tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 233.
#7501 6 years ago

so I'm going to replace the spinning pad and I've heard of many diff mods for this. Couple questions:

1) I have an extra strock black pad. How do I install it and does it require taking the spinning motor off of the PF?
2) What non stern pads/motors do you recommend?

#7502 6 years ago

Yes, I would recommend pulling out the motor. It is not hard to do. I did it.
1. Remove the screws to 4 of the lamps
2. Unplug the motor power connector
3. Remove the (4 I believe) screws to the motor
4. Remove the pad using wet cloth with alcohol. Wipe all previous adhesive off.
5. Reapply new pad after it is all dry.

I have noticed the motor gets dust in it and makes a louder noise. Since you have the motor out, I would recommend cleaning the motor. It’s not hard for you to do. You need an Allen wrench and a hex driver. When you remove the plastic disc then spray cleaner and lubricant. Let it air out for 24 hrs and then reassemble.

#7503 6 years ago
Quoted from moonwk:

Yes, I would recommend pulling out the motor. It is not hard to do. I did it.
1. Remove the screws to 4 of the lamps
2. Unplug the motor power connector
3. Remove the (4 I believe) screws to the motor
4. Remove the pad using wet cloth with alcohol. Wipe all previous adhesive off.
5. Reapply new pad after it is all dry.
I have noticed the motor gets dust in it and makes a louder noise. Since you have the motor out, I would recommend cleaning the motor. It’s not hard for you to do. You need an Allen wrench and a hex driver. When you remove the plastic disc then spray cleaner and lubricant. Let it air out for 24 hrs and then reassemble.

Awesome thanks!

#7504 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I'm going to replace the spinning pad and I've heard of many diff mods for this. Couple questions:
1) I have an extra strock black pad. How do I install it and does it require taking the spinning motor off of the PF?
2) What non stern pads/motors do you recommend?

Try to get a clear or blue rubber pad, the black one wears down too fast

#7505 6 years ago

Ok I see a clear one from Marco. Where is the blue and what is the difference between two besides color

#7506 6 years ago

I didn't know Marco sold the clear disc, always thought it was only available from Germany for $$$. Has anybody used this as a replacement for the dirty stock black disc rubber?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-6925-00-D

#7507 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I didn't know Marco sold the clear disc, always thought it was only available from Germany for $$$. Has anybody used this as a replacement for the dirty stock black disc rubber?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-6925-00-D

I've never seen/ used that disc before....textured? Interesting......have my stash of the clear German ones...lightning in a bottle...

#7508 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've never seen/ used that disc before....textured? Interesting......have my stash of the clear German ones...lightning in a bottle...

website link for german one?

Assuming this is it?

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/pinball-rubber/miscellaneous/4365/disc-rubber-set-for-tron-legacy-transparent

#7509 6 years ago

That's the one you want. There were some crazy shipping limitations (costly) last time, and a group order was placed to offset.

Probably best to e-mail him and check the price to get it shipped here. There's always fellow pinsiders to jump in on these if this is the case. I'll take an extra one or 2 if it helps offset if shipping is stupid. Shoot me a pm after you get ahold of them....mark

#7510 6 years ago

guys - does anyone have these pinball cards that are already formatted to print as is?

9676fba1b4bcb90280e635281213a0e56f35e226 (resized).jpg9676fba1b4bcb90280e635281213a0e56f35e226 (resized).jpg

#7511 6 years ago

Two extra recognizer clear rubber disc sets available. Prefer to sell as a bundle. Ad in marketplace.

#7512 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - does anyone have these pinball cards that are already formatted to print as is?

Not the same cards but this guus cards are all ready to print and scaled perfectly.

http://www.pinballcards.com/Search?submit_form=0&search=Tron

#7513 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Not the same cards but this guus cards are all ready to print and scaled perfectly.
http://www.pinballcards.com/Search?submit_form=0&search=Tron

thanks - those are the ones I have right now!

#7514 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks - those are the ones I have right now!

Oh sorry. Here is the site you are looking for. Just look for "tron custom" download it and read the instructions to properly print the correct size. Hope this helps you.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/index.htm

#7515 6 years ago

EDIT....all good.

#7516 6 years ago

is there a place other than pinbits to source a replacement blue box for an eli ramp kit? pinbits sent me a replacement controller, but that didn't correct my color issue.

#7517 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

is there a place other than pinbits to source a replacement blue box for an eli ramp kit? pinbits sent me a replacement controller, but that didn't correct my color issue.

You've probably just lost one of the colors on the actual LED. You can take the blue housing off the LED enclosure and access the LED. You can then replace the LED if you can do simple SMD work, and find a suitable replacement. I'm not sure of the LED part number but the housing is custom so you won't be able to find a complete replacement for the whole thing anywhere else.

#7518 6 years ago

gotcha. ty.

#7519 6 years ago

Any idea what the total production run was on the Pro? I know there was several editions.

#7520 6 years ago

Just picked up this Tron in a trade and the wife and I are enjoying it. It’s actually her new favorite pin!

18E65D70-35CC-46AB-B4F0-479827C72C3C (resized).jpeg18E65D70-35CC-46AB-B4F0-479827C72C3C (resized).jpeg

#7521 6 years ago

Coz you're killing it!!! Nice addition!

I recently joined the club too. Game is so good. Redoing some of the music and will upload too. I just chromed her out!!!

Never did that before but the the game looked so cool with it. Just need to add the topper...

20180225_002141 (resized).jpg20180225_002141 (resized).jpg

20180225_002136 (resized).jpg20180225_002136 (resized).jpg

20180225_002130 (resized).jpg20180225_002130 (resized).jpg

20180217_205558 (resized).jpg20180217_205558 (resized).jpg

#7522 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Just picked up this Tron in a trade and the wife and I are enjoying it. It’s actually her new favorite pin!

Welcome to the grid!!!! And....yes, TRON kills....my LE stays until I sell them all.....

#7523 6 years ago

Awesome pin delt31. You should get the chrome flippers and coin door too. Do eet!

Quoted from delt31:

I recently joined the club too. Game is so good. Redoing some of the music and will upload too. I just chromed her out!!!
Never did that before but the the game looked so cool with it. Just need to add the topper...

#7524 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just chromed her out!!!

Loving the chrome, delt! I'm going that way too. I have an LE cleared playfield that I'm putting in, along with the drop target bank. Think I'll document the whole process as "the road to Tron Premium".

#7525 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

TRON begs for chrome....hard to keep clean, but looks great!!

#7526 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Loving the chrome, delt! I'm going that way too. I have an LE cleared playfield that I'm putting in, along with the drop target bank. Think I'll document the whole process as "the road to Tron Premium".

But will it fill the void (tear forming)....I can still remember your post to this day, and my reply.."Noooooooo!!" good times pinbud.

Now about that fiber kit for IM.....

#7527 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Now about that fiber kit for IM.....

Yes this ^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!

#7528 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Now about that fiber kit for IM

Ok, not to derail, but I'm full time on just that at the moment. IM should be released in a month or so with GI bayonet sockets all round, ramp fibers, two banks of drop target support. Keep an eye out in IM thread and TLS thread.
Back to the grid!!

#7529 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

TRON begs for chrome....hard to keep clean, but looks great!!

I’d love to see one in black chrome always thought that would look awesome, especially with some EL/LED lit rails like on Star Trek LE.

#7530 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’d love to see one in black chrome always thought that would look awesome, especially with some EL/LED lit rails like on Star Trek LE.

I've got the EL lit versions on mine...look amazing...black chrome has always appealed to me....thinking that would rock on my AlienLE ( if I ever actually get one....

Back to the grid!!!

#7531 6 years ago

The only thing that bothers me is that no matter what mods I add to make my Tron Pro look and play like a LE it will still NEVER have the Daft Punk Multi-ball mode. I wish Stern would put out a USB patch for it. I would even pay Stern for that upgrade. Right? Ugh! God I hate this LE vs Pro crap and I wish it would go away.

#7532 6 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

The only thing that bothers me is that no matter what mods I add to make my Tron Pro look and play like a LE it will still NEVER have the Daft Punk Multi-ball mode. I wish Stern would put out a USB patch for it. I would even pay Stern for that upgrade. Right? Ugh! God I hate this LE vs Pro crap and I wish it would go away.

I had an LE for months. Never saw the mode.

#7533 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I had an LE for months. Never saw the mode.

I have an LE, when I play it every day, I hit it about once a week, it’s hard to get there, but sweet when I do

#7534 6 years ago

Curious, How do you achieve Daft Punk multi ball and what makes it so special or different than the pro non version?

#7535 6 years ago

On the LE, you hit both ramps either 4 or 8 times in a single game, it starts daft punk multiball... it’s non existent on the Pro

#7536 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

On the LE, you hit both ramps either 4 or 8 times in a single game, it starts daft punk multiball... it’s non existent on the Pro

wow that's it ? I feel like you would hit that MB each game then?

#7537 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wow that's it ? I feel like you would hit that MB each game then?

I believe it’s 8 shots to each ramp. So 16.

#7538 6 years ago

I believe it’s 8 shots to each ramp. So 16.

Yes this, sorry, I meant per ramp, there’s a setting to change the difficulty from 4 or 8 for each ramp

#7539 6 years ago

Pretty sick modfather custom plunger came in along with topper. I'm done!

20180228_230923 (resized).jpg20180228_230923 (resized).jpg

20180228_230913 (resized).jpg20180228_230913 (resized).jpg

20180228_230931 (resized).jpg20180228_230931 (resized).jpg

20180228_230940 (resized).jpg20180228_230940 (resized).jpg

20180228_230845 (resized).jpg20180228_230845 (resized).jpg

#7541 6 years ago

never done.

#7542 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

What? No drop targets?

I think I like that bank shot too much to go drop on the pro. Now MET - I might have gotten eveything you sell for it!

#7543 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

think I like that bank shot too much to go drop on the pro

I need to put this to rest. I’m going to put a video up today of banking gem plenty off the drops.

#7544 6 years ago

i've been working on that shot. which target is best to aim for? O?

#7545 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i've been working on that shot. which target is best to aim for? O?

Pretty much. I go for the gap between O, N, but it’s going to depend heavily on your pitch.

#7546 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I need to put this to rest. I’m going to put a video up today of banking gem plenty off the drops.

It can be done. It's not too tough. Some have an issue with the Gem shot but both Trons I had were solid.

It's one of the coolest shots in pinball. And sometimes you need to nudge as you hit it or risk a center drain. Then, it's a bitch.

#7547 6 years ago

It can be done. It's not too tough. Some have an issue with the Gem shot but both Trons I had were solid.
It's one of the coolest shots in pinball. And sometimes you need to nudge as you hit it or risk a center drain. Then, it's a bitch.

Agreed.....there will be nights when it's unobtanium, then others when I can get in a groove and hit several....nothing like GEM!!!!

#7548 6 years ago

Did we ever decide if plunging Gem was legit or cheese?

#7549 6 years ago

Legit

#7550 6 years ago

Legit, but I like cheese, as well....(I'm not very good at it, however....)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/151?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.