(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,109 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by AUKraut
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 392 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(553 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,210 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190717_223502 (resized).jpg
47D07733-284E-4812-87F0-31B32A0749E1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190710_202128 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190710_202142 (resized).jpg
C4493447-55BA-4E97-91CD-FE3D8011CE20 (resized).jpeg
32A256A0-7748-489D-8BEA-474C2BA6DC28 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg
7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3239 (resized).jpg
IMG_3237 (resized).jpg
IMG_3201 (resized).jpg
IMG_3198 (resized).jpg
IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1930 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).jpg

There are 9109 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 183.
#7601 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

what exactly is needed to do this? Parts wise? Mine current has Eli

Well, currently it requires a Total Lightshow kit WITH a second main board. I could ship it like that within a few weeks, but I'm going to try reduce the parts by sending the signals for the GI via the sound caller, but that will take a while.

If you were happy to have the ramps on white between effects, you could piggyback the GI of the ramp signals and do it with a current Tron TLS kit with only the bulbs needed as extra. This is not the long term solution though, as you want the ramp control independent of the GI.

#7602 1 year ago

Bandit can I buy this to add to my Eli ramp mod or is there another thing I need to buy along with this mod? Clarity would be helpful

#7603 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Bandit can I buy this to add to my Eli ramp mod or is there another thing I need to buy along with this mod? Clarity would be helpful

No it can't add directly on to your current ramp kit. You would need to buy a TLS kit to drive it.

#7604 1 year ago

i have just 1 panel left

holiday price 120$ shipped !!!

a2598c62d9634cc03aa7bfc90380ec702f879b7c (resized).jpg

#7605 1 year ago

Just wanted to say that ....

unnamed (resized).png

#7606 1 year ago

I love Gem, although light up Umbrellas are pretty sweet too

887572B3-3CA6-4A59-99A8-7D342355D6CB (resized).jpeg

#7607 1 year ago
Quoted from extendo:

Just wanted to say that ....

Put some time on her tonight....this game is still amazing!!!!

1 week later
#7608 1 year ago

Created my own cool Tron Legacy Topper for my favorite pin. It cycles colors too like most toppers out there (not shown). Hit me up if interested.

TronTopper (resized).JPG

TronTopper02 (resized).JPG

#7609 1 year ago

Mmmmmm yes

AC9BE32E-0055-4562-B16C-4161F19CA7F4 (resized).jpeg

#7610 1 year ago

Nice! Ordered mine day one of availability. Arriving tomorrow!

Also got a LEGO coffee mug based on the element for my sister and I. VIP points baby!

#7611 1 year ago

Well how about that?! I’m officially in the LEGO Tron club, too!

71324933-ACFD-47C7-9F0F-C91FA7C84D40 (resized).jpeg

#7612 1 year ago

Nice! it’s funny how they keep releasing tron legacy stuff....and it sells well but it’s kind of old now movie 3!!!!

1 week later
#7613 1 year ago

Thinking about getting that LCD OCD thing. Besides getting rid of the strobe effect, what else does it do? Can I get it to work with my RGB topper?

#7614 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thinking about getting that LCD OCD thing. Besides getting rid of the strobe effect, what else does it do? Can I get it to work with my RGB topper?

I don't have one in Tron (I left heaters in the inserts). However I have it in a few games, and I love them. It isn't just the strobing and the ghosting, it changes the attack profile of an LED. So it doesn't just blink on and off, it's smoother. Much more like a bulb. So lighting effects that are lost because of the LED, come back with it. Well worth it.

#7615 1 year ago

notice a big difference out of the box or do you have to tune them a decent amount? i like TRON enough i could see a little upgrade.

#7616 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

notice a big difference out of the box or do you have to tune them a decent amount? i like TRON enough i could see a little upgrade.

I have LED OCD on my LOTR, and I've had to do no tuning, worked perfectly out of the box. Great product!!

#7617 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I have LED OCD on my LOTR, and I've had to do no tuning, worked perfectly out of the box. Great product!!

Seconded - have them in all 8 games as I like LEDs & original light effects. Great out the box and tweakable for games like SM with subtle effects.

#7618 1 year ago

worth it on your WPC's, too? i feel like they work with LED's a little better than sterns naturally.

#7619 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

worth it on your WPC's, too? i feel like they work with LED's a little better than sterns naturally.

“Worth it?” is subjective based on your values, but for me: yes, definitely. Seeing blinky LEDs really grinds my gears!

#7620 1 year ago

Finally decided to slap one of these clear guys in. Sweet mother of all that’s holy, I know everybody says how fast it is... but man. It’s really really fast!

Highly recommend if you enjoy panic attacks and pants pooping. Presume it’ll eventually settle down a bit?

8DEE8CD4-5CC2-4856-A4C6-16C7EF46070A (resized).jpeg

#7621 1 year ago

Man I would like to get my hands on this. Did you just get the clear white pad and did you import?

#7622 1 year ago

Is that a clear disc from Marco or from Germany?

#7623 1 year ago

Def not Marco. I bought mine from Marco and they refunded. Doesn't work.

#7624 1 year ago

It's from Germany. I ordered it a long time ago when they still shipped to USA. Sounds like it's time for one of our EU buddies to set up another group buy, I'd love to have a couple backups

#7625 1 year ago

won't slow down too much; definitely not as much as black disc rubber.

#7626 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

It's from Germany. I ordered it a long time ago when they still shipped to USA. Sounds like it's time for one of our EU buddies to set up another group buy, I'd love to have a couple backups

do you have a video of it? Curious how crazy this thing is.

#7627 1 year ago

Finally decided to slap one of these clear guys in. Sweet mother of all that’s holy, I know everybody says how fast it is... but man. It’s really really fast!
Highly recommend if you enjoy panic attacks and pants pooping. Presume it’ll eventually settle down a bit?

And don't you love the sound it makes when it rips the ball?? It sounds like it is tearing through the very fabric of the grid.

#7628 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

And don't you love the sound it makes when it rips the ball?? It sounds like it is tearing through the very fabric of the grid.

It's pretty intense! The very first shot ended up shooting straight up and somehow climbed OVER the plastic above it before rolling back down into the right orbit. Others are fairly normal, but every other shot shoots back faster than the whiplash kickback in IM.

Amazing how something so simple changes the dynamic of the entire game. Looking forward to it settling down a bit, but I do love me a good ass whooping so I'm fine with it as is.

There used to be a video but it got taken down, I'll try and hunt down my phone tripod thingie and capture some footage this week.

#7629 1 year ago

I put this on my machine about six months ago and LOVE it! Best mod I ever did.

Yes, it will settle down a bit after about 50-75 or so plays but even with it settled down a bit it will still be way better than the ol standard black one. I am still seeing some crazy stuff like the ball spinning so fast it goes forward a few inches then backwards into Cora, Gem or back into the spinning disk shots (love that).

Another great thing about using the white rubber disk is that you will not have to clean up the terrible black crud/streaks that gets all over the playfield like the black one would make. Let's just say, cleaning is A LOT less!

On that note: If anyone from the UK is doing a batch order I would love to order a back up too. I am never selling my Tron. Keep us posted!

#7630 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

do you have a video of it? Curious how crazy this thing is.

Not a good video, but here's something:

#7632 1 year ago

when you put new rubber on the disc, can you remove the clear piece off the motor assembly? a little late now; i did not. motor is more noisy now. kind of scares me like i mess it up a bit. ugh.

#7633 1 year ago

Mabey the rubber is slightly off center = imbalance = more “noise” ?

#7634 1 year ago

Well I'm definitely in for an order....

#7635 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

when you put new rubber on the disc, can you remove the clear piece off the motor assembly? a little late now; i did not. motor is more noisy now. kind of scares me like i mess it up a bit. ugh.

You mean the plastic clear disk? I didn't. I just removed the entire motor with the disk attached under the playfield. I pulled and scraped off the old black rubber, then used glue to attach the new white rubber disk.

#7636 1 year ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

You mean the plastic clear disk? I didn't. I just removed the entire motor with the disk attached under the playfield. I pulled and scraped off the old black rubber, then used glue to attach the new white rubber disk.

okay, cool. ty. i thought maybe pushing and pulling on it knocked it off balance. i tried for a second to take those screws off, but they weren't budging.

#7637 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

okay, cool. ty. i thought maybe pushing and pulling on it knocked it off balance. i tried for a second to take those screws off, but they weren't budging.

I tried too but mine wouldn't budge ether so I just kept it on. lol.

#7638 1 year ago

When I borrowed an LE for a short time I put a clear disc on then immediately removed it after about 10 games (I cleaned up, LED'd and re-rubbered the game as part of the trade as well as a few other things). The grip is far too much, it was throwing the balls under the slings at 100mph, so fast often as well it would chuck it down the playfield only for the ball the fly up against something and crack against the glass. It honestly made me scared to play the game, and not being my machine I had to take it off before it did any real damage.

#7639 1 year ago

But glass smacks are my favorite

#7640 1 year ago

removed the clear for the same reason. i couldn't handle the stress of playing with it .

#7641 1 year ago

so here's the challenge. I want the same level of grip as the black (not crazy like the white) BUT I don't want that black tar everywhere on the pf. What do you do?!

#7642 1 year ago

I added resistors in series with the existing stock one. That slowed the motor down so that it's still more aggressive than the black disk, but doesn't feel like it's going to break something.

#7643 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

I added resistors in series with the existing stock one. That slowed the motor down so that it's still more aggressive than the black disk, but doesn't feel like it's going to break something.

using the white disc though?

#7644 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

using the white disc though?

The clear one. I installed it, and it was so strong, I puckered every time a ball went in there. I then played with resistor values until I found one that I liked.

#7645 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

The clear one. I installed it, and it was so strong, I puckered every time a ball went in there. I then played with resistor values until I found one that I liked.

OK that's the imported one right? I just want to ensure I'm not missing out on a local one I can buy besides black...

#7646 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK that's the imported one right? I just want to ensure I'm not missing out on a local one I can buy besides black...

Yeah, it's the PinballCenter one.

#7647 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

Herg: if you could take a pic of this it and the resistor specs it would be great to have for reference!

#7648 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Herg: if you could take a pic of this it and the resistor specs it would be great to have for reference!

I figured that was coming. Yeah, I'll post one this weekend.

#7649 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

I figured that was coming. Yeah, I'll post one this weekend.

Thanks Herg!!!

#7650 1 year ago

New to the club! Just got a Tron with no mods. It needs leds bad. Did you add leds here and there..... or buy complete kits? Normally, i just kind of piece together bulbs, but really want Tron to pop.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Maple Grove, MN
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
There are 9109 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 183.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside