tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,645 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 233.
#6551 7 years ago

Joined the club. Got the pro loaded with mods and shaker. Decided to put the clear pads on the disc. Good thing i have the protectors...it comes out way faster and it makes some wicked patterns when it does. Its hit the mirror blade and even wedged into the right sling behind the rubber! Friggin love it!!!

#6552 7 years ago
Quoted from keys88:

Hi. Does anyone have a topper for sale or knows how I can get one? Thanks.

cointaker..back in stock. They have 3 left.

#6553 7 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

I bought some of the OU BAO clips: ebay.com link
This might turn out to be a handy way of installing the kit without needing to remove the ramps to drill holes...? (Says the guy who hasn't yet looked into the installation process.)
-Jason

Those clips that I bought way back when didn't work--there just weren't enough flat spots on the ramps to stick them. So, drilling & cable tying it was!

2 years & 1 month after purchase, I installed my Eli's ramp light kit on my Tron Pro.
*blush*
Hard to find a 6-hour block of (mostly) uninterrupted time...

What a pain in the neck. Not really difficult, but time-consuming, boring, & tedious. I needed to do all the ramp work in 1 day (I did the electronics and wiring a free weeks ago); it would have been challenging to store ramps somewhere, store fasteners, remember what went where, keep it clean and safe, have the game unplayable for a period.

Remind me to never do a big & time-consuming pinball mod again...

Having said that...

WOW!!! THEY LOOK AMAZING! ALMOST FEELS AS IF I HAVE A NEW GAME! THE LIGHTS DON'T JUST LOOK PRETTY; THEY PROVIDE VALUABLE INFORMATION TOO! LIKE BLINKING RED WHEN I'M 1 SHOT AWAY FROM STARTING DISC MULTIBALL. I'll try to pay attention & see if there are other clues given by their colors and patterns.

Looking forward to playing it in the dark, volume high. =D

-Jason

PS--weird that my camera picked up light spots where the cables were bent more tightly (as the instructions warned)--I really can't notice this during gameplay.

IMG_20161024_072932 (resized).jpgIMG_20161024_072932 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161023_220937 (resized).jpgIMG_20161023_220937 (resized).jpg

#6554 7 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Those clips that I bought way back when didn't work--there just weren't enough flat spots on the ramps to stick them. So, drilling & cable tying it was!
2 years & 1 month after purchase, I installed my Eli's ramp light kit on my Tron Pro.
*blush*
Hard to find a 6-hour block of (mostly) uninterrupted time...
What a pain in the neck. Not really difficult, but time-consuming, boring, & tedious. I needed to do all the ramp work in 1 day (I did the electronics and wiring a free weeks ago); it would have been challenging to store ramps somewhere, store fasteners, remember what went where, keep it clean and safe, have the game unplayable for a period.
Having said that...
WOW!!! THEY LOOK AMAZING! ALMOST FEELS AS IF I HAVE A NEW GAME! THE LIGHTS DON'T JUST LOOK PRETTY; THEY PROVIDE VALUABLE INFORMATION TOO! LIKE BLINKING RED WHEN I'M 1 SHOT AWAY FROM STARTING DISC MULTIBALL. I'll try to pay attention & see if there are other clues given by their colors and patterns.
Looking forward to playing it in the dark, volume high. =D
-Jason
PS--weird that my camera picked up light spots where the cables were bent more tightly (as the instructions warned)--I really can't notice this during gameplay.

Congrats. I feel ya man. I found that a hot pointy soldering iron worked really well making the holes for the zip ties.

#6555 7 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Congrats. I feel ya man. I found that a hot pointy soldering iron worked really well making the holes for the zip ties.

Really? Didn't bring a gooey string of plastic?

Here's the tron ride

#6556 7 years ago

I'm getting "hooked" pop bumper caps....I have the pinbits blue devo pops....I will sell them for $30 shipped if someone wants them...

#6557 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Really? Didn't bring a gooey string of plastic?
Here's the tron ride
» YouTube video

Nope. I have a soldering station so I adjusted the temp down low. You never have to worry about the bit walking sideways. Also no droppings.

ramphole (resized).jpgramphole (resized).jpg

#6558 7 years ago

Nope. I have a soldering station so I adjusted the temp down low. You never have to worry about the bit walking sideways. Also no droppings.

I've about bought the eli ramp mod and was curious about the drilling. I agree, drilling is nice, but on a smooth surface that bit likes to move.

#6559 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I've about bought the eli ramp mod and was curious about the drilling. I agree, drilling is nice, but on a smooth surface that bit likes to move.

All you need is a pilot hole. A center punch isn't practical here, so just take a scribe (long pointy metal tool), locate your hole, and push firmly with the scribe tip to make a dimple in the soft plastic.
Then your drill won't wander.

Jason

#6560 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I agree, drilling is nice, but on a smooth surface that bit likes to move.

It's also very soft. I drilled mine and really didn't have much problem with wander at all, even without pilots.

#6561 7 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

All you need is a pilot hole. A center punch isn't practical here, so just take a scribe (long pointy metal tool), locate your hole, and push firmly with the scribe tip to make a dimple in the soft plastic.
Then your drill won't wander.
Jason

Quoted from herg:

It's also very soft. I drilled mine and really didn't have much problem with wander at all, even without pilots.

So you're telling me I shouldn't be scared to drill I got Tron cleaned up soooo nice for my wedding...and it took a shit on me 2 hours in soooo its been sitting, all purdy but boards got shipped out.

#6562 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The soldering iron is also very fast and creates a reinforcement around the hole as the material is pushed outward. This should help prevent cracking down the road. Just don't hold it there too long or the rim will turn dark from the heat.

#6563 7 years ago

Being made now. I use 4mm optic fibre. I hand made my prototypes out of paperclips.
Screenshot_2016-10-27-06-41-33-77 (resized).pngScreenshot_2016-10-27-06-41-33-77 (resized).png

#6564 7 years ago

TimeBandit this could be huge for those of us who don't have the fiber kits on yet. Keep us posted on the progress.

#6565 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Being made now. I use 4mm optic fibre. I hand made my prototypes out of paperclips.

Man, it's the next best thing since sliced bread ! Loonking forward to see what it looks like once installed.

#6566 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

jeez, are you gonna do every mod I have to have or what? hahahh

#6567 7 years ago

Query for people who have had the game longer than me, is it possible to set the height of the disc? I think mine is a little too high and could do with coming down slightly, maybe 1cm or 2. A friend said this is possible but I've no idea how, help please?

#6568 7 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

Query for people who have had the game longer than me, is it possible to set the height of the disc? I think mine is a little too high and could do with coming down slightly, maybe 1cm or 2. A friend said this is possible but I've no idea how, help please?

Yes, there are nuts on the sides of the bracket that holds the motor. You can loosen them, then move the entire motor/disc assembly up and down in relation to the bracket. BTW, I hope you mean 1mm or 2. 2cm would be huge!

#6569 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Yes, there are nuts on the sides of the bracket that holds the motor. You can loosen them, then move the entire motor/disc assembly up and down in relation to the bracket. BTW, I hope you mean 1mm or 2. 2cm would be huge!

Thanks, will look at it tonight. Yes only a fraction so 1mm probably!

#6570 7 years ago

IMG20161029215131 (resized).jpgIMG20161029215131 (resized).jpg

IMG20161029215257 (resized).jpgIMG20161029215257 (resized).jpg

IMG20161029215200 (resized).jpgIMG20161029215200 (resized).jpg

IMG20161029215119 (resized).jpgIMG20161029215119 (resized).jpg

IMG20161029214936 (resized).jpgIMG20161029214936 (resized).jpg

#6571 7 years ago

IMG20161029220616 (resized).jpgIMG20161029220616 (resized).jpg

IMG20161029220605 (resized).jpgIMG20161029220605 (resized).jpg

IMG20161029220258 (resized).jpgIMG20161029220258 (resized).jpg

IMG20161029220202 (resized).jpgIMG20161029220202 (resized).jpg

#6572 7 years ago

Hi. Can anyone tell me where I can buy the yellow and blue race lane plastics? They are the arrow mods that go on the ends of the ramps near the flippers. Thanks

#6573 7 years ago

IMG20161101080644 (resized).jpgIMG20161101080644 (resized).jpg

IMG20161101080513 (resized).jpgIMG20161101080513 (resized).jpg

IMG20161101080627 (resized).jpgIMG20161101080627 (resized).jpg

IMG20161101080456 (resized).jpgIMG20161101080456 (resized).jpg

IMG20161101080315 (resized).jpgIMG20161101080315 (resized).jpg

IMG20161101080309 (resized).jpgIMG20161101080309 (resized).jpg

IMG20161101080250 (resized).jpgIMG20161101080250 (resized).jpg

IMG20161101080236 (resized).jpgIMG20161101080236 (resized).jpg

#6574 7 years ago

When is the tron stuff ready?!

#6575 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

When is the tron stuff ready?!

Within this calendar year. Total Lightshow is doing a version of the ramp lights that reacts with switches as well as lamps.

#6576 7 years ago

I wonder how those would look spray painted?

#6577 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I wonder how those would look spray painted?

From player viewpoint they are almost invisible. And that's in daylight. In a dim or dark room you won't see them.

#6578 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Within this calendar year. Total Lightshow is doing a version of the ramp lights that reacts with switches as well as lamps.

As in I shouldn't buy Eli ramp mod.......... ??

#6579 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

As in I shouldn't buy Eli ramp mod.......... ??

That is the mod of mods. It's what I aspire to. It is very high quality, with those beautiful aluminium housings for the LEDs. It is available now. You should buy it.
Mine will do more, as it reads switches as well as lamp states. Mine will have much simpler LED attachments to the ramp fibre and therefore will look less impressive as a piece of hardware. I don't feel I am stepping on too many toes as that mod has had the market for a couple of years now, and most people have probably already got it, and I am bringing something new to the table with the switch reading. Mine will be much lower cost. Mine is not ready yet, and technically, there is a risk that it may never be, so you may get frustrated if you wait. I have a good track record of quality through the installed user base of the Metallica GI mod.
Those are the data points.

#6580 7 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Oops, I did it again.

Well, these weren't nearly as intensive as the Eli's ramp lights. Maybe 1-1.5 hours of low-stress, straightforward, pause-when-life-interrupts-and-resume-without-difficulty work.

The pictures didn't come out very well. Amateur quickie cell phone shots.

In person, the bats do look better, but not super duper awesome. You don't get the full spectrum of colors. There are some good blues, & the yellows/oranges didn't quite match my game, so I went plain blue, with the brightness about 2/3 up. Definitely cool with clear flipper rubbers!

Customer service from Peter at B&T in Germany was great, instructions great, product quality very high, shipping pretty quick & cheap. I went straight to Peter because PPS didn't have an option for selling a kit with 3 flippers. One PCB can handle 4 flippers (all displaying the same color or mode). Peter sold me a kit with 1 extra bat with extra-long wire for the upper flipper. $147.34 shipped to California.

Thanks,
-Jason

IMG_20161031_224534 (resized).jpgIMG_20161031_224534 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161031_224552 (resized).jpgIMG_20161031_224552 (resized).jpg

#6581 7 years ago

Looks nice Jason. It's too bad those bats don't have 12v LEDs in them as we could then hook them up to the controller tied to the ramp kit. I've been try making a translation circuit to step them down to the voltage in Peter's kit; but, haven't gotten around to it.

1 week later
#6582 7 years ago

Joined the club! First things first, alter the mood boys. Link to my tron pinball browser video.

First was changing Flynn,  clu and gem music to the original with a twist. I then changed the clu rollover sounds to light cycle sounds. I couldn't believe there is essentially no speech for jackpot, super jackpot etc that's why I like afm and fish tales, the super jackpot speech is awesome. So created The System voice for super jackpot call outs instead of crazy weak fx noises. The combo shots (6 in total) all had fx sounds, changed to the System speech for combo 1, combo 2-5, the last combo 6 is Kevin Flynn speech. I like this as it reminds me of stern star trek looping the ramp combo. Kevin Flynn voices for high score call outs added.

Ummm what else.....Probably heaps I missed. About 20 hours so far and much more remains. I know people share the dubstep version but I wanted more original. Will concentrate on mainly fx sounds from here, I've been using the movie converted to mp3 to obtain the new fx and speech.

#6583 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

» YouTube video
Joined the club! First things first, alter the mood boys. Link to my tron pinball browser video.
First was changing Flynn,  clu and gem music to the original with a twist. I then changed the clu rollover sounds to light cycle sounds. I couldn't believe there is essentially no speech for jackpot, super jackpot etc that's why I like afm and fish tales, the super jackpot speech is awesome. So created The System voice for super jackpot call outs instead of crazy weak fx noises. The combo shots (6 in total) all had fx sounds, changed to the System speech for combo 1, combo 2-5, the last combo 6 is Kevin Flynn speech. I like this as it reminds me of stern star trek looping the ramp combo. Kevin Flynn voices for high score call outs added.
Ummm what else.....Probably heaps I missed. About 20 hours so far and much more remains. I know people share the dubstep version but I wanted more original. Will concentrate on mainly fx sounds from here, I've been using the movie converted to mp3 to obtain the new fx and speech.

That sounds great, maybe good to post it in this thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-there-are-now-3-music-remixes-poll#post-3309124
Are you willing to share your version?

#6584 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

That sounds great, maybe good to post it in this thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-there-are-now-3-music-remixes-poll#post-3309124
Are you willing to share your version?

Thanks mate. Cheers for the link, was only aware of the dubstep version. Interesting to listen to people's takes on it. Happy to share but can't say I know how as of yet. Only started playing with pinball browser earlier this week and just received tron today. Now that I can listen to the game much easier (previously just using youtube) I can make much more educated changes.

I'm going to concentrate on more speech replacement like my combo and jackpot sounds.

#6585 7 years ago

Hey everyone, after some advice on installing a new disc rubber in my Tron.

Please have a look here..... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-clearblue-disc-extra-adhesive-or-no

#6586 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

» YouTube video

I'm sorry, but Thiel's Gem music is the best of the whole game.

#6587 7 years ago

I'm sorry, but Thiel's Gem music is the best of the whole game.

No need to be sorry. To each their own. I've now finished and happy with the results, changed LC multi and Portal music, plus a bunch of added speech and call outs from the LE version.

#6588 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

No need to be sorry. To each their own. I've now finished and happy with the results, changed LC multi and Portal music, plus a bunch of added speech and call outs from the LE version.

Will you share?

#6589 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

» YouTube video

Nice work, I made the dubstep remix, but I would really love to incorporate your jackpot and combo sounds into my mix, obviously you will be credited.

#6590 7 years ago

My tron broke at my wedding Just had to driver board redone @ coin op cauldron and replaced the flipper coils yesterday. TRON LIVES!!!!!

Now to put all the parts and mods on....

#6591 7 years ago

Got my ColorDMD LED installed and I love it!

20161107_215350 (resized).jpg20161107_215350 (resized).jpg

#6592 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Excited to possibly check this out, I've got an LE, might you put out a version for each? I would be super appreciative

#6593 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Video:» YouTube video

Currently using the LCD version for TRON, like a majority of other people I expect, but I must admit that LED does seem to suit this particular game very well.

#6594 7 years ago

I upgrade my TRON LE from a ColorDMD LCD to a new ColorDMD LED display.

WOW, now the colors are full saturated and the black is really dark black, like old days arcade CRTs -> thats how Tron should look .

In comparision the LCD colors were washed out and black was grey.

#6595 7 years ago
Quoted from DerRoland:

I upgrade my TRON LE from a ColorDMD LCD to a new ColorDMD LED display.
WOW, now the colors are full saturated and the black is really dark black, like old days arcade CRTs -> thats how Tron should look .
In comparision the LCD colors were washed out and black was grey.

Can you swap over the displays easily, or is the mounting paraphernalia different?

#6596 7 years ago

That was little tricky: the LCD display fits direct on the LS-panel (screwholes were right placed). The LED display is smaller and the RGB panels have an offset ~5mm, so I reused my old mounting brackets from the original plasma display. I covered the upper gap between LED display and panel with a black velvet tape (prevent light from the neontube). Electrical connection are the same.

ColorDMD LED (resized).jpgColorDMD LED (resized).jpg

#6597 7 years ago

How big of a display difference is there between the LED and LCD ColorDMD? If the LED version looks better and it's cheaper, it seems like a given to buy the LED version?

#6598 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Video:» YouTube video

LED display looks crazy bright! Love it! Does it hurt your eyes?

#6599 7 years ago

Hey TimeBandit these aprons are fantastic. On the LE there's no artwork in the triangle areas of the metal apron. What would you recommend on yours? Would it look weird leaving it empty on the acrylic?

#6600 7 years ago
Quoted from keys88:

Hi. Does anyone have a topper for sale or knows how I can get one? Thanks.

I have a used laseriffic topper if you're still looking for one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,645 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/132 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.