tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,644 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 233.
#6401 7 years ago

I'm getting ready to take another shot at the clear disk, but I'd like it to be reversible. I've seen the plastic part at Pinball Life, but is there somewhere I can get the metal bracket that mounts the disk to the motor shaft? Also, has anyone been successful at removing the set screw that holds it on there? When I tried, it wasn't moving, and I was worried about stripping the head of the set screw.

#6402 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'm getting ready to take another shot at the clear disk, but I'd like it to be reversible. I've seen the plastic part at Pinball Life, but is there somewhere I can get the metal bracket that mounts the disk to the motor shaft? Also, has anyone been successful at removing the set screw that holds it on there? When I tried, it wasn't moving, and I was worried about stripping the head of the set screw.

I just put it in and it's wild. I've got balls that shoot out, hitting a post and popping up into the glass, or popping completely into or over the ramps. Fun stuff. Kinda. I'll be happy when it settles down a bit.

You can get the hub at Marco:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-6925-00

I did a new clear disc from PBL so if I hate it I can just reglue my center blue rubber back on the original disc. I would just replace the disc and rubber...don't mess with that set screw.

#6403 7 years ago

Thanks for the link.

I've actually already had the clear disk in mine once, wussed out, and replaced it with black. I'd like to try again, maybe even make a speed controller for it, but I'd like to be able to easily switch back. Since you have to remove the rubber to get to the screws for the disc, I'm thinking that the only good option is to get the set screw to move. That, or replace the whole assembly, including the motor.

#6404 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Thanks for the link.
I've actually already had the clear disk in mine once, wussed out, and replaced it with black. I'd like to try again, maybe even make a speed controller for it, but I'd like to be able to easily switch back. Since you have to remove the rubber to get to the screws for the disc, I'm thinking that the only good option is to get the set screw to move. That, or replace the whole assembly, including the motor.

Don't go nuts, man. I thought about all that, too, then when I saw the price on the hub I was like, "Screw it, I'll make it work." If you don't like it, you always have your old disc to go back to. Just clean it out and add a little extra adhesive on the pad. Good luck!

#6405 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't go nuts, man.

Already there. That's how I work.

I've cleaned it out once, and I cussed the whole time. The price on the hub does make me think twice, though.

#6406 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

That screw is TIGHT!!! ended up soaking mine in WD40 overnight (upright, and tapping w wrench a few times to get the stuff in there), and it was still tight. Came out though....

My motor getting a bit noisy....will probably just change the whole assembly out, cheap compared to the time it takes to disassemble/ reassemble everything, IMHO

Truth about clear disc - I've had it on mine for almost 2 years now, haven't broken anything, but does scare the shit out of me every now and then. After it's been on a bit, not quite so grabby (or scary). I really think you will love it once the initial panic wears off.....it is truly an amazing thing to watch the ball defy physics on occasion......and no marks on the playfield......

#6407 7 years ago

A fitting post ONLY in a TRON thread.....Flank would approve

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6408 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

nom nom nom...

olivia_wilde_-_cup.gifolivia_wilde_-_cup.gif

#6409 7 years ago

Smoothest bourbon I've had in some time....

#6410 7 years ago

My Tron was supposed to be delivered this week but a problem with the transport company when the truck broke down at the depot means I will be waiting another week.
Serenity Now!!

serenitynow_(resized).jpgserenitynow_(resized).jpg

#6411 7 years ago

You want flanker back in this thread? Just say "tron sucks" three times in the mirror with your balls on the lockdown bar

#6412 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Smoothest bourbon I've had in some time....

Especially good for the price. I usually end up with Blanton's, but I'm not sure I could even tell a difference after the first drink.

#6413 7 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

My Tron was supposed to be delivered this week but a problem with the transport company when the truck broke down at the depot means I will be waiting another week.
Serenity Now!!

serenity now !

#6414 7 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

You want flanker back in this thread? Just say "tron sucks" three times in the mirror with your balls on the lockdown bar

skcus nort skcus nort skcus nort
tron-tbag-1_(resized).jpgtron-tbag-1_(resized).jpg

#6415 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Especially good for the price. I usually end up with Blanton's, but I'm not sure I could even tell a difference after the first drink.

Completely agree!!!

#6416 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

serenity now !

You're asking a lot.....kind of makes me mad, and not even my machine!!!

#6417 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Blantons is getting hard to find now. But yeah Buffalo Trace is becoming my new favorite distillery

#6418 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Quoted from Goronic:

Blantons is getting hard to find now. But yeah Buffalo Trace is becoming my new favorite distillery

Buffalo Trace is my favorite at that price. For a couple bucks more check out Evan Williams Single Barrel. It is my new favorite bourbon. Similar flavor profile between the two but the Evan Williams is a bit sweeter and more smooth. You can't beat either, really.

Evan_Williams_Single_Barrel_Vintage_2003_(resized).jpgEvan_Williams_Single_Barrel_Vintage_2003_(resized).jpg

#6419 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Buffalo Trace is my favorite at that price. For a couple bucks more check out Evan Williams Single Barrel. It is my new favorite bourbon. Similar flavor profile between the two but the Evan Williams is a bit sweeter and more smooth. You can't beat either, really.

Always looking for choices.....thanks!!!!

#6420 7 years ago

TRN_DUB.jpgTRN_DUB.jpg

Okay, so I'm finally done with my dubstep remix for Tron. I based it on nosro's file but replaced almost all the songs except a couple minor clips. I would like to thank nosro for the help he gave me and also Chosen_S for donating money so I could buy a licens for pinball browser.
I have included a couple of small easter eggs I hope you all will appreciate

trn_pro.jpgtrn_pro.jpg
PRO -> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Zjegs8UFKRZWd0MXJNNkRnX00

TRN_le.jpgTRN_le.jpg
LE -> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Zjegs8UFKRS2ZjZDdCckNBb2s

#6422 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Okay, so I'm finally done with my dubstep remix for Tron.

You should post this in a separate thread so that it gets the attention that it deserves. Your post here will quickly get buried in Bourbon.

#6423 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

You should post this in a separate thread so that it gets the attention that it deserves. Your post here will quickly get buried in Bourbon.

Haha, you're right. I will do that

#6424 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Ummm.......Bourbon actually enhances all mods relevant to TRON...(very cool and awesome work, btw...)....

#6425 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

PDI installed

love the orange underglow too......I slow pulse mine from blue to orange....very nice....PDI rules (I'll be happy when back in stock again...)

#6426 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

And it would be cool to post a video so we can get a taste of the remix.

#6427 7 years ago

I'll might make a video after I'm done with a different mod.

#6429 7 years ago

That apron looks amazing. It was from Pinball Decals correct?

Quoted from ATLpb:

PDI installed

#6430 7 years ago

Oh I'm on vacation but the video looks real good, have to download this next week when i get home.
How did you connect those led wires to the ramp wires? could that be done with an LE?

#6431 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Oh I'm on vacation but the video looks real good, have to download this next week when i get home.
How did you connect those led wires to the ramp wires? could that be done with an LE?

I'm glad you like it!
All of the GI and those ledstrips are all interactive thanks to the Pinduino, I'll make a separate video for that next week.

#6432 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Oh,and yes it can be done to a LE also.

#6433 7 years ago

saw this pop up in the news today. They just opened a disney in shanghai, and this is the Tron cycle ride:

#6434 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

saw this pop up in the news today. They just opened a disney in shanghai, and this is the Tron cycle ride:
» YouTube video

Bro ... This is the 10th post about this in this thread, I think we need about 10 more to make it legit... Keep it rolling

#6435 7 years ago

Good news, Tron arrived today!

DSC04224_(resized).JPGDSC04224_(resized).JPG

DSC04218_(resized).JPGDSC04218_(resized).JPG

DSC04223_(resized).JPGDSC04223_(resized).JPG

#6436 7 years ago

That is good news!

Get the illuminated ramp kit (priority) & a colorDMD fitted and your day will go from good to great.

#6437 7 years ago

My Tron started acting up a bit. Specifically, when a ball is in play and I hit the right flipper button, it frequently causes the bumpers to react although the ball is nowhere near them. Any suggestions what I should look for?

#6438 7 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

My Tron started acting up a bit. Specifically, when a ball is in play and I hit the right flipper button, it frequently causes the bumpers to react although the ball is nowhere near them. Any suggestions what I should look for?

Look at the gaps on the switches under the bumpers. They need to be close, but not too close. If too close, vibration can cause them to misfire.

#6439 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

That is good news!
Get the illuminated ramp kit (priority) & a colorDMD fitted and your day will go from good to great.

Ramp kit, plastic protectors, chrome pop bumper kit and pinnovators sub kit are on the way, still undecided on the color dmd.
On the list for the next run of the arcade mod as well.

#6440 7 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Ramp kit, plastic protectors, chrome pop bumper kit and pinnovators sub kit are on the way, still undecided on the color dmd.
On the list for the next run of the arcade mod as well.

get it all

#6441 7 years ago

this ride is very kewl... it did open back in June .. kinda old news now but still awesome

Quoted from toyotaboy:

» YouTube video

#6442 7 years ago

My Tron with incandescent inserts was looking weak next to Ghostbusters so I finally got it fully decked out with LEDs and an LED OCD board. Now GB looks weak. End of line.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6443 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

My Tron with incandescent inserts was looking weak next to Ghostbusters so I finally got it fully decked out with LEDs and an LED OCD board. Now GB looks weak. End of line.

Looks great!!! And yes, end of line, end of story, end of debate....however you say it....TRON will be the badass on the block for sometime to come.....

#6444 7 years ago

Love my Tron with the pinduino installed even more.

#6445 7 years ago

Can't stop playing, this game is crazy addictive.
Got to Portal today, what a rush! I was shaking for about 5 mins after the game had ended.
Insane!

#6446 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Love my Tron with the pinduino installed even more.
» YouTube video

well heck, that's darned cool. where's a fellow getta holda wanna those thingies ?

#6447 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

well heck, that's darned cool. where's a fellow getta holda wanna those thingies ?

You can get it here
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ProfessorPinball

#6448 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I don't know. But I do know where you can getta holda my thingie.

#6449 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't know. But I do know where you can getta holda my thingie.

tease

#6450 7 years ago

For those just tuning in, Tron now has three music remixes to choose from. Bask in the awesomeness that we now need a directory of Tron music remixes:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-there-are-now-3-music-remixes-poll

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
There are 11,644 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/129 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.