(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than lamp!

By centerflank

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,970 posts
  • 520 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by wolffcub
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 426 votes
    72%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 101 votes
    17%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 61 votes
    10%

(588 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,512 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2827 (resized).JPG
IMG_2826 (resized).JPG
IMG_2824 (resized).JPG
IMG_2820 (resized).JPG
IMG_2822 (resized).JPG
IMG_2819 (resized).JPG
16109259871804509237353544299887 (resized).jpg
20210115_201426 (resized).jpg
20210115_201419 (resized).jpg
20210115_171929 (resized).jpg
Tron Bumper Cap (resized).jpg
4560B79A-785B-4E82-88AE-2B53F08118F9 (resized).jpeg
4E2AD49B-3A85-406C-9DB7-AD95F15DB2CA (resized).jpeg
20210112_113818 (resized).jpg
20210112_111406 (resized).jpg
20210112_111636 (resized).jpg

There are 9970 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 200.
#701 7 years ago

My 6yo daughter got to SOS on ball 2 yesterday. I'm gonna have to practice a little more to stay ahead of her!

#702 7 years ago

The other day: SOS, Portal, 255 million on the first ball with an extra ball to go.
Final score, after Daft Punk and second Portal: 494,309,000.

Still not GC though! My best ever was 558 something.

No game has ever charged me up like Tron!

I swear, I am afraid to move it to the new house because I fear I'll never get it dialed in like this again. And I'll miss the shaker vibrating the floor, it'll be on concrete after the move.

#703 7 years ago

Centerflank, your speaker panel disc is upside down.

#704 7 years ago

Whos are? mine? I have a custom speaker grill coming, I'll have them out again shortly...

#705 7 years ago

Can anyone chrome plate the wood speak panel?

#706 7 years ago

I'm a member as of this morning.
Got it home and spent part of the afternoon cleaning all the black smudges from the disk off the playfield. Looking good as new now!
I made it to S.O.S 2 or 3 times already but hardly made a shot after it started.
Lots of practicing in my future.

#707 7 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

Wood can not be electroplated. There are a few options. Silver Leaf, like Gold Leaf. The silvering method done on mirrors may also work, maybe. Cover over with a chrome/mirrored mylar. Make a metal cover then chrome it. There are several options, but it comes down to time and money. Overall appearance will be your decision maker.

#708 7 years ago

I see where you are going....keep it classy

Chromed_Out.jpg Chromed_Out2.jpg

#709 7 years ago

cause it can be messed up!

Chromed_out_In_a_BAD_WAY.jpg Chromed_out_In_a_BAD_WAY_2.jpg

#710 7 years ago

Yes, trying to keep it classy. Someone will do it, wait and see.

#711 7 years ago

Yes, trying to keep it classy. Someone will do it, wait and see.

I'm sure....will be sweet

Stay_Classy.jpg

#712 7 years ago

#713 7 years ago

I'm Tron Burgundy. Breaking news sandiegoians, we're all playing our tron pins tonight !

Was a fabulous night....time for some shut eye

RonBurS.jpg

#714 7 years ago

#715 7 years ago

I wanna do LED's no my Tron Pro.. Can I buy a complete led bulb set for Tron? Any recommendations on where and what to get?

#716 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I wanna do LED's no my Tron Pro.. Can I buy a complete led bulb set for Tron? Any recommendations on where and what to get?

Yes pinballbulbs.com, and get the complete kit!

http://pinballbulbs.com/products/tron-pro-pinball-ultimate-led-lighting-kit

#717 7 years ago

Yes pinballbulbs.com, and get the complete kit!

Nah, mix and match to your hearts content, play around with them.

My old high school pal stopped over to help me drag out LOTR for madrollin tomorrow, here was the results, Im obviously player 2

DSC09423.JPG

#718 7 years ago

#719 7 years ago

Yes Sean listen to Centerflank and call Melissa at Coin Takers and order a shit load of various premium bulbs. Lots of Blue and Orange. I have changed up my Tron three times now to find the coolest look. She also sells flipper button LED kit for Tron with one side orange and one side blue-pretty cool. Congrats on your new Tron and it looks like the modding bug has already bit you(:

#720 7 years ago

#721 7 years ago

Anyone have a shaker in their Tron Pro? I have a Stern shaker to install and it is either going in Xmen or Tron. Does Tron utilize the shaker well??

#722 7 years ago

Thanks Rex! I can't wait to add more bling to this game

#723 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Nah, mix and match to your hearts content, play around with them.
My old high school pal stopped over to help me drag out LOTR for madrollin tomorrow, here was the results, Im obviously player 2

Damn, that blue DMD looks good on Tron. I want.

#724 7 years ago

Man, Star Trek is...... whoops. My bad. Wrong Thread.

#725 7 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Anyone have a shaker in their Tron Pro? I have a Stern shaker to install and it is either going in Xmen or Tron. Does Tron utilize the shaker well??

I have one in mine, I think it's implemented really well.

#726 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Difficult for him to put up much of a score when he is watching/being intimidated by that monster score

#727 7 years ago

Are you guys running Cliffys arcade scoop protector?
Just getting a list of things I need for my new Tron.

image.jpg

#728 7 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I have one in mine, I think it's implemented really well.

When does it shake? Disc wars probably, any other time?

#729 7 years ago

Are you guy running Cliffys arcade scoop protector?

I am.

#730 7 years ago

I am running a mantis protector instead. I love Cliffy products and have them in all my machines but Tron is the one machine that needs a mantis protector IMO. Because of that cut out in the Tron Cliffy it curls up over time and causes the ball to stop on slow rolls into the arcade scoop. I heard of people putting a piece of mylar over it to stop it but I never tried. Mantis works awesome.

#731 7 years ago

#732 7 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

hi,
is this --> http://pinballhead.com/mantis-amusements-tron-protector/
the mantis scoop protector you're using?
thanks,
bb

I use that one (mantis) - Have put a whole bunch of plays in over the last few months and it still looks great, although I'm not 100% sure the hole won't get some wear down the road, but I also know every ball meant to go in the hole goes in the hole. You are welcome to come up to RR to take a look.

#733 7 years ago

The Cliffy works great once you shave off the right side. I had been slowly but surely removing more and more until I got to the present state and since I've not had any issues!

IMG_0918.jpg IMG_0917.jpg

Post edited by bjorg : typo

#734 7 years ago

#735 7 years ago

#736 7 years ago

I have both the mantis and cliffy, and I first put the mantis in and it's a beefy thing, I'm sure it works great but like the picture above, I am not sure it would stop that from happening or not since those areas are still exposed. So then I put the cliffy on and it covers the inner walls and the top area but not as beefy on the inside as the mantis obviously. I actually tried to install both at the same time and it barely doesn't work. So I had to choose one. If the mantis was just a hair smaller in the U shape it would have actually worked with the cliffy.

Also installed the Arcade 3.1 and wooaaah this is the best mod I ever seen. The screen is so clear and all the detail is amazing. Everyone that sees it says it's their favorite part of the whole machine.
Love that it still incorporates the flasher inside the machine also.

Also for those asking about the shaker, I think it's great in Tron. Was skeptical at first but it actually goes off a lot during game play at a lot of key times. More than I thought it would.

#737 7 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

hi,
is this --> http://pinballhead.com/mantis-amusements-tron-protector/
the mantis scoop protector you're using?
thanks,
bb

Yep, that's the one. It works awesome. My scoop still looks brand new! I couldn't stand the ball being stopped by the Cliffy all the time then I would have to shake the machine to get the ball loose, then I would get a tilt and it ruined my game. It sucked.

#738 7 years ago

#739 7 years ago

You guys need to pitch your game more, I have that slotted cliffy and the ball has never stuck, more pitch=more fun to play in my opinion.

#740 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You guys need to pitch your game more, I have that slotted cliffy and the ball has never stuck, more pitch=more fun to play in my opinion.

Where is the level bubble on yours? Mine is just a tad above the second line.

#741 7 years ago

I think pretty much everyone is using the Cliffy (at least most). The list of mods for this game will blow you away...did you get a NIB one or one that already has some mods?

#742 7 years ago

Tiger I scored a HUO Tron w/very low plays has... arcade mod 2.1, shaker, Flynn sign, 2 trans lights & Hallmark lighted Cycles that haven't been installed yet (I will be asking for tips on installation soon not sure if wiring them so they are on all the time is best?)

#743 7 years ago

Tiger I scored a HUO Tron w/very low plays has... arcade mod 2.1, shaker, Flynn sign, 2 trans lights & Hallmark lighted Cycles that haven't been installed yet (I will be asking for tips on installation soon not sure if wiring them so they are on all the time is best?)

Get PDI or Invisiglass. Tron is a game that really deserves it.

I just got some light cycles from Ditto. I need to install those on mine as well. And my mirror blades that I have had now for six months and haven't installed! Ha!

#744 7 years ago

I Need a hand deciding which to sell. Tron LE or monster bash? Hehe

#745 7 years ago

Let the MB go sir....what would you expect from a Tron lovefest thread?

#746 7 years ago

This one is for Keebler. I just finished installing my pinballbulbs.com competitors brighten up kit. Below is a before with my own mix of CoinTakers and an after with the kit that has the front light strip to illuminate the flipper area and the back light strip. Look at the difference in the flipper area, that is what you wanted to brighten up.

BEFORE:

CIMG0222[1].jpg

AFTER:

IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0007.JPG

#747 7 years ago

This one is for Keebler. I just finished installing my pinballbulbs.com competitors brighten up kit. Below is a before with my own mix of CoinTakers and an after with the kit that has the front light strip to illuminate the flipper area and the back light strip. Look at the difference in the flipper area, that is what you wanted to brighten up.
BEFORE:

AFTER:

Nice man, looks really good! I actually ordered a strip from them too, but it had an issue so they are sending me another one. Is yours the blue one they offer? I didn't go with that because it had red LEDs in it.

Also, sorry I didn't reply to your shaker question before, I just saw it tonight. I can't recall all the situations where it shakes, but it is pretty active.

#748 7 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Nice man, looks really good! I actually ordered a strip from them too, but it had an issue so they are sending me another one. Is yours the blue one they offer? I didn't go with that because it had red LEDs in it.
Also, sorry I didn't reply to your shaker question before, I just saw it tonight. I can't recall all the situations where it shakes, but it is pretty active.

What strip are you talking about, back or front? If it is the front strip they only sell purple I think, purple comes in the kit for the front light strip. The back light strip is blue. The kit also came with 4 pink, yes pink led's for the Clu sling area and it really makes the pinbits plastics POP and also makes the ramp cover plastic match perfectly. Also 4 purple came in it for the area where the TRON stand up targets are and they really make the pinbits plasitics POP too. I was really impressed with how much thought went into the kit.

#749 7 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

And too late for the shaker I put it in Xmen instead. I will get one for Tron one day but right now I have $9000 tied up in a Star Trek LE.

#750 7 years ago

What strip are you talking about, back or front? If it is the front strip they only sell purple I think, purple comes in the kit for the front light strip. The back light strip is blue. The kit also came with 4 pink, yes pink led's for the Clu sling area and it really makes the pinbits plastics POP and also makes the ramp cover plastic match perfectly. Also 4 purple came in it for the area where the TRON stand up targets are and they really make the pinbits plasitics POP too. I was really impressed with how much thought went into the kit.

I was talking about the front strip, and yeah it's purple because it uses blue and red LEDs. I didn't want to have red LEDs in my machine so I ordered a strip of cool whites, it had issues though. They are sending me a new white/blue strip now.

And too late for the shaker I put it in Xmen instead. I will get one for Tron one day but right now I have $9000 tied up in a Star Trek LE.

Wow, 9k, I'm glad I don't live in Canada You'll have to let me know how the shaker performs in your X-Men... I'll probably pick one up in a couple weeks if it's worth it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Walnut Creek, CA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 9970 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 200.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside