(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,262 posts
  • 468 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 395 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(556 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,254 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg

There are 9262 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 186.
#6851 2 years ago

Speaking of Tron, jeepers. Had one of those game where the first ball was pure magic. Finished disc, finished Gem, Finished Zeus. I had LC, Quorra, and CLU ready to start. I'm thinking this is it, my return to Portal because I'm on fire! Well we all know where this story is going. I swear this game was put on this earth just to torment me.

#6852 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Speaking of Tron, jeepers. Had one of those game where the first ball was pure magic. Finished disc, finished Gem, Finished Zeus. I had LC, Quorra, and CLU ready to start. I'm thinking this is it, my return to Portal because I'm on fire! Well we all know where this story is going. I swear this game was put on this earth just to torment me.

Love it- I once had a game where I missed Portal because I didn't light TRON solid. Inexplicable.

Looks like I'm keeping my game until at least June. May still record a vid for fun since equipment is here.

#6853 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

''Tis the story of most of us.....mine doesn't leave"...a freakin' timeless, ass kicking machine!!

#6854 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

.mine doesn't leave".

Neither of mine is leaving.

That's how good it is, boo yah.

Two is barely enough.

#6855 2 years ago

Blade install last night. Dig it!

Note the one shot with only one side installed. Gives you a good before/after comparison.

IMG_7095 (resized).JPG

IMG_7096 (resized).JPG

IMG_7097 (resized).JPG

#6856 2 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Note the one shot with only one side installed. Gives you a good before/after comparison.

She looks awesome.

#6857 2 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Now they look totally awesome !

These are the ones right ?
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/tron-bladeskins

Cheers.

#6858 2 years ago

Finally got my armor back from the local powder coat shop!

IMG_6120 (resized).JPG

IMG_6121 (resized).JPG

IMG_6124 (resized).JPG

IMG_6129 (resized).JPG

IMG_6131 (resized).JPG

IMG_6133 (resized).JPG

#6859 2 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Now they look totally awesome !
These are the ones right ?
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/tron-bladeskins
Cheers.

Yep? Those are them.

#6860 2 years ago

Joined the club finally

IMG_0070 (resized).JPG

#6861 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Joined the club finally

excellent

#6862 2 years ago

Nice work, looks completely modded and ready for play

image (resized).jpg

#6863 2 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Nice work, looks completely modded and ready for play

Yes loaded with everything I wanted.

#6864 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Joined the club finally

Nice pick up. Looks awesome!

#6865 2 years ago

i have 1 Piece left of this

Euro 105,- shipped

1tr (resized).jpg

#6866 2 years ago

Any fellow users have any advice on buying 3d translite? a few on Fleabay that look worse for wear. I see a pinside member has sold a few and has another listed at $250. comments...... fair price, other sellers anyone can recommend?

#6867 2 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Any fellow users have any advice on buying 3d translite? a few on Fleabay that look worse for wear. I see a pinside member has sold a few and has another listed at $250. comments...... fair price, other sellers anyone can recommend?

I bought from the pinside seller, he is a good dude and I received a perfect one, they used to be 300+, priced dropped a little, but they are pretty cool, I have the third run Tron so now I have all 3 trans.

#6868 2 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I bought from the pinside seller, he is a good dude and I received a perfect one, they used to be 300+, priced dropped a little, but they are pretty cool, I have the third run Tron so now I have all 3 trans.

Cool thanks mate, just waiting on shipping costs.

#6869 2 years ago

New to the club and having trouble with outlane drains from the right ramp drop where it just goes up and out. Without reading all the posts hope someone can recommend something. I tried shifting the ramp angle with no success. I don't have the machine in its final spot nor leveled so may be the issue.

#6870 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

New to the club and having trouble with outlane drains from the right ramp drop where it just goes up and out. Without reading all the posts hope someone can recommend something. I tried shifting the ramp angle with no success. I don't have the machine in its final spot nor leveled so may be the issue.

step 1: level

#6871 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

step 1: level

Ya I will when I move it into slot. Other thought is to deaden the ramp end, maybe needs a new grommet.

#6872 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Ya I will when I move it into slot. Other thought is to deaden the ramp end, maybe needs a new grommet.

clean & wax

adjust ramp support post screws

replace balls

#6873 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

+1 for level

If my right ramp rejects the ball it will come back to upper flipper or bank targets.

#6874 2 years ago

Newest release.... Tronzone Space Paranoids

IMG_8892.JPG

#6875 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

clean & wax
adjust ramp support post screws
replace balls

I should clarify, I hit the left ramp clean and the ball drop on the right side keeps hopping the rail and out the drain. So far I have leveled, tried adjusting the ramp screws with angle, changed the post rubber, spun the ramp grommet. 35-40% of time results in a lost ball. Crazy

#6876 2 years ago

Oh that sounds more like it. I couldn't for the life of me work out how the right ramp would drain. I have the CLIFFY switch protectors installed so havnt had the problem, not sure if they help but don't have the same problem.

#6877 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I should clarify, I hit the left ramp clean and the ball drop on the right side keeps hopping the rail and out the drain. So far I have leveled, tried adjusting the ramp screws with angle, changed the post rubber, spun the ramp grommet. 35-40% of time results in a lost ball. Crazy

Pic? Not sure if anything would be immediately obvious, but such a rare issue.

#6878 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

almost sounds like rail is pushed in some? can you post a pic of where the ball hopping is happening?

#6879 2 years ago

this is my guess. hits the left ramp, ball comes back to right inlane, drops and bounces or spins over to the outlane?

054 (resized).jpg

#6880 2 years ago

Is the ball dropping out of the right ramp onto the metal lane guide and hopping over to the outlane? BOBCADE, how straight is the metal lane guide on your machine? In Grg's pic above it appears pretty straight. Mine leans towards the outlane slightly and at first it bothered me but I think it helps the ball stay in the inlane . Just wondering if yours may lean the other way.

#6881 2 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

this is my guess. hits the left ramp, ball comes back to right inlane, drops and bounces or spins over to the outlane?

Exactly it.

#6882 2 years ago

I adjusted the ramp a little and put down a pair of Mylar strips on each side of the switch. It's more tolerable, like 15% up and out the outlane or hopping the rail now.

#6883 2 years ago

How wild

#6884 2 years ago

How wild, this wild?

image (resized).jpg

#6885 2 years ago

Realistically‚Äč, what are unmodded pros selling for right now? Are they surpassing LOTR?

#6886 2 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Realistically‚Äč, what are unmodded pros selling for right now? Are they surpassing LOTR?

Might be hard to fine one that's not modded. I have no idea on pricing, just what pinside lists.
Pinside pricing average:
Lotr $4990-$5810
Tron (pro) $5,830-$6,770
In New Zealand I've only seen one Tron come up for sale so I bought it! I've seen many LOTR over the years for sale in the NZ market.

#6887 2 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Might be hard to fine one that's not modded. I have no idea on pricing, just what pinside lists.
Pinside pricing average:
Lotr $4990-$5810
Tron (pro) $5,830-$6,770
In New Zealand I've only seen one Tron come up for sale so I bought it! I've seen many LOTR over the years for sale in the NZ market.

Agreed......I would suspect TRON is on an equal pricing plane w LOTR if it were unmodded, but doubt they will be easy to find. Modded pros will always command more....

#6888 2 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

How wild, this wild?

i wonder if that's pronounced tee-ron ?

#6889 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i wonder if that's pronounced tee-ron ?

Whatever it is I'm staying well clear

#6890 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I removed the black ramp grommet and that took care of it.

#6891 2 years ago

We've just added this alternative set of Tron cabinet decals to our line up. They're available from here http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/tron-legacy-alternate-hd-pinball-cabinet-decals/

tron-pinball-alternative-cabinet-decals-flipper-side-art (resized).jpg

#6892 2 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

We've just added this alternative set of Tron cabinet decals to our line up. They're available from here http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/tron-legacy-alternate-hd-pinball-cabinet-decals/

Hi, do you sell the headbox decals separately?

#6893 2 years ago

Hold on now, you replaced Gem on the right side bbox. Grrrrrr.

#6894 2 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Hold on now, you replaced Gem on the right side bbox. Grrrrrr.

Your avatar will not be impressed

I kinda like it because I have the Clu edition, wouldn't be bad to have him on the cabinet.

#6895 2 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Hi, do you sell the headbox decals separately?

Sorry we don't.

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#6896 2 years ago

Pete, looks like you have the yellow and blue flip flopped on the front/sides... ie blue on the right and orange-yellow on the left. maybe im wrong... but seems like it should match the pf.

#6897 2 years ago

Does anyone have a soft copy of the instructions for the Tron mini cabinet install? Mine is coming on about 50% of the time and it was installed before I got this machine. It has a resistor soldered onto to connector and I need to see if that was a hack or intended.

#6898 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Does anyone have a soft copy of the instructions for the Tron mini cabinet install? Mine is coming on about 50% of the time and it was installed before I got this machine. It has a resistor soldered onto to connector and I need to see if that was a hack or intended.

Mine is doing the same thing. Please let me know what you find...

#6899 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Mine is doing the same thing. Please let me know what you find...

Mine too

I sent a message about this

IMG_3027 (resized).PNG

#6900 2 years ago

Also in the black screen club. Jiggling the cables going into the unit usually fixes it, did not consider the extension cables. Hope that helps, as the cabinet itself looks pretty hard to take apart with all the hot glue. Thanks for the info!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 9262 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside