted Comet LEDs everywhere, including the flashers (LE has LED inserts from the factory). They look like they are 2 SMDs clear everywhere, I can't see any frosted bulbs.

I'm wondering whether or not I would be better off with 1 SMD bulbs from the slingshots upwards? I'm tempted to buy a Comet LED kit but have been advised by them that they use 2 SMDs too on the basis that "people changing from incandescents expect it to be brighter". The Pro, not having fiber optics as standard, and with the aftermarket ones being (as I understand it) brighter than the LE ones are anyway - probably isn't as affected.

Thoughts?

Quoted from 85vett:

Not necessary. The factory fiber optics will just about be molded to the shape they are in now. Just loosen the set screws (they should just be finger tight) and pull them out.

Sorry I should've been clear - I didn't mean removing the fiber optics from the bottom of the playfield, I mean where it runs underneath the switch on the left hand side above the playfield - it has to dip quite a bit to get under the nut. It's not the end of the world but thought if there was a quick fix I could do it while the ramps were off.

#8187 5 years ago

i thought MM was my grail pin. i was wrong, so i got rid of it. guess what i have now? TRON! your lineup is yours and no one else's, brah.

#8188 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Anyone have a handy GI bulb guide?
Previously I was wondering to myself whether my LE ramp fiber optics were faulty, because they were quite dim. I have no reason to believe they have ever been removed from the game (the rubbers are OEM, etc) so it doesn't seem likely that they are not butted right up against the LEDs under the playfield. I now think, having read elsewhere on here, that my GI is simply too bright in places. When the GI goes off during the ball drain bonus sequence the ramps appear much brighter.
The previous owner fitted Comet LEDs everywhere, including the flashers (LE has LED inserts from the factory). They look like they are 2 SMDs clear everywhere, I can't see any frosted bulbs.
I'm wondering whether or not I would be better off with 1 SMD bulbs from the slingshots upwards? I'm tempted to buy a Comet LED kit but have been advised by them that they use 2 SMDs too on the basis that "people changing from incandescents expect it to be brighter". The Pro, not having fiber optics as standard, and with the aftermarket ones being (as I understand it) brighter than the LE ones are anyway - probably isn't as affected.
Thoughts?

Sorry I should've been clear - I didn't mean removing the fiber optics from the bottom of the playfield, I mean where it runs underneath the switch on the left hand side above the playfield - it has to dip quite a bit to get under the nut. It's not the end of the world but thought if there was a quick fix I could do it while the ramps were off.

The frosted will help a little bit but wont be a huge overall change in total brightness. You could potentially sprinkle in some of these http://www.cometpinball.com/Comet-Pinball-2-LEDs-p/2led.htm with some 1 SMD frosted bulbs to help tailor the brightness to your liking without it sticking out to much.

That's just a nature of the ramp (the rope light and the switch).

The aftermarket ramp lights for the pro's really aren't any brighter than the ones on the LE. It's just different light tubes. The LE comes with older tubes that are cream colored. Going with newer tech clear ones will get you the same appearance as those aftermarket kits. I made the change here on my LE and have been very happy. I know not really all that accepted but I like it. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/157#post-4432031

Here is an example:
11c30ce44b9ba0c582b142face6b9f82d5399b77 (resized).jpg11c30ce44b9ba0c582b142face6b9f82d5399b77 (resized).jpgb349e5dc39c04d9f6cf75992c5063410a66717af (resized).jpgb349e5dc39c04d9f6cf75992c5063410a66717af (resized).jpg

#8189 5 years ago

my GI is 1SMD frosted ice blue; looks sick.

#8190 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The aftermarket ramp lights for the pro's really aren't any brighter than the ones on the LE. It's just different light tubes.

Except on my kit I dim the GI as the ramp effects play to address this very issue of the GI washing out the ramps.

#8191 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Except on my kit I dim the GI as the ramp effects play to address this very issue of the GI washing out the ramps.

OK, but the ramp lights are still pretty much the same overall brightness and the change of tubes makes a pretty big difference as the factory ones don't transmit light all that well (IMHO). The LED option I provided is a way for a LE owner to dim their own GI as well.

#8192 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

OK, but the ramp lights are still pretty much the same overall brightness and the change of tubes makes a pretty big difference as the factory ones don't transmit light all that well (IMHO). The LED option I provided is a way for a LE owner to dim their own GI as well.

Indeed. I just wanted to use the sunglasses emoji.

#8193 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Indeed. I just wanted to use the sunglasses emoji.

#8194 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i thought MM was my grail pin. i was wrong, so i got rid of it. guess what i have now? TRON! your lineup is yours and no one else's, brah.

OMG! So true! I thought the exact same until I finally found a descent Tron Pin to own and I find myself mostly playing TRON all the time. I love MM but TRON always has me coming back for more. Challenging and really fun. I have been to Portal five times and still can't beat it! Love it.

#8195 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

OMG! So true! I thought the exact same until I finally found a descent Tron Pin to own and I find myself mostly playing TRON all the time. I love MM but TRON always has me coming back for more. Challenging and really fun. I have been to Portal five times and still can't beat it! Love it.

One word where TRON owns 99% of other pins: Soundtrack!

TRON is the best music pin (Daft Punk) Stern have released and they didn’t even know it was a music pin

#8196 5 years ago

that's funny; good point.

#8197 5 years ago

btw, if anyone on here doesn't have one already, get a pinnovators sub-out board and external powered sub. my wife knows when i'm playing TRON...

#8198 5 years ago

Thanks all

I'd rather not change the light tubes on the LE - that's a bit drastic for me! Will look into a bit dimmer LEDs towards the back of the machine.

That top photo by 85vett reminds me I need to stop procrastinating and change all the rubbers on mine for translucent silicon. I've had the order I made with Titan Pinball sat waiting for weeks.

Quoted from weaverj:

my GI is 1SMD frosted ice blue; looks sick.

Nice. I think that's what I'm going to go with.

Do people typically go with orange (or yellow?) LEDs for the left slingshot, the plastic below it and the one on the left (where the drop targets would be on a LE) or just warm white?

Also as mentioned before - is there a list of GI bulbs and their locations anywhere, or do I need to do it by hand?

#8199 5 years ago

Can anyone confirm what coils are used on the Tron Flippers. As I see it in the manual: Right Flipper is 5032, Left and upper left are both 5062. My machine has different coils across all three, and as I'm doing a flipper rebuild I figured I'd correct the coils. However, I've been told the 5062 is considerably weaker. Any thoughts? Is this just standard or do people upgrade?
Thanks!

#8200 5 years ago

i think all my coils were upgraded, too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/164 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.