IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg

There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 233.
#7901 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The good news...on the LE, you don't really need it (imho)...Herg's boards are a must on alot of my machines...this isn't one of them....

Thanks. Not like I have a lot of choice

I have a couple of other questions for everyone...

- What is the size of the rubber band(s) that are behind the drop targets on the LE? All of the posts I've found talking about replacing Tron bands don't mention it.

- Is there a step-by-step guide for removing the ramps? Do I have to pull the flasher and switch leads up through the playfield after disconnecting them below?

Thanks.

#7902 5 years ago

Yes, you need to feed the wires through the PF and plastic when removing the ramps.

I don't recall the exact size of that rubber but, if memory servers me correctly, it was one size larger than the one below it to the left. The one right above the left outlane, so I think it's 2 inches.

#7903 5 years ago

It fixed the problem. The optos are terrible on this game. Thank you for the help.

#7904 5 years ago

Disc order update:

Just little heads up guys, I have sent invoices out in batches (along with invoices for the other games and parts I was asked for in a couple others threads via pm) I have a few people I am waiting on for payment before I send invoices for batches 3 and 4 out.

Once all those are sorted I will get more invoices out so don’t worry if you haven’t had one yet I am on it and promise I will get round to you this weekend.

Apologies I been prepping for a regional bodybuilding champsionship this weekend, so it’s been a case of finish work, eat, straight to gym, eat dust and bed, done ALOT of sleeping this week.

Everyone will have an invoice at the latest Saturday night by 10/11pm UK time, which should give me plenty of time to get home and celebrate with a large dominos pizza

#7905 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Disc order update:
Just little heads up guys, I have sent invoices out in batches (along with invoices for the other games and parts I was asked for in a couple others threads via pm) I have a few people I am waiting on for payment before I send invoices for batches 3 and 4 out.
Once all those are sorted I will get more invoices out so don’t worry if you haven’t had one yet I am on it and promise I will get round to you this weekend.
Apologies I been prepping for a regional bodybuilding champsionship this weekend, so it’s been a case of finish work, eat, straight to gym, eat dust and bed, done ALOT of sleeping this week.
Everyone will have an invoice at the latest Saturday night by 10/11pm UK time, which should give me plenty of time to get home and celebrate with a large dominos pizza

Damn....i haven't remember to check in with this thread for a few weeks and looks like i missed out.
If there are is any chance of grabbing some can you pm me please.

#7906 5 years ago

So just got my first Tron. Was my holy Grail pin and now more so is because if the addicting and dare I say perfect game play. Was wondering if anyone was familiar with mods failing and how to fix them. The one I have is a pro and it has quite a few mods but some of them are starting to "not work". It came with the mods so I did not install them. Basically the Eli's ramp kit stopped working after a day's worth of play and the day after the speaker lightup kit went out. The only functional thing not working is the e in zuse which was working on and off when I first got it as well. I double checked all connections and they all feel solid at the connector level.

Luckily this thing does have a warenty and the guys are supposed to be out Thursday to fix it but if like to learn how to do this stuff on my own as much as I can.

#7907 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

So just got my first Tron. Was my holy Grail pin and now more so is because if the addicting and dare I say perfect game play. Was wondering if anyone was familiar with mods failing and how to fix them. The one I have is a pro and it has quite a few mods but some of them are starting to "not work". It came with the mods so I did not install them. Basically the Eli's ramp kit stopped working after a day's worth of play and the day after the speaker lightup kit went out. The only functional thing not working is the e in zuse which was working on and off when I first got it as well. I double checked all connections and they all feel solid at the connector level.
Luckily this thing does have a warenty and the guys are supposed to be out Thursday to fix it but if like to learn how to do this stuff on my own as much as I can.

Both of those things probably work off the same 12v connection. Could have come loose.

#7908 5 years ago

First time ever on Tron getting portal without needing sea of simulation during double scoring. 100 million bonus for doing so. I'm not beating that for a while.

Holy crap that was a rush.

20180609_145520 (resized).jpg20180609_145520 (resized).jpg
#7909 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

More
Both of those things probably work off the same 12v connection. Could have come loose.

First thing I checked were connectors and I doubled up on that just to make sure. I just triple checked the 15 pin on the power and the 6 pin on the CPU specifically (along with every other connector) because of the 12v and all were firm. Even after disconnecting and reconnecting no results. Lifted up the play field and still found no loose connectors. Tried every single one. Specifically the ones connected to the mini boards for the mod. No results. Scratching my head atm.

#7910 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

First time ever on Tron getting portal without needing sea of simulation during double scoring. 100 million bonus for doing so. I'm not beating that for a while.
Holy crap that was a rush.

Nice, I've only got the full double collect a few times myself, awesome feeling!

GC (resized).jpgGC (resized).jpg

#7911 5 years ago

double post

#7912 5 years ago

Speaker lights fixed but no effect on the ramp. Was a connection not held together very well. Ramps still giving me hell.

#7913 5 years ago

Invoice on there way out later tonight guys, my apologies for not doing it last night, ended up celebrating after getting home from the comp, will have everything done and dusted later tonight.

#7914 5 years ago

A little more love for my LE!

IMG_1484 (resized).JPGIMG_1484 (resized).JPG
IMG_1483 (resized).JPGIMG_1483 (resized).JPG

#7915 5 years ago

Just to document in case anyone else experiences this. The lights to my ramp kit, the wires for the connector caught under the motor under the play field and they were crimped. After rescuing them from under there there were no issues. Everything for the ramps fixed. Speakers were one connector that came off and another with a loose connection. Need to reinforce that connector some how. Now just to trouble shoot the e in zuse and we are back in full action

#7916 5 years ago

they hot glue some connectors from the factory. could try that.

#7917 5 years ago

Can anyone give me any tips or step by step instructions for removing the ramps from an LE?

I've had a look around the playfield and it looks like in a few places flasher wires are cabled tied on top that would make pulling the wires through difficult without snipping them. Is that a natural part of the process?

Do all flashers and switches need to be disconnected below the playfield and pulled up through? Can they not simply be unscrewed from the ramps?

Does the moving recogniser need to be removed to gain access to the disc? (and it's surrounding rubbers etc)

Thanks in advance.

#7918 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

they hot glue some connectors from the factory. could try that.

I may try that. Appreciate it big time. Having an oddity with the lights on the ramp now actually. One side kinda has a color or two mixed up. Green won't show up and yellow shows up as red. Hoping this is fixable but not finding much as of yet.

#7919 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I've had a look around the playfield and it looks like in a few places flasher wires are cabled tied on top that would make pulling the wires through difficult without snipping them. Is that a natural part of the process?

Those cable ties are on posts. Once you undo the screws holding the ramps to the posts and lift the ramp away from the top of the post, the cable tie slides up and off the post. Don’t think of them as cable ties. Think of them as a securing ring that slides over the posts.

#7920 5 years ago

Sorry didn't mean to post

#7921 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Those cable ties are on posts. Once you undo the screws holding the ramps to the posts and lift the ramp away from the top of the post, the cable tie slides up and off the post. Don’t think of them as cable ties. Think of them as a securing ring that slides over the posts.

Thanks.

Any other tips I should be aware of? Am concerned about breaking something whilst removing them.

#7922 5 years ago

Think I found the culprit. Still new to this so haven't done a repair on a connector yet

IMG_20180610_195110126 (resized).jpgIMG_20180610_195110126 (resized).jpg
#7923 5 years ago

Okay its 2:30am here now, finally got the last invoices sent out tonight, I am aware I sent a couple of people the wrong invoices - I was multi tasking at the time, that is code for pretending I was actually doing work at work and not on Pinside

So anyone who got an order for TWD, MET or parts for any game other than TRON, please ignore it and scroll past it as I sent the correct invoice immediately after.

Everyone below you should all now have received an invoice if not, please pm me directly asap.

mk6pin = 3 x clear
delt31 = 3 x clear + 2 x blue
brett = 3 x clear
twinmice = 2 x clear
andrewket = 2 x clear
85vett = 3 x clear
chosen_s = 1 x clear + 1 x blue
gorillabiscuits = 3 x clear
mokthemagicman = 3 x clear
herg = 3 x clear
kickabit = 3 x clear
saveleaningtower = 1 x clear + 1 x blue
wvpinball = 2 x clear
cistearns = 1 x clear + 1 x blue
blacktoothgrin = 2 x clear
silverballer = 2 x clear
northvibe = 1 x clear
macjedi = 2 x clear + 1 x key chain
jeffr = 2 x clear + 1 x blue
racerx61 = 2 x clear
bojo = 2 x clear + 1 x blue
superbob = 2 x clear
dzmechanical = 2 x clear + 2 x blue
dante = 2 x clear
menacefire = 2 x clear
boomerski = 2 x clear
moonwk = 2 x clear
micky = 2 clear + 1 blue

#7924 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Just to document in case anyone else experiences this. The lights to my ramp kit, the wires for the connector caught under the motor under the play field and they were crimped. After rescuing them from under there there were no issues. Everything for the ramps fixed. Speakers were one connector that came off and another with a loose connection. Need to reinforce that connector some how. Now just to trouble shoot the e in zuse and we are back in full action

I'd try a zip tie before hot gluing, perhaps.

#7925 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

More
I'd try a zip tie before hot gluing, perhaps.

Perfect. Will save me the trip and expenses. I got that at home. Green side is fixed. Only thing wrong now is during clu mode the ramps are supposed to be yellow. I got one that is and another that is a quarter yellow and three quarters red. Anyone ever hear of this happening?

#7926 5 years ago

you need another LED board. it's the board that screws into the blue box under the playfield. definitely not the controller in the backbox. i just went through this exact same thing.

#7927 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

you need another LED board. it's the board that screws into the blue box under the playfield. definitely not the controller in the backbox. i just went through this exact same thing.

Thank you so much. So the tiny one under the play field that connects to the tubes?

#7928 5 years ago

yeah, each ramp has a light tube, each end of the tube is held into the blue block with tightening screws, then there's an LED board attached to the blue block. you just need a new LED board.

#7929 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

yeah, each ramp has a light tube, each end of the tube is held into the blue block with tightening screws, then there's an LED board attached to the blue block. you just need a new LED board.

Thanks. My warenty guy actually got ahold of the maker of the mod today. He said it may be another thing or two besides a bad board. I will ask him exactly what it is and report back Incase there is a fix without buying a new board.

#7930 5 years ago

pinbits sent me a controller first. that didn't work, then they sent me an LED board which fixed me up; free of charge.

#7931 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

pinbits sent me a controller first. that didn't work, then they sent me an LED board which fixed me up; free of charge.

That is awesome to hear. So when my warenty is done they will work with you on it if you talk to them. Btw I don't know if I have professed my love enough for this game. Only had it for less than a week. Hit SOS twice now. This game is just the most satisfying have I have ever played.

#7932 5 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

A little more love for my LE!

Cool, I am ready to come play it again!

#7933 5 years ago

So in fact the board was bad for that ramp light kit. He's ordering and installing another one no extra charge. Speaker light kit cable was cut a bit so a resoldered job there and fixed. Game is just about full capacity again. Anyone know where to get the best deal on chromed out stuff

#7934 5 years ago

On the subject of ramp lights, does anyone have a good photo (or can take one) of the fibre optics going into the boards on the LE version? I'd like to compare how mine is routed.

#7935 5 years ago

This may be a long shot, but doesn’t hurt to ask: the TRON I purchased a few weeks back came with powder coated orange TRON legacy armor for the legs, hinges, lockbar, and lollipop rails. While it looks good and is in great condition, I prefer the blue version. Is there anyone out there that has the equivalent blue armor and would want to do a swap for my orange armor?? I’ve attached some pics, it is in great condition.....

4578C2D6-127F-410E-83A2-FA78DC73482F (resized).jpeg4578C2D6-127F-410E-83A2-FA78DC73482F (resized).jpeg4BFC90BF-6198-485F-8962-996DE56EB336 (resized).jpeg4BFC90BF-6198-485F-8962-996DE56EB336 (resized).jpeg8F4DFC86-CE1A-4BC2-A96D-F67DEEF0C9DE (resized).jpeg8F4DFC86-CE1A-4BC2-A96D-F67DEEF0C9DE (resized).jpegE61B8F43-276E-4C51-A52B-6DB9D9851DFB (resized).jpegE61B8F43-276E-4C51-A52B-6DB9D9851DFB (resized).jpeg
#7936 5 years ago

it could grow on you.

#7937 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

it could grow on you.

....agreed, I don't dislike it at all, just like the blue ones better that I have seen. If someone wants to do a trade so it's basically the cost of shipping for the change I'll do it, however I don't dislike the orange so much to spend on repowdercoating it.........

#7938 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

....agreed, I don't dislike it at all, just like the blue ones better that I have seen. If someone wants to do a trade so it's basically the cost of shipping for the change I'll do it, however I don't dislike the orange so much to spend on repowdercoating it.........

I just bought a Tron with the same orange armor and I LOVE the look of it. So much that I want to do the coin door as well but having a problem finding the exact color to match it and provide to someone to do the service. Anyone have any insight or specifics, I believe it was from PinballLife originally?

#7939 5 years ago

Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers limited edition available for Tron, 5 minutes to install:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01698-tron-lighted-magnetic-hinge-cover-light-blue-limited-edition

Light blue panels are light blue on, and white off. Here is a picture on and off.

0615181626_resized (resized).jpg0615181626_resized (resized).jpg0615181626a_resized (resized).jpg0615181626a_resized (resized).jpg
#7940 5 years ago

Anyone want to sell a clear or blue (or BOTH) Tron Legacy disc set for double what you paid for it? I cant figure out how to order from the Pinball Center in Germany... I give up and am fine giving someone a profit if it is just sitting in a drawer!
THANKS!!

#7941 5 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Anyone want to sell a clear or blue (or BOTH) Tron Legacy disc set for double what you paid for it? I cant figure out how to order from the Pinball Center in Germany... I give up and am fine giving someone a profit if it is just sitting in a drawer!
THANKS!!

Just pm’d you I just did a bulk order (4 batches) for owners in this thread.

I ordered a few spares due to people pm’ing me and joining up late in the day.

If you get back to me via that pm and let me know if it’s definitely clear you want, blue or both.

#7942 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-of-pinball-vote-now

My precious Tron is losing SKB’s poll in there. Get on the grid and get a vote in for the best damn game ever made.

#7943 5 years ago

Tron vote cast.

#7944 5 years ago

Last two batches of discs ordered, if you haven’t already received one then look out for pms next week with tracking info.

#7945 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-of-pinball-vote-now
My precious Tron is losing SKB’s poll in there. Get on the grid and get a vote in for the best damn game ever made.

Nah...groups are rigged.....Tron easily the best in that group, but the few that enjoy DI are hard core, probably started a petition to get more votes.....DI,MET, and IMDN should have been in the same group....would have weeded it out quick......

The grid is the grid......

#7946 5 years ago

voted for TRON; never played DI.

#7947 5 years ago

Some progress made on my translight. Total cost so far is $40 and about 2 hours in labor soldering the lights up. Tied into 5v on my pig.

Also working on this for my topper. Think I'll try to find a clue disc as well and may try to integrate the center section in with the flashers on the ramps or disc. Thoughts? Basically took the guts out of the toy disc and added a light strip and some of the left over fiber optic wire from my ramps.

20180624_195817 (resized).jpg20180624_195817 (resized).jpg20180624_195826 (resized).jpg20180624_195826 (resized).jpg
#7948 5 years ago

Ok, that’s a sweet mod.

#7949 5 years ago

Amazing effect on the translite with the upward moving lighting. Please share your construction method in detail when you consider it done. Looks fantastic!

#7950 5 years ago

85vett that’s possibly the best version of animating the Portal I’ve seen, can you do a step by step and list what you used or you can make some kits and send one my way

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
12,028 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
$ 49.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/159?hl=aukraut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.