(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,251 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 394 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg
6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg
16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg
6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg
F91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpeg
391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg
D8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg
961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg
69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg
B2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2387 (resized).jpeg
9FA77E18-CAA0-4EAA-A751-867C30FDA061 (resized).jpeg
20190810_102415 (resized).jpg

There are 9251 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 186.
#6501 2 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

I've got three Flynn's signs and some FTS-8's left. PM me if you're interested.

PM'd

#6502 2 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

PM Sent

#6503 2 years ago

PM sent

Quoted from dkpinball:

#6504 2 years ago

image (resized).jpg

#6505 2 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

whats FTS-8?

#6507 2 years ago

Anyone knows where I can get the Cliffy hole protector from Europe ? Thanks

#6508 2 years ago
Quoted from T3mpest:

Anyone knows where I can get the Cliffy hole protector from Europe ? Thanks

Cliffy doesn't work on Tron. Sacrilege, I know. You want this one:

http://www.mantisamusements.com/protector.htm

#6509 2 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Cliffy doesn't work on Tron. Sacrilege, I know. You want this one:
http://www.mantisamusements.com/protector.htm

What about these:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/tron.htm

They protect above the hole and not just the inside.

#6510 2 years ago

When I bought my Tron LE a while back it originally had a Cliffy scoop protector fitted. The ball kept getting hung up on the edge of the protector when you first plunged the ball.

I fitted the Mantis scoop protector soon afterwards, as I got so fed up with nudging the game to free the stuck ball.

After several owners, my friend now has my old Tron LE, and the scoop surround is still in pristine condition with the Mantis protector fitted.

#6511 2 years ago

Either works. No need to take sides. I would have either. I do have the Cliffy though, with a cut out on the right for the soft plunge to roll into the scoop (I think that might have been the second design Cliffy went with, but could be wrong on that). It's not necessarily true to say the "Cliffy doesn't work". Maybe really old, first run versions don't work, but most of the Cliffys out there work fine.

#6512 2 years ago

I have that one from Pinball Center in Germany. Works great, easy install. Its 25 euro, bit pricey, I think I got that one cheaper.

#6513 2 years ago

Looking for permission to join the club please.

I got my Tron Pro Huo 2 1/2 weeks ago and have put quite some plays on it. Usually I reset the highscores when I get a new pin. On this one I didn´t and somehow on the 4th or 5th game I got to SoS first and then to portal, no idea how I did it. After that reset the hs, haven´t come close since Anyway, after reading this thread I think there is still a lot of work to do as far as modding is concerned

#6514 2 years ago
Quoted from zapp:

Looking for permission to join the club please.
I got my Tron Pro Huo 2 1/2 weeks ago

You have my endorsement to the club. Is the recognizer disk clear?

#6515 2 years ago

Thanks. Disk is still black, have bought a white one but haven´t put in on yet. I wonder what it will be like, with the black one on it already is quite a ride ...

#6516 2 years ago
Quoted from zapp:

Thanks. Disk is still black, have bought a white one but haven´t put in on yet. I wonder what it will be like, with the black one on it already is quite a ride ...

Good luck, prepare for glass cracking, balls getting wedged under slings, SDTM drains so fast you don't even see it, spotlight LED knocking out action

#6517 2 years ago

Sounds like fun, can´t wait

#6518 2 years ago
Quoted from zapp:

I wonder what it will be like

Make sure you have ramp protectors. I think only the LEs didn't have ramp protectors stocked, but I could be wrong. Go with the clear disk and never stop. Good choice in a pin. My Tron owns me.

#6519 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Either works. No need to take sides. I would have either. I do have the Cliffy though, with a cut out on the right for the soft plunge to roll into the scoop (I think that might have been the second design Cliffy went with, but could be wrong on that). It's not necessarily true to say the "Cliffy doesn't work". Maybe really old, first run versions don't work, but most of the Cliffys out there work fine.

I had the cutout also. The lip keeps getting bent and making the ball get stuck. In my case it didn't work. All of the other protectors have been great.

#6520 2 years ago
Quoted from T3mpest:

What about these:
http://www.passionforpinball.com/tron.htm
They protect above the hole and not just the inside.

That's a Cliffy.

#6521 2 years ago
Quoted from zapp:

Sounds like fun, can´t wait

It is, and welcome to the grid!!!!! (glass won't break, but everything else fair game.......)

#6522 2 years ago

tron-flipper-top-left (resized).jpg

#6523 2 years ago

Any chance of a TRON VE announcement at expo?

#6524 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Any chance of a TRON VE announcement at expo?

niet

#6525 2 years ago

Just out of interest: does anyone know where Centerflank has disappeared to ? I have read through this entire thread twice and have always enjoyed his posts and comments ...

#6526 2 years ago
Weet je het zeker?

#6527 2 years ago
Quoted from zapp:

Just out of interest: does anyone know where Centerflank has disappeared to ? I have read through this entire thread twice and have always enjoyed his posts and comments ...

working

#6528 2 years ago

Got a Flynn Sign Tron mod for sale

Archived after 20 days
Sold elsewhere
Other - For Sale
Stuff 4 Sale Archived
“I have a bunch of items for sale check out the list below. Most are NEW or like NEW condition. 1. Alienware Gaming mouse $30.00 (like new) 2. Custom Keisman juggy Boost Pedal $80....”
2016-10-05
Baltimore, MD

#6529 2 years ago

Pm sent for Flynn sign.

#6530 2 years ago

Led problem, flicking lights... I need your help

I have my TRON LE for several years
For some time, I have a problem with the lights inserts

do you have an idea to help me find the problem?

it's not always done, but when I play, after a while, it starts to bugger at the SHOOT AGAIN light and SPECIAL light

then it spreads to the entire plateau after

like that affect the entire table, I think it has a connection problem on the motherboard

is that it can result from a defective LED?

I made a post, you can answer on this one directment
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-led-problem-flicking-lights-i-need-your-help

thank you

#6533 2 years ago

Ok. Maybe this has been covered before, but I thought I'd share this with Tron nerds like myself.

I've found an interesting way to make the Gem shot that is fun, and I'm hitting it with a WAY higher percentage than trying to slam it off the orbit or Quorra loop.

I've been back flipping from the left flipper. A quick back flip (with a small bump out) will send the ball slowly up the left orbit. Usually comes to rest at the base or just past the base of the upper left flipper. It's just started to roll back down as you can slam the Gem shot with pretty great accuracy.

Maybe this is old news to you guys, but I thought I'd share.

It was something I looked at and though, "Hmmm... I wonder if that could be pulled off!?", and then I did it on my first try.

I do a similar bump out and backflip from the right flipper to the Away Team shot on my STle.

Happy Flipping

#6534 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Ok. Maybe this has been covered before, but I thought I'd share this with Tron nerds like myself.
I've found an interesting way to make the Gem shot that is fun, and I'm hitting it with a WAY higher percentage than trying to slam it off the orbit or Quorra loop.
I've been back flipping from the left flipper. A quick back flip (with a small bump out) will send the ball slowly up the left orbit. Usually comes to rest at the base or just past the base of the upper left flipper. It's just started to roll back down as you can slam the Gem shot with pretty great accuracy.
It was something I looked at and though, "Hmmm... I wonder if that could be pulled off!?", and then I did it on my first try.
I do a similar bump out and backflip from the right flipper to the Away Team shot on my STle.
Happy Flipping

Yup, all the best gem shots are off a slow moving ball. Time and time again I watch people play Tron and only shoot for gem when it's a deliberate set up, either through Quorra or the orbit. There are so many opportunities when the ball floats near the upper flipper during the general run of play.

#6535 2 years ago

Back in the Tron club....Have an extra Clu translite and a blue lighted shooter rod assembly. Translite 60 shipped. Make me an offer on shooter assembly and Ill throw both in the tube.

#6536 2 years ago

Meant to say I finally finished this game and have been enjoying it for a little while. Upgrades:

Full LED's now in GI.
Bigger better hallmark light cycles (not wired in, I'm not clever enough!)
Orange flourescent plastics round the game.
Nice premium shiny rubber black rubber kit.
A damn good clean.

Game already had a number of mods like the blue DMD, Tron arcade cab and pop caps.

The only big issue I had was the disc. I elected like many of you in this thread to go for a clear one, was far too vicious but I think this was my fault, when I put a new black one back in it lasted about 20 games before flying off - I took the disc plate off the motor and found layers of previous glue residue from other discs giving a really uneven surface and disc mount. I cleaned it all off, new black disc and it's behaved ever since. I could probably put a clear one back in but after all the trouble, and since it's not my machine a black one is staying for now.

Gameplay video, yes - I had Daft Punk lit and failed! Hence the shaking at the end. Also there is a video covering all the stuff I did to it on my channel but it's 40 minutes long, have a look if you want, it's the second video after the gameplay video.

#6537 2 years ago

Cool vid. yeah my clear one throws the ball out of control. Wish I could tone it down 25%

#6538 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

yeah my clear one throws the ball out of control. Wish I could tone it down 25%

I was suprised the game has no speed setting for the disc. Just on/off. Toning it down would be ideal.

#6539 2 years ago

tron-art-9 (resized).png

#6540 2 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

I was suprised the game has no speed setting for the disc. Just on/off. Toning it down would be ideal.

You can add high voltage resistors to the motor to slow it down. That's what I use and it has worked great!

#6541 2 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

I was suprised the game has no speed setting for the disc. Just on/off.

Hell yeah. Find me a way to speed that sucker up!

#6542 2 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

You can add high voltage resistors to the motor to slow it down. That's what I use and it has worked great!

Quoted from bjorg:

easy? any pics or details?

#6543 2 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

The disk will settle down with use. Just keep the playfield waxed and enjoy the cool behavior of the ball seemingly defying physics. One time the ball shot out of the disk and headed to the left in-lane. Half way down the in-lane it stopped and rolled back up and over to the right sling. The wax really lets it "float" across the playfield.

#6544 2 years ago

Anyone have a Girls of Tron trans for sale?

#6545 2 years ago

In case some Tron Pro owners are interested. Here is a one time chance to add the moving recognizer to your already heavily modded Pro

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-moving-recognizer-1

#6546 2 years ago

Hi. Does anyone have a topper for sale or knows how I can get one? Thanks.

#6547 2 years ago
Quoted from keys88:

Hi. Does anyone have a topper for sale or knows how I can get one? Thanks.

laseriffic.com?

#6548 2 years ago

I tried laseriffic, but I can't seem to contact anyone there. Are they still in operation and if so, do they still do custom work? I noticed the TRON toppers are missing from their website.

#6549 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Happy Flipping

Found that out by accident, and absolutely the best way to get it ( at least semi consistently). That little bump out off the left flipper seems to put the ball in the perfect spot.....

#6550 2 years ago

tron-art-2 (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 9251 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside