IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 233.
#6251 7 years ago
Quoted from west6926:

Finally made it to Portal tonight

reach portal OR finish portal ? (as 154 is not that much)

#6252 7 years ago

Just reached it. For me that's a major accomplishment. At my skill level I doubt I'll ever complete portal unless I take the glass off

#6253 7 years ago

ok, cool anyway of course, and congrats

as i really think that not 10 guys on earth did fully completed it, a more than very hard task for sure

#6254 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok, cool anyway of course, and congrats
as i really think that not 10 guys on earth did fully completed it, a more than very hard task for sure

i've had it ready once! Never started it...

I like hitting the SOS with Double Scoring though - that's the peak of my current skills.

#6255 7 years ago

I've started portal twice, always at lunch time after a sandwich when no one else is in the house, then I erased my scores when I updated my code with new music

Top was 160,000,000
Not as good as most here, but was pretty good for my level

#6256 7 years ago

Hey guys! I'll be in the club next week.
I just wanted to ask something real quick.
As many of you know most stern titles lacks the JACKPOT! call outs, I myself is a real sucker for jackpot and super jackpot call outs, they make you feel that you're really accomplishing something.
I just thought to myself, I wonder if it would be possible to ad a jackpot call out using pinball browser? I don't know much about how pinball browser works but I wouldn't be surprised if that's not possible due to there's no pre programmed call out at all during a jackpot. Anyone know if this would be possible? As a jackpot sample I guess you could use the female voice and simulate the "robotic" voice effect.

Anyway, just a thought.

#6257 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

i've had it ready once! Never started it...
I like hitting the SOS with Double Scoring though - that's the peak of my current skills.

Me too, well almost -> one shot away from lighting Portal (needed the Flynn lamp lit) and drained. 2 yrs and never have gotten Portal lit even once.

#6258 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Hey guys! I'll be in the club next week.
I just wanted to ask something real quick.
As many of you know most stern titles lacks the JACKPOT! call outs, I myself is a real sucker for jackpot and super jackpot call outs, they make you feel that you're really accomplishing something.
I just thought to myself, I wonder if it would be possible to ad a jackpot call out using pinball browser? I don't know much about how pinball browser works but I wouldn't be surprised if that's not possible due to there's no pre programmed call out at all during a jackpot. Anyone know if this would be possible? As a jackpot sample I guess you could use the female voice and simulate the "robotic" voice effect.
Anyway, just a thought.

Congrats on joining the Club!!!.....you will hear female jackpot call outs in the game....TRON just does it cooler than most....

#6259 7 years ago

Remember when Stern used to sell games at Best Buy? I found a Tron on free play at one location that had so much dirt and crud on the playfield. The whole machine wasn't leveled properly and was tilted on one side. It was the dirtiest Tron I've ever seen. Wish I had taken pictures.

Right then and there I was tempted to bribe the store manager or something but I knew that it was gonna be unlikely. That would've been a cool opportunity to take it home and learn how to tear down a game, clean it up, and install some mods. Plus it was sad to see such a great game in poor shape. Hope get one down the line!

Oh yeah... and Tron is a beautiful, awesome game. Especially if you mod your Pro to be like the LE.

#6260 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

TRON just does it cooler than most....

TRON is the coolest!

#6261 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Congrats on joining the Club!!!.....you will hear female jackpot call outs in the game....TRON just does it cooler than most....

It does? I haven't managed to hear it, maybe I'm going def haha.
Oh, and thanks.

#6262 7 years ago

Agreed!!! "Jackpot achieved"......

#6263 7 years ago

For our new members, "Members Only" is a euphemism for "fans only".

You do not have to own a Tron to participate in this thread. But negative posts will earn a quick ejection.

This thread is for people to share in the greatness that is Tron. If you hate the game or have problems with it, then do not post those complaints in this thread.

This thread is all about the love of Tron.

Marcus

#6264 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

You do not have to own a Tron to participate in this thread. But negative posts will earn a quick ejection.
This thread is for people to share in the greatness that is Tron. If you hate the game or have problems with it, then do not post those complaints in this thread.
Marcus

Oh, that's good.

#6265 7 years ago

Crank up the speakers

#6266 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Remember when Stern used to sell games at Best Buy? I found a Tron on free play at one location that had so much dirt and crud on the playfield. The whole machine wasn't leveled properly and was tilted on one side. It was the dirtiest Tron I've ever seen. Wish I had taken pictures.
Right then and there I was tempted to bribe the store manager or something but I knew that it was gonna be unlikely. That would've been a cool opportunity to take it home and learn how to tear down a game, clean it up, and install some mods. Plus it was sad to see such a great game in poor shape. Hope get one down the line!
Oh yeah... and Tron is a beautiful, awesome game. Especially if you mod your Pro to be like the LE.

Dude, you're getting a Tron, you're in the club!

#6267 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Tron Leader is on vacation, so no death rays will be aimed your way.

#6268 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Tron Leader is on vacation, so no death rays will be aimed your way.

That's comforting.

#6269 7 years ago

Wanted to give a big shout out to Titan pinball, Just one word awesome!! Buy with confidence loving my new clear set plays awesome! I phone does not do them justice truly a beauty to look at and play!IMG_3292_(resized).JPGIMG_3292_(resized).JPGIMG_3293_(resized).JPGIMG_3293_(resized).JPGIMG_3295_(resized).JPGIMG_3295_(resized).JPGIMG_3296_(resized).JPGIMG_3296_(resized).JPGIMG_3298_(resized).JPGIMG_3298_(resized).JPGIMG_3304_(resized).JPGIMG_3304_(resized).JPG

#6270 7 years ago

Only a wanna be club member but fortunately a local place (Pinball Gallery) got a Tron so I've been giving it lots of love. Had a couple good games today. One ended in heart break. Portal lit, immediately drain left. Game over.

Shook it off and after cleansing the pallet with a couple games on Stars and MET gave it another go. The day was mine. Got to Portal. Was only a couple shots shy of completing it. Ended up completing a couple more modes after as well. Regained the GC!

20160708_151756_(resized).jpg20160708_151756_(resized).jpg

Such a fun game. I should probably just join the club already.

#6271 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Marcus

says the dude who sold his LE

#6272 7 years ago

So I got my Tron today, and I'm tweaking it out.

A question for anybody who has apron flashers wired up in a modded Pro: The black and red wires coming from my flashers were detached from whatever they were connected to at some point during transit or before. What do you guys have your apron flashers wired up to? The back panel flashers? (It's a pretty long wire, so I'm thinking it was something in the back).

Thanks for any help.

And yes...the subwoofer makes a HUGE difference on this game - took it off ACDC and put it on Tron. Much better there!

#6273 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So I got my Tron today, and I'm tweaking it out.
A question for anybody who has apron flashers wired up in a modded Pro: The black and red wires coming from my flashers were detached from whatever they were connected to at some point during transit or before. What do you guys have your apron flashers wired up to? The back panel flashers? (It's a pretty long wire, so I'm thinking it was something in the back).
Thanks for any help.
And yes...the subwoofer makes a HUGE difference on this game - took it off ACDC and put it on Tron. Much better there!

Finally! Welcome officially!!!

Can't help on the flashers right away, but I am super stoked to hear of your adventures on the grid

#6274 7 years ago

I bought a harness kit from a fellow Pinsider--can't recall who at the moment--to hook up my flashers. Worked perfectly. This thread should help you figure it out:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-my-new-tron-le-style-apron-check-it-out

#6275 7 years ago

Had some free time so cracked a beer , poped in the movie and installed my new lighted flipper buttons from pinball life . My sub sound board hookup from pinnovators showed up so off with the alligator clips and man that thing really makes it rock Cheers

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6276 7 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Had some free time so cracked a beer , poped in the movie and installed my new lighted flipper buttons from pinball life . My sub sound board hookup from pinnovators showed up so off with the alligator clips and man that thing really makes it rock Cheers

TRON TIME!!!! Now just find some brown liquor to go w the beer, and the experience will be complete!!!...

#6277 7 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Exactly the modding I need to do this weekend. You got the blue/orange button combo, right? Do you like it? Not sure if I'll be a fan of the orange side...

#6278 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Exactly the modding I need to do this weekend. You got the blue/orange button combo, right? Do you like it? Not sure if I'll be a fan of the orange side...

Do it!!!....the bright button orange / blue looks killer on TRON!!!

#6279 7 years ago

not a fan, somebody please buy mine.

#6280 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just went with the blue and like it just fine but that orange would have been cool i think

#6281 7 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

not a fan, somebody please buy mine.

The lit buttons or the machine? Quite sure someone will take the machine from you if priced fair....just list it....

#6282 7 years ago

any updates on these signs??

paid for mine last month

Quoted from dkpinball:

Thinking of doing one last Flynn's sign run. Send me a PM if you're interested.

#6283 7 years ago

Ok....normal Friday night back from vacation......several Scotch's, TRON kicks my ass.....some things never change...

#6284 7 years ago

TRON spotting at CAX.IMG_00005239_(resized).jpgIMG_00005239_(resized).jpgIMG_00005240_(resized).jpgIMG_00005240_(resized).jpgIMG_00005226_(resized).jpgIMG_00005226_(resized).jpg

#6285 7 years ago

Man I need a Discs of Tron.

#6286 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Man I need a Discs of Tron.

9.outside_(resized).JPG9.outside_(resized).JPG

#6288 7 years ago

I moved my recognizer neon to its proper home yesterday at least.

#6289 7 years ago

SWEET!!!!!

#6290 7 years ago

I moved my recognizer neon to its proper home yesterday at least.

My Tron and tempest are in the same configuration!!!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6291 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

My Tron and tempest are in the same configuration!!!

Does your Tempest actually work? Mine does rarely

Guys I need HELP: My yellow hallmark lightcycle started flashing a few days ago. Blue is staying lit solid. Any tips to make it stop flashing or should I just embrace it?

#6292 7 years ago

Guys I need HELP: My yellow hallmark lightcycle started flashing a few days ago. Blue is staying lit solid. Any tips to make it stop flashing or should I just embrace it?

Lightcycle setups vary so widely. I assume both lightcycles are wired to the same connector, in which case it is likely something in the lightcycle. Things to check:
1) I assume someone soldered wires to the battery terminals. Perhaps this came loose.
2) I assume someone soldered or otherwise glued the power button (the disc on the back of the rider). Perhaps this came loose. Press down hard on the button and see if the flickering goes away.

#6293 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Lightcycle setups vary so widely. I assume both lightcycles are wired to the same connector, in which case it is likely something in the lightcycle. Things to check:
1) I assume someone soldered wires to the battery terminals. Perhaps this came loose.
2) I assume someone soldered or otherwise glued the power button (the disc on the back of the rider). Perhaps this came loose. Press down hard on the button and see if the flickering goes away.

Good tips, I'll check those out. Power button seems like the most likely suspect...

#6294 7 years ago

Good tips, I'll check those out. Power button seems like the most likely suspect...

If that is the culprit, I HIGHLY recommend soldering the connections (bypassing the switch)......had the glue/ epoxy route on mine when I bought it......nightmare city!!!!!

#6296 7 years ago

#wisconsin

#6298 7 years ago

Does your Tempest actually work? Mine does rarely

Yes, the monitor was overhauled and the board was bullet proofed about 3 years ago, not had a problem after all that, but it is a color vector, so I don't expect it to be perfect forever... I have the multi-tempest chip installed, as well as the HV Chip. I really need to buy an extra working PCB just incase mine drops out of commission.

I wish tempest had a cameo in the world of Tron, it seems the perfect game to add in to the Tron world

#6299 7 years ago

It's only taken me 2 years, and many bottles of Jager.....but tonight, I join the 100 million club!!! TRON RULES!!! What a rush....made SOS, never reached Portal, Gem still kicking my ass, but I beat the hell out of disc multiball!!!

#6300 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It's only taken me 2 years, and many bottles of Jager.....but tonight, I join the 100 million club!!! TRON RULES!!! What a rush....made SOS, never reached Portal, Gem still kicking my ass, but I beat the hell out of disc multiball!!!

I am at 2+years and still at 77mil so congrats! , not to mention at parties here have had friends get to 140 I leave them just to taunt me, so sad even watched papa videos and think I can do this but then nope! yeah I suck but cant stop playing so all good ! You on standard settings and 3ball? DAMN YOU TRON AND THE GRID I WILL KEEP TRYING!! And before anyone chimes in yeesss learn to play better I Know...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/126 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.