tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 233.
#7401 6 years ago

What LEDs are you guys using for your smaller disc spinner flashers? The 4 small 12V ones. Want red but not sure which type to get.

http://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1841.htm

#7402 6 years ago

5 smd.

#7403 6 years ago

kind of wished they had orange. red looks a little weird.

#7404 6 years ago

Who sells the 5SMD flasher?

#7405 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitenoise3000:

Right flipper is acting strangely. I hold the button to catch the ball but it deflects down and then retriggers. See images. Suggestions?

Well that's usually the EOS switch. The flipper comes down enough to change the state of the EOS, and it engages the full power of the flipper. However I didn't think Tron used the EOS. But it's the first thing I'd check. Is it opening to late.

#7407 6 years ago

Ahh thank you! I was looking only at their 12V section which doesn't have all of their flashers, including this 13V one! I assume the "#906 large wedge" base will fit where the original #161 small wedge bulb goes?

#7408 6 years ago

for the disc flashers? yes. the only thing to note is there seems to be a polarity (is that the right term?) preference on sterns. so if a bulb doesn't work when you put it in, reinstall with the wedge contacts hitting the opposite socket contacts you tried first time.

#7409 6 years ago

So my Tron Pro has four Red flashers under the spinning disk. It actually has a white 555 bulb but it each has those red rubber condom covers on it to make it red. I want to change them out with LED's. I heard that the Tron Prem. has different colors under the disk spinner. Is this true? What colors are they and what are their placement under there?

#7410 6 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

So my Tron Pro has four Red flashers under the spinning disk. It actually has a white 555 bulb but it each has those red rubber condom covers on it to make it red. I want to change them out with LED's. I heard that the Tron Prem. has different colors under the disk spinner. Is this true? What colors are they and what are their placement under there?

At least per the manual (which has errors and leaves a lot to be desired) the Prem/LE is listed the same as the Pro with Flash: Red Disc (Left x2) and Flash: Red Disc (Right x2). I have seen some replace with flashers with 2 blue and 2 red to alternate which looks good. I'm going to swap them with yellow/orange to more match with CLU's colors.

2 weeks later
#7411 6 years ago

Thought you guys might like a mod I have been working on for a while. Don't forget to scroll down to the next post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-legacy-play-field-lcd-mod/page/2#post-4134041

IMG_3660 (resized).JPGIMG_3660 (resized).JPG

#7412 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Thought you guys might like a mod I have been working on for a while. Don't forget to scroll down to the next post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-legacy-play-field-lcd-mod/page/2#post-4134041

Is it just me? Or are we seeing the birth of the successor to ColorDMD? I hope you have your patents and work affairs in order... I have a feeling this could be huge!!

#7413 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Is it just me? Or are we seeing the birth of the successor to ColorDMD? I hope you have your patents and work affairs in order... I have a feeling this could be huge!!

90% of the code should work with any Stern SAM machine (with a pinball-browser patch or Total Light Show board). The video editing can be a pain in the butt, but maybe other people will get on board and create stuff to share. When I am happy with Tron, Stern Star Trek is next.

2 weeks later
#7414 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

This looks so awesome. I can't wait to get it!

#7415 6 years ago

Finally got my shaker motor problem solved. Adjusting the weights helped. The play field doesn't shake as much and rattle, and still gives some effect. Finally can enjoy the game! Until Flynnsbit comes out with that LCD! Awesome!

#7416 6 years ago

i did a little work recently, too. my TRON came with art mirror blades, but the vinyl graphics got damaged from moving the playfield around. at first, i thought they were ruined and i'd have to take them out. then i was like, just try to pull the graphics off and run blank mirrors. thought it would be a bit of a pita, but ended up being fairly easy. looks great, too. i think better than the art mirrors, even undamaged. i'm pretty stoked.

#7417 6 years ago

next time one of you guys have the glass off, please measure the spacers in front of the left pop. mine are missing. i'd love to get those in there, so i can put the clear blue piece in that's supposed to be part of my upgraded cap kit. tyvm.

#7418 6 years ago

Lol do you not want to remove your glass?

#7419 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Lol do you not want to remove your glass?

Quoted from weaverj:

please measure the spacers in front of the left pop. mine are missing.

#7420 6 years ago

man, there's something wrong with those WI guys.

#7421 6 years ago

would re-order this panels for a friend, but we would need about 5 pieces minimum

anyone interested.

Price $ 99,-
standard shipping to USA $ 42,-
mounted at a wood plate to prevent bending
delivery time normally about 2-3 weeks

a2598c62d9634cc03aa7bfc90380ec702f879b7c (resized).jpga2598c62d9634cc03aa7bfc90380ec702f879b7c (resized).jpg

cadc5bc19c79605cbe66789d9bb03509d0d08996 (resized).jpgcadc5bc19c79605cbe66789d9bb03509d0d08996 (resized).jpg

#7422 6 years ago

Anyone needing or wanting a clear disc set from Pinball Center, please pm me by tonight, order of 30 is going in for a number of Pinsiders, no problem ordering more for more people but need to know asap so I can add to the order before confirming and paying my end. Happy New Year users.

#7423 6 years ago

how often do you guys replace the clear center rubber on the disk? i just put one on this week. the old one finally popped off.

#7424 6 years ago

i have one side of one of my lighted ramps acting a little weird. the color doesn't match the other side exactly. most noticeable when the ramp is supposed to be yellow; the bad side is orange/red. is there a reset or something for those to recalibrate? ty.

#7425 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i have one side of one of my lighted ramps acting a little weird. the color doesn't match the other side exactly. most noticeable when the ramp is supposed to be yellow; the bad side is orange/red. is there a reset or something for those to recalibrate? ty.

Stock LE, Eli, or TLS ramp lights?

#7426 6 years ago

definitely not LE. would a pic of the underside help? came pre-installed with the game.

#7427 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

It will most likely be the green component in one of the LEDs failing. Either the LED itself has failed or the green control wire has lost contact.
If there's a red control board in your back box its one of my kits. If there's a small pcb plugged in to the CPU bus it's an Eli kit.

#7428 6 years ago

IMAG0988[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0988[1] (resized).jpg

IMAG0990[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0990[1] (resized).jpg

#7429 6 years ago

that's when it's most obvious: when it goes yellow/orange, the left side is red. i know you mentioned the green might be flaky, and i don't really know how these work, but the green color looks fine when it comes up.

#7430 6 years ago

Eli’s / Pinbits

#7431 6 years ago

Check connections, if all are well contact Pinbits for an LED replacement.

#7432 6 years ago

yeah, what i was thinking. ty.

#7433 6 years ago

do they usually respond to email, lol? no response yet. i've had bad cs from them before. i may be screwed.

#7434 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

do they usually respond to email, lol? no response yet. i've had bad cs from them before. i may be screwed.

I've had very mixed success to contact requests, but buying stuff has always been flawless.

#7435 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

I tried 3 emails to Pinbits after a purchase since the plastic protectors I bought were missing a piece....no response. Pretty sorry customer service if you ask me, and from other posts on here it's not an isolated incident.

#7436 6 years ago

They can be pretty hit or miss with emails. Call: 510-657-2170

#7437 6 years ago

good idea.

#7438 6 years ago

i have just 1 panel in stock now

$ 99 + 42$ shipped to usa

first come first get

a2598c62d9634cc03aa7bfc90380ec702f879b7c (resized).jpga2598c62d9634cc03aa7bfc90380ec702f879b7c (resized).jpg

#7439 6 years ago

Just put up a monster game. Playing at my buddy's place, his game is brutal, but it loved me.

Portal on ball 1 and only light cycle left when I got to Sea of simulation again on ball 3.

Man what a rush.

IMG_20180122_175016 (resized).jpgIMG_20180122_175016 (resized).jpg

#7440 6 years ago

I have had Eli's ramp mod installed for quite a while now and I am still impressed. When my final game is over I just stand there staring at the playfield, mesmerized by the color changing ramps. Kinda like a lava lamp. I do love lamp.

#7441 6 years ago

So i'm going back and forth thinking of rejoining. Decided to try and get one but wondering what value decline do you think will occur if/when they release vault? Seems like the vault will release at prem price point (7100 street) if it ever comes out. It will likely be a LE light (everything but code, limited plaque, screened sides) so basically a pimped out pro that you can buy now for about the same price, little less. My only point for pause would be the potential for them to release a nice PF vs the blurry photo art on it now. If they do, that would be worth it. That being said, been waiting for years this to be release, always think it's time and then stern drops something no one asked for (see Luci). Decisions.

#7442 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So i'm going back and forth thinking of rejoining.

If you can find a loaded one for a fair price go for it! The real inflation with Tron comes from the mods, which add up real fast. Arcade is $300, another $300 for Eli's kit which is also a real POA to install, color DMD, oh and don't forget the shaker and chrome trim... there's so many more too haha. Lit cycles, Flynn's sign etc... the hit would be more in line with AC/DC than IM.

On the other side of the coin, tons of great stuff to choose from now, it's a buyer's market. Can't see Tron values going any higher, so waiting wouldn't hurt. This Week in Pinball recently posted a rumor of Tron VE with LCD screen but 24 months away at least. My vote is grab a TNA

#7443 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

If you can find a loaded one for a fair price go for it! The real inflation with Tron comes from the mods, which add up real fast. Arcade is $300, another $300 for Eli's kit which is also a real POA to install, color DMD, oh and don't forget the shaker and chrome trim... there's so many more too haha. Lit cycles, Flynn's sign etc... the hit would be more in line with AC/DC than IM.
On the other side of the coin, tons of great stuff to choose from now, it's a buyer's market. Can't see Tron values going any higher, so waiting wouldn't hurt. This Week in Pinball recently posted a rumor of Tron VE with LCD screen but 24 months away at least. My vote is grab a TNA

LCD screen? Damn. 24 months? Damn. Way to Long to wait. TNA is one I've thought about but I'm a single player guy not a lot of people I know play Pinball and think it would get boring. I might have to go for Tron chromed out. Looks sick. But is it worth a WoZ RR trade.

#7444 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

LCD screen? Damn. 24 months? Damn. Way to Long to wait. TNA is one I've thought about but I'm a single player guy not a lot of people I know play Pinball and think it would get boring. I might have to go for Tron chromed out. Looks sick. But is it worth a WoZ RR trade.

Oh man, not sure it’s worth trading Woz for! I don’t have a single pinball friend, I’ll check back in the Spring when I get my TNA

#7445 6 years ago

Here’s mine. It’s a tough call, a loaded one is pretty bad ass!

03894A1A-69A0-4D9C-80FF-E81611132FA2 (resized).jpeg03894A1A-69A0-4D9C-80FF-E81611132FA2 (resized).jpeg

#7446 6 years ago

is that chromed out too? If so, that's EXACTLY what I want to get. Let's make a trade

#7447 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

is that chromed out too? If so, that's EXACTLY what I want to get. Let's make a trade

Would love a Woz someday but don’t think I’m ready to let her go just yet!

CA5FA6F8-47BD-45A8-B8D4-ACB107B0C37C (resized).jpegCA5FA6F8-47BD-45A8-B8D4-ACB107B0C37C (resized).jpeg

#7448 6 years ago

That's a nice looking tron! Where did you get the chrome done and how much did that cost?

I wouldn't trade for WoZ either but maybe something else. Who knows just feel like WoZ is such a more complete and jammed pack game.

#7449 6 years ago

I agree, I wouldn't trade for a WoZ as well.

TRON is a better game.

#7450 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I agree, I wouldn't trade for a WoZ as well.
TRON is a better game.

be careful. don't say anything like that outside this thread. i said something similar about The Hobbit. people neg'd me...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/149 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.