(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,243 posts
  • 464 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Bos98
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 394 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,234 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg
D8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg
961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg
69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg
B2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2387 (resized).jpeg
9FA77E18-CAA0-4EAA-A751-867C30FDA061 (resized).jpeg
20190810_102415 (resized).jpg
20190807_192459 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190805_160626[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_20190805_160432[1] (resized).jpg
2FB6440D-16E6-4D6D-87A5-63BBC222C073 (resized).jpeg
E7174D80-1D56-49B2-A4ED-8BE503946607 (resized).jpeg
E582F3F8-F368-48D6-8C2D-FA9B53F14B11 (resized).jpeg

There are 9243 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 185.
#6451 2 years ago

en respect para el Centerflank !

tron-toppers-1_(resized).jpg

#6452 2 years ago

Those are nice!

#6453 2 years ago

are those the medicom reocognizers??

i want.... i want

Quoted from labnip:

#6454 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

are those the medicom reocognizers??
i want.... i want

Looks 3d printed.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:25879

#6455 2 years ago
#6456 2 years ago

Put cointaker backboard led mod for LE and threw in the colored balls (blue and orange) and the game is sick. So quick and with blue balls you have to be sharp as hell to keep track. Nuts.

#6457 2 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

So quick and with blue balls . Nuts.

#6458 2 years ago

I am still in the honeymoon phase with Tron but the more I play it the more I find myself looking at my Spiderman and thinking that it might be time to move it on for another title.

#6459 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I am still in the honeymoon phase with Tron but the more I play it the more I find myself looking at my Spiderman and thinking that it might be time to move it on for another title.

yup

(fun game)

but, yup.

#6460 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

yup
(fun game)
but, yup.

Tough decision but we only have room for two pins.
I'm thinking Met Pro.

#6461 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I'm thinking Met Pro.

Met owners seem to really really really like that pin.
It doesn't seem to get a lot of after-market hype, maybe 'cause they're always playing it

#6462 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I'm thinking Met Pro.

I have those two next to each other and they make an excellent pair.

IMG_20160806_210943675 (resized).jpg

#6463 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I am still in the honeymoon phase with Tron

Me too! It's the best 4.5 year long honeymoon I've ever been on!

#6464 2 years ago

So I'm temporarily in for a year - I'm doing a swap with a friend who desperately wants to borrow my LOTR, so of course I asked him to borrow Tron. Looking forward to it

He said it's a bit dirty so I've offered to re-rubber and clean the game for him as part of the deal as he is bringing it over to me. I've not played a lot of Tron and when I do generally just tend to go straight for light cycle. Is there a better strategy for playing this game?

Also It's the LE, if that helps. I know there is a few difference between the pro and the LE but not sure if anything game changing in terms of play strategy.

#6465 2 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

So I'm temporarily in for a year - I'm doing a swap with a friend who desperately wants to borrow my LOTR, so of course I asked him to borrow Tron. Looking forward to it
He said it's a bit dirty so I've offered to re-rubber and clean the game for him as part of the deal as he is bringing it over to me. I've not played a lot of Tron and when I do generally just tend to go straight for light cycle. Is there a better strategy for playing this game?
Also It's the LE, if that helps. I know there is a few difference between the pro and the LE but not sure if anything game changing in terms of play strategy.

If it has the black disc installed the "dirty" is probably the rubber that comes off. I'd clean my playfield and 2 days later I'd have black trails in the orbit and the rubbers turning gray. You got the better deal in the swap. Be forewarned though, you may not want to give it back.

#6466 2 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

If it has the black disc installed the "dirty" is probably the rubber that comes off. I'd clean my playfield and 2 days later I'd have black trails in the orbit and the rubbers turning gray. You got the better deal in the swap. Be forewarned though, you may not want to give it back.

Thanks, I will see if it's a black disc but not being my game I don't think swapping it out is going to be within my remit. I would guess just keep it as clean as I can, it will not get heavy play in a home environment. I don't think I will have a choice about giving it back! Plus I love my LOTR, it's a very nice example, although the Tron is very nice as well. Has a blue dmd, arcade mod, invisiglass and a colour changing back board. I was kind of suprised he agreed to the swap actually!

#6467 2 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

Quoted from Archytas:

Thanks, I will see if it's a black disc but not being my game I don't think swapping it out is going to be within my remit. I would guess just keep it as clean as I can, it will not get heavy play in a home environment. I don't think I will have a choice about giving it back! Plus I love my LOTR, it's a very nice example, although the Tron is very nice as well. Has a blue dmd, arcade mod, invisiglass and a colour changing back board. I was kind of suprised he agreed to the swap actually!

Whoohoo! You kept that one quiet!

Looking forward to playing this game again in a home environment, I wonder if this is my old Tron LE that I owned a few years ago as well.

I'll try and provide some advice about gameplay, and maybe help a bit on changing the black disc over to a clear one.

#6468 2 years ago
Quoted from Outlane-Avoider:

Whoohoo! You kept that one quiet!
Looking forward to playing this game again in a home environment, I wonder if this is my old Tron LE that I owned a few years ago as well.
I'll try and provide some advice about gameplay, and maybe help a bit on changing the black disc over to a clear one.

Dammit I was going to tell you tonight, nothing is sacred! Although posting in a public forum we both frequent was probably the first mistake lol.

#6469 2 years ago

My first Tron!

IMG_1692 (resized).jpg

IMG_1693 (resized).jpg

#6470 2 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

They look great together!
It's looking more and more likely that I will replace Sm with Met.

#6471 2 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

If there is any pin that deserves a subwoofer this is it. Here's and easy way to add a powered subwoofer
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=38

Got it in the mail today and installed. I am blown away at how good the game sounds now for such a easy install.
Thanks again for the tip.

#6472 2 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

If you like quick games, easy to follow rules and a light show designed by God himself (or herself), then you will not be disappointed. The LE has a few extra call outs, TRON drop targets instead of regular (I prefer the latter), moving recogniser and 3bank target inserts, the native ramp fibres (vs. Eli's aftermarket version - again, I actually prefer the latter!) and the Daft Pink multiball. I don't think it merits any different playing strategy to the Pro, except I often bank off the static TRON targets to hit GEM - not sure it's as easy on the LE. I have both TRON Pro and LOTR, and currently TRON is my personal favourite by some margin. All depends what you like!

#6473 2 years ago

One area where the Pro actually plays better than the LE--half my Gem shots bank off the stand-up targets.

#6474 2 years ago

I just made Portal for only my second time since buying the game in 2012. I know it's not a great score compared to some of you guys, but I'm fired up!!!

20160827_075716 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#6476 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I just made Portal for only my second time since buying the game in 2012. I know it's not a great score compared to some of you guys, but I'm fired up!!!

Great score to me, and congrats !!!....I'm finally over the 100million mark ( live in the 80's to 90's mostly), but 150 is my next milestone...love this game!!!!

#6477 2 years ago

TRON077a (resized).jpg

#6478 2 years ago

LE#139 Checking in, borrowing this from a friend on the condition I clean it, re rubber it and install a clear disc for him, as well as a couple of other goodies I'm hoping to get round to like the Hallmark light cycles and a florescent plastic protector set.

C6bpySU (resized).jpg

#6479 2 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

LE#139 Checking in, borrowing this from a friend on the condition I clean it, re rubber it and install a clear disc for him, as well as a couple of other goodies I'm hoping to get round to like the Hallmark light cycles and a florescent plastic protector set.

wow, and in England.
very cool.

#6480 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

wow, and in England.
very cool.

Agreed.....a good friend move both ways, for sure...welcome to the grid!!!

#6481 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

That's some crazy high score man, what's your strategy for getting there? This is coming from a guy that JUST BARELY beat the default grand master score, keep in mind

#6482 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

wow, and in England.
very cool.

As far as I know there are 11 Tron:Le's in the whole country, so a rare breed here!

#6483 2 years ago

Looking forward to playing this once the clear disc rubber is installed.

#6484 2 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

That's some crazy high score man, what's your strategy for getting there? This is coming from a guy that JUST BARELY beat the default grand master score, keep in mind

I'm probably not the right person to ask for strategy. I play for advancement in the game, and I do not focus on score. Basically, I just try to start all the modes and do the best in them that I can. One thing, though, is that I always try to complete light cycle multiball if it's running. It's way harder to complete during SOS than during multiball.

#6485 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

...I always try to complete light cycle multiball if it's running. It's way harder to complete during SOS than during multiball.

I seriously hate Light Cycle Multiball sometimes. So simple, but so difficult to achieve a completion most of the time.

#6486 2 years ago

I was thinking the same thing. I have to marry mine as well.

Quoted from Hougie:

#6487 2 years ago

syd mead sketches ... nice!

#6488 2 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I seriously hate Light Cycle Multiball sometimes. So simple, but so difficult to achieve a completion most of the time.

I fully subscribe to the idea that LCMB is harder than Gem.

#6489 2 years ago

Yes absolutely

#6490 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I fully subscribe to the idea that LCMB is harder than Gem.

Yeah, but Gem's music is so cool. Love me the Gem.

#6491 2 years ago

Whoa! I didn't even know there were TRON cocktail cabs! Never seen one before!

$1295 (at Hemispheres Amusements) is way too much for me, but I'll certainly raise a cocktail of my own in its honor.

Tron Cocktail (resized).jpg

Tron cocktail 2 (resized).jpg

#6492 2 years ago

Everyone tells me I need a new kitchen table. That looks perfect.

#6493 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

$1295 (at Hemispheres Amusements) is way too much for me, but I'll certainly raise a cocktail of my own in its honor.

Wow that thing looks great! I wish I had room!!! Good thing I have the full size up right.... But that cocktail! If I had it, I'd have all 3 Tron machines, freaking space limitations

#6494 2 years ago

Can I ask a query for anyone who has these caps installed?

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p5/Tron_Pop_Bumper_Kit.html

Despite having these crazy bright lamps in them, the blue looks really really dull compared to the yellow and orange caps, so much so that when I got the game I actually took the cap off to inspect the LED thinking it was broken. I'm guessing this is a side effect of it being blue and there is nothing that can be done to rectify it?

#6495 2 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

Can I ask a query for anyone who has these caps installed?
http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p5/Tron_Pop_Bumper_Kit.html
Despite having these crazy bright lamps in them, the blue looks really really dull compared to the yellow and orange caps, so much so that when I got the game I actually took the cap off to inspect the LED thinking it was broken. I'm guessing this is a side effect of it being blue and there is nothing that can be done to rectify it?

My blue is relatively dull too.

#6496 2 years ago

I have had three upright tron (one newly acquired) a cabaret and a cocktail like the one pictured. Now I am lucky enough to own the pin. Nothing beats the beautiful artwork on the upright full sized Tron.....

Quoted from c508:

#6497 2 years ago

anyone heard from leftofcenterflank?

#6498 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

I love that Tron cocktail. That stick has a fire-trigger on it - quite cool to jam it on there so you can shoot and spin the spinner.

If I had the cash and the room (and the skills), I'd buy it and install some blue LEDs under the table part to illuminate it. THEN, I would install a sub since the sounds of TRON the video game are epic!

#6499 2 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

anyone heard from leftofcenterflank?

Her yeast infection hasn't quite healed. Get back in here ya pussy.

1 week later
#6500 2 years ago

I've got three Flynn's signs and some FTS-8's left. PM me if you're interested.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
There are 9243 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 185.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside