(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,063 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 389 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    19%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(550 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,204 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg
7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3239 (resized).jpg
IMG_3237 (resized).jpg
IMG_3201 (resized).jpg
IMG_3198 (resized).jpg
IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1930 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
71703595-04CC-40A2-9570-F1C237A70400 (resized).jpeg
88BA2A41-B3A9-4A82-8554-E48B0A7DC409.jpeg
74523D42-985D-4F8A-B1CD-C14E877893A4 (resized).jpeg
20190421_125801 (resized).jpg
20190402_162223 (resized).jpg

There are 9063 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 182.
#7451 1 year ago

Just saw a beautiful LE sell on here for 10k in 2 days.....sometimes, I just forget how amazing this machine is....very grateful to have one...nothing quite like TRONLE.....

#7452 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

be careful. don't say anything like that outside this thread. i said something similar about The Hobbit. people neg'd me...

Did you say it in a Hobbit thread or in a JJP thread? Tron is widly considered a better game than Hobbit and not just in this thread.

#7453 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Tron is widly considered a better game than Hobbit and not just in this thread.

Agree with this statement. Few (yes there are a few) debate the power of the grid!!!!

#7454 1 year ago

it was in a regional for sale thread actually. someone posted he wanted a new game and was thinking Hobbit. i said he could do better. needed the flame-suit after that .

do you guys see many pro plus cash for le trades? you know, someone wants to trade up for an le or someone with an le wants to trade down; liquidate a bit.

#7455 1 year ago

I was like you waiting year after year for Stern to release a Tron VE and it never happened. As I waited year, after year, the Tron LE and Pro keep going up and up in price. I finally just said F-it and bought a beautifully fully tricked out Tron Pro complete with mirror blades, decals, Eli's light ramps, Hallmark cycles, etc. for 7k and I am super happy with it. I have only owned it for about six months but I play it way more than my other pins. I even play it more than my Midieval Madness pin which is a blast! Who knows if Stern will ever release a Tron Vault or when they will do it? In the meantime you are missing out on playing one of the best and addicting pins out there (my opinion). Do eet!

Quoted from delt31:

So i'm going back and forth thinking of rejoining. Decided to try and get one but wondering what value decline do you think will occur if/when they release vault? Seems like the vault will release at prem price point (7100 street) if it ever comes out. It will likely be a LE light (everything but code, limited plaque, screened sides) so basically a pimped out pro that you can buy now for about the same price, little less. My only point for pause would be the potential for them to release a nice PF vs the blurry photo art on it now. If they do, that would be worth it. That being said, been waiting for years this to be release, always think it's time and then stern drops something no one asked for (see Luci). Decisions.

#7456 1 year ago

yeah, get one:
IMAG0858[1] (resized).jpg
IMAG0861[1] (resized).jpg
IMAG0899[1] (resized).jpg

#7457 1 year ago

olivia wilde popup.gif

#7458 1 year ago

Hey everyone. Got a question. If anyone’s interested in testing this out for me. I have a Tron Pro and having something weird happened so I wanna make sure it’s normal. During multi-balls and the end of ball cycle when F1 through F4 fuses are activated or initiated the light to the left goes off and I hear a popping sound from the fuses and so when there’s a lot of activity its popping pretty loud in the back box. Is that normal? You can tell if you take the translite out and get to disk multiball and watch the 4 red leds go out. Thanks- I do have it modded like everyone else including having aftermarket ramps lights.

Jimmy

#7459 1 year ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Hey everyone. Got a question. If anyone’s interested in testing this out for me. I have a Tron Pro and having something weird happened so I wanna make sure it’s normal. During multi-balls and the end of ball cycle when F1 through F4 fuses are activated or initiated the light to the left goes off and I hear a popping sound from the fuses and so when there’s a lot of activity its popping pretty loud in the back box. Is that normal? You can tell if you take the translite out and get to disk multiball and watch the 4 red leds go out. Thanks- I do have it modded like everyone else including having aftermarket ramps lights.
Jimmy

GI mechanical relay operating. Normal behaviour. It's at its most annoying when you hit a spinner with Zuse running.

#7461 1 year ago

Thanks. And for the double reply!

Jimmy

#7462 1 year ago

Is there anyway to edit the voiceovers in this game? Thinking about it more, it's prob the one thing I just don't like that much. I would like to either include additional clips from the movie or just remove certain ones all together.

#7463 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is there anyway to edit the voiceovers in this game? Thinking about it more, it's prob the one thing I just don't like that much. I would like to either include additional clips from the movie or just remove certain ones all together.

Yes use Pinball Browser. There's plenty of voice clips in the program that are not in the game. You cold use those or import your own.

#7464 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Yes use Pinball Browser. There's plenty of voice clips in the program that are not in the game. You cold use those or import your own.

Sweet - god what does that program not do. Just made a sick mix for my GB prem. Will do the same when I get a tron back.

#7465 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sweet - god what does that program not do. Just made a sick mix for my GB prem. Will do the same when I get a tron back.

Please inform me when you start that project, your Gb prem edit is great!

#7466 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Out of curiosity which callouts don’t you like that much? I always thought the callouts where great, however I did swap out a couple of the custom tracks for tracks from the film.

Cannot get enough of that daft punk soundtrack

#7467 1 year ago

One in particular is the bad guy that says _____ for everyone! Forgot what the first word is but there clip ends with crowd making noise and it sounds terrible to me. That's the first. Some Bridges quotes like and they called him clu that entire long winded one is annoying.

#7468 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Out of curiosity which callouts don’t you like that much? I always thought the callouts where great, however I did swap out a couple of the custom tracks for tracks from the film.
Cannot get enough of that daft punk soundtrack

Tell me you left Gem's music in there - it's great!

Quoted from delt31:

One in particular is the bad guy that says ____ for everyone! Forgot what the first word is but there clip ends with crowd making noise and it sounds terrible to me. That's the first. Some Bridges quotes like and they called him clu that entire long winded one is annoying.

"Libations for everybody!"

#7469 1 year ago

Tell me you left Gem's music in there - it's great!

"Libations for everybody!"

That's the one. The way that clip ends sounds like it was just clipped off. That's the first to go

#7470 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's the one. The way that clip ends sounds like it was just clipped off. That's the first to go

Hmm either I haven't noticed the end of it or it just never bothered me. If you want to keep the sound, you could edit it to cut it off right after he is done speaking, and import that back in via PB. Or just change it out to something completely different of course.

#7471 1 year ago

Hmm either I haven't noticed the end of it or it just never bothered me. If you want to keep the sound, you could edit it to cut it off right after he is done speaking, and import that back in via PB. Or just change it out to something completely different of course.

Thanks I just don't like anything about it so it's getting the cut. I need to get the pin first ; )

#7472 1 year ago

just 1 stainless steel panel left

don't think there will be a re.run

if you want it

send me a pm

a2598c62d9634cc03aa7bfc90380ec702f879b7c (resized).jpg

#7473 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

One in particular is the bad guy that says ____ for everyone! Forgot what the first word is but there clip ends with crowd making noise and it sounds terrible to me. That's the first

Yes, the crowd cheering always sounded out of place

#7474 1 year ago

anyone know where I can get a chrome color shooter housing that fits this game besides sending out my stock one to be chromed?

#7475 1 year ago

FINALLY!

Portal!

Haven't played in months. Actually got a couple hours yesterday where I had no distractions, had the garage to myself, it wasn't late at night so I wasn't groggy (in fact, I'd just woken up from a rare nap!), & wouldn't disturb the family by playing Tron, what with its loud bumpin' soundtrack & big speakers.

Had about 4 games that ranged from awful to acceptable.

Then I started another unremarkable game that went kablooey on ball 3.
Got to Sea of Simulation. I rarely get there. Had only a few more modes to finish when I got to SOS.
Finished SOS!

