(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,063 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 389 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    19%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(550 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,204 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg
7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3239 (resized).jpg
IMG_3237 (resized).jpg
IMG_3201 (resized).jpg
IMG_3198 (resized).jpg
IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1930 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
71703595-04CC-40A2-9570-F1C237A70400 (resized).jpeg
88BA2A41-B3A9-4A82-8554-E48B0A7DC409.jpeg
74523D42-985D-4F8A-B1CD-C14E877893A4 (resized).jpeg
20190421_125801 (resized).jpg
20190402_162223 (resized).jpg

There are 9063 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 182.
#7651 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Herg: if you could take a pic of this it and the resistor specs it would be great to have for reference!

I used 2x Xicon 280-CR10-3.0-RC, 3 Ohm, 10W, wirewound resistors. They're cheap enough that I would suggest getting multiple values to try. I tried pairs of 1-5 Ohms and settled on the 3 Ohm. I added connectors and just plugged in between the motor and harness.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Xicon/280-CR10-30-RC?qs=%2fha2pyFaduhQnyZb%252bcSQhYMJQhy5oStP3USc4tFqbPCBhu0X%252bhlkSg%3d%3d

20180427_194239 (resized).jpg

#7652 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

so here's the challenge. I want the same level of grip as the black (not crazy like the white) BUT I don't want that black tar everywhere on the pf. What do you do?!

Pinball center has (or had) a blue disc, not as wild as the clear, but not as wimpy as the black one, no black tar

#7653 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

I used 2x Xicon 280-CR10-3.0-RC, 3 Ohm, 10W, wirewound resistors. They're cheap enough that I would suggest getting multiple values to try. I tried pairs of 1-5 Ohms and settled on the 3 Ohm. I added connectors and just plugged in between the motor and harness.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Xicon/280-CR10-30-RC?qs=%2fha2pyFaduhQnyZb%252bcSQhYMJQhy5oStP3USc4tFqbPCBhu0X%252bhlkSg%3d%3d

Never mind. Figured it out.

#7654 1 year ago
Quoted from Stones:

New to the club! Just got a Tron with no mods. It needs leds bad. Did you add leds here and there..... or buy complete kits? Normally, i just kind of piece together bulbs, but really want Tron to pop.

Speak to timebandit about his total light show package, other than that get yourself the arcade cabinet mod, those are the must haves for a Pro, everything else is a nice to have.

#7655 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

removed the clear for the same reason. i couldn't handle the stress of playing with it .

If you would just hang with it for about 50 or so plays it will mellow out and act like the back (new) rubber one. My disk plays great every game and I isn't scary anymore. It was totally worth it. Best mod I have ever done on my Tron.

#7656 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Speak to timebandit about his total light show package, other than that get yourself the arcade cabinet mod, those are the must haves for a Pro, everything else is a nice to have.

I started putting some leds in it now....left over bulbs I had...more on order. Totally agree on the arcade mod. I reached out to the folks who make them now. They said they will make another run late summer. I really looking forward to adding that on the machine. Not so sure about the Eli mod yet. I just put the color dmd in it yesterday.

#7657 1 year ago
Quoted from Stones:

I started putting some leds in it now....left over bulbs I had...more on order. Totally agree on the arcade mod. I reached out to the folks who make them now. They said they will make another run late summer. I really looking forward to adding that on the machine. Not so sure about the Eli mod yet. I just put the color dmd in it yesterday.

I think the Eli mod is the definitive mod for a Tron Pro, everything else is just nice to have. The interactive ramp lighting changes the entire atmosphere of the game, and moves it closer to an LE--well worth the cost and installation hassle. Add some mirror blades and it multiplies the lighting effect.

#7658 1 year ago
Quoted from Stones:

Not so sure about the Eli mod yet. I just put the color dmd in it yesterday.

As awesome as the Eli kit is, in my opinion you would be better off getting timebandit Total Lightshow (TLS) Tron kit, it takes it to another level, if I didnt have an LE, TLS is the definitive lighting mod for TRON and would be my choice! But either way your going to give your retinas an orgasm

#7659 1 year ago

The TLS kit is the best and highest functionality, and costs less than the Eli kit that Pinbits sells.

#7660 1 year ago

I forgot about TimeBandits kit, that is very cool and another good way to go. Either way, light up those ramps!

#7661 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I maybe wrong so if anyone knows with 100% certainly feel free to correct me, but the Eli kits currently sold aren’t his original version.

I'm obviously not around much these days, but somebody pinged me on this. As far as I know the kit that PinBits sells is the same as it has always been, and that's the only version of my ramp mod that's ever been "commercially" available.

#7662 1 year ago

Hi Tron-Lovers, i have a question: has somebody of you already installed the Pinduino Ramp-Lightning-Kit Professor Pinball offers here at Pinside and can share his experience (did not find something about it in the last 6/7 pages of this thread, so excuse me if this question was asked and answered before)
Saw the PPP-Lightning Kit on YT and find it very interisting...my DIY-Ramp-Lightning kit is lame... ;o)

IMG_0272 (resized).JPG

#7663 1 year ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

I'm obviously not around much these days, but somebody pinged me on this. As far as I know the kit that PinBits sells is the same as it has always been, and that's the only version of my ramp mod that's ever been "commercially" available.

Thanks dude, I had heard that off a couple of pinsiders regarding the pinbits kits, but I wasn’t 100% certain which is why I made it clear above, just edited my post now thanks for the correction always good know for certain what’s what.

#7664 1 year ago

Hi,

For those going to the Allentown Pinfest.

I am selling a kit that contains everything needed to upgrade the regular Tron Pro apron to the LE one with flashers.

The kit includes the following:

Wires - from the right color to attach to the connectors in the backbox
Apron 535-0415-00
Tron LE Full Decal set
Tron LE Arch lens set 830-6119-00/01
Sockets/LEDS
Hardware (screws and brackets) to attach the apron

Asking $180

IMG_1723 (resized).JPG

#7665 1 year ago

Troubleshooting a Tron Arcade mod that went out. We know its not the arcade mod casuse it works in another pin. Where does the 2 pin connector go that it plugs into. I may need to trace it back and see why no power.

Thx

#7666 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

As awesome as the Eli kit is, in my opinion you would be better off getting timebandit Total Lightshow (TLS) Tron kit, it takes it to another level, if I didnt have an LE, TLS is the definitive lighting mod for TRON and would be my choice! But either way your going to give your retinas an orgasm

Link to a vid of it in action?

#7667 1 year ago
Quoted from Stones:

New to the club! Just got a Tron with no mods. It needs leds bad. Did you add leds here and there..... or buy complete kits? Normally, i just kind of piece together bulbs, but really want Tron to pop.

I did the cointaker kit, really liked the look. The inserts get their color coordination but the gi and top pf side are mostly white. Unless you really like color matching plastics etc, then maybe build your own.

#7668 1 year ago

I just picked up a pro and need to verify a few things.

The light cycle mod - 5v?
Speaker lights - 12v?
Under cabinet lights - what’s the best place to tap?

A prior owner used speaker wire for the light cycle and speaker lights and just jammed it into an IDC on the main board. I’m cleaning it up. I’m looking at splitters on pinball life, but I don’t have a ton of experience with SAM systems. Any recommendations? There is also an 8-way PCB splitter, but that may be overkill.

Also - colordmd. LED or LCD for Tron? I’ve got the LED version on AC/DC and I’m not sure I love it. But it probably fits for Tron. Maybe I should pull the LED from ACDC and put it in Tron and replace the DMD for ACDC. Hmmmm.

#7669 1 year ago

I put power splitting boards in all my games Incase I do multiple mod thing

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4234

#7670 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I was looking at this option. What type of connectors are those? It’s not Molex or IDC. I was surprised I couldn’t find the connectors as “related items” on PBL.

#7671 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I was looking at this option. What type of connectors are those? It’s not Molex or IDC. I was surprised I couldn’t find the connectors as “related items” on PBL.

Molex .093

#7672 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I did the cointaker kit, really liked the look. The inserts get their color coordination but the gi and top pf side are mostly white. Unless you really like color matching plastics etc, then maybe build your own.

Thanks man...I've started to piece together some bulbs now. See how that goes.

#7673 1 year ago

Thanks... I thought Molex wasn’t different. Live and learn.

#7674 1 year ago

hey guys - I bought this replacement for the spinner disc from pinball life and was expecting it to be stern's stock material (the one that came with the game). It's def not - it's like black rubber which prob won't cause that black mess like the original AND it's pretty strong. FYI

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2540

It doesn't look like the pic - it's black but shiny rubber. I wonder if it's just like the imported one?

#7675 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

hey guys - I bought this replacement for the spinner disc from pinball life and was expecting it to be stern's stock material (the one that came with the game). It's def not - it's like black rubber which prob won't cause that black mess like the original AND it's pretty strong. FYI
It doesn't look like the pic - it's black but shiny rubber. I wonder if it's just like the imported one?

Cool, I wish that when I added to cart in pinballlife it would stay there,

I recommend getting the clear plastic disc that goes with the rubber, it really sucks removing the old glue

#7676 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is this the same as Mike's (DK Pinball)? Think he folded shop, and good to see this available again. don't forget to add extra aux power supply to run the toys...especially any long LED strip lights (major power draw).

#7677 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hard to beat the imported clear version...hope the shipping thing gets cleared up eventually. Call Terry and ask him about the disc. He'll surely know if it differs from original.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

I recommend getting the clear plastic disc that goes with the rubber, it really sucks removing the old glue

+100 on this...keeps the disc spinning proper, and a nice clean surface to adhere to.....

#7678 1 year ago

Looks like I may be picking up a Tron after all

Going to pick up a spare disc and would really like a clear and/or blue one. Before ordering through pinballcenter I wanted to check here first to see if anyone had some of these stashed away they would be willing to sell.

I've never seen the blue one. Sounds like it creates more action than the black but less than the clear. Friend had the clear and it was crazy active so blue sounds like it may be the best option but curious to hear everyone elses opinion.

#7679 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Going to pick up a spare disc and would really like a clear and/or blue one. Before ordering through pinballcenter I wanted to check here first to see if anyone had some of these stashed away they would be willing to sell.
I've never seen the blue one. Sounds like it creates more action than the black but less than the clear. Friend had the clear and it was crazy active so blue sounds like it may be the best option but curious to hear everyone elses opinion.

You might want to try the one i linked from pinball life. Been very happy with it.

#7680 1 year ago

i prefer the black, for what that's worth. i don't need all the crazy action from the clear, and i like that it's opaque. looks better with the flashers, imo.

#7681 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i prefer the black, for what that's worth. i don't need all the crazy action from the clear, and i like that it's opaque. looks better with the flashers, imo.

Choice is good....original black left crazy marks all over the playfield..hopefully, the new pbl version is awesome...

#7682 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Choice is good....original black left crazy marks all over the playfield..hopefully, the new pbl version is awesome...

the new black one from PL has been good so far (re: black rubber).

#7683 1 year ago

i see a little tar on the playfield, but you can clean it up, right?

#7684 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i see a little tar on the playfield, but you can clean it up, right?

Yep...but a never ending task......

Quoted from 85vett:

The clear calms after awhile, still the best option, just crazy expensive to get anymore...I have 3 stashed which hopefully lasts quite some time....

#7685 1 year ago

The black one is not a big deal in home use. I don't have any black marks. The clear one sounds cool but I was concerned with the high-velocity balls flying around and breaking plastics. I hear it calms down over time but I don't need something like that for a game I play a few times a week.

#7686 1 year ago

hi there.
happy to join the club, number #184
mine gets blue dmd. what about blue dmd vs colordmd?
what are the best mods for this one?
i'm also looking for the illuminated chrome or blue armor. has anyone get one for sale?
thanks

#7687 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

hi there.
happy to join the club, number #184
mine gets blue dmd. what about blue dmd vs colordmd?
what are the best mods for this one?
i'm also looking for the illuminated chrome or blue armor. has anyone get one for sale?
thanks

Definitely colored DMD. I have the illuminated chrome armor, , both look great.
This is one pin you can mod like crazy, in my opinion, must haves are upgraded speakers with woofer, colored DMD, Invisiglass and the arcade 3.1 mod. You can literally spend thousands of dollars if you want to go crazy.

#7688 1 year ago
Quoted from brett:

Definitely colored DMD. I have the illuminated chrome armor, , both look great.
This is one pin you can mod like crazy, in my opinion, must haves are upgraded speakers with woofer, colored DMD, Invisiglass and the arcade 3.1 mod. You can literally spend thousands of dollars if you want to go crazy.

Completely agree..color DMD, PDI, newest arcade mod, and clear disc are musts, imho.....EL lit rails and hinges are hard to come by anymore (Gio used to provide)....LE...welcome to the grid!!!!

#7689 1 year ago

I have visaton sub+speakers and arcade 3.1
I generally love lightened mods.
I saw there were lightened cycles mod and lightened recognizer mod. Do you find them nice adds-on?
But the one I really would like is unfortunately sold out, this is the illuminated armor.
I need to see the video of the dmdcolor

#7690 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Completely agree..color DMD, PDI, newest arcade mod, and clear disc are musts, imho.....EL lit rails and hinges are hard to come by anymore (Gio used to provide)....LE...welcome to the grid!!!!

What is clear disc? Who is Gio?
Tahnks

#7691 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The clear disc is really nice and fast. I’ve never had an issue of it spinning out of control enough to break anything.
When I bought my LE, it came with Gio’s Rails uninstalled, it didn’t have any connectors to power the LEDs. Once I installed that, it works and looks fantastic.
I left Gio a message about them, no response.
Good luck in finding them.

#7692 1 year ago

What is clear disc? Who is Gio?
Tahnks

Clear disc is a replacement of the stock black disc. It’s much faster and doesn’t leave black marks on your playfield.
Gio used to be co owner of Pinball Refinery. Steve now owns MI. Pinball Refinery. Both are great guys and do incredible work to make a stock pin into a really unique pin with there mods and powder coating. Gio is out of Northern California and Steve is in Michigan.

#7693 1 year ago

If anyone has a clear disc, I could use one

Or if anyone is buying from pinball.center, I’d like one from your order please

#7694 1 year ago
Quoted from brett:

Clear disc is a replacement of the stock black disc. It’s much faster and doesn’t leave black marks on your playfield.
Gio used to be co owner of Pinball Refinery. Steve now owns MI. Pinball Refinery. Both are great guys and do incredible work to make a stock pin into a really unique pin with there mods and powder coating. Gio is out of Northern California and Steve is in Michigan.

How to contact Gio?
Thanks

#7695 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

What is the link?

#7696 1 year ago

How to contact Gio?
Thanks

Pin name is Zdoor. Just PM him. I tried, no response.

#7697 1 year ago

There is very little debate regarding the benefit of the clear discs, if you've read the thread..(way back when). The light blazes through, much quicker and random ball movement....crazy to debate about this now. Only problem is they are next to impossible to get anymore....there was a group buy awhile back, but think Op got stuck with many cancellations...finally moved them all....

Yes, Gio and Steve were Pinball refinery, but Gio has been out for a bit, and Steve sells under Melissa @ CT (all great people, btw).

The EL rails/ hinges are not being sold anymore, to my knowledge, but recall they were actually made by an individual (help w name please).

There's a thread on here somewhere for the newest arcade mod...limited runs...I'd jump on one of those....

#7698 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Best route.....

I'd be willing to pickup a couple more, if someone wants to put another order together (never getting rid of mine until they all go)....

#7699 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Best route.....
I'd be willing to pickup a couple more, if someone wants to put another order together (never getting rid of mine until they all go)....

I’ll be in on group buy

#7700 1 year ago

I sent pinballcenter a message asking about shipping. Their site says they don't ship to the USA which seems odd as I've bought from them before. It also added $440 to the order at the same time. Will see what they say. I'll order a couple spares if they can help me with shipping, if not, I guess I'm stuck with the black from pinball life. Was really hoping to get a set of the clear as my friend had it on his game back when he still had it and the action from that disc was super fun. I once had a ball come out of the disc, go through the middle of the flippers and spin all the way back up for a Quora shot!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Champaign, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 9063 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside