tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 233.
#6201 7 years ago

Can we go on with tron........

#6202 7 years ago

I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a set of menu/hardware adjustments that better balances the modes.

For example, Flynn, "TRON" and "ZUSE" seem a bit too easy - I never do those modes on purpose, yet they get completed without me trying.

#6203 7 years ago

There are shortcuts to complete some of the tough modes:

CLU - 4 lit cycle shots or C-L-U in the in lanes
Lightcycle - Left Ramp>Quorra>Right Ramp (there are other ways to complete this but this is quickest).
DISC - During disc multiball 5 or 6 disc shots (I forget)
Quorra - 1 Gem shot
Recognizer is automatically done.

Quoted from nosro:

I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a set of menu/hardware adjustments that better balances the modes.
For example, Flynn, "TRON" and "ZUSE" seem a bit too easy - I never do those modes on purpose, yet they get completed without me trying.

#6204 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Flynn, "TRON" and "ZUSE" seem a bit too easy - I never do those modes on purpose, yet they get completed without me trying.

Well, yes Flynn completes itself usually as well as TRON; Zuse you can make tougher by shortening the amount of time you have to complete it. Even when those things are a given, still damn hard for me to make it to Portal. (in fact, I have only gotten it lit once.)

#6205 7 years ago

nope_(resized).pngnope_(resized).png

#6206 7 years ago

nice ear ring

#6207 7 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

still damn hard for me to make it to Portal. (in fact, I have only gotten it lit once.)

I've only started Portal once. I agree, things are hard enough in Tron. If Zeus feels to easy, regap the switches on the standup targets so only a direct hard hit triggers it.

To me the magic of Tron is in the different levels of modes. Sure, some are easy, but others keep you trying. If I concentrate on one, I might finish it, but I won't finish them all. That makes it the perfect dimension of depth for the structure of the game. I can do all the pieces, but not in the same game. So I always feel like I can make it to Portal, even though I have only done it once in 4.5 years. Good stuff.

#6208 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I've only started Portal once. I agree, things are hard enough in Tron. If Zeus feels to easy, regap the switches on the standup targets so only a direct hard hit triggers it.
To me the magic of Tron is in the different levels of modes. Sure, some are easy, but others keep you trying. If I concentrate on one, I might finish it, but I won't finish them all. That makes it the perfect dimension of depth for the structure of the game. I can do all the pieces, but not in the same game. So I always feel like I can make it to Portal, even though I have only done it once in 4.5 years. Good stuff.

Agreed...focusing on one aspect of the game is crazy fun.....Gem and I just don't get along....I enjoy getting to EOLMB fairly regular, but it still kicks my ass before I get to 100 million.....it's my Grail TRON #...ahhhhh!!!

#6209 7 years ago

Finally Im in the club!!!

#6210 7 years ago

The Gem Crystal Apron..

IMG20160629233952_(resized).jpgIMG20160629233952_(resized).jpg
IMG20160629233919_(resized).jpgIMG20160629233919_(resized).jpg
IMG20160629233810_(resized).jpgIMG20160629233810_(resized).jpg
IMG20160629233745_(resized).jpgIMG20160629233745_(resized).jpg
IMG20160629233733_(resized).jpgIMG20160629233733_(resized).jpg

#6212 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The Gem Chrystal Apron..

Wow! Where did you find that? Very nice!

#6213 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow! Where did you find that? Very nice!

Made it. A few versions coming for the redshiftLED website. A bit of fun. This is an R&D test, but it's so awesome I'm leaving it in I think.

#6214 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Made it. A few versions coming for the redshiftLED website. A bit of fun. This is an R&D test, but it's so awesome I'm leaving it in I think.

Looks great!!!!! I think light blasting out of the front of the plexi would look sick!!!! maybe augment the original flashers w some 12v strips firing forward (or laser beams!!!).....LIKE!!!!

#6215 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Post some pics!

Yes please!!!!! mandatory, so we can drool on it (oh, and a clear disc too..............

#6216 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6217 7 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Is the "clear disc of doom" a spinner with clear rubber? I'm late to the Tron party. My disc is leaving black dropping all over the place.

OMG! "Clear disc of doom" installed. Tron is the most intense pin I have ever played. My hands are swollen and I had to stop.

#6218 7 years ago

OMG! "Clear disc of doom" installed. Tron is the most intense pin I have ever played. My hands are swollen and I had to stop.

As they should be...TRON ROCKS...period!!!

#6219 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6221 7 years ago

+1

#6222 7 years ago

hopefully with all this summer heat ... he'll be thawed out soon

#6223 7 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

hopefully with all this summer heat ... he'll be thawed out soon

centerflank-frozen-1_(resized).pngcenterflank-frozen-1_(resized).png

#6224 7 years ago

maybe we can have dkpinball do a "special" edition FLANKS ARCADE sign??

that would be pretty classic

#6225 7 years ago

Tron Frozen LE

#6226 7 years ago

centerflank-freezerstern-1_(resized).pngcenterflank-freezerstern-1_(resized).png

#6227 7 years ago

The search is over, found a excellent condition Tron pro from the first production run.
It will be here in a few weeks, will post some pics when it arrives.
Time to go mod shopping.
Stoked!

#6228 7 years ago

centerflank-solo-1_(resized).pngcenterflank-solo-1_(resized).png

#6230 7 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

The search is over, found a excellent condition Tron pro from the first production run.
Time to go mod shopping.
Stoked!

SWEET!!!.....congrats and welcome.....

#6231 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thanks mate!
I'm very happy to be here.

#6232 7 years ago

centerflank-hole-1_(resized).pngcenterflank-hole-1_(resized).png

#6233 7 years ago

centerflank-button-1_(resized).pngcenterflank-button-1_(resized).png

#6234 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You didn't ask about the clear disk. Tisk tisk, CF will be disappointed when he returns to find all these new members with dark rubber disks.

#6235 7 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Time to go mod shopping.
Stoked!

Conrad's now you need to find all the mods you want I also found 1st run Tron pro and was lucky to find with 80% of mods I wanted done already.

#6236 7 years ago

Just to see what would happen, CF touched the door...

#6237 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You didn't ask about the clear disk. Tisk tisk, CF will be disappointed when he returns to find all these new members with dark rubber disks.

Before you ask, here is the distilled answer:
Clear disk (also now comes in colors). Buy spares. Shipping from Germany can take a while unless you pony up $40 for UPS:
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/pinball-rubber/miscellaneous/4365/disc-rubber-set-transparent-tron-legacy
Order a new plastic disk from Pinballlife. Removing the OEM black disc rubber is hard and does not provide a good bonding surface for the new rubber. Spend the $20 on a new plastic disc:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2539
Use 3m 77 spray adhesive on both surfaces to attach. Don't remove the mask from the plastic disk until after you spray the adhesive. It looks like tissue paper and protects the clear ridge and exposed plastic disk from the glue. Peel off the mask and apply the 2 piece rubber set.
Here is the source of the above distillation:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-clear-disc-installed
Make sure you have a set of plastic protectors installed before installing this mod. It's a mind blower. It truly is "the disc of doom."

Added over 7 years ago: Update on the adhesive. The 3M 77 spray failed after about 30 days. I ordered an extra clear disk and re-glued using 3M 4475 and that has been going strong now for 7 months. It is an industrial plastic adhesive found on Amazon that comes in a tube.

#6238 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Conrad's now you need to find all the mods you want I also found 1st run Tron pro and was lucky to find with 80% of mods I wanted done already.

Mine has a shaker and the hallmark light cycles, so it will be a long road modding this out.
I will add the plastic protectors, eli ramp kit, Flynn arcade sign, chrome pop bumper kit and arcade machine upgrade, mirror blades.
That should do for starters.

#6239 7 years ago

Before you ask, here is the distilled answer:
Clear disk (also now comes in colors). Buy spares. Shipping from Germany can take a while unless you pony up $40 for UPS:
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/pinball-rubber/miscellaneous/4365/disc-rubber-set-transparent-tron-legacy
Order a new plastic disk from Pinballlife. Removing the OEM black disc rubber is hard and does not provide a good bonding surface for the new rubber. Spend the $20 on a new plastic disc:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2539
Use 3m 77 spray adhesive on both surfaces to attach. Don't remove the mask from the plastic disk until after you spray the adhesive. It looks like tissue paper and protects the clear ridge and exposed plastic disk from the glue. Peel off the mask and apply the 2 piece rubber set.
Here is the source of the above distillation:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-clear-disc-installed
Make sure you have a set of plastic protectors installed before installing this mod. It's a mind blower. It truly is "the disc of doom."

This disc of doom sounds very interesting.

#6240 7 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Mine has a shaker and the hallmark light cycles, so it will be a long road modding this out.
I will add the plastic protectors, eli ramp kit, Flynn arcade sign, chrome pop bumper kit and arcade machine upgrade, mirror blades.
That should do for starters.

If there is any pin that deserves a subwoofer this is it. Here's and easy way to add a powered subwoofer
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=38

#6241 7 years ago

If there is any pin that deserves a subwoofer this is it. Here's and easy way to add a powered subwoofer
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=38

That's a great idea, thank you. I have a spare powered sub from the home theatre system that I was going to sell, now I will fit it to Tron.

#6242 7 years ago

A set of alligator clips clipped to the cabinet speaker and thin speaker wire will work just as well if the sub has speaker level inputs.

#6243 7 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

This disc of doom sounds very interesting.

Hurts so good!

#6244 7 years ago

centerflank-adv-lamp-2_(resized).pngcenterflank-adv-lamp-2_(resized).png

#6245 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

A slacker, I am!!!

#6246 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

No. It is a bit like Scotch tape (translucent, basically firm), but thicker. Most foam tape is much thicker than this anti-rattle tape.

Thank you for the scoop!

#6247 7 years ago

As an homage to Flank, I tore Tron's heart out. We should all do the same until his return:

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6248 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

As an homage to Flank, I tore Tron's heart out. We should all do the same until his return:

I pay homage to Flank by playing my tron that looks so awesome because of his help

#6249 7 years ago

I ordered a clear disc, the blue one just doesn't look like it does what the clear one does

#6250 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Finally made it to Portal tonight. New grand champion score as well. It's about time!

Just wish Flank was here to see it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/125 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.