IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 233.
#8051 5 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Question? After about 40 plays my upper left flipper has started to stay in the up position after a flip. It will come down if I hit the right flipper button or double left button. I have checked the coil and mounting under the flipper but all seem well. Any ideas?

Check the coil sleeve and stop. Most likely slop or mushrooming in the cool stop or dirty sleeve. Assuming you bought used as 40 plays total on the game would be super early for either of those.

If not that check the tolerance between flipper on bushing going through the PC. Should be a credit card difference.

#8052 5 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Fabulousness!
More than interested--put me down to buy 1 kit when it's ready.
I don't need the fluorescent mount bracket. I've already got custom flashers on poster board in the backbox.
Thanks!
-Jason

Sounds good. I guess I could offer either option. One with and one without a bracket. I should know by end of the weekend what I can do and how much.

#8053 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That and I've installed the pinbits plastic protectors and cliffy ramp protectors already for added safety.

1- I'm shooting for $50 for a plug an play treatment. That is: Mounting bracket to the light tube, panel for the light strip, light strip w/ controller installed, wiring long enough to reach the spare 5v plug in the front of the game and the Molex connector to plug into that connector or a distribution block. I could probably look at just the light strip without the bracket and panel for $25 shipped.
2 - Yes. The speed is controllable.
3 - No, the brightness is set. But you can change the output colors and animations. Their are aprox 40 different animations that the controller will do. Only 3 felt like something that would go with the translight due to colors but their are several options.
Not really sure the amount of interest. Right now I have enough controllers to make 7 kits. If their is more interest I'll have to order more, which took fore ever to ship and arrive

I would also be in for a kit.

Would you ship to Germany?

#8054 5 years ago

I replaced the sleeve,.the stop is in good shape. There was lots of coil dust. I cleaned it off, and put it all back together. Seems to be good so far after.

#8055 5 years ago

i'd try replacing coil sleeve and return spring.

#8056 5 years ago

I have played a few games and it seems to be ok so far. It does have the coil buzz, not as bad as my Poker Tour but you can hear it.

#8057 5 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

I would also be in for a kit.
Would you ship to Germany?

Yes, but it will most likely cost more to ship there.

Here is what I'm looking at after getting all parts together and time to soldier things together for a plug and play system as well as brackets. Brackets are going to be plexiglas strips held on the tube with a holder on the light.

With bracket - $55 shipped in lower 48. (Additional for non lower 48)

Without bracket - $35 shipped

I have parts for 6 right now. If their is more interest in them I'll order more controllers and lighting. The rest I can get at the hardware store.

#8058 5 years ago

you going to put an ad up? i'd like to see pics of parts uninstalled, then installed, plus instructions.

#8059 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Here is what I'm looking at after getting all parts together and time to soldier things together for a plug and play system as well as brackets. Brackets are going to be plexiglas strips held on the tube with a holder on the light.
I have parts for 6 right now. If their is more interest in them I'll order more controllers and lighting. The rest I can get at the hardware store.

Would like to have an full Set with bracket.

#8060 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Just tell me how you want to get paid... :]

#8061 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

you going to put an ad up? i'd like to see pics of parts uninstalled, then installed, plus instructions.

I'll post up pictures of the kit once I get things finalized. I bought some brackets but they were too big so will have to get smaller ones. I'm not going to go into to much depth on things as I really don't have any desires to become a MFG of pinball mods. Just trying to help out some other collectors that don't have the time/skills and/or desires to make their own.

If someone wants to make their own, to save some $$$, I have zero issues talking them through it. It's actually rather simple now that I found a light strip that does the correct animation at 5v, I found extra controllers (unfortunately through China though) and I'm comfortable with soldering.

These are the parts I'm planning on using:
- Light strip with controller/$18 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078X9MC23/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00
- .093 Plexi/$15 - Local hardware store. Best I could find at my store was an 18x24 due to the length needed. Really only will need about 3-4 inches of width from it.
- 1 in. Conduit and Pipe Hanger/ $1 - https://www.homedepot.com/p/Superstrut-1-in-Conduit-and-Pipe-Hanger-6H-2TB-15/301014529
- Molex Connector and pins/$1 - Pinballlife - https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4359 and https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3893
22 AWG wire/ $8 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QTCBZ4I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

When I came up with my price I added $10 on average to pack and ship them without a bracket and $15 with the bracket as the place where I can get them shipped isn't exactly the cheapest and my post office is stupid busy which equates to easily an hour in line at min

#8062 5 years ago

Trying to stay organized, so here is a list of those that have shown interest. It's more than 6 already so I'll go ahead and order more supplies. I should hopefully have things done this week for which I will then reach out to confirm interest. If I have you wrong or am missing you let me know.

Chooch – Full Kit
GorillaBiscuits – Light Strip Only
J85M – Full Kit
Weaverj – Full Kit
Pinzap – Full Kit
Meegis – Full Kit
Jasonbar – Full Kit
MoTive8 – Full Kit

I have enough material for 6 right now and I'm ordering more light strips and wire which should allow me to complete 4 more kits. I'll order another batch of controllers as well just in case more people show interest. So, the 8 above I would consider at round 1 with an opening for 2 more. The controllers take about 3 weeks to show up where the next batch will be made, if needed.

#8063 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Trying to stay organized, so here is a list of those that have shown interest. It's more than 6 already so I'll go ahead and order more supplies. I should hopefully have things done this week for which I will then reach out to confirm interest. If I have you wrong or am missing you let me know.
Chooch – Full Kit
GorillaBiscuits – Light Strip Only
J85M – Full Kit
Weaverj – Full Kit
Pinzap – Full Kit
Meegis – Full Kit
Jasonbar – Full Kit
MoTive8 – Full Kit
I have enough material for 6 right now and I'm ordering more light strips and wire which should allow me to complete 4 more kits. I'll order another batch of controllers as well just in case more people show interest. So, the 8 above I would consider at round 1 with an opening for 2 more. The controllers take about 3 weeks to show up where the next batch will be made, if needed.

what does this thing look like? Examples?

#8064 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what does this thing look like? Examples?

The kit itself is still in my brain that I'm trying to put together. I will post pictures once I have one completed. A couple post above is a parts list for those DIY people.

I wont ask for or even consider taking anyone's money before I have something ready to ship for them. I don't roll with the whole pre-orders concept.

#8065 5 years ago

Very cool. I'm in for a full kit. Thanks!

#8066 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Jasonbar – Full Kit

No mount bracket for me, please. Just the electronics/wires/controller/strip.

Thanks!
-Jason

#8067 5 years ago

Would you consider shipping to the UK?

I'd like to have a full kit with bracket (whatever the plug and play solution is) please

#8068 5 years ago

Kit looks awesome...wish I had that translite instead of CLU, I'd buy the kit in a heartbeat.

#8069 5 years ago

blablabla...

what's up homies.
check this goober out -v-

tron-aod-2.jpgtron-aod-2.jpg

#8070 5 years ago

We don't need more pictures of the ball licker aka "ball tro"

#8071 5 years ago

+1 for a kit to the UK

#8072 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:I'll post up pictures of the kit once I get things finalized. I bought some brackets but they were too big so will have to get smaller ones. I'm not going to go into to much depth on things as I really don't have any desires to become a MFG of pinball mods. Just trying to help out some other collectors that don't have the time/skills and/or desires to make their own.
If someone wants to make their own, to save some $$$, I have zero issues talking them through it. It's actually rather simple now that I found a light strip that does the correct animation at 5v, I found extra controllers (unfortunately through China though) and I'm comfortable with soldering.

I'm interested to see how you did the mount and wiring.

Mines pretty ghetto as it is just hanging midair and is powered off and old usb battery thing I had lying around.

#8073 5 years ago

To answer the overseas questions - No issues with shipping overseas as long as you are OK with paying the extra shipping cost.

Quoted from koops:

I'm interested to see how you did the mount and wiring.
Mines pretty ghetto as it is just hanging midair and is powered off and old usb battery thing I had lying around.

I'll post pics. I'm really trying to get some time to make some of these right now. We just unexpectedly bought a new house (great deal fell in our lap type of thing) so we are having the get our current house listed, cleaned up and staged ASAP to get it sold. So time is a problem which is another reason why I wont ask for any $$$ until I have a kit sitting on my shelf ready to go since I can't commit to a timeline and I don't want to frustrate anyone.

#8074 5 years ago

take your time. my TRON isn't going anywhere.

#8075 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

take your time. my TRON isn't going anywhere.

This.

#8076 5 years ago

i know of a tron pro for sale if anyone's interested (not mine).
i can add it (and others) to my game delivery route if you're nearby. PM me with any interest/questions. current city list:
Austin, Tx (start on Monday, July 23)
Houston, Tx
Conroe, Tx
San Marcos, Tx
Austin, Tx
Dallas, Tx
Nashville, Tn
Lexington, Ky
Medina, Oh
Detroit, Mi
Lafayette, In
Saint Joseph, Mo
Kansas City, Mo
Tulsa, Ok
Dallas, Tx
Houston, Tx
Austin, Tx (finish)

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 2.30.41 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-07-17 at 2.30.41 PM (resized).png
#8077 5 years ago

Anyone got any tips for safely removing the fibre optics on the LE? Or indeed any gotchas outside of taking lots of photos on removing the ramps as a whole?

The fibre optics look like they are held in place by tiny set screws - which I'm fairly certain I don't have an allen key small enough to fit.

#8078 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Anyone got any tips for safely removing the fibre optics on the LE? Or indeed any gotchas outside of taking lots of photos on removing the ramps as a whole?
The fibre optics look like they are held in place by tiny set screws - which I'm fairly certain I don't have an allen key small enough to fit.

Yes, they are tiny allen head screws but they are most likely finger tight as they shouldn't be tighten to much. In fact if they are more than finger tight it's probably to tight.

Loosen the two for each light box and gently pull the tube out. Then unclip all the switch and flasher harness that go to the ramps and push the connectors through the hole in the PF. Lower PF and take out the screws and gently pull up. They should come out pretty easily at that point. The Fiber optic tubes are held on by zip ties on the top.

#8079 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

To answer the overseas questions - No issues with shipping overseas as long as you are OK with paying the extra shipping cost.

I'll post pics. I'm really trying to get some time to make some of these right now. We just unexpectedly bought a new house (great deal fell in our lap type of thing) so we are having the get our current house listed, cleaned up and staged ASAP to get it sold. So time is a problem which is another reason why I wont ask for any $$$ until I have a kit sitting on my shelf ready to go since I can't commit to a timeline and I don't want to frustrate anyone.

Got one kit made today. Here are pics of what they will look like. Nothing rocket science here. I will most likely ship them with the bracket unscrewed from the plexi piece so that I can hopefully get them in a shipping envelope. Boxes would get expensive.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#8080 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yes, they are tiny allen head screws but they are most likely finger tight as they shouldn't be tighten to much. In fact if they are more than finger tight it's probably to tight.
Loosen the two for each light box and gently pull the tube out. Then unclip all the switch and flasher harness that go to the ramps and push the connectors through the hole in the PF. Lower PF and take out the screws and gently pull up. They should come out pretty easily at that point. The Fiber optic tubes are held on by zip ties on the top.

Thanks.

I think I've got Cliffy ramp protectors already installed (prior to me buying). Both ramps have them. Anything I should know about them? I guess they come off with the ramps?

Also - kit looking good

#8081 5 years ago

Broke my right sling shot plastic last night. Lucky I had an extra. So I ordered the plastic protectors in fluorescent, and Mirrored Game blades from Tilt Graphics today. Only been able to get 45mil so far. I did get the Portal multi ball lit last night but missed it

#8082 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Got one kit made today. Here are pics of what they will look like. Nothing rocket science here. I will most likely ship them with the bracket unscrewed from the plexi piece so that I can hopefully get them in a shipping envelope. Boxes would get expensive.

i wonder if a velcro mounting system wouldn't be better. that metal bracket on the fluorescent tube makes me nervous a bit. plus, the velcro would ship easier/cheaper.

#8083 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i wonder if a velcro mounting system wouldn't be better. that metal bracket on the fluorescent tube makes me nervous a bit. plus, the velcro would ship easier/cheaper.

Not sure if it helps, but I put felt strips on the inside of the bracket and it only needs to be finger tight to stay put. I'm always open to suggestion so if someone has an idea let me know. I don't see how/why the bulb would break unless heat from the bulb would do something (thus the metal vs plastic option).

#8084 5 years ago

I couple wraps of electrical tape on the bulb would work

#8085 5 years ago

Disc update!

Batches 3, 4 and 5 where all processed by outbound depot this morning!

All orders for discs and other Tron related parts have now either been shipped (batches 1 and 2) or are now on their way.

Thank you for everyone’s patience while we delt with some important family issues.

#8086 5 years ago

The guy behind the desk at the depot was not particularly fond of me after an hour and 10 minutes processing all of these

175BA415-0AAC-4159-B177-D5FC7AB3CB82 (resized).jpeg175BA415-0AAC-4159-B177-D5FC7AB3CB82 (resized).jpeg918D46F8-1908-4135-8F19-5B4D560E9BBC (resized).jpeg918D46F8-1908-4135-8F19-5B4D560E9BBC (resized).jpegD3076330-430C-4A08-A1EB-64BE19F78DB6 (resized).jpegD3076330-430C-4A08-A1EB-64BE19F78DB6 (resized).jpeg
#8087 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The guy behind the desk at the depot was not particularly fond of me after an hour and 10 minutes processing all of these

Yay!

#8088 5 years ago

Yeah sorry about the delays my end, pinball along with everything else kinda took a back seat for a few weeks, unfortunately the orders I didn’t get out prior to the shit hitting the fan at home suffered so again my apologies guys. Expect packages to arrive within 3-5 days.

#8089 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah sorry about the delays my end, pinball along with everything else kinda took a back seat for a few weeks, unfortunately the orders I didn’t get out prior to the shit hitting the fan at home suffered so again my apologies guys. Expect packages to arrive within 3-5 days.

Do you have any tracking number at all? Can PM me.

#8090 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Do you have any tracking number at all? Can PM me.

Yes Micky I have tracking for everyone, I’am slowly in the process of pm’ing those too everyone. The tracking receipt for all 60ish packages is about 3 metres long

#8091 5 years ago

You must have had some tough looks and grumbles from those in line behind you...and I'm sure you put the clerk past his break!

Added over 6 years ago:

Ummm...I was kidding. Super cool you took all the time and effort to do this

#8092 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Whoah!

Do you not have an option of weighing and measuring your packages at home, buying and printing appropriate postage, affixing postage, then just taking ready-to-go packages to walk in/dump/walk out at the post office?

I've been going that route for years in the US. It's worlds above the old-fashioned method you seem to have used.

Just hoping this information can save you some precious time for your next venture.

And that torturous experience you suffered through makes us all appreciate you all the more.
You're too damn nice!

Thank you,
Jason

#8093 5 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

that torturous experience you suffered through makes us all appreciate you all the more.
You're too damn nice!

To be completely honest Jason I sat drinking a complimentary coffee while the desk clerk did all the typing in of each address

#8094 5 years ago

As y’all are waiting for your discs to come in, this weekend I finally got to install mine from the previous order and try it out: O....M....G!!! The ball will shoot out of there like it’s possessed!!!! Sometimes it’s screaming towards the flippers, sometimes it has so much spin that it will come out and head back up the Quorra shot!! Amazing how it adds another level of fun and difficulty to an already awesome pin!!

#8095 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

As y’all are waiting for your discs to come in, this weekend I finally got to install mine from the previous order and try it out: O....M....G!!! The ball will shoot out of there like it’s possessed!!!! Sometimes it’s screaming towards the flippers, sometimes it has so much spin that it will come out and head back up the Quorra shot!! Amazing how it adds another level of fun and difficulty to an already awesome pin!!

which color are you using?

#8096 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I like the sound of this!

#8097 5 years ago

Yes the disc is brutal, it feels like your machine will not survive and be ripped apart. Oh it will slow down over time. Still fun but not like that first 100 plays. Maybe better for the machine

#8098 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Disc update!
Batches 3, 4 and 5 where all processed by outbound depot this morning!
All orders for discs and other Tron related parts have now either been shipped (batches 1 and 2) or are now on their way.
Thank you for everyone’s patience while we delt with some important family issues.

What am I missing out on? Went back 10 pages but can't see it. I don't know what it is but I feel like I need it in my life.

#8099 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Sometimes it’s screaming towards the flippers, sometimes it has so much spin that it will come out and head back up the Quorra shot!!

Maybe I need to work on reversing the spin direction of the disc so I can get it to head back up for the Gem shot!!

#8100 5 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

What am I missing out on? Went back 10 pages but can't see it. I don't know what it is but I feel like I need it in my life.

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/tron-legacy/?sPage=1&sPerPage=24

Scroll down Phil and you will see rubber pads for the disc in Tron, Black, blue and clear.

The clear put crazy spin on the ball so when it fires back at you out of the disc area the ball does some insane things, makes the shot a lot more risky as the ball comes out a lot more wild and unpredictable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/162 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.