IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg

There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 233.
#7351 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

speaking of that post, what is the reason it pops up sometimes when i shoot through the pops to the rear orbit? i figure/hope that's part of gameplay

Yep...that’s normal.....not sure what’s going on w mine....will take a deeper dive this weekend.....

#7352 6 years ago

what makes it pop up during gameplay? i figured i'm in a specific mode or i'm not qualified to do something, just not sure what.

#7353 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

what makes it pop up during gameplay? i figured i'm in a specific mode or i'm not qualified to do something, just not sure what.

"Tron" pops, ie; super pops are lit. Extra scoring for the pops so it helps you out by keeping the ball in there longer.

#7354 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

"Tron" pops, ie; super pops are lit. Extra scoring for the pops so it helps you out by keeping the ball in there longer.

Beat me to it.....now to find the ghost in my machine.....

#7355 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Beat me to it.....now to find the ghost in my machine.....

It's pretty obvious you have a problem with your grid. I think you need to get in.

#7356 6 years ago

makes sense. tyvm.

speaking of pops, you guys like the chrome or black upgrade ones? i think black fits the game better, but the chrome is shiny...

#7357 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

makes sense. tyvm.
speaking of pops, you guys like the chrome or black upgrade ones? i think black fits the game better, but the chrome is shiny...

I had chrome on my LE, black on my pro. Looks consistent with the armour.

#7358 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

It's pretty obvious you have a problem with your grid. I think you need to get in.

Yes...she’s been getting jealous, I suspect....a subtle reminder who is the ruler of the gameroom...

#7359 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I had chrome on my LE, black on my pro. Looks consistent with the armour.

And your LE still haunts you........a simple fix would be to release the fiber on IMVE....just my thoughts, however...

#7361 6 years ago

I missed out on the mini-LCD that could be mounted onto the ramps. If anyone has one they don't plan on using, please PM me!

#7362 6 years ago

Newbie to tron Question that I may be verbally flogged for but here goes: I recently got a tron and of course playing like crazy. I’ve gotten to the SOS a few times, but I haven’t noticed anything lit telling me it’s ready, just hit the scoop when I have all 9 lit. Is there something that tells you SOS is ready vs portal? Thanks.

#7363 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Newbie to tron Question that I may be verbally flogged for but here goes: I recently got a tron and of course playing like crazy. I’ve gotten to the SOS a few times, but I haven’t noticed anything lit telling me it’s ready, just hit the scoop when I have all 9 lit. Is there something that tells you SOS is ready vs portal? Thanks.

There is a flasher under the Flynn's plastic near the scoop that will be flashing to let you know to hit the scoop.

IMG_5176 (resized).JPGIMG_5176 (resized).JPG

#7364 6 years ago

just installed mine. thumbs up!

gator clips on a gi socket: does it matter which lug i get power or ground?

#7365 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

There is a flasher under the Flynn's plastic near the scoop that will be flashing to let you know to hit the scoop.

Thanks. I guess I just didn’t notice it even though it is kind of bright.

1 week later
#7366 6 years ago

we will do a small re-run of this Speaker Panels

if You are interested, PM € 85,- + 25,- shipping

1tr (resized).jpg1tr (resized).jpg

#7367 6 years ago

so i "fixed" my disc flashers. i guess they were all in the wrong way? i didn't know that was possible. i was testing for power in one of the sockets with my multimeter and just happened to put the led back in the right way. i took the rest out, spun 180 degrees, then popped back in. all up; i'm open for business. what are the odds?

is that something different with stern? i'm definitely more used to wpc's.

i noticed something else, too. my left and right bottom flippers are different part #'s. top left matches bottom right. they're all different than what's in the manual, however. is that a thing on Tron? changing flipper coils?

#7369 6 years ago

Very cool, although I'd miss the bank-into-Gem shot too much to take out the stand-ups.

#7370 6 years ago

so what is the best music package for this game? I was curious about potential updates to some of the call outs via pinbrowser.....wasn't sure if that was already done.

#7371 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'd miss the bank-into-Gem shot too much to take out the stand-ups.

I think that gets accepted a bit too easily as a thing. I had an LE for a long time and had no problem banking the shot off the drops into Gem. It IS less likely off the rubber if the middle drops are down (but still doable), and in this configuration the rubber is a little farther back and does kill the bank shot, but if you hit the targets there is no issue with the shot. So to sum up, yes it is available less often, but it certainly doesn't disappear. And if I were to install a rubber post in exactly the same position as in the LE, then I would say you would get a good go at the shot off the rubber.

#7372 6 years ago

Here's my LE playfield with the two holes close to the target cutout that take the posts for the drop target rubber. Now I'm wondering whether I do the playfield swap and put the LE PF in my pro, or drill the pro PF for the posts?

IMG20171111205855 (resized).jpgIMG20171111205855 (resized).jpg

#7374 6 years ago

Awesome with the drops!

#7375 6 years ago

Where is the drop targets for a Tron Pro available on Redshift website? Is this still a work in progress?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7376 6 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Where is the drop targets for a Tron Pro available on Redshift website? Is this still a work in progress?

Keep an eye on this thread for details..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-lighting-in-your-face-st-pro-brought-to-lifevideo/page/35#post-4068605

#7377 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Very cool, although I'd miss the bank-into-Gem shot too much to take out the stand-ups.

Like bandit said. I also was able to bank into gem with my LE- with drops up or down, maybe even more so than with my pro for some reason. Make sure it's spotless and waxed like it deserves.

Just chiming in here because my disc started getting loud on my pro. Apparently time to lube it up a bit.

Still love this game despite the shallowness of "oh crap, time to complete gem" or "oh crap, I guess I didn't finish light cycle despite the awesomely long grace period"....

it's never, ever leaving.

I can get to Portal daily when dedicating 5-10 games to it; current goal is to beat Portal. Seems stupid hard but possibly doable, my kind of goal. Not too easy, but also not valinor nor do or die multiball.

gf loves Tron and says it's never leaving nor getting routed.
She's extremely wise in her pinball youth.

*) MET
1) SPIDEY
2) TRON/TWD
3+) who cares...

Cheers.
-KG

#7378 6 years ago

Hoping someone can help. My disc has started playing up a little. When I first plunge it recognises as a hit to the 3 target bank and sometimes off the slings or the gem shot?!?

What's going on? Is there a sensitivity setting or something that might need adjustment at all??

Cheers guys.

#7379 6 years ago

Would someone with an LE mind posting a picture of where the playfield support rails are mounted on top and bottom of the pf? I want to add these to a Pro and want a reference. I am also curious how the stock LE fiber optic ramp lighting is connected and how it compares to Pinbits or TimeBandits' kit?

#7380 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Would someone with an LE mind posting a picture of where the playfield support rails are mounted on top and bottom of the pf? I want to add these to a Pro and want a reference. I am also curious how the stock LE fiber optic ramp lighting is connected and how it compares to Pinbits or TimeBandits' kit?

Im due to pop the top on mine this weekend , as I have to pursue a minor issue w post coming up. Will snap some pics of the rails, along with LE fiber connections underneath...

#7381 6 years ago

On my machine when the ball exits the shooter lane it often rattles the shot, hits the pop bumper post or doesn't cleanly go into the orbit if at all.

I'll double check the shooter tip to make sure it's hitting the ball squarely in the middle but apart from that are there any other tricks?

#7382 6 years ago
Quoted from koops:

On my machine when the ball exits the shooter lane it often rattles the shot, hits the pop bumper post or doesn't cleanly go into the orbit if at all.
I'll double check the shooter tip to make sure it's hitting the ball squarely in the middle but apart from that are there any other tricks?

Is this when you plunge or when it auto plunges?

My MET used to do this during auto plunge and I found that the cliffy was stuffing things up. Otherwise I've heard that if both teeth don't hit square this can be a problem as well.

#7383 6 years ago

Mine does that too, but it’s not from the auto plunge. Any tricks?

#7384 6 years ago

what do you guys think about my flipper coils being different? should i get new ones to match what's in the manual or just forget about it?

#7385 6 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Is this when you plunge or when it auto plunges?
My MET used to do this during auto plunge and I found that the cliffy was stuffing things up. Otherwise I've heard that if both teeth don't hit square this can be a problem as well.

Manual. I'll take some slow mo video of the ball getting struck and see if it shows what is going on.

I find that it happens atleast 1/2 the time.

#7386 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

what do you guys think about my flipper coils being different? should i get new ones to match what's in the manual or just forget about it?

Personally I’d go with the manual. About to do this on a TZ that I just bought too.

#7387 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Personally I’d go with the manual. About to do this on a TZ that I just bought too.

Me too, or do you have issues with making the ramp shot? I expect that your right coil will be a stronger version. Other wise it would have no use.

#7388 6 years ago

yeah, they're probably stronger. ramps shot are pretty easy.

#7389 6 years ago

I had a booger of a time consistently making the soft-plunge arcade game skill shot.

It turned out that the shooter rod (or maybe just the rubber tip...I forget?) was just rubbing the side of the auto-launcher bracket, so I wasn't getting consistent plunges.

Check this out on your machine--the bracket may be interfering with your shooter rod motion/alignment.

Thanks,
-Jason

Quoted from koops:

#7390 6 years ago

you guys know the size spacers that're used to mount the gem pop cover? mine are missing.

#7391 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Im due to pop the top on mine this weekend , as I have to pursue a minor issue w post coming up. Will snap some pics of the rails, along with LE fiber connections underneath...

Did you get a chance to take some pics?

#7392 6 years ago

I just made a massive update to the Pinduino code for Tron. This setup uses two Pinduinos: one for the Ramps, and one for the GI/Backboard. Each pinduino is controlling two sets of addressable LEDs.

Code is open source (as always):
Ramps: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/tree/master/Tron_interactive_Ramps
GI: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/tree/master/Tron_interactive_GI

PM me if you are interested in making this setup and I can point you to instructions.

#7393 6 years ago

Just replaced the spinning disk rubber over the weekend and wow what a difference and game changer this was! Feels like a new Tron pin experience and makes the game so much more fun! Doing battle with that spinning disk is truly a "WTF will happen now?", moment every time I shoot the ball in there. I never know what that ball will do. Sometimes it will shoot right back at me at MACH SPEED you can barely see it! I have seen that ball do some crazy $hit. Thankfully I have plastic protectors so I my Tron is protected. I have seen the ball do some insane stuff like go backwards up ramps, shoot out slow, then stop and reverse back into the spinning disk again or fly into the Gem shot (to help me out for that hard as hell shot). Sometimes the ball just flies all over the place hitting all sorts of targets for me. A friend came over who has never played the game before asked me how many magnets are in the playfield. I laughed and had to explain that there weren't any magnets in the game. The disk just spins the ball like crazy and it seems like a magnet under there messing with the ball.

I am so glad I finally took the time to replace that sucker since nothing I did seem to bring that spinner action back the way it should. No solvents or cleaners I used would bring back that sticky rubber back to life. When I bought my Tron Pin 6 months ago, it had over 2k plays on it and that disk was already really worn and smooth. I knew someday had to do something to fix this. Now Tron feels more exciting and fresh with just a little improvement like replacing that disk rubber.

Note: Getting the old rubber off was a freaking pain in the ass tho. It sure took a lot of scraping and heat gun to get that old rubber off but it was worth the hassle for sure! Next time I might just purchase a new plastic disk and put the new rubber on that. Ether way, I highly recommend it to anyone who is feeling like their Tron disk is loosing its luster. Getting the disk spinner/motor out from under the playfield was a snap too.

Just do it!

#7394 6 years ago

You replaced with the clear rubber from Germany or a new stock black rubber disc?

#7395 6 years ago

You replaced with the clear rubber from Germany or a new stock black rubber disc?

I bought it from a Pinside member Jasonbar who had an extra and it was a clear one. I don't know if it was the same one from Germany. Might be? He also had blue ones that I have never seen before.

#7396 6 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

I bought it from a Pinside member Jasonbar who had an extra and it was a clear one. I don't know if it was the same one from Germany. Might be? He also had blue ones that I have never seen before.

Yup, German!

Enjoy the mayhem, Mok!

-Jason

#7397 6 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Yup, German!
Enjoy the mayhem, Mok!
-Jason

No. Thank you! Haha.

#7398 6 years ago

Did you get a chance to take some pics?

Sorry,Ive been a slacker......see attached

20171122_150042 (resized).jpg20171122_150042 (resized).jpg

20171122_150053 (resized).jpg20171122_150053 (resized).jpg

20171122_150037 (resized).jpg20171122_150037 (resized).jpg

20171122_150018 (resized).jpg20171122_150018 (resized).jpg

20171122_150024 (resized).jpg20171122_150024 (resized).jpg

#7399 6 years ago

yeah, the disc is nuts. tightens up your buttcheeks.

#7400 6 years ago

Right flipper is acting strangely. I hold the button to catch the ball but it deflects down and then retriggers. See images. Suggestions?

33C30D15-949E-4EBF-B21E-33958F09196C (resized).jpeg33C30D15-949E-4EBF-B21E-33958F09196C (resized).jpeg

072A04AF-8449-41E4-8BF9-E883C42B6245 (resized).jpeg072A04AF-8449-41E4-8BF9-E883C42B6245 (resized).jpeg

D6069767-FC4E-4309-B0FA-6AC99A24988F (resized).jpegD6069767-FC4E-4309-B0FA-6AC99A24988F (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 49.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
12,028 (OBO)
There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/148 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.