tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 233.
#7701 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I sent pinballcenter a message asking about shipping. Their site says they don't ship to the USA which seems odd as I've bought from them before. It also added $440 to the order at the same time. Will see what they say. I'll order a couple spares if they can help me with shipping, if not, I guess I'm stuck with the black from pinball life. Was really hoping to get a set of the clear as my friend had it on his game back when he still had it and the action from that disc was super fun. I once had a ball come out of the disc, go through the middle of the flippers and spin all the way back up for a Quora shot!

What are you looking for?

#7702 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I sent pinballcenter a message asking about shipping. Their site says they don't ship to the USA which seems odd as I've bought from them before. It also added $440 to the order at the same time. Will see what they say. I'll order a couple spares if they can help me with shipping, if not, I guess I'm stuck with the black from pinball life. Was really hoping to get a set of the clear as my friend had it on his game back when he still had it and the action from that disc was super fun. I once had a ball come out of the disc, go through the middle of the flippers and spin all the way back up for a Quora shot!

Therein lies the problem....you need to find someone over there to buy them, then ship to US...PC added crazy overseas pricing for some unknown reason. Think J85M was the last to facilitate an order for these...possibly someone else over the pond could help.....

#7703 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Best route.....
I'd be willing to pickup a couple more, if someone wants to put another order together (never getting rid of mine until they all go)....

Add me to the order. I’ll take three.

#7704 5 years ago

I'll take 3 too.

#7705 5 years ago

What is the link of this clear disc?

#7706 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

What are you looking for?

here's the link:

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/pinball-rubber/miscellaneous/4365/disc-rubber-set-for-tron-legacy-transparent

they are in Germany......can you help? I'll buy 2 more, if it helps

#7707 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Correct, about a year ago they started to refuse to do business with customers in the USA, and if you try to bypass their USA refusal and still put in a US ship-to address they add the $400+ surcharge. Several threads about this here on Pinside as well as some successful and unsuccessful ways of circumventing their USA ban....

#7708 5 years ago

You mean it is just for removing the factory black rubbers with this set?
What is the aim?
Yes I guess I can help. Note here shipping cost for international letter and overseas: https://tarifs-postaux.fr/international.htm

#7709 5 years ago

You mean it is just for removing the factory black rubbers with this set?
What is the aim?
Yes I guess I can help. Note here shipping cost for international letter and overseas: https://tarifs-postaux.fr/international.htm

Yes, the clear rubber plays exponentially better ( fast and extremely random releases), along w zero black skid marks to deal with.

This has always been the "must have" mod for TRON....disc has a whole new meaning......

#7710 5 years ago

I might throw my Canadian hat in the ring for you Americans.

If someone wants to facilitate the order and organize. I'll happily accept here and be able to bring down to pinburgh with me in July.

I can offer many people from Canada and USA to vouch for me as well.

Keep me in mind if you guys need a shipping outlet

#7711 5 years ago

Why ordering several? For another pinball fellow or for stock? It wears a lot?
And so, who is in and for how many sets?

#7712 5 years ago

Why ordering several? For another pinball fellow or for stock? It wears a lot?
And so, who is in and for how many sets?

They do wear out over time.

Curious, has anyone talked to titan pinball about making some?

***edit. I sent them a message.

#7713 5 years ago

Does anyone have a video of what happens if you complete the portal? There was a video link on pinside but it doesn’t work.

#7714 5 years ago

I’m interested if someone figures this out.

#7715 5 years ago

Got in touch with Titan and surprisingly nobody's reached out before. Y'all should be ashamed

They are interested in making replacement disc in silicone. Anyone know what the clear disc used to adhear to the disc? Think finding something to stick it on with is the hardest part. For some reason I thought my friend used contact cement. He's out of the country so I can't ask him.

#7716 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Myself and several people have had good success using a forwarding service to have pinball center ship to them and forward to the US, I don’t have time to deal with a group buy or I’d help out and help myself. But several folks would get upset with my timeliness for certain.

#7717 5 years ago

I will take 2.

#7718 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Therein lies the problem....you need to find someone over there to buy them, then ship to US...PC added crazy overseas pricing for some unknown reason. Think J85M was the last to facilitate an order for these...possibly someone else over the pond could help.....

I’ll do it again but this time I’d have to ask for payment upfront off everyone, as last time a number of pinsiders changed their minds and left me with over a dozen discs I didn’t need.

Thankfully though there was a number of awesome pinsiders that took those extras off my hands, more than happy to help but I wouldn’t be able to do anything until this weekend, had a lot of family issues recently that has required 100% of my time and attention but I could get a simple bulk order done this weekend!

#7719 5 years ago

what about blue dmd vs colordmd?

I’m going to disagree with others here. I like the blue DMD better in Tron. I love ColorDMD in some games, but not Tron.

The one thing the blue needed was a polarizing filter. When I first put it in, it was too bright. Then a friend gave me a blue shield with a polarizing filter that he used to have on his Tron. That made it perfect.

#7720 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’m going to disagree with others here. I like the blue DMD better in Tron. I love ColorDMD in some games, but not Tron.
The one thing the blue needed was a polarizing filter. When I first put it in, it was too bright. Then a friend gave me a blue shield with a polarizing filter that he used to have on his Tron. That made it perfect.

I agree with you somewhat on this. Out of all of my games, Tron's color DMD is the least impressive. I def think it's better than blue BUT if you're looking to save a little cash it's not a huge difference (ex - MET being the complete opposite).

#7721 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ll do it again but this time I’d have to ask for payment upfront off everyone, as last time a number of pinsiders changed their minds and left me with over a dozen discs I didn’t need.
Thankfully though there was a number of awesome pinsiders that took those extras off my hands, more than happy to help but I wouldn’t be able to do anything until this weekend, had a lot of family issues recently that has required 100% of my time and attention but I could get a simple bulk order done this weekend!

I have know problem paying in advance. Let me know what amount for three orders and shipping.
Thanks for Getting these for us.

#7722 5 years ago

Ok I have 5 minutes so I thought I’d put a short list together for those interested in clear discs for TRON.

MK6PIN
delt31
brett
twinmice
andrewket
85vett
Meegis
Chosen_S

If I have missed anyone or put someone on the list by mistake, please post below instead of sending me a pm, I suck at checking those at the moment, with the current family issues on going, if you post here I will see it and I will reply ASAP!

#7723 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

I have know problem paying in advance. Let me know what amount for three orders and shipping.
Thanks for Getting these for us.

Same as well. I would do 2 as I just want enough to get me by until Titan figures out the process/material then I'd rather buy from them (since they want to do business with me).

#7724 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Same as well. I would do 2 as I just want enough to get me by until Titan figures out the process/material then I'd rather buy from them (since they want to do business with me).

I don’t beleive it’s pinballcentre themselves being dicks, I could be wrong but I remember reading a while back something about them receiving several serious C&D warnings as some of their products are unlicensed copies of licensed parts - decals, plastics, cabinet decals etc.

From memory I beleive the easiest way for them to continue and avoid legal trouble was to not sell outside of europe.

#7725 5 years ago

Please put me down for three, cheers!

#7726 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ok I have 5 minutes so I thought I’d put a short list together for those interested in clear discs for TRON.
mk6pin
delt31
brett
twinmice
andrewket
85vett
meegis
chosen_s
If I have missed anyone or put someone on the list by mistake, please post below instead of sending me a pm, I suck at checking those at the moment, with the current family issues on going, if you post here I will see it and I will reply ASAP!

Glad you're doing this again!!! put me down for 3, instead of 2....thanks...mark

#7727 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I buy ALL of my rings, rubber, etc. through Titan...great company!!!...the disc is a unique compound and adhesive (still have to augment w the spray), and just not sure if/ when they could do this and would it be fiscally viable for them. Would be great if they did.

#7728 5 years ago

All right, you talked me into it. I'll do 3.

If titan figures it out I'll buy some from them as well as a thank you.

#7729 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I buy ALL of my rings, rubber, etc. through Titan...great company!!!...the disc is a unique compound and adhesive (still have to augment w the spray), and just not sure if/ when they could do this and would it be fiscally viable for them. Would be great if they did.

Speaking of Titan, have they released the translucent sling rubbers yet? I can’t access their site from work to look.

#7730 5 years ago

I'll take two as well J85M

Quoted from J85M:

mk6pin
delt31
brett
twinmice
andrewket
85vett
meegis
chosen_s

#7731 5 years ago

While I have chance I’ve updated the list and also added the number of discs people have asked for, again if there are any errors post here and I’ll correct them ASAP!

MK6PIN x 3
delt31 x 3
brett x 3
twinmice x 2
andrewket
85vett x 3
Meegis
Chosen_S
GorillaBiscuits x 3
Mokthemagicman x 2

#7732 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Speaking of Titan, have they released the translucent sling rubbers yet? I can’t access their site from work to look.

Are they an odd size? I bought a set of translucent rubbers last week using the kit they had on their site. From the kit it showed 2 1/4 Inch I.D. but the manual shows 2 inch. They have both in stock.

This game is crazy. I've already spent $300 in parts/mods for a game I don't even pick up till Sat that is already stupid nice with a bunch of mods already.

Speaking of MODS. Any LE owners swap the milky Fiber light wire with clear side illumination wire? I prefer the clear so was thinking about doing it and didn't want to reinvent the wheel if it's been done already. From what I can tell you need 20ft for one ramp and 21ft for the other. Wire isn't to expensive either - http://www.wiedamark.com/5mmsolidcorefiber.aspx Just didn't know what the total overall diameter was.

#7733 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

While I have chance I’ve updated the list and also added the number of discs people have asked for, again if there are any errors post here and I’ll correct them ASAP!

I'm in for a few as well:
herg x 3

Thanks for doing this. If you do end up with any extras this time, I'd be willing to take them and make them available for the inevitable guy who wants them after the bulk order is done.

#7734 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’d be in for few too. I have no problem paying up front. Thanks for doing this.

kickabit x 3

#7735 5 years ago

Maybe PBCenter will offer a volume discount if you order a ton of the clear discs? I think it would be worth asking them.

#7736 5 years ago

Can I get two blue too? I want to see the difference.

White - 3
Blue - 2

Thanks

#7737 5 years ago

J85M - Can I get a blue and translucent? Just let me know how to pay you. Thanks, Ant

#7738 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Maybe PBCenter will offer a volume discount if you order a ton of the clear discs? I think it would be worth asking them.

Last couple of times I did this I asked and got a polite no, however I was planning on asking again anyway I do love a good haggle and 3rd times the charm as they say

#7739 5 years ago

MK6PIN x 3
delt31 x 3 + 2 x blue
brett x 3
twinmice x 2
andrewket
85vett x 3
Meegis
Chosen_S
GorillaBiscuits x 3
Mokthemagicman x 2
herg x 3
kickabit x 3
Saveleaningtower x 1 + 1 x blue

Think that’s correct up to this point, any errors post here and I’ll update ASAP!

#7740 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

mk6pin x 3
delt31 x 3 + 2 x blue
brett x 3
twinmice x 2
andrewket
85vett x 3
meegis
chosen_s
gorillabiscuits x 3
mokthemagicman x 2
herg x 3
kickabit x 3
saveleaningtower x 1 + 1 x blue
Think that’s correct up to this point, any errors post here and I’ll update ASAP!

Put me down for two clear and a blue

#7741 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hope the 2-1/4 clears are in stock.....made for the grid!!!!...

#7742 5 years ago

Put me down 1x clear, 1x blue

Thanks for doing this again, it helps to spread out the cost

#7743 5 years ago

Btw I would be fine giving J85M $10 for doing this. If each person did the same that would be ideal. Time is money.

#7744 5 years ago

Buying this many I wonder what the cost for each will be for us? Ideas?

#7745 5 years ago

Hey Jon!
Put me down for 2 clear.
Thanks!!

#7746 5 years ago

Please put me down for 1x clear and 1x blue.
Thanks!

#7747 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

mk6pin x 3
delt31 x 3
brett x 3
twinmice x 2
andrewket
85vett x 3
meegis
chosen_s
gorillabiscuits x 3
mokthemagicman x 2

You can remove my name from the list. I do not need a clear disc right now.

I was offering a hand to those wanting, as I can ship to Canada with no issues.

Appreciate you helping out though.

Cheers to all on the order.

#7748 5 years ago

Updated list Meegis I have removed you from the list, sorry for the mistake mate.

MK6PIN x 3
delt31 x 3 + 2 x blue
brett x 3
twinmice x 2
andrewket
85vett x 3
Chosen_S x 1 + 1 x blue
GorillaBiscuits x 3
Mokthemagicman x 2
herg x 3
kickabit x 3
Saveleaningtower x 1 + 1 x blue
wvpinball x 2
cistearns x 1 + 1 x blue

#7749 5 years ago

if anybody get a spare of the laser cut armor set, raw, chromed or powder coated, with or without EL paper, please contact me.
thanks

#7750 5 years ago

Please put me down for 1 clear. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.