Got to Portal!
What am I supposed to do!?!?!? Lots of balls, told to shoot all shots? Like, *all* shots? Didn't last very long--oh well, it was still a fun ride.

Kept on going...got to Sea of Simulation again!
Didn't finish SOS the 2nd time around.

I'm pretty certain that this will never ever happen again. Therefore, I had to document it. :]

Thanks,
-Jason

20180203_180913 (resized).jpg
20180203_180924 (resized).jpg

#7476 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yes, the crowd cheering always sounded out of place

Isn't that what happened in the movie after Castor calls it out? The crowd cheers the drinks.

#7477 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Isn't that what happened in the movie after Castor calls it out? The crowd cheers the drinks.

Yes, the soundbyte is taken directly from the movie. I personally don't mind it, but I can understand how some would think it sounds out of place in the game. In the movie, you've already spent a few minutes in the club and feel more into the atmosphere with the crowd. In the game, no such immersion into the club then this Zuse dude just randomly blurts about some libations

#7478 1 year ago

Question for everyone. Does anyone have the rules of all the times when the flasher under the Flynns sign comes on? Mine comes on sometimes and I’m not quite sure why. Just trying to figure it out for each scenario and what it ties to. Understand sos. Thanks.

#7479 1 year ago

It flashes after you start a combo to cash in the End of Line jackpot. It also is lit solid (or maybe slow pulsing?) When SOS or Portal is ready to start.

#7480 1 year ago

Thanks- just flashed for a long time but was nowhere near sos so just curious

#7481 1 year ago

what are you supposed to do when you get to SOS?

#7482 1 year ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Thanks- just flashed for a long time but was nowhere near sos so just curious

Every time you roll over the Flynn switch it starts flashing until you hit the Tron targets.

#7483 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

what are you supposed to do when you get to SOS?

Complete everything that you didn't complete earlier before SOS. When looking at the middle playfield inserts, if they're lit solid, then the mode or multiball has been completed. If it's flashing then it's been started but not completed.

#7484 1 year ago

To expand on that, SoS is a "one Ball" sub-wizard mode that will take you through the modes that you haven't completed, one at a time, starting at the bottom.

You need to complete the shots for the mode you are in. As you complete each one, you get its bonus points. If you complete them all, Portal will start flashing and you hit the scoop to start it.

Obviously the completions in SOS are different that standard play. There are no multiball, therefore no multiball rules.

If you dump out, you keep your completions. However, anything you qualified before SOS without completing goes dark and you start from scratch on those ones.

SoS can be restarted by qualifying everything so it's at least flashing AND restart all the multiball, even if they are complete.

The best option all around is to be able to skip SoS and finish everything so you go right to Portal with a massive points bonus... but I've never done that one

#7485 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The best option all around is to be able to skip SoS and finish everything so you go right to Portal with a massive points bonus... but I've never done that one

I've owned two Tron pins and I managed to do that just once in about a billion games. I lost the first ball quickly but didn't press restart. Then ruled on ball 2.

It was definitely cool (and surprising).

#7486 1 year ago

okay, that's kind of what i was thinking. do the modes you need to complete start up automatically, or do you need to trigger them by standard methods?

#7487 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

okay, that's kind of what i was thinking. do the modes you need to complete start up automatically, or do you need to trigger them by standard methods?

Each mode is started by doing certain things and they are not automatic. Some area easy and you can start them without trying very hard (TRON and FLYNN for example). Others might need some more deliberate aiming to start. Read here for an in depth code review. It's based on earlier software but it still mostly applied on current code.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/tron/index6b.html

#7488 1 year ago

In the rare event one actually makes it to Portal, what is a good strategy to rack up points?

#7489 1 year ago
Quoted from Billy16:

In the rare event one actually makes it to Portal, what is a good strategy to rack up points?

Flail around like an idiot losing any and all pinball skills you have built up over the years to this moment, drain.

Portal shouldn't be about the score, but instead completing it. All 24 shots plus the super jackpot. High scoring should have come before Portal in my opinion, combos and end of line. From someone else "the biggest single hit you can get is completing all events before SOS, than get double scoring and start portal. that's 100 million right there."

#7490 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Flail around like an idiot losing any and all pinball skills you have built up over the years to this moment, drain.
Portal shouldn't be about the score, but instead completing it. All 24 shots plus the super jackpot. High scoring should have come before Portal in my opinion, combos and end of line. From someone else "the biggest single hit you can get is completing all events before SOS, than get double scoring and start portal. that's 100 million right there."

Yeah I think Portal is as close to an impossible mode as it gets.

#7491 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

I think this question was about SoS. Once you start SoS, modes start automatically from the lowest incomplete one on the ladder. So it awards points for each complete mode, then stops at the first incomplete one and begins playing single ball in that mode. If you complete one, points are awarded and ...

Sorry if this gets specific... then it will award points if the next one is complete, or it will start it.

SoS is really a cleanup mode. It gives you a way to get to the Portal without completing everything in one shot. I used to play the game to just get to SoS. But a few years back I changed that to trying to complete the modes. The thrill of completing Light Cycle is massive. Not because of points, but it is just so hard for me to finish. I've been tangling with Tron in my gameroom for about 6 years now. And it still gives me thrills.

#7492 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Flail around like an idiot losing any and all pinball skills you have built up over the years to this moment, drain...

Yup, this is what I did (twice) which led to the question. I figured completing Portal would be impossible, hence the high scoring question.

#7493 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I think this question was about SoS. Once you start SoS, modes start automatically from the lowest incomplete one on the ladder. So it awards points for each complete mode, then stops at the first incomplete one and begins playing single ball in that mode. If you complete one, points are awarded and ...
Sorry if this gets specific... then it will award points if the next one is complete, or it will start it.

that helps a lot. there was one time i got to SOS and got a couple bonuses right at the beginning. i knew they were ones i completed, but i didn't realize i got the bonus because they were the ones at the bottom of the ladder. i could never figure that out. okay, okay; we're getting somewhere. ty.

#7494 1 year ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Yup, this is what I did (twice) which led to the question. I figured completing Portal would be impossible, hence the high scoring question.

Bowen Kerins mentioned in his tutorial that even he has never completed Portal. That made me feel better about it

#7495 1 year ago

well I'm back in the club! Out with the old, in with the new. Really nice tron - HUO full loaded with everything you can think of. I actually owned it before and just bought it back! Never had that happen before.

btw - selling the topper it came with as I don't need it. Tron disc warrior if anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/60137

When I have some time, I'm going to update the soundtrack (end of line is going in - not too much else going to change as I like majority, and updating some vocals). This game is so good! It's now sitting next to my WoZ!

20180210_231338 (resized).jpg

It will be chromed too! Package coming this week.

#7496 1 year ago

glad you got one.

#7497 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

well I'm back in the club! Out with the old, in with the new. Really nice tron - HUO full loaded with everything you can think of. I actually owned it before and just bought it back! Never had that happen before.

I like the 4 pin collection you have. Great mix of different game styles.

#7498 1 year ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I like the 4 pin collection you have. Great mix of different game styles.

Thanks - GB and Alien on the other wall. WoZ instead of BSD....

btw - I want to chrome my LE apron. Best place to do that and cost?

#7499 1 year ago
Quoted from Billy16:

An exercise in futility, for sure.....I always manage to come up with new profanity every time I make it that far..(not often, btw)....

#7500 1 year ago

so I started replacing some music (specifically putting end of the line in place of the stock music you get when you shoot the center shot enough - never liked that) - weird thing as I went to replace the game over music with the one from the soundtrack (fall) and even though the music slot is for 55 seconds, the game fades the song out (even on the default song) 10 seconds in. Is that an ingame setting you can change to not have it fade out?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Machine - For Sale
Champaign, IL
$ 26.50
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9063 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside