IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 233.
#6301 7 years ago
Quoted from Blacktoothgrin:

I am at 2+years and still at 77mil so congrats! , not to mention at parties here have had friends get to 140 I leave them just to taunt me, so sad even watched papa videos and think I can do this but then nope! yeah I suck but cant stop playing so all good ! You on standard settings and 3ball? DAMN YOU TRON AND THE GRID I WILL KEEP TRYING!! And before anyone chimes in yeesss learn to play better I Know...

Thanks...and yep, I've always kept it on 3 ball, factory settings......hit Quorra mb a couple of times and disc mb literally half a dozen times.....I'm sure my score was by accident, as I've heard easier ways to get there. Tonight, I just decided to pound the disc as much as possible and hope for the best.....got lucky, I guess. The game is so unforgiving yet addictive, easy to understand rule set, but impossible ( for me) to master.

I usually play it when I'm pissed off already, and my day at work fit the mold perfect today.....just going to stare at the score and drink a bit more.....good way to start the weekend!!!

#6302 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thanks...and yep, I've always kept it on 3 ball, factory settings......hit Quorra mb a couple of times and disc mb literally half a dozen times.....I'm sure my score was by accident, as I've heard easier ways to get there. Tonight, I just decided to pound the disc as much as possible and hope for the best.....got lucky, I guess. The game is so unforgiving yet addictive, easy to understand rule set, but impossible ( for me) to master.
I usually play it when I'm pissed off already, and my day at work fit the mold perfect today.....just going to stare at the score and drink a bit more.....good way to start the weekend!!!

Hahaha! I do the same thing stress relief! or stress inducer? hmm Ill make another drink and go play ! cheers to ya brother! and enjoy the weekend!

#6303 7 years ago
Quoted from Blacktoothgrin:

Hahaha! I do the same thing stress relief! or stress inducer? hmm Ill make another drink and go play ! cheers to ya brother! and enjoy the weekend!

Do it!!!.....have a good one, TRON BRO!!!

#6304 7 years ago

I've alerted Flank, btw, so he can validate my achievement. Wouldn't be right without him knowing.....hope the thaw ends soon....

#6305 7 years ago

Where is Sirflankalot ?

#6306 7 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Where is Sirflankalot ?

Flank land, I believe.......a cool place....

#6307 7 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Where is Sirflankalot ?

centerflank-frozen-1_(resized).pngcenterflank-frozen-1_(resized).png

#6308 7 years ago

Agreed....no sign of thaw in your pic......

#6309 7 years ago

I have a question.
I have the pinbits eli ramp mod installed. When light cycle multiball starts one ramp is blue and the other one is yellow, right?
This used to happen in my machine but now both of them are just blue? Anyone else experienced this?

#6310 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

I have a question.
I have the pinbits eli ramp mod installed. When light cycle multiball starts one ramp is blue and the other one is yellow, right?
This used to happen in my machine but now both of them are just blue? Anyone else experienced this?

The same thing happens when Zuse is started, the ramps are supposed to turn white but mine are blue.

#6311 7 years ago

Is the little add-in board in the back box well connected?

#6312 7 years ago

That has never happened with my Pinbits Eli ramps. Blue is the default color when no modes are active.

#6313 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Is the little add-in board in the back box well connected?

Yes. I have reseated the board and I'm still having the same problem.

#6314 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Yes. I have reseated the board and I'm still having the same problem.

Sounds like you are missing a color(RGB). Do you get Red and green?

#6315 7 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Sounds like you are missing a color(RGB). Do you get Red and green?

I have all the colors in attract mode, they're just not displaying on the correct times when playing.

#6316 7 years ago

There's something really strange going on. I just played a game and started identity disc multiball, and guess what, the left ramp turned yellow and the right ramp turned blue (light cycle multimall). Seams to me like the board for my eli ramps is really confused. I wonder if this can be fixed with a software update to the board or if it needs replacing? There must be some kind of warranty right?

#6317 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

There's something really strange going on. I just played a game and started identity disc multiball, and guess what, the left ramp turned yellow and the right ramp turned blue (light cycle multimall). Seams to me like the board for my eli ramps is really confused. I wonder if this can be fixed with a software update to the board or if it needs replacing? There must be some kind of warranty right?

Just reflash the code. Well be good to go.

#6318 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Just reflash the code. Well be good to go.

Any instructions how this is done? Also where can I find the code? Over at Pinbits website?

#6319 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Any instructions how this is done? Also where can I find the code? Over at Pinbits website?

I found all the info and files over at pinbits website, I should really have checked before asking.

Anyway, I have reflashed the code and everything seams to be back in order

#6320 7 years ago

When you hit the recognizer, sometimes you get that low voice that says something like "rectoball." WTF is he actually saying, and what does it mean?

This game might be a little bit TOO addictive, BTW...

#6321 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

When you hit the recognizer, sometimes you get that low voice that says something like "rectoball." WTF is he actually saying, and what does it mean?

Rectify

#6322 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You have entered TRONLAND....no turning back now....

#6323 7 years ago

I shit thee not...it's so good it's making all my other machines sad.

#6324 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I shit thee not...it's so good it's making all my other machines sad.

Agreed.....something about the machine...simple rules, impossible to master, brutal gameplay, killer audio and lights ( w the ramps)....it takes on all flavors of the month.....yes, I played AC/DC and MET ( said it).....TRON just prevails....is what it is....

#6325 7 years ago

Well, it's really all about designing a game that makes you feel like you COULD have gotten to the end...but always wind up just a bit short. I love my ACDC, but I know I have no chance of ever seeing the wizard mode. Same with WOZ, GOT, and even IJ. But with this game, I've lit the entire ladder with only one or two left to complete to reach portal. And I always seem to come up a few shots short. And THAT'S why you keep hitting the start button, after all.

A well-modded Tron is a wonderful thing, indeed.

#6326 7 years ago

Just is what it is.......I've had a hard time getting excited about anything since adding my LE to the lineup.....added an IMVE, as I just needed a pure ass kicker, and will have an AlienLE....but nothing else really needed for me.....

#6327 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And THAT'S why you keep hitting the start button, after all.

Yes indeed... I played for an hour tonight, and the saddest thing is the game kicked me in the balls repeatedly and I smiled the entire time, I literally was 1/16th of an inch from portal... #dikpunch

#6328 7 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Yes indeed... I played for an hour tonight, and the saddest thing is the game kicked me in the balls repeatedly and I smiled the entire time, I literally was 1/16th of an inch from portal... #dikpunch

I think I reach portal about once in every 60 games or so... So tough, but so SAWEET

#6329 7 years ago

If I could get any free Stern it would be TRON LE hands down.

#6330 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, it's really all about designing a game that makes you feel like you COULD have gotten to the end...but always wind up just a bit short. I love my ACDC, but I know I have no chance of ever seeing the wizard mode. Same with WOZ, GOT, and even IJ. But with this game, I've lit the entire ladder with only one or two left to complete to reach portal. And I always seem to come up a few shots short. And THAT'S why you keep hitting the start button, after all.
A well-modded Tron is a wonderful thing, indeed.

Boob! I had no idea you'd joined! Welcome to the coolest club there is.

#6331 7 years ago

Had one of those "Over The Hedge" where Hammy drinks an energy drink moments on Tron last night, except i was using Guinness instead.

Everything was going well on ball 1 with all but CLU lit solidly, but then the effect wore off and balls 2 and 3 didn't even touch the sides.

Such an epic game. Such a bastard of a game.

#6332 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Everything was going well on ball 1 with all but CLU lit solidly, but then the effect wore off and balls 2 and 3 didn't even touch the sides.

So, you were literally CLUless.

#6333 7 years ago

Here's a little tip on how to lower the noise of your disc motor significantly.

Most of the noise you hear from your motor is amplified trough the playfield and your cabinet.
I first started with putting some rubber washers by the screw holes where to motor comes in contact with the playfield.
29128867-origpic-9473df_(resized).jpg29128867-origpic-9473df_(resized).jpg

Then I was all smug and thought to myself "problem solved".
Wrong, it was still pretty noisy.
I then thought, maybe it's a alignment issue, and made sure the disc was absolutely centered but that didn't help either.
I started experimenting a little to get equal pressure from the screws holding motor to the playfield. Didn't much help either, just a little.

Something that did help ALOT was loosening the screws so much it has as little contact to the playfield as possible but still attached without falling out. Now I can hardly notice the noise from the motor with the glass on and the sound low.

#6334 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

So, you were literally CLUless.

not quite, i had started it a fair few times, but none of them managed to complete. The normally infuriating GEM shot seemed all too easy and i was hitting it around 75% of the time. It was a very strange feeling.

#6335 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I love my ACDC, but I know I have no chance of ever seeing the wizard mode. Same with WOZ, GOT, and even IJ.

Tron seems like such an outlier among modern Stern machines in this way. Every machine of similar age (or newer) has an almost impossible depth for mere mortals on standard settings. It's as if the final wizard in Wizard of Oz was created for 5 people in the whole world.

#6336 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Tron seems like such an outlier among modern Stern machines in this way. Every machine of similar age (or newer) has an almost impossible depth for mere mortals on standard settings. It's as if the final wizard in Wizard of Oz was created for 5 people in the whole world.

It's because in Tron you can do every individual task required to get to the wizard mode during any game. I can even finish Light Cycle if I concentrate on it and play well. But if I do that I won't finish others. That is the magic of this game. I can do all the parts, but I can't do them all in one game. It makes me feel like I always have a chance.

As for WOZ, there were diamonds that I never collected in two years of owning it. Even when I just focused on those I had no chance to finish them. So I 100% agree that the wizard mode (SOTR) is for about 5 people in the world.

#6337 7 years ago

Yes - love games that I actually have a chance in - but what is interesting about Tron is that while I kinda have a chance, guys like Bowen Kerins don't make it to Tron's Portal wizard mode all the time either. So it just seems to me that this game hits a terrific balance of being not too hard or complicated but just hard enough. In my opinion, it is a real masterpiece. It's like Metallica in that it has an easily understandable and acheivable ruleset (but in Met, of course, the End of the Line wizard mode is a bit further out of reach). Borg/Sheets is my favorite designer/programmer team.

#6338 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It's because in Tron you can do every individual task required to get to the wizard mode during any game. I can even finish Light Cycle if I concentrate on it and play well. But if I do that I won't finish others. That is the magic of this game

It's a one of a kind, love/ hate thing (exponential on both ends)......I have to be in the right frame of mind to step up to it....generally on the "bad day at work" side gets me further....

#6339 7 years ago

Rumor has it there has been a thaw in Mukwonago. Welcome back Tron Leader--missed you!

#6340 7 years ago

All Hale centerflank is back all thawed out ready to enter the grid

#6341 7 years ago

drum role . . . . . .

#6342 7 years ago

Wait for it..........

#6343 7 years ago

Howdy Ho!

#6345 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6346 7 years ago

Dude's pissed off. He might need a little time.

#6347 7 years ago

The humanity.....Flank....this bottle is EMPTY!!!...I need your guidance on switching to Scotch after this atrocity!!! ( there were only 4 shots left...seems reasonable)......Troniacs are in need of wisdom....f$&k the rest....thaw!!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6348 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

He knows sanctity lies in TRON ( can't speak for four horsemen, because I only have 1)...douches don't live in this thread!!!

#6349 7 years ago

Break on thru to the othá side

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6350 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I be pissed too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.