tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 233.
#601 10 years ago

would it be easier (not cheaper though) to make/buy a metal or aluminium trim to fit the edge (like the chrome trim on SM et el) then have your powder coater do the same as the other PC'd parts, just an idea.

#602 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

would it be easier (not cheaper though) to make/buy a metal or aluminium trim to fit the edge (like the chrome trim on SM et el) then have your powder coater do the same as the other PC'd parts, just an idea.

Hmm, that's not a bad suggestion, I'm not sure where I would find metal trim like that though. The chrome trim on SM and other Sterns is still plastic.

#603 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Hmm, that's not a bad suggestion, I'm not sure where I would find metal trim like that though. The chrome trim on SM and other Sterns is still plastic.

Haha, shows how close I have been to a new/nearly new Stern PIN in the last 15 years eh didn't actually know the chrome was plastic

Your PIN is outstanding as is so doesn't really need anything else but now I've suggested it you are going to wonder about it from now on eh soz dude. I thought about kitchen cabinet/furniture trim or large picture frames if it can be found or just cutting something to size with mitred corners is probably the easiest thing to do.

Was thinking about doing this to my Fish Tales (a shade of green of course) after seeing pictures of the all the PC'ed Pins and the Sterns with the plastic chrome. Waiting to see if I can get a new CPR PF first as no point having bling with a munted PF.

Good luck with the search if you decide to have a go, look forward to the pics.

#604 10 years ago

Tron is back in business finally, that was a long 3 weeks! I'm really liking the Encom decals on the legs, thanks for the idea centerflank

Outstanding Keebler

An official Tron party should be in order

TronCC.jpgTronCC.jpg

#605 10 years ago

hahaa...... the tron party was for his 3rd b-day party so "no" on the quorra deal. hehe... we did have a pinata, cake, and all you could drink juice boxes

you know..... my big 40th is coming up next month. you got me thinkin about the whole quorra dancey deal! maybe time to hit the local club!

Quoted from centerflank:

You didnt hire him a stripper in a Quorra outfit? Pffft....gotta go the extra mile!

#606 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

you know..... my big 40th is coming up next month. you got me thinkin about the whole quorra dancey deal! maybe time to hit the local club!

Well thats a huge deal! Im sure the wife would be fine with you having a private Quorra showing at your house for just the 3 of you if you catch my drift?

#607 10 years ago

ohh boy.... she would love it... not!

Quoted from centerflank:

Well thats a huge deal! Im sure the wife would be fine with you having a private Quorra showing at your house for just the 3 of you if you catch my drift?

#608 10 years ago

A couple nights ago I finally managed to solidly light all the modes proior to SoS. When I shot the scoop, my score instantly went from something like 80 million to 180 million. Talk about a bonus!

#609 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

A couple nights ago I finally managed to solidly light all the modes proior to SoS. When I shot the scoop, my score instantly went from something like 80 million to 180 million. Talk about a bonus!

If you can light up double scoring before you start SOS you are in business!

#610 10 years ago

That seems sort of exploity to me. I wonder if that will be changed in the next update.

Post edited by Erik : Yes exploity is a word, look it up. Keep looking, it's somewhere.

#611 10 years ago

#612 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

If you can light up double scoring before you start SOS you are in business!

I didn't even realize that double scoring was running, but obviously it was. I did it again tonight, but this time I only got a 50 million bonus. The crazy thing is that I almost did it TWICE tonight. The second time, everything was lit solid except for the disc. All I needed was a couple more shots to start disc multiball. Unfortunately, the disk shot out one of those crazy curve balls that went right down the left drain. If I had started disc multiball but failed to get a super jackpot, would there have been a second SoS? This is uncharted territory for me.

#613 10 years ago

showin` the luv...
i'm going to mod these, by building a tron pin around them.

A place to store your important files while working on it

TRONUSB.jpgTRONUSB.jpg

#614 10 years ago

#615 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

That seems sort of exploity to me. I wonder if that will be changed in the next update.
Post edited by Erik : Yes exploity is a word, look it up. Keep looking, it's somewhere.

There is going to be a code update? How can this game get any better???

#616 10 years ago

It has been said a few times that Lyman would continue to work on it and release updates until it reached 2.0. I don't know if that's true (or even necessary) but I've read it enough times that I have to think there's something to it

#617 10 years ago

I think I've posted about this once or twice, but for those that haven't seen it:

I've talked with John Borg through pm several times on Facebook about a few of his games. When I asked him about the Stern facebook post, he told me there would be another update but with no rule changes. He also said he was hopeful for a video mode, because it screams video mode. When? he is not sure, because he said they have a lot on their plate. He's told me some other true grits before, and they either made sense or happened.

#618 10 years ago

oh, and finally my TRON arrives tomorrow. I'm excited. I have a new overlay/skin waiting for the apron. Pounced on it because it just looks so much better than the stock, plus $40 with free shipping felt right. Got some colored cliffy things, and ...well, I guess I'll play the crap out of it again lol. I'll post some pictures tomorrow!

#619 10 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I think I've posted about this once or twice, but for those that haven't seen it:
I've talked with John Borg through pm several times on Facebook about a few of his games. When I asked him about the Stern facebook post, he told me there would be another update but with no rule changes. He also said he was hopeful for a video mode, because it screams video mode. When? he is not sure, because he said they have a lot on their plate. He's told me some other true grits before, and they either made sense or happened.

Finally, I was hoping they would bring video mode back!!! I miss it in the newer games.

#620 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I was hoping they would bring video mode back!!!

Hopefully it will be a Quorra stripping off her clothes vid mode

#621 10 years ago

nice tokens man.... and don't forget about these

showin` the luv...
i'm going to mod these, by building a tron pin around them.

ELCTRONICA1.jpgELCTRONICA1.jpg ELECTRONICA2.jpgELECTRONICA2.jpg

#622 10 years ago

sigh...l've never had one game take so long to arrive. Got a call from NAVL this morning to reschedule for tomorrow (they broke down)

l think l made the deal for this game a month ago lol. Tron is worth the wait.

#623 10 years ago

Tron arrives. Man, I'm all over this...

tron.jpgtron.jpg

#624 10 years ago

That's right man, I got in.

Went straight to Portal on the third game. Just like old times!

tron_1.jpgtron_1.jpg tron_2.jpgtron_2.jpg tron_3.jpgtron_3.jpg tron_4.jpgtron_4.jpg tron_5.jpgtron_5.jpg

#625 10 years ago

Nice. I've yet to get to the portal. I generally crumble once I'm in the SOS. Getting good at Gem but not great at getting the right orbit when I need it.

#626 10 years ago

If I was on old code, it would not have happened straight to-
I was able to make good on my restart of disk multiball to get the super.

I then trapped one ball on the left (I was on my 3rd ball, and I didn't want to see the old 2 ball out the drains at the same time ziparoo trick that can happen) I fiddled around with the right flipper with one ball for a bit, then I let it drain. From left flipper, boom- Straight to Portal

#627 10 years ago

Where's that apron from?
Looks smokin !

#628 10 years ago

Hopefully it will be a Quorra stripping off her clothes vid mode

or this

olivia-wilde-jiggle.gifolivia-wilde-jiggle.gif

#629 10 years ago

The apron is a few pages back in this thread- Someone else showed a pic of their apron with that decal with a link to buy. $40 with free shipping. I think it's a solid improvement over the stock

Other than that, no leds, 333 total plays (November 2012 run) Cliffy inlane/drop protectors at ramp exits, cliffy scoop protector. Arcade mod. That's pretty much it for now. I'd like to do some encom decals of some sort. I'll probably make my own topper.

#630 10 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

The apron is a few pages back in this thread- Someone else showed a pic of their apron with that decal with a link to buy. $40 with free shipping. I think it's a solid improvement over the stock
Other than that, no leds, 333 total plays (November 2012 run) Cliffy inlane/drop protectors at ramp exits, cliffy scoop protector. Arcade mod. That's pretty much it for now. I'd like to do some encom decals of some sort. I'll probably make my own topper.

The only problem I see with that apron is the ball rubbing against it over time will wear it away at the bottom where the ball slides against it and it will look real bad at that point. Does it have some kind of a special coating to prevent it from ball wear?

#631 10 years ago

That is a valid point. I'm thinking to prevent this, a strip of mylar that is the balls height would do the trick

#632 10 years ago

Ah, how stupid am I. I didn't even think about that
That's a good solution!

#633 10 years ago

Ah, how stupid am I.

Start a poll!

#634 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I got my modified yellow plastic today, it matches perfectly.

Where can you buy these? or are they custom only

#635 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Where can you buy these? or are they custom only

http://www.gamestencils.com/index.php?crn=2&rn=599&action=show_detail

Make sure you select "Match Pinbits Colors".

#636 10 years ago

I don't think I'll like the results.

#637 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I got my modified yellow plastic today, it matches perfectly.

Thanks for the link. Do they block the Clu inserts @ all?

#638 10 years ago

A little bit, but you can still see them, it doesn't bother me at all.

Edit: I can take a picture real quick.

#639 10 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

I'm A huge Tron fan..
Got an LE +
Check out my EDOT restoration..
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=245994&page=6

Discs of Tron thats awesome number one favorite game as a kid. was always hoping to be transported into the game lol. just ate my quarters though

#640 10 years ago

This is taken from about the same perspective I have when I'm playing. It actually looks a little more blocked in the picture than in real life though, maybe because it's fixed in one position.

tron-clu-inserts.jpgtron-clu-inserts.jpg

#641 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

This is taken from about the same perspective I have when I'm playing. It actually looks a little more blocked in the picture than in real life though, maybe because it's fixed in one position.

You need to make your third upper flipper orange as well. And a blue ZEN plastic.

#642 10 years ago

Cool thanks these look pretty good! thanks for the photo

#643 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Cool thanks these look pretty good! thanks for the photo

No problem

You need to make your third upper flipper orange as well. And a blue ZEN plastic.

The upper flipper has a Sam Flynn graphic right next to it with a blue strip going to the right ramp, it definitely needs to be blue IMO I might agree with you as far as the ZEN plastic goes, but I need to try it first and Pinbits hasn't followed up on that yet.

Edit: One thing I do think I need is some flush mounted spotlights on the apron, the flipper area is a little dark.

#644 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

No problem

The upper flipper has a Sam Flynn graphic right next to it with a blue strip going to the right ramp, it definitely needs to be blue IMO I might agree with you as far as the ZEN plastic goes, but I need to try it first and Pinbits hasn't followed up on that yet.
Edit: One thing I do think I need is some flush mounted spotlights on the apron, the flipper area is a little dark.

I would get a LED light strip (blue) and put it in ball return (where the balls drain). It would look WAY better IMO. You can get one here: http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/flipper-illumination-no-solder-led-light-strip-williams-wpcwpc95-games

That one is for a Williams but they have them for new Sterns as well but haven't updated their website yet. Just email them and ask, James and Mark are good people. It lights up the whole area real nice!

#645 10 years ago

Perfect place for Flynn's light cycle.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#646 10 years ago

I would get a LED light strip (blue) and put it in ball return (where the balls drain). It would look WAY better IMO. You can get one here: http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/flipper-illumination-no-solder-led-light-strip-williams-wpcwpc95-games
That one is for a Williams but they have them for new Sterns as well but haven't updated their website yet. Just email them and ask, James and Mark are good people. It lights up the whole area real nice!

That's not a bad idea, I will look into that

#647 10 years ago

Perfect place for Flynn's light cycle.

I put the extra car there.

IMG_0605.JPGIMG_0605.JPG

#648 10 years ago

Sorry Keebler I'm going to steal your Idea now. I just ordered the front lightstrip and the awesome coloured spotlight bulbs that go with it from pinballbulbs.com. Man it is going to look awesome! I have the front lightstrip in my STTNG and soon my BDK now my Tron, they look wicked.

#649 10 years ago

Sorry Keebler I'm going to steal your Idea now. I just ordered the front lightstrip and the awesome coloured spotlight bulbs that go with it from pinballbulbs.com. Man it is going to look awesome! I have the front lightstrip in my STTNG and soon my BDK now my Tron, they look wicked.

Hehe, ok, your machine can be the guinea pig Be sure to post pics when it's done!

#650 10 years ago

not sure if Tron is as good as everyone says it is.......I'm going to give it a massive go over the next few days to see if I can find some love for this machine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

There are 11,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.