(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 476 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Fytr
  • Topic is favorited by 143 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 401 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 60 votes
    11%

(563 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,266 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191125_100130 (resized).jpg
20191125_071829 (resized).jpg
45CA4C72-1E5B-4934-9248-2DA1D4F94079 (resized).jpeg
EC3635BA-C031-4D50-92AA-E6D0A25D8726 (resized).jpeg
DE99EB72-0942-49E3-9985-F790D5A1F569 (resized).jpeg
E6E45E7C-5552-401B-B918-3502BD55C609 (resized).jpeg
tronflipperfuses (resized).jpg
B3A2B4C0-E9EB-4DEF-A6EC-57EE3A255961 (resized).jpeg
20191030_191954 (resized).jpg
20191025_214447 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191016_213037 (resized).jpg
C3274E82-5928-4425-80FC-82E5869342BA (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg

There are 9330 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 187.
#8001 1 year ago

So sticker on back says May 9 2012. Does this mean I have a third run? If so I was lied too. I am an adult so it is partly on me for not checking more into this machine. What do yall think?

#8002 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

So sticker on back says May 9 2012. Does this mean I have a third run? If so I was lied too. I am an adult so it is partly on me for not checking more into this machine. What do yall think?

I think it doesn't matter if the game is in good condition. If your cabinet has decals and not silkscreened art with that date then it's 3rd edition. Play on!

#8003 1 year ago

after looking it over more I cant tell if its decals, also there is no sticker saying what run it is either. I'm still pretty new to this hobby. Can someone post a pick of the shaker motor wiring? The research I am finding says Stern wired the 3rd and 4th runs with the wiring just not the motor. If mine has it I guess that's a plus that I can add a shaker without having to also add all the wiring. Ya the cab and playfield are in perfect shape so I'm not overly upset. Ill add this purchase to the pay more attention next time dumb a-- file.

#8004 1 year ago

Mine is August of 2011, which was that little squirt run they did at the end of the first run. It has the car. They ran out of the cycles fairly early.

And these are the side graphics I added this morning:

68E821A5-9B69-493A-A23E-35AC001A4A91 (resized).jpeg

I’m not 100% sure how I like them yet, but I wanted to give them a chance.

#8005 1 year ago

I just did something I've never done before. Started SOS twice in one game. I beat it the second time, but then scored a paltry 3.3 million in Portal. I did put up a new GC score, so I have that going for me.
20180704_150011 (resized).jpg

#8006 1 year ago

To everyone waiting on disc orders to ship, can you please bare with me.

Without going into too much detail, my girlfriends son was admitted into hospital last week, he came out over the weekend but as of the early hours of this morning has been taken into intensive care.

I have everyone’s remaining orders packaged and ready to go and I did plan to get those all out today but spent most of today traveling backwards and forwards from her place to the hospital getting her and the little man things.

Really sorry guys for the delays, it is stressing me out not getting these out sooner but if you guys can just bare with me that would take a weight off my mind, I will do my best to get these out before the weekend.

#8007 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Mine is August of 2011, which was that little squirt run they did at the end of the first run. It has the car. They ran out of the cycles fairly early.
And these are the side graphics I added this morning:

I’m not 100% sure how I like them yet, but I wanted to give them a chance.

I have the same sides, but mirrored.

Love em. Really beings out the ramp lighting.

15307461210931148760411150550716 (resized).jpg15307461883115746197208545266801 (resized).jpg
#8008 1 year ago

Meegis do you have any fitment issues with those blades when it comes to raising and lowering the playfield?

#8009 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Without going into too much detail, my girlfriends son was admitted into hospital last week, he came out over the weekend but as of the early hours of this morning has been taken into intensive care.
I have everyone’s remaining orders packaged and ready to go and I did plan to get those all out today but spent most of today traveling backwards and forwards from her place to the hospital getting her and the little man things.
Really sorry guys for the delays, it is stressing me out not getting these out sooner but if you guys can just bare with me that would take a weight off my mind, I will do my best to get these out before the weekend.

My prayers are with you and your family.
You have much greater things to take care of and worry about, than some of our mods.

#8010 1 year ago

Meegis do you have any fitment issues with those blades when it comes to raising and lowering the playfield?

I do not, but you have to make sure install is perfect. Screws need to be perfectly flat and if you over tighten the metal bows outward.

I have mirror blades on my iron Man as well. Pingraffix makes great stuff

You can shoot JOERAPTOR2003 a message if you need more info.

#8011 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

No worries!!!...family first....just grateful you would do this for us.....no rush at all on my end....mark

#8012 1 year ago

Have these in mirror blade version. No fit issues whatsoever. No problem lifting playfield up or down.

O (17) (resized).JPG

#8013 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I have the same sides, but mirrored.
Love em. Really beings out the ramp lighting.

I wasn’t sure how those ones would look, but they look awesome. I figured in the end I’d end up with regular mirror blades, but now I’m not ao sure about that.

#8014 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Family is always more important. Take care of what you have to then when your family is all good send out the parts. Anyone who doesn't share the same sentiments needs their priorites checked!

#8015 1 year ago

Added speaker acrylics

IMG_20180701_110234 (resized).jpg
#8016 1 year ago

Love this game. Only been able to get 43 mil so far. Mods to come for sure. My playfield doesn't have the underside slide supports it has the two black posts. Can the slide supports be added? I did see in the manual it shows them.

#8017 1 year ago

Love this game. Only been able to get 43 mil so far. Mods to come for sure. My playfield doesn't have the underside slide supports it has the two black posts. Can the slide supports be added? I did see in the manual it shows them.

Yep!

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1956

#8018 1 year ago

Anybody remove their mylar? I'm thinking of removing mine.

#8019 1 year ago

Anybody remove their mylar? I'm thinking of removing mine.

Why remove it?

#8020 1 year ago

There is one tiny spot on the side of the piece in front of the hole under the arcade that is coming up. Thought I would at least remove that piece. Just don't want to f up the paint used the freeze method on my T2 and didn't have any problems.

#8021 1 year ago

just cut off the spot that's coming up.

#8022 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me if Tron LE has LED flashers or not? I know it has insert LEDs, and incandescent GI, but unsure about flashers.

I feintly recall seeing a gameplay video where in one of the modes the two blue backpanel flashers faded up and down which would suggest that they weren't LEDs (unless things have moved on since the days of Bally/Williams where you need LED/GI OCD boards?)

Getting to the flasher bulbs is unnecessarily complicated for some reason on this pin (maybe all Stern pins) so would be useful to me if someone could simply tell me if they are LEDs on the LE or not.

#8023 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Can anyone tell me if Tron LE has LED flashers or not? I know it has insert LEDs, and incandescent GI, but unsure about flashers.
I feintly recall seeing a gameplay video where in one of the modes the two blue backpanel flashers faded up and down which would suggest that they weren't LEDs (unless things have moved on since the days of Bally/Williams where you need LED/GI OCD boards?)
Getting to the flasher bulbs is unnecessarily complicated for some reason on this pin (maybe all Stern pins) so would be useful to me if someone could simply tell me if they are LEDs on the LE or not.

I thought all versions of Tron only came with incandescents, period.

#8024 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I thought all versions of Tron only came with incandescents, period.

Tron LE has LEDs for the inserts, soldered on LE-specific boards (there's probably a technical word for that).

The previous owner of my pin changed the GI to LEDs, and possibly the flashers too, but I was hoping someone could tell me definitively if it was JUST the inserts that were LEDs on Tron LE.

#8025 1 year ago

My understanding is:
Inserts = LED boards
GI - Incandescent
Flashers - Incandescent

I know on my LE some of the harder to replace flashers were still incandescent when I picked it up second hand. The easier ones were all LED so I'm guessing the owner changed the ones he could comfortably do and left the rest alone.

#8026 1 year ago

Thanks. Harder to replace as in availability? Or physical access to replace?

#8027 1 year ago

And I find the Flynn’s arcade flasher needs to stay incandescent. The behaviour of that bulb does not like LED at all.

#8028 1 year ago

I'm still waiting for my tron disc order to be shipped but for the guys that received theres, how is it?

#8029 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm still waiting for my tron disc order to be shipped but for the guys that received theres, how is it?

Either color is a huge upgrade. I went with blue awhile back and it's still rock solid.

#8030 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Thanks. Harder to replace as in availability? Or physical access to replace?

Physical access. The ones around the disc are a bit more challenging to get to. None of them would fall in the "hard" category in my opinion but that was my guess on why they were still incandescent but the rest were LED.

#8031 1 year ago

pretty sure every bulb in my game is LED, down to the start button. well, i guess the fluorescent tube isn't.

#8032 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

pretty sure every bulb in my game is LED, down to the start button. well, i guess the fluorescent tube isn't.

Because somebody changed them out. Tron Pro was full incandescent from the factory.

#8033 1 year ago

Portal Animation Update - I got my 10 test controllers in from China today. Got the first one wired up and it it works! This weekend I'll put some more effort into a mounting system but so far so good.

#8034 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Because somebody changed them out. Tron Pro was full incandescent from the factory.

oh, no doubt. sorry, didn't mean it like that.

#8035 1 year ago

My girlfriends little boy is finally coming out of hospital, should be getting discharged at some point tomorrow hopefully early afternoon, so will finally have him back at home, which will put an end to the daily trips to and from the hospital morning and night.

Obviously this means I can get back up to speed and get all remaining orders out to you guys, but before that just a BIG thank you for everyone’s patience it has made a difficult time a lot easier and the kind words from some of you guys have been really appreciated by both myself and the misses.

#8036 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

And I find the Flynn’s arcade flasher needs to stay incandescent. The behaviour of that bulb does not like LED at all.

Mine seems fine... Unless you're speaking of a different light.

Do you mean next to the scoop to signal sos?

#8037 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Portal Animation Update - I got my 10 test controllers in from China today. Got the first one wired up and it it works! This weekend I'll put some more effort into a mounting system but so far so good.

Very cool. I thought I was done modding mine, but this one is tempting...

Apologies if these questions aren't answered already, but:

1 - Got a price point in mind?
2 - Will the end user be able to adjust the animation speed?
3 - Can the LED strip brightness be adjusted? (I'm sure it could always be dimmed by applying tape over it...)

Thanks!
-Jason

#8038 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

My girlfriends little boy is finally coming out of hospital, should be getting discharged at some point tomorrow hopefully early afternoon, so will finally have him back at home, which will put an end to the daily trips to and from the hospital morning and night.
Obviously this means I can get back up to speed and get all remaining orders out to you guys, but before that just a BIG thank you for everyone’s patience it has made a difficult time a lot easier and the kind words from some of you guys have been really appreciated by both myself and the misses.

Thank you for the update. I’m glad he is getting better

#8039 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Whats this tron disc you speak of?

#8041 1 year ago

I assume no one getting these replacement discs are worried about shattered plastics or whatever? I've heard it throws the ball out with quite considerable ferocity.

#8042 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I assume no one getting these replacement discs are worried about shattered plastics or whatever? I've heard it throws the ball out with quite considerable ferocity.

Nope. I’ve been using these clear discs for a long time now and no damage ever. Just grid-tearing awesomeness.

#8043 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Nope. I’ve been using these clear discs for a long time now and no damage ever. Just grid-tearing awesomeness.

That and I've installed the pinbits plastic protectors and cliffy ramp protectors already for added safety.

Quoted from jasonbar:

Very cool. I thought I was done modding mine, but this one is tempting...
Apologies if these questions aren't answered already, but:
1 - Got a price point in mind?
2 - Will the end user be able to adjust the animation speed?
3 - Can the LED strip brightness be adjusted? (I'm sure it could always be dimmed by applying tape over it...)
Thanks!
-Jason

1- I'm shooting for $50 for a plug an play treatment. That is: Mounting bracket to the light tube, panel for the light strip, light strip w/ controller installed, wiring long enough to reach the spare 5v plug in the front of the game and the Molex connector to plug into that connector or a distribution block. I could probably look at just the light strip without the bracket and panel for $25 shipped.
2 - Yes. The speed is controllable.
3 - No, the brightness is set. But you can change the output colors and animations. Their are aprox 40 different animations that the controller will do. Only 3 felt like something that would go with the translight due to colors but their are several options.

Not really sure the amount of interest. Right now I have enough controllers to make 7 kits. If their is more interest I'll have to order more, which took fore ever to ship and arrive

#8044 1 year ago

i'd be down for a plug-n-play portal light kit. the spare power connector at the front has one of my mods in it currently, however, so it stays on during gi blackout. you mentioned a distribution block?

#8045 1 year ago

I would be interested in one as well.

#8046 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i'd be down for a plug-n-play portal light kit. the spare power connector at the front has one of my mods in it currently, however, so it stays on during gi blackout. you mentioned a distribution block?

I figured most people with a Tron have them due to the number of mods available. I believe their is one at the front of the cab and one in the head stock. The block (linked below) allows you to cleanly add more items. I have my light cycles and FLYNN sign installed in one as well as my backpanel light.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4234

#8047 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That and I've installed the pinbits plastic protectors and cliffy ramp protectors already for added safety.

1- I'm shooting for $50 for a plug an play treatment. That is: Mounting bracket to the light tube, panel for the light strip, light strip w/ controller installed, wiring long enough to reach the spare 5v plug in the front of the game and the Molex connector to plug into that connector or a distribution block. I could probably look at just the light strip without the bracket and panel for $25 shipped.
3 - No, the brightness is set. But you can change the output colors and animations. Their are aprox 40 different animations that the controller will do. Only 3 felt like something that would go with the translight due to colors but their are several options.
Not really sure the amount of interest. Right now I have enough controllers to make 7 kits. If their is more interest I'll have to order more, which took fore ever to ship and arrive

I'm thinking about this... Looks great!!

I'd likely be in on the first batch if not sold out yet.

#8048 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Fabulousness!

More than interested--put me down to buy 1 kit when it's ready.
I don't need the fluorescent mount bracket. I've already got custom flashers on poster board in the backbox.

Thanks!
-Jason

#8049 1 year ago

Question? After about 40 plays my upper left flipper has started to stay in the up position after a flip. It will come down if I hit the right flipper button or double left button. I have checked the coil and mounting under the flipper but all seem well. Any ideas?

#8050 1 year ago

OH and I LOVE this machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn , NY
There are 9330 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 187.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside