IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg

There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 233.
#7551 6 years ago

you do what you gotta do .

#7552 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Did we ever decide if plunging Gem was legit or cheese?

Semi-soft cheese.

#7553 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've got the EL lit versions on mine...look amazing...

Mark any idea what metal Stern make their lollipop side rails from??

TRON needs a set as good as STLE (which do you have? The ones that says TRON LEGACY?!) but I want them to be as factory as possible down to the correct metal, powder coat etc.

#7554 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Mark any idea what metal Stern make their lollipop side rails from??
TRON needs a set as good as STLE (which do you have? The ones that says TRON LEGACY?!) but I want them to be as factory as possible down to the correct metal, powder coat etc.

Hi Jon...I'll take a closer look this weekend and let you know. Yes, mine say "TRON LEGACY" with Blue EL backlit on rails and hinges. Gio did these for me years ago. The chrome apron didn't come w the LE, and a bit much for me...I like the black metal there as the flashers blast through the lenses, making great contrast.

Chrome on everything else...LE has the single coin slot on the door as well, btw...the little things...

#7555 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hi Jon...I'll take a closer look this weekend and let you know. Yes, mine say "TRON LEGACY" with Blue EL backlit on rails and hinges. Gio did these for me years ago. The chrome apron didn't come w the LE, and a bit much for me...I like the black metal there as the flashers blast through the lenses, making great contrast.
Chrome on everything else...LE has the single coin slot on the door as well, btw...the little things...

Thanks Mark, yeah the chrome apron is too much bling for me, I am considering a black chrome apron to match the black chrome armour I am considering. Those windows need to be a little more showy as much as I love the blue plastic windows something a little more theme oriantated would be awesome I just haven’t thought up the right idea yet.

As for the rails, I am thinking light cycles without a doubt possibly with a chasing light trial - think the STLE rails (sure I saw your mention you just brought a STLE?) with the red chasing LED phasers running the length of the rails/cabinet, think light cycles either side with chasing light wall would be insane!

I totally get that, I’m all about the little details my OCD wouldn’t have it any other way luckily the single coin slot was a nice touch as we get a single coin slots on UK games, to my knowledge all TRONLEs that came to the UK where all be grey imports, so at the time of getting my original I had a single coin slot coin door ready for it only to discover it was perfect out the box.

#7556 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks Mark, yeah the chrome apron is too much bling for me, I am considering a black chrome apron to match the black chrome armour I am considering. Those windows need to be a little more showy as much as I love the blue plastic windows something a little more theme oriantated would be awesome I just haven’t thought up the right idea yet.
As for the rails, I am thinking light cycles without a doubt possibly with a chasing light trial - think the STLE rails (sure I saw your mention you just brought a STLE?) with the red chasing LED phasers running the length of the rails/cabinet, think light cycles either side with chasing light wall would be insane!
I totally get that, I’m all about the little details my OCD wouldn’t have it any other way luckily the single coin slot was a nice touch as we get a single coin slots on UK games, to my knowledge all TRONLEs that came to the UK where all be grey imports, so at the time of getting my original I had a single coin slot coin door ready for it only to discover it was perfect out the box.

SWEET!!! I think black chrome would rock (maybe do the backbox trim as well!!!).

Just put a first couple games on my STLE....got it today!!!...that side rail light/art is sick!!!

The light cycle idea would absolutely be stunning, if you could pull it off.....I really liked the "TRON LEGACY" theme carried through in text, though it might be viewed as repetitive to some. The glow just sets the game apart...then when you step into the grid....killer.

definitely show pics as you do this....a great hobby, we have!!!!...

#7557 6 years ago

boys, what should i be gator clipping onto so my flynn sign stays on during GI blackout? i have a 36" extension cable; i can reach almost anything.

#7558 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

boys, what should i be gator clipping onto so my flynn sign stays on during GI blackout? i have a 36" extension cable; i can reach almost anything.

5V up front

#7559 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

SWEET!!! I think black chrome would rock (maybe do the backbox trim as well!!!).
Just put a first couple games on my STLE....got it today!!!...that side rail light/art is sick!!!
The light cycle idea would absolutely be stunning, if you could pull it off.....I really liked the "TRON LEGACY" theme carried through in text, though it might be viewed as repetitive to some. The glow just sets the game apart...then when you step into the grid....killer.
definitely show pics as you do this....a great hobby, we have!!!!...

After our chat reinvigorated my idea for TRON (STLE) rails, I spent some time last night working on it and I have something designed that I think will blow the STLE rails out of the water.

Won’t give too much away yet as I need to speak to a couple of well known pinsiders to see if it’s all possible, but if it all works and so far I see no reason why it won’t, there would be a solid lit image like the Enterprise on STLE, one continually animated element and a intermittently animated element like the red phasers on STLE.

Anyone know a good graphics program I could use to draw this up and animate?

#7560 6 years ago

Here’s my LE done in black chrome to give you some idea what it looks like.

686178F9-C8B2-4FC5-9BAB-6BFD6277642E (resized).jpeg686178F9-C8B2-4FC5-9BAB-6BFD6277642E (resized).jpeg

F59EF820-AEE6-4715-99AC-84EB0E620EAC (resized).jpegF59EF820-AEE6-4715-99AC-84EB0E620EAC (resized).jpeg

0B8E5E5D-2457-4E93-A5D4-691F7ED050B3 (resized).jpeg0B8E5E5D-2457-4E93-A5D4-691F7ED050B3 (resized).jpeg

#7561 6 years ago
Quoted from TG:

Whoa...very nice!!!!

#7562 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Whoa...very nice!!!!

new avatar!!!??

#7563 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

new avatar!!!??

Yea....it's been years, but really tired of the story behind my previous one (for another thread, obviously).....love my TronLE, however, and this was one of the best threads on the site for awhile....

decided to go with my first vehicle purchased...'68 dodge charger....keeps me from getting pissed off when I look at myself...

#7564 6 years ago
Quoted from TG:

Is that a euro coindoor? I've never seen one with one coin slot except the euro ones.

#7565 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Is that a euro coindoor? I've never seen one with one coin slot except the euro ones.

Pretty sure thats how all the LE's came. Mine has a single slot, as well

#7566 6 years ago

Anyone here know what’s metal Stern use for their side rails, guessing it’s the same all round for legs, lockbar etc, curious if STLE was different as Stern haven’t done any rails like that since.

Also anyone know a good graphics animator? Doesn’t need to be massively technical just need to be able to animate a couple of still images I have.

#7567 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Also anyone know a good graphics animator?

PM’d ya!

#7568 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone here know what’s metal Stern use for their side rails, guessing it’s the same all round for legs, lockbar etc, curious if STLE was different as Stern haven’t done any rails like that since.
Also anyone know a good graphics animator? Doesn’t need to be massively technical just need to be able to animate a couple of still images I have.

Best I can tell, the armor is standard gauge. Standard chrome, as well ( a real Chestnut type thickness, RIP, not like some of the stuff ive seen on here lately....

#7569 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Best I can tell, the armor is standard gauge. Standard chrome, as well ( a real Chestnut type thickness, RIP, not like some of the stuff ive seen on here lately....

yeah his stuff was the best. I was lucky and the chrome I just put on the tron is Chestnut. Quality product.

#7570 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Pretty sure thats how all the LE's came. Mine has a single slot, as well

Correct

#7571 6 years ago

Single slot for me as well. LE #377.

#7572 6 years ago

i will get some Iron panels next week

if you are interested, send me a PM

a2598c62d9634cc03aa7bfc90380ec702f879b7c (resized).jpga2598c62d9634cc03aa7bfc90380ec702f879b7c (resized).jpg

#7573 6 years ago

pam sent me a replacement LED board for my ramp kit: back in business! also, on the other ramp, i always thought the one side wasn't as bright. with my new knowledge of the mod, i tore it apart and noticed the fiber was only pushed in about halfway. fixed that and now i have 4 very symmetrical fibers. very excited .

#7574 6 years ago

Does anybody have the decal for sale that goes on top of the motorized drop target bank? The one that is aftermarket but matches the playfield artwork.

#7575 6 years ago

Its been 5 years but I purchased mine from fellow Pinsider Pinball_Customs.

#7577 6 years ago

Thanks guys

#7578 6 years ago

I bought the pinball decals version, it is about the one thing with a normal price in that shop but fits great.

#7579 6 years ago

I got the Pinball Customs recognizer bank cover decal. Installed over 3 years ago & still looks great (but my game doesn't get heavy play).
First order never showed up--after 1 month of waiting, I contacted them & they immediately sent another, which took 19 days to get to California.

Thanks,
-Jason

#7580 6 years ago

Looking back through my emails I see that I had about the same experience. All in all it took awhile but it has held up nicely over the years and looks much better. It was worth the nominal price and short wait. Thanks again Pinball Customs.

#7581 6 years ago

Tron panels are ins stock again

a2598c62d9634cc03aa7bfc90380ec702f879b7c (resized).jpga2598c62d9634cc03aa7bfc90380ec702f879b7c (resized).jpg

#7582 6 years ago

all are shipped

just 1 in stock

#7583 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Did we ever decide if plunging Gem was legit or cheese?

Totally legit because it is very hard to do and you usually miss out on getting your skill shot.

#7584 6 years ago

I think I have done the most legit (well OK, lucky) Gem shot twice now...auto launch during multiball--at the same time send a ball around the left orbit which hits the auto launch ball at the exit to Gem and bumps one of the balls back thru Gem! I might actually start aiming for this one...

#7585 6 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Totally legit because it is very hard to do and you usually miss out on getting your skill shot.

wait - is there a diff skill shot than soft plunging and letting it go into the scoop?

#7586 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wait - is there a diff skill shot than soft plunging and letting it go into the scoop?

It’s been a while since I played TRON but I’m sure there is a ramp skill shot, possibly the right ramp!? So hold left flipper button plunge and then hit it up the right ramp off the upper left flipper?

Someone else in here will certainly confirm 100%

#7587 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It’s been a while since I played TRON but I’m sure there is a ramp skill shot, possibly the right ramp!? So hold left flipper button plunge and then hit it up the right ramp off the upper left flipper?

correct.

also a backup skill shot for soft plunges that don't get in the arcade. just hit the left ramp after the ball comes down through the inlanes.

#7588 6 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Correct, but only attainable on certain, lucky sessions of play for me....

#7589 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I think I have done the most legit (well OK, lucky) Gem shot twice now...auto launch during multiball--at the same time send a ball around the left orbit which hits the auto launch ball at the exit to Gem and bumps one of the balls back thru Gem! I might actually start aiming for this one...

I like this approach, as well...if I can get a bit of air on the upper left flipper, it can be a pretty predictable shot....most of my GEM's occur during MB, sadly...

#7590 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

correct.
also a backup skill shot for soft plunges that don't get in the arcade. just hit the left ramp after the ball comes down through the inlanes.

that's awesome never knew about these 2. So 3 in total. Nice. Wish MET had more.

#7591 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

that's awesome never knew about these 2. So 3 in total. Nice. Wish MET had more.

Met has 4

Top lanes selectable
Top lanes furthest to right super
Shoot around super
Shoot around super single lane bonus

#7593 6 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find coin door decals? Only place that has a single decal is Marcos but you have to buy an entire decal set for $55 which I'm not interested in doing.

#7595 6 years ago

No Flynn? That's crap.

#7598 6 years ago

Amazing. How many GI bulbs are there? Just let me know when my wallet is about to get lighter.

#7599 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

» YouTube video

what exactly is needed to do this? Parts wise? Mine current has Eli

#7600 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Amazing. How many GI bulbs are there? Just let me know when my wallet is about to get lighter.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
12,028 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 49.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/152?hl=boomerski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.