tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 233.
#7301 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Hey guys --- I recently sold my TRON (to fund SWLE) but I have some extra goodies if anyone is interested shoot me a message.
1. Brand New Playfield Protector from https://playfield-protectors.com/
2. Brand New replacement spinning Disc motor.
3. Brand New set of Blue and Yellow Hallmark Light Cycles for Light Cycle Mod.

Sell that SWLE and get your TRON back

#7302 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'd sell my Tron before I'd sell my SW.

(Good thing I'm not selling either!)

#7303 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I hear ya .... I LOVED TRON, it was my grail and I had so much fun modding it but I did not enjoy playing it for some reason. It was a beautiful HUO machine and I'm blessed to have owned it but I enjoy SW so much more.

#7304 6 years ago

Thanks. I know in the game settings there’s disable plunge post and disable orbit post. What’s the difference? And should I just disable both of them?
Jimmy

#7305 6 years ago

Getting lots of pms letting me know the 1st and 2nd batches of the discs have arrived, looking at a handful of the tracking numbers it looks as if they should have all arrived by now, I did take insurance out separately upon shipping so any problems guys pm!

I have also had a lot of new people pm asking about discs, I don't have any currently BUT I will do a bulk order again for people if there is enough interest, however I will require payment up front this time, sorry but I don't really want to order several dozen discs and then have half those orders either cancel or give me the good old Stern radio silence leaving me with a shit load of stock brought in good faith.

Hope that's okay and understandable if anyone is interested or wants a clear disc please feel free to pm, ideally give me your address so I can send you a shipping cost.

#7306 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have also had a lot of new people pm asking about discs, I don't have any currently BUT I will do a bulk order again for people if there is enough interest, however I will require payment up front this time

I can vouch that Jon represents everything that is good about pinball. Communication was above and beyond for someone just basically doing a “favor” for us Pinsiders in the US. it’s beyond me why someone would commit to buying and then back out when it came time to pay up. I don’t blame you Jon for doing this with prepay for the second go around.

Offer still stands that if I can ever return the favor from a US point of view, don’t hesitate to ask. Or if you ever get to this side of the pond at a show I’m attending (ReplayFX, TPF), the first beer or three are on me!!

#7307 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I hear ya .... I LOVED TRON, it was my grail and I had so much fun modding it but I did not enjoy playing it for some reason. It was a beautiful HUO machine and I'm blessed to have owned it but I enjoy SW so much more.

AFter the new update, Star Wars is like 100 times better. But that asteroid field part gets annoying and I still haven' blown up that damn death star! Its freaking hard!

#7308 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

AFter the new update, Star Wars is like 100 times better. But that asteroid field part gets annoying and I still haven' blown up that damn death star! Its freaking hard!

centerflank would have never allowed this kind of discussion in this thread. It's spelled "Portal".

#7309 6 years ago

Yup, if it isn't about lamp, Lightning Kitty or TRON--take it elsewhere...

#7310 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

centerflank would have never allowed this kind of discussion in this thread. It's spelled "Portal".

Omg relax. This forum is for people who love pinball not hitlers.. thanks

#7311 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Omg ... someone needs a drink

#7312 6 years ago

What’s a lightning kitty ?

#7313 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Omg ... someone needs a drink

You did upvote his post so he can't be totally wrong

#7314 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You did upvote his post so he can't be totally wrong

Yeah didn’t want to upset people we are all buds here. So you butt cheeses that want to discuss Star Wars take it elsewhere ! We don’t give a rats ass what u have to say! Now let’s get back to Tron..ummmm.. what else is new ?

#7315 6 years ago

TRON doesn't need anything new, it's got something no other game has.... Gem!

IMG_6133.GIFIMG_6133.GIF

IMG_6135.GIFIMG_6135.GIF

IMG_6136.GIFIMG_6136.GIF

IMG_6134.GIFIMG_6134.GIF

#7316 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

TRON doesn't need anything new, it's got something no other game has.... Gem!

Gem is pretty amazing.. from the movie I really wished they showed her dancing
More.. they just show her dancing for a millisecond it was awesome. Whoever is making that lcd mod include gem !

#7317 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Gem is pretty amazing.. from the movie I really wished they showed her dancing
More.. they just show her dancing for a millisecond it was awesome. Whoever is making that lcd mod include gem !

Gem has her own mode announcement and video that runs while active. Oh she is there!

#7318 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Gem has her own mode announcement and video that runs while active. Oh she is there!

I'll have to look for that--the shot is so tough to hit I've never looked at the dmd during Gem.

#7319 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Could have themed the whole game around her and I'm sure most of us would have still brought it, Sterns fastest selling LE

#7320 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Could have themed the whole game around her and I'm sure most of us would have still brought it, Sterns fastest selling LE

I tend to lean towards Mary Anne... Oh, I mean Quorra.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I was pointing out that I miss our glorious OP in this thread. This forum is for people who love pinball, but this thread is for TRON!!!!

As for Godwin's law... you lose.

#7321 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I tend to lean towards Mary Anne... Oh, I mean Quorra.

I was pointing out that I miss our glorious OP in this thread. This forum is for people who love pinball, but this thread is for TRON!!!!
As for Godwin's law... you lose.

yeah sorry man, next time your in Michigan drop by for a beer

#7322 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

yeah sorry man, next time your in Michigan drop by for a beer

No worries. Same goes for you in Massachusetts.

#7323 6 years ago

Ok, now that we have that all settled lets get ourselves back to the grid. Our fearless leader has passed thru the portal and may never return but our love and allegiance to Tron remains strong. Libations for everyone.

#7324 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'll have to look for that--the shot is so tough to hit I've never looked at the dmd during Gem.

He means this Playfield LCD not the DMD,

Gem at 2:10

#7325 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

He means this Playfield LCD not the DMD,
Gem at 2:10
» YouTube video

OMG! Where can I score one of these!!!

#7326 6 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

OMG! Where can I score one of these!!!

Yes this ^

#7327 6 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Our fearless leader has passed thru the portal and may never return but our love and allegiance to Tron remains strong. Libations for everyone.

What did happen to Centerflank?

#7328 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

He flew too close to the sun, and his wings melted.

#7329 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Labnip scarce, as well....miss them both on this thread....

#7330 6 years ago

CF was chased off by a Pinside newbie loudmouth. Coincidentally, that guy has basically left the forum also when he got into some heat for a few of his postings.

#7331 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

CF was chased off by a Pinside newbie loudmouth. Coincidentally, that guy has basically left the forum also when he got into some heat for a few of his postings.

Well that sucks! I wondered why he'd gone inactive. He's a guy fairly local to me I'd enjoyed chatting with on here.

Come back, CF, you're our only hope. (Yeah, yeah...SW reference in a Tron thread. My bad.)

#7332 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Well that sucks! I wondered why he'd gone inactive. He's a guy fairly local to me I'd enjoyed chatting with on here.
Come back, CF, you're our only hope. (Yeah, yeah...SW reference in a Tron thread. My bad.)

Tron lives on, strong as ever....Corey fine, just burnt out on the bs side of Pinside.....just wish he would come back long enough to change the thread title back to “Lamp” as opposed to “ Lightning Kitty”....

#7333 6 years ago

Don't mess with that bad-assed kitty!

dbf9e346f5ef327c361bb87bc6bfeeb4 (resized).jpgdbf9e346f5ef327c361bb87bc6bfeeb4 (resized).jpg

#7334 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Tron lives on, strong as ever....Corey fine, just burnt out on the bs side of Pinside.....just wish he would come back long enough to change the thread title back to “Lamp” as opposed to “ Lightning Kitty”....

Burnt out from Pinside BS?!? Aren't we all? I about hit my limit the other night but talked myself into believing the good outweighs the bad.

Maybe if we all send him a lamp in tribute, he'll come back.

#7335 6 years ago

Maybe we are thinking of two different people but I thought the Pinsider CF was exchanging blows with was still here and active!?

#7336 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Burnt out from Pinside BS?!? Aren't we all? I about hit my limit the other night but talked myself into believing the good outweighs the bad.

Agreed!!!

#7337 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Don't mess with that bad-assed kitty!

Too funny!!!

#7338 6 years ago

The word on the street is that CF's too busy for Pinside due to his consultant gig with Stern in developing TRON VE.

#7339 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The word on the street is that CF's too busy for Pinside due to his consultant gig with Stern in developing TRON VE.

He had stated he bought all the TronVE’s shortly before his departure from Pinside. You could be onto something!!!.....funny stuff......

#7340 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

That's too bad. He had little tolerance for B.S. and I loved that. He was kind of the Don Quixote of Pinside fighting off evil. Without guys like Centerflank standing up to the B.S that can often overtake this site, it and the people pushing will grow stronger. That's a difficult cross to bear, but I hope he comes back. This site needs him.

#7341 6 years ago

got my Tron saturday. sea of simulation tonight .

more importantly, all 4 of my red disc flashers are out. anyone see that before?

#7342 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

got my Tron saturday. sea of simulation tonight .
more importantly, all 4 of my red disc flashers are out. anyone see that before?

Congrats!!!....should be (2x) Red and (2x) Blue under the disc....

#7343 6 years ago

SOLD:
BLUE-3 unused sets
CLEAR-6 unused sets
UNSOLD:
CLEAR-1 set where outer disc is stuck to the inside of a Ziploc baggie (was testing it out as a light diffuser on the underside of a pop bumper cap--didn't work out, so removed--it's seen no ball action, & if you're a wiz at adhesive, you can probably stick it down just fine) [will definitely sell-cheap!]
CLEAR-1 just inner discs unused [will definitely sell--cheap!]
If you're signing up with J85M for his 2nd batch of ring rubbers shipped from England, I don't want to step on his toes, so we'd appreciate it if you don't cancel any commitment with J85M on account of this offer being more attractive.
Thanks,
-Jason
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/146#post-4002901

Quoted from jasonbar:

[I was just writing an "I'll take one from J85M if he's got excess inventory that he wants to unload...but then I remembered...]
I went a little overboard on buying Tron mod stuff (haven't we all?) in back in 2014...and every year since then...
I bought 10 sets of clear discs & 6 sets of blue discs from our German friends at Pinball Center. Shipping to the US was only 10 euros per package back in the good old days.
I wasn't sure which color I'd go with, & I was also getting lots of spares to augment the pops' LED rings with diffusers:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/59#post-2172186
I have these left in inventory:
CLEAR
6 unused sets
2 just inner discs unused
1 just outer disc already stuck to the inside of a Ziploc baggie-it can probably be peeled out, cleaned gently, re-adhesived, & installed.
BLUE
3 unused sets
After J85M unloads the rest of his inventory, hit me up for a sale. I'm in California. I won't sell until he's gotten buyers for all of his inventory, considering what he's been through.
I figure I probably want to keep 1-2 of the clear sets for spares, as the one that I installed is peeling up a bit at the edges...though it's been peeling up for a long long time now & is still playing nicely (well, not nicely, considering this is an evil mod). All the rest should be up for grabs.
Thanks,
-Jason

Added over 6 years ago: Update 2017-11-21:
All of my spare clear disc rubbers are sold, EXCEPT for 1 unused inner disc piece.
$7 shipped to USA.
Thanks,
-Jason

#7344 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Congrats!!!....should be (2x) Red and (2x) Blue under the disc....

It’s 4 red on the Pro, and no not seen that before.

#7345 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

It’s 4 red on the Pro, and no not seen that before.

Ahh...my bad....never seen all 4 out under the disc either....

#7346 6 years ago

i doubt i'd have two transistors out, so it could just be a cut in the power line.

i did notice something else. i have the arcade mod, and it looks like the arcade flasher is hooked up to the blue domed one at the end of the ramp there. the lower right flasher doesn't flash anything in test. there is one physically in the arcade, but it doesn't flash. actually, kind of looks like a regular led wedge.

how is the arcade supposed to be hooked up with the various flasher circuits in that area?

#7347 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i doubt i'd have two transistors out, so it could just be a cut in the power line.
i did notice something else. i have the arcade mod, and it looks like the arcade flasher is hooked up to the blue domed one at the end of the ramp there. the lower right flasher doesn't flash anything in test. there is one physically in the arcade, but it doesn't flash. actually, kind of looks like a regular led wedge.
how is the arcade supposed to be hooked up with the various flasher circuits in that area?

The arcade mod is supposed to be hooked up to the arcade flasher. Do any of your flashers work? Sounds like you have a lot of flashers not working.

#7348 6 years ago

the ramp flasher flashing for the arcade flasher is just the connector underneath the playfield. if i switch those back, it'll fix that issue. i'm thinking it's just a regular low-volt led in the wedge socket in the arcade. probably just wore out with the high-volt flasher power. i'll tear it apart and see what i come up with. thanks for the quick help, guys.

#7349 6 years ago

Weird problem on my LE just appeared...Orbit post normally goes up, then back down when you hold the left flipper down at ball launch....

Now , post goes up, but goes down by itself after about 5 seconds. If I hold left flipper button down, post stays down. If I don’t, it comes back up after the ball hits the first switch upon launch.

Did a brief look around last night, flipper switch seems fine.....any ideas? Guess edge test next to see what is letting go? Very strange.....thx for the help, if you’ve seen this before....mark

#7350 6 years ago

speaking of that post, what is the reason it pops up sometimes when i shoot through the pops to the rear orbit? i figure/hope that's part of gameplay.

arcade/lower right ramp flashers fixed. switch the connectors underneath, then installed an actual flasher bulb in the arcade. both work as they should; sweet! gotta look at those disc flashers next.

also, got my pinnovator board today to hook up Tron to my psw10. just finished the install. uh, yeaaah; bass is good .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/147?hl=flynnsbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.