IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 233.
#6901 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Also in the black screen club. Jiggling the cables going into the unit usually fixes it, did not consider the extension cables. Hope that helps, as the cabinet itself looks pretty hard to take apart with all the hot glue. Thanks for the info!

Yup, sounds just like mine, it seems that Jiggling the cable solution has stopped working for me. I don't mind taking it apart but would love to know what I am looking at.

#6902 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Yup, sounds just like mine, it seems that Jiggling the cable solution has stopped working for me. I don't mind taking it apart but would love to know what I am looking at.

I had to do that to mine and there's really not much to it. Take it apart and then reassemble with some crazy glue.

#6903 6 years ago

Got this speaker panel installed on my game last night

IMG_9325 (resized).jpgIMG_9325 (resized).jpg

#6904 6 years ago

Looks great!

#6905 6 years ago

looks super coolio

#6906 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

OMG - TRON is such a damn good looking pin.

#6907 6 years ago

What light tape did you use? Where did you get it from? It looks awesome!

Quoted from twenty84:

#6908 6 years ago

I got the EL paper from eBay which shipped from China. For some reason it is very hard to find from any retailers in the US. I used two sheets of A5 sized EL paper, one blue and one yellow which I cut so the diagonal dimension to fit behind the panel. I mounted the 2 small voltage inverters that power the panels to the back of the speaker panel.

I had to order a few of the laser cut stainless steel panels to get them made. I have a couple left, if you want one I'll sell it for $120 shipped.

#6909 6 years ago

I put my speaker panel and lights in last night. Looks great even without the EL paper!

IMG_8901 (resized).JPGIMG_8901 (resized).JPG

#6910 6 years ago

Got my Tron put back together...

Powder coated the legs, lockdown, sides, hinges and shooter housing ink black with blue metallic flake in the clear coat.

Lighting is bad and the colour screams in real life. Camera does no justice.

IMG_20170512_204126 (resized).jpgIMG_20170512_204126 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170512_204113 (resized).jpgIMG_20170512_204113 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170512_204152 (resized).jpgIMG_20170512_204152 (resized).jpg

#6911 6 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Got my Tron put back together...
Powder coated the legs, lockdown, sides, hinges and shooter housing ink black with blue metallic flake in the clear coat.
Lighting is bad and the colour screams in real life. Camera does no justice.

Nice!, curious, what about the leg bolts, does no one get those done?

Beautiful work... im about to have my TZ done, I took apart the coin door to get it done too

#6912 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Nice!, curious, what about the leg bolts, does no one get those done?
Beautiful work... im about to have my TZ done, I took apart the coin door to get it done too

Didn't do bolts because they eventually may chip. I also like the contrast

1 week later
#6913 6 years ago

Hi guys im looking at getting a LED color DMD but after seeing how bright they are was thinking oh shit the glare must be blinding. I have the standard orange now and didnt like the glare so put on a glare gaurd on the screen and its perfect now so before i drop 400 bucks will need some advice thanks

#6914 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Hi guys im looking at getting a LED color DMD but after seeing how bright they are was thinking oh shit the glare must be blinding. I have the standard orange now and didnt like the glare so put on a glare gaurd on the screen and its perfect now so before i drop 400 bucks will need some advice thanks

Spend $8 on a Bent Plastic and you'll be good to go.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=363&pg=1

#6915 6 years ago

I second this, bought them for all my dmd games

#6916 6 years ago

I will order some Panels today

Euro 105,- free shiping to USA

Tron_01 (resized).jpgTron_01 (resized).jpg

#6917 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

I have the colorDMD led installed and you can set the brightness. Also have a Polarizing film in front of it. That really helps the glare and brightness. Easy to install no extra plastics. So there are solutions out there, just get the one you prefer.

#6918 6 years ago

New Tron Remix, makes for a nice change and easy to go back and forth between files. Got a Jimi hendrix one I've been working on for weeks, songs, call outs and DMD. Will publish once finished.

#6919 6 years ago

So sad. LE#75 left the house today. I'll be ok. I still have my Pro. But I'd like to be alone for a little while.

#6920 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

So sad. LE#75 left the house today. I'll be ok. I still have my Pro. But I'd like to be alone for a little while.

whatha...

cry-indian.gifcry-indian.gif

#6921 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

How do I unsee this???

#6922 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

How do I unsee this???

I know. I'm sitting here thinking how do I unlive this?

I won't leave the Tron club. In the long run it is better I think that someone else can experience the LE magic. Those drops, that extra multiball, that LEness that just oozes from every surface. I wish everyone could.

Maybe you never really own a TronLE. Maybe you are just a caretaker.

I was actually playing my pro all the time because my Lightshow on the ramps is far superior. Tron has always been a great pro.

#6923 6 years ago

So last fall I shopped my tron for my wedding and then put titan comp silicone clear bands on with colored flipper bands. Not sure if I'm crazy but the flipper bands feel freaking weird like, they allow big bounces? I still can't place my finger on it.

The post and other bands I don't have an issue with but I may swap my flipper rubber out for black or something.

Do you guys have any opinions?

#6924 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So last fall I shopped my tron for my wedding and then put titan comp silicone clear bands on with colored flipper bands. Not sure if I'm crazy but the flipper bands feel freaking weird like, they allow big bounces? I still can't place my finger on it.
The post and other bands I don't have an issue with but I may swap my flipper rubber out for black or something.

I find them too sticky which leads to easier catches and more forceful shooting. I dislike them and use nothing but real rubber on flippers but love the Titan line everywhere else.

#6925 6 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I find them too sticky which leads to easier catches and more forceful shooting. I dislike them and use nothing but real rubber on flippers but love the Titan line everywhere else.

Ok good. I'm not nuts. Are you using the normal black that comes with sterns?

#6926 6 years ago

I'm rocking regular yellow rubber on the flips. I am totally over silicone and poly on the flips. I realize that rubber wears down quicker. I'm ok spinning the rubber until it is time to replace. I am also ok replacing more frequently.

I know club rules are clear rings everywhere, but I use regular white rubber on the kickers as well. It plays, IMO, more correctly.

I am tending to use poly on more applications than the silicone. I don't like the way silicone has worked, or how it lasts, in multi-post ring locations. Like the long ring near the pops, that cat got destroyed when it was silicone. I'm a lot happier with the poly there, and similarly on other games. Silicone is what I use on most single post ring applications - they seem to last fine in these situations.

#6927 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I personally hate them for the reasons you mentioned. I made it to Portal once using them and I consider it a solid miracle I did.

#6928 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ok good. I'm not nuts. Are you using the normal black that comes with sterns?

I use red most of the time on everything. Though I think I have a normal rubber orange on one side and blue on the other with Tron currently.

#6929 6 years ago

Rock on guys! Thank you!

I'll go back to stock rubber in color and update my feelings

#6930 6 years ago

I only use Titian on the flippers. Yes, I have better control, they clean up nicely and look great. For me using rubber is like playing tennis with a wooden racket.

#6931 6 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

I only use Titian on the flippers. Yes, I have better control, they clean up nicely and look great. For me using rubber is like playing tennis with a wooden racket.

Well put

#6932 6 years ago

Stock rubber flippers bounce a lot..... mmmm I'll have to swap back again and see. But they kinda feel more "normal" to play with?

#6933 6 years ago

Ditto...on all my pins...enough bounce yet controllable for me ( I'm an average player, at best). Always hated the rubber wearing out and leaving it's remnants on the playfield. Titans seem to last quite well, and mine don't seem to " shed" any material w age. The slings will break on occasion, but that's about it.

#6934 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ditto...on all my pins...enough bounce yet controllable for me ( I'm an average player, at best). Always hated the rubber wearing out and leaving it's remnants on the playfield. Titans seem to last quite well, and mine don't seem to " shed" any material w age. The slings will break on occasion, but that's about it.

Titan just posted that 2-1/4 rings are the next addition to the product line. That will take care of the sling issue.

#6935 6 years ago

Titan just posted that 2-1/4 rings are the next addition to the product line. That will take care of the sling issue.

Finally!!! TRON just had to be finicky like that...guess knowing you're one of the baddest pins in the land comes with privilege..

#6936 6 years ago

Finally got a couple mods on, from hookedonpins Black Friday sale!

IMG_3278 (resized).JPGIMG_3278 (resized).JPG

#6937 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Finally got a couple mods on, from hookedonpins Black Friday sale!

He has some great mods for tron.

I have grabbed just about everything he makes for my Tron!

#6938 6 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

New Tron Remix, makes for a nice change and easy to go back and forth between files. Got a Jimi hendrix one I've been working on for weeks, songs, call outs and DMD. Will publish once finished.
» YouTube video

The Beastie Boys mix is epic! I wish mine did that

#6939 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

He has some great mods for tron.
I have grabbed just about everything he makes for my Tron!

Yeah! I already had lit cycles (need install), recognizer and ship I just need to install leds into.

Ok so I've had the normal color rubber flipper rubber on. They forsure bounce a lot. I can't decide....the game has all clear Titan rubbers on so it's pretty bouncy. Doesn't play like I remember it before the clear upgrade. Pondering going all white :/

#6940 6 years ago

i have super bands on my Tron LE flippers. Improved my game by at least 20%.
Gives a little extra grip to balls.

#6941 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Gives a little extra grip to balls.

Isnt this all that we need in life?

#6942 6 years ago

indeed

Olivia-Wilde-spray-this-1.gifOlivia-Wilde-spray-this-1.gif

#6943 6 years ago

Ahhhhh. Princess Olivia. Just what I needed, much nicer than a cracked-egg deathstar. I think she is trying to tell me something. Buy an LE, buy an LE.

#6944 6 years ago

Looking to change my Devo pop caps to the more sleek looking chrome or black pops that Hooked on has!

Anyone have some good quality photos to make up my mind? Chrome seems to be the way to go with this.....thoughts? Agreed?

#6945 6 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Looking to change my Devo pop caps to the more sleek looking chrome or black pops that Hooked on has!
Anyone have some good quality photos to make up my mind? Chrome seems to be the way to go with this.....thoughts? Agreed?

do it. chrome is an amazing light show. you won't regret it. It actually adds/unleashes an entirely new light show to your game. Stern was holding it back. Hooked set it free to further dazzle the entire experience.

tron-le-361-3 (resized).jpgtron-le-361-3 (resized).jpg

tronpinpop-noStickers.jpgtronpinpop-noStickers.jpg

tronpinpop2.jpegtronpinpop2.jpeg

tronpinpop3.jpegtronpinpop3.jpeg

tronpinpop4b.jpegtronpinpop4b.jpeg

tronpinpop4.jpegtronpinpop4.jpeg

tronpinpop5.jpegtronpinpop5.jpeg

tronpinpop1.jpegtronpinpop1.jpeg

tronpinpop6-light-on-off.jpgtronpinpop6-light-on-off.jpg

tronpinpop6.jpegtronpinpop6.jpeg

tronpinpop7.jpegtronpinpop7.jpeg

tronpinpop8.jpegtronpinpop8.jpeg

tronpinpop9.jpegtronpinpop9.jpeg

tronpinpop10.jpegtronpinpop10.jpeg

tronpinpop12.jpegtronpinpop12.jpeg

tronpinpop11.jpegtronpinpop11.jpeg

#6946 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

do it. chrome is an amazing light show. you won't regret it. It actually adds/unleashes an entirely new light show to your game. Stern was holding it back. Hooked set it free to further dazzle the entire experience.

Just stumbled back into my old friend TRON thread, amidst the fires in others. YES, hooked chrome caps look factory, and rock on the machine.....you must do this...!!!

#6947 6 years ago

The pop caps are a must!

I have mirror blades I should install :/

#6948 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

SOMEbody needs to clean up his right orbit entrance.

#6949 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The pop caps are a must!
I have mirror blades I should install :/

That was the other thing I wanted to do! Standard mirror or the Pingraffix ones I think they are...that look awesome as well.....man...I'm gonna be broke!

#6950 6 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

That was the other thing I wanted to do! Standard mirror or the Pingraffix ones I think they are...that look awesome as well.....man...I'm gonna be broke!

Timebandits lit ramps are next...... broke for sure!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/139 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.