(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,057 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by jp335i
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 389 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    19%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(550 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,203 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg
7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3239 (resized).jpg
IMG_3237 (resized).jpg
IMG_3201 (resized).jpg
IMG_3198 (resized).jpg
IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1930 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
71703595-04CC-40A2-9570-F1C237A70400 (resized).jpeg
88BA2A41-B3A9-4A82-8554-E48B0A7DC409.jpeg
74523D42-985D-4F8A-B1CD-C14E877893A4 (resized).jpeg
20190421_125801 (resized).jpg
20190402_162223 (resized).jpg
Tron-Legacy-WallPaper-tron-legacy-24853362-1919-826 (resized).png

There are 9057 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 182.
#6801 2 years ago

YES

#6802 2 years ago

I've had Tron 4.5 years, but have been a casual player overall so I have not got all the way to Portal been to SOS a few times.

I like how it's rules are hard enough but not impossibly hard to make it to mini wizard or wizard mode and have a balance of easy modes and more difficult modes.

It's such a good game for casual play but also rewards more goal oriented play.

I'm starting to play it more often and getting to know the rules and shots better and it's just getting better and better.

#6803 2 years ago

I thought Tron was overrated and nothing too special after a few casual plays, until I just stayed on it and kept feeding it quarters for about an hour at an arcade. Then I thought it was the best pin I had ever played, and bought one...

#6804 2 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

and bought one...

Wise move. Although I'm playing TWD more right now, i still prefer Tron.

Lights + actions + geek = happy.

#6805 2 years ago

tron-atari-7 (resized).jpg

#6806 2 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I thought Tron was overrated and nothing too special after a few casual plays, until I just stayed on it and kept feeding it quarters for about an hour at an arcade. Then I thought it was the best pin I had ever played, and bought one...

Welcome to the grid!!!...TRON is what it is...one of the best, brutal machines available, period.

#6807 2 years ago

i will get the panels tody

2 pieces in stock

Panel_Stern_alt_TRON_mit_speaker (resized).jpg

#6808 2 years ago

only 1 left

#6809 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i will get the panels tody
2 pieces in stock

That is awesome. Does it fit over the panel so it's ok for the LE?

#6810 2 years ago

Made it to portal on a whim today after draining ball 1 immediately at 1,000,000 points. The only reason I kept playing is Light Cycle and CLU were ready.

Wound up completing EVERYTHING and skipped SOS and went right to Portal (awarded 50,000,000 bonus).

Wound up with my GC score but OF COURSE drained after 6,700,000

#6811 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Made it to portal on a whim today after draining ball 1 immediately at 1,000,000 points. The only reason I kept playing is Light Cycle and CLU were ready.
Wound up completing EVERYTHING and skipped SOS and went right to Portal (awarded 50,000,000 bonus).

Great, I find it hard to continue on with a game if I suck up ball one. Goes to show you never can tell.

#6812 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Great, I find it hard to continue on with a game if I suck up ball one. Goes to show you never can tell.

Yeah one of the things I like about Tron is you can do that because ball times are short.

On SM and LOTR, if I didn't stack properly on ball one and complete a mode, I'd press START more often than not. But those games take SOOO long to reach the wizard mode you almost have to so you don't waste your time.

#6813 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That's why I turn off the restart feature on all my games. It forces me to play all three balls, and I'm often delightfully surprised by the result.

#6814 2 years ago

Nice! Starting SoS with everything lit solid is awesome. The only thing better is doing it with double scoring running for a cool 100M. I've only ever accomplished this once.

#6815 2 years ago

Sweet!!! That is the absolute magic of TRON....brutal, short ball times, but once in a while, she lets you in.....

#6816 2 years ago

I see you've met my ol lady

#6817 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I see you've met my ol lady

I've heard about her short ball times.

#6818 2 years ago

only 1 piece left

first come first get
1o5$ shipped

#6819 2 years ago

1o5 light cycling on r66 is where i get my kix o172

tron-cars-1 (resized).jpg

#6820 2 years ago

Tron !

IMG_8627 (resized).JPG

#6822 2 years ago

Anyone know if Stern produced a flyer for the LE? Never seen one.

#6823 2 years ago

I'm not crazy about Jared Leto (I mean Suicide Squad was meh) but I really like to see another Tron.

#6824 2 years ago

WTF why does my autocorrect always change Tron to Iron? crap.

#6825 2 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Anyone know if Stern produced a flyer for the LE? Never seen one.

i think there's just 1 flyer design

#6827 2 years ago

Never mind...talked out of it

#6828 2 years ago

tron-arcade-1 (resized).jpg

#6829 2 years ago

Since putting clear disc rubber and silicone on this game, my Tron is a screaming deamon that has been deep fried, sprinkled in glitter, that breathes fire on you. I fing love it... after all this time with the game, it is the most rewarding game Stern has made, easy to understand, difficult to master. Sea of Simulation now gets my heart racing again... Thanks again Borg. I judge all new releases against this... most are soft in comparison.

#6830 2 years ago

here is the last chance to get one of the stainless steel speaker panels
$ 85,- + 20$

#6831 2 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Since putting clear disc rubber and silicone on this game, my Tron is a screaming deamon that has been deep fried, sprinkled in glitter, that breathes fire on you. I fing love it... after all this time with the game, it is the most rewarding game Stern has made, easy to understand, difficult to master. Sea of Simulation now gets my heart racing again... Thanks again Borg. I judge all new releases against this... most are soft in comparison.

I wish Pinside had a double upvote.

#6832 2 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I sold my LOTR to get one. Now I'm like, "LOTR? I never owned an LOTR." How fast I forgot that machine once I played Tron...

#6833 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I sold my LOTR to get one. Now I'm like, "LOTR? I never owned an LOTR." How fast I forgot that machine once I played Tron...

Same! My biggest mistake was putting a LOTR next to Tron. Gandalf and Co are gone.... Didnt hold up for me.

#6834 2 years ago

Anyone know what difference this makes??

I had it set to default/medium.

IMG_5963 (resized).JPG

#6835 2 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Anyone know what difference this makes??
I had it set to default/medium.

Yo mama so fat, she ride a heavy cycle.

Yo mama got so fat, I didn't even recognizer.

#6836 2 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Yo mama so fat, she sat on coal and made Gem.

#6837 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I kept both. They pluck different chords for me. Both keepers.

#6838 2 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Yo mama so fat, she can eat a Big Mac with one Byte!

#6839 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I kept both. They pluck different chords for me. Both keepers.

I had a 45 minute game on POTC tonight as well. That might be next. Pinball should be a quick in and out - you shouldn't have to clear your schedule to play a game.

#6840 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Yo mama so fat, she can eat a Big Mac with one BIT

#6842 2 years ago

SWEET !!!

I'll get membership paperwork ready. Let us know when you get it

#6843 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

SWEET !!!
I'll get membership paperwork ready. Let us know when you get it

No... this IS my game, I'm listing it

#6844 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

No... this IS my game, I'm listing it

yeah, saw that after I went to the listing

#6845 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I had a 45 minute game on POTC tonight as well. That might be next. Pinball should be a quick in and out - you shouldn't have to clear your schedule to play a game.

I've probably had 3 games over 30 minutes in my life. If a game starts playing too long, I usually tweak the setup a bit. Outlanes first, then pitch (up or down), sleeves on the posts to make shots tighter, and finally rubber to be bouncier and a bit less predictable if you flail.

#6846 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

yeah, saw that after I went to the listing

Thanks for the bump. keep pinside cool my man.

#6847 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I've probably had 3 games over 30 minutes in my life. If a game starts playing too long, I usually tweak the setup a bit. Outlanes first, then pitch (up or down), sleeves on the posts to make shots tighter, and finally rubber to be bouncier and a bit less predictable if you flail.

Well...I was playing yzfguy's machine and he sets it up easy so that he can get high scores that look good enough to post on Pinside. Ten minute ball saves, extra balls for hitting the slings, and four winds multiball just because. I set my machines up for people who know how to play pinball.

#6848 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...I was playing yzfguy's machine and he sets it up easy so that he can get high scores that look good enough to post on Pinside. Ten minute ball saves, extra balls for hitting the slings, and four winds multiball just because. I set my machines up for people who know how to play pinball.

One lucky game and he becomes a smack-talker.

#6849 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

One lucky game and he becomes a smack-talker.

...and then there was Metallica.

Can't wait for my Tron disc to fire the ball up yzfguy's ass.

#6850 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

HAHAH pure comedy..thx for the laugh

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Bernardo , CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 26.50
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 9057 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside