(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,259 posts
  • 467 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by monkeyboypaul
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 394 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,243 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg
6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg
16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg
6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg
F91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpeg
391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg
D8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg
961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg
69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg
B2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg

There are 9259 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 186.
#6351 3 years ago

Suspect time to give it a rest for a bit.......must keep his threads alive, however......I shall continue to brag about the best thread and machine on Pinside......

#6352 3 years ago

Oh, and enjoy adult beverages per club rules....

#6353 3 years ago

Still a case of

image_(resized).jpg

#6354 3 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Here's a little tip on how to lower the noise of your disc motor significantly.
Most of the noise you hear from your motor is amplified trough the playfield and your cabinet.
I first started with putting some rubber washers by the screw holes where to motor comes in contact with the playfield.

Then I was all smug and thought to myself "problem solved".
Wrong, it was still pretty noisy.
I then thought, maybe it's a alignment issue, and made sure the disc was absolutely centered but that didn't help either.
I started experimenting a little to get equal pressure from the screws holding motor to the playfield. Didn't much help either, just a little.
Something that did help ALOT was loosening the screws so much it has as little contact to the playfield as possible but still attached without falling out. Now I can hardly notice the noise from the motor with the glass on and the sound low.

If anyone tries out my fix please report your result here.

#6355 3 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

If anyone tries out my fix please report your result here.

Maybe it's just me, but I like the noise. In fact, I wonder if it is possible to make it louder and make the whole house shake.

#6356 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Maybe it's just me, but I like the noise. In fact, I wonder if it is possible to make it louder and make the whole house shake.

It must be you.
Get a shaker instead.

#6357 3 years ago

Finally cleaned the pinballs in Tron for the first time after this wax job. Did not realize they would pick up so much of the extra wax! Dirtiest balls ever! OK I obviously used way too much wax too. But man it plays fast

#6358 3 years ago

We miss you Flank. Where are you as the Tron club jut isn't the same.

This doesn't sound gay right.

#6359 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

We miss you Flank. Where are you as the Tron club jut isn't the same.
This doesn't sound gay right.

Just a little gay lol

#6360 3 years ago

20160729_175432_(resized).jpg

I'm not sure what happened. The last time I checked my score, it was 41 million and I had managed to complete all modes on the first try except Zuse and Disc Multiball, which I had not started yet. I then completed Zuse and Disc on the first try, thereby going straight to Portal. I only played for approximately 30-45 seconds on Portal before draining to one ball, after which I played totally lame, but then suddenly found my score to be shy of 200 million. So somehow Zuse, Disc, possible a Tron timer, and my brief time in Portal netted more than 150 million.

Standard settings except that replay was set to extra ball, and I earned the extra ball through sufficient ramp shots, resulting in 5 balls played in total.

What a rush.

#6361 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I'm not sure what happened. The last time I checked my score, it was 41 million and I had managed to complete all modes on the first try except Zuse and Disc Multiball, which I had not started yet. I then completed Zuse and Disc on the first try, thereby going straight to Portal. I only played for approximately 30-45 seconds on Portal before draining to one ball, after which I played totally lame, but then suddenly found my score to be shy of 200 million. So somehow Zuse, Disc, possible a Tron timer, and my brief time in Portal netted more than 150 million.
Standard settings except that replay was set to extra ball, and I earned the extra ball through sufficient ramp shots, resulting in 5 balls played in total.
What a rush.

50 million if you go straight to portal before SOS. 100 million if you have double scoring running when you hit the scoop for portal...not sure what you did TBH...but here's the score to beat!

Also if you are dialed in on the GEM shot, the end of ball bonus can get pretty ludicrous

TRON_(resized).jpg

#6362 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

50 million if you go straight to portal before SOS. 100 million if you have double scoring running when you hit the scoop for portal...not sure what you did TBH...but here's the score to beat!
Also if you are dialed in on the GEM shot, the end of ball bonus can get pretty ludicrous

Great score!!! Shit....I just don't know how people do this......your score will be safe from ever being seen on my machine...for life, I'm afraid....

#6363 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The humanity.....Flank....this bottle is EMPTY!!!...I need your guidance on switching to Scotch after this atrocity!!! ( there were only 4 shots left...seems reasonable)......Troniacs are in need of wisdom....f$&k the rest....thaw!!!

way behind on Tronsiders posts, but these purple backlit speakers with blue lightcycles are incredible!! What a perfect Tron, MK6!

#6364 3 years ago

Couple of random Tron thoughts:

First time I saw Legacy, I hated it. Remembered loving the first film so much more. Got the disc set with the 3D disc so I could rewatch both movies. Hated the first one, loved the new one (and all the callouts that are in the game...one of the best them integrations in any game, IMO).

Had the disc opto problem that seems to be rampant. Just slightly bent the pins on the board and reseated the connectors and now it works fine. How often does this happen to the rest of you, and did that fix work for most of you?

Hey, Labnip...when's Flank coming back? I PM'ed him to give him a happy nudge. Didn't work.

#6365 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

way behind on Tronsiders posts, but these purple backlit speakers with blue lightcycles are incredible!! What a perfect Tron, MK6!

Thanks Erik.....she turned out well ( lethal and beautiful)!!!.....Mark

#6366 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

50 million if you go straight to portal before SOS. 100 million if you have double scoring running when you hit the scoop for portal

Thanks. That makes sense. I'll probably never do it again.

My next game was 6 million. Argh.

#6367 3 years ago

You will all be happy to know that despite finally selling off collection because all the girls in my life want a shore house the pinball that will remain is Tron LE. If you are local and interested in anything on my collection page let me know. Acdc and bsd are gone/pending. I also have a ton of arcade games, foos ball, air hockey, bubbler juke, a puck bowler, super chexx, ......

#6368 3 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

You will all be happy to know that despite finally selling off collection because all the girls in my life want a shore house the pinball that will remain is Tron LE. If you are local and interested in anything on my collection page let me know. Acdc and bsd are gone/pending. I also have a ton of arcade games, foos ball, air hockey, bubbler juke, a puck bowler, super chexx, ......

How much for the Tron LE?

#6369 3 years ago

$1,000,000

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#6370 3 years ago

^^ i think that means, $2,000,000

#6371 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Thanks. That makes sense. I'll probably never do it again.
My next game was 6 million. Argh.

Dammm 6 mil... how'd you do it?

#6372 3 years ago

Has anyone talked to Lyman about call outs for supper spinner, super pops, double scoring?
image_(resized).jpeg

#6373 3 years ago

I emailed tech support once, but no reply. I felt it was a legitimate question worthy of at least a response...

(This is the missing callouts on the Pro, correct?)

#6374 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

(This is the missing callouts on the Pro, correct?)

Correct.

#6376 3 years ago

I recall that thread. I'd like for Stern to update it with those callouts, and I'd LOVE for an update to show me how many disc shots are left. Waiting the 3 seconds after making a shot to say how many are left is nuts... But I'm also realistic. The Tron code and the entire game are amazing. If it never updated, I'm not going to complain to Stern. I'm sure Lyman already knows about it, and if he ever graced us with an update, I'd be jumping up and down happy (the first time I heard the calls on an LE I was surprised). But that is just writing on top of yummy frosting on top of a great cupcake. Tron rocks just as it sits.

#6377 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I recall that thread. I'd like for Stern to update it with those callouts, and I'd LOVE for an update to show me how many disc shots are left. Waiting the 3 seconds after making a shot to say how many are left is nuts... But I'm also realistic. The Tron code and the entire game are amazing. If it never updated, I'm not going to complain to Stern. I'm sure Lyman already knows about it, and if he ever graced us with an update, I'd be jumping up and down happy (the first time I heard the calls on an LE I was surprised). But that is just writing on top of yummy frosting on top of a great cupcake. Tron rocks just as it sits.

Agreed with all.

For some not a big deal but some like me will keep games forever or decade(s) so a few even minor updates are well appreciated.

#6379 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Has anyone talked to Lyman about call outs for supper spinner, super pops, double scoring?

There's also a different sound when you get the last quorra shot on the LE before it lights quorra multiball.

#6380 3 years ago

I took it upon myself to make a dubstep version of the Tron sound track.
I have almost all the sound loops ready but I am not able to import them using pinball browser because I don't have a licensed version of program and since this is the only title I'm planning to replace the sound track I'm not willing to pay for a licence. :-/

Is there anyone here who have a licensed of copy pinball browser who can import the files for me?

The bin file will later be shared to all.

#6381 3 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

I took it upon myself to make a dubstep version of the Tron sound track.
I have almost all the sound loops ready but I am not able to import them using pinball browser because I don't have a licensed version of program and since this is the only title I'm planning to replace the sound track I'm not willing to pay for a licence. :-/
Is there anyone here who have a licensed of copy pinball browser who can import the files for me?

Man, I love me the Gem soundtrack. Anyone have an 8 track I can slap into my Maverick for the commute?

#6382 3 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

I have almost all the sound loops ready but I am not able to import them using pinball browser because I don't have a licensed version of program ...

I can help import sound files. However, the single most difficult part is making the sound loop the *EXACT* same length as the existing sound loop in the current file. (For example, Light Cycle Multiball loop must be exactly 38.942 seconds or it will not loop correctly.) Have you done that?

#6383 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I can help import sound files. However, the single most difficult part is making the sound loop the *EXACT* same length as the existing sound loop in the current file. (For example, Light Cycle Multiball loop must be exactly 38.942 seconds or it will not loop correctly.) Have you done that?

Sweet!
Yeah, I made sure the files are the exact length.
I'll upload the files and PM you a link.

#6384 3 years ago

I believe your effort will be the third or fourth attempt to remake the entire soundtrack. I'm very curious to hear your version. We'll have to summarize all the efforts here.

Name one other machine that has received this much music remixing love.

#6385 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I believe your effort will be the third or fourth attempt to remake the entire soundtrack. I'm very curious to hear your version. We'll have to summarize all the efforts here.
Name one other machine that has received this much music remixing love.

Hehe, the game deserves it, and luckily there are already so many sweet remixes out there, it's just a matter picking out the best parts
PM sent!

#6386 3 years ago

Oooooooooooo

Nosro on a dub step mix!!! I'm all in for testing!

Thanks guys!

#6387 3 years ago

Users !!! We need your help to get these approved for production.

http://www.publicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=191

tron-lego-4_(resized).JPG

#6388 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Oooooooooooo
Nosro on a dub step mix!!! I'm all in for testing!
Thanks guys!

It's actually me making the dubstep mix , Nosro is helping me adding the files to the BIN file due to pinball browser not allowing me to ad files over 10 sec if I don't pay €20.00.

#6389 3 years ago

oga83 will actually accept any reasonable donation for a license. $20 is a suggestion. Personally, I think the $20 (€20 for you) is well worth the flexibility that the tool offers.

#6390 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

oga83 will actually accept any reasonable donation for a license. $20 is a suggestion. Personally, I think the $20 (€20 for you) is well worth the flexibility that the tool offers.

Yeah, might do that in the future but as I understand it €20.00 was the minimum.

#6391 3 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Yeah, might do that in the future but as I understand it €20.00 was the minimum.

Sorry for not noting and acknowledging you and the creation of the dubstep correctly... I will be happy to front $20 toward the cause, I'd be delighted with a nice dubstep soundtrack for my tronLE, if you don't mind doing the pro and LE versions

#6392 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Sorry for not noting and acknowledging you and the creation of the dubstep correctly... I will be happy to front $20 toward the cause, I'd be delighted with a nice dubstep soundtrack for my tronLE, if you don't mind doing the pro and LE versions

but make the LE version a lot better

tron-legoG-10_(resized).jpg

#6393 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

No worries

That's very generous of you.
Including the LE version shouldn't be a problem. Just one song extra right?

#6394 3 years ago

It's sooooo close now guys, the new dubstep remix is almost ready.
I even included some extra bells and whistles.

#6395 3 years ago

I recently purchased a TRON pro with some mods but would like to add the light cycles. I saw them on pinball decals for >$300 and on hooked on pinball for $185. Can people chime in on which is better and why?

#6396 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I recently purchased a TRON pro with some mods but would like to add the light cycles. I saw them on pinball decals for >$300 and on hooked on pinball for $185. Can people chime in on which is better and why?

Well, if they are functionally identical, ie: lighting up at game events...
But, at that price difference, maybe they are different?

I'd buy hooked

#6397 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Go with hooked for $185 that's what they go for. They look the same to me and $300 is way high in my book.

#6398 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Go with hooked for $185 that's what they go for. They look the same to me and $300 is way high in my book.

Make your own, save the money for other mods

#6399 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

You can get the Hallmark light cycles on eBay for about $20 each. PDI has a price markup from a different universe. Cointaker sells chrome pop bumper caps for $99 shipped. The same caps from PDI are $157 shipped.

#6400 3 years ago

Here is a great article on Tron mods. Info on Tron is scatter all over the place and this will help new owners get their head around what's out there:

https://medium.com/@MrsMezelMods/pimp-my-tron-pinball-f5ab068b1e65#.t5bd1hjnx

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn , NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 9259 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside