IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,633 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 233.
#6051 7 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

My buddy made it. It's actually from the video game.

tron-game82_(resized).jpgtron-game82_(resized).jpg

#6052 7 years ago

Just finished ramp Eli lights, RGB board and under cabinet lights. I love me some Tron.

not a big topper guy but that is fuggin cool

#6053 7 years ago

im diggin' the topper on your pin.... just not diggin' all that red under the cabinet and in the speaker lights (or hopefully thats orange)

Just finished ramp Eli lights, RGB board and under cabinet lights. I love me some Tron.

#6054 7 years ago

Switching up to some clear titan rubs.

20160609_153537_(resized).jpg20160609_153537_(resized).jpg

#6055 7 years ago

New shiny balls too and a sensual rub down....very sensual

A six beer cleaning for my baby..

#6056 7 years ago

I need to get me a Tron, I got the fever and I got it bad!

#6057 7 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I need to get me a Tron, I got the fever and I got it bad!

You will love it mate, have a look at that one that's available on AA.

#6058 7 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Switching up to some clear titan rubs.

Yep. Clear Titans look great.

#6059 7 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

im diggin' the topper on your pin.... just not diggin' all that red under the cabinet and in the speaker lights (or hopefully thats orange)

The lights change with the ramp lights. When nothing is going on in the game they default to blue.

#6060 7 years ago

Not sure I'm digging the clear flipper rubbers, might switch back to the blue titans. It kind of tricks your brain into thinking the bats are shorter than they really are...also don't look that great with yellow bats....

#6061 7 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Not sure I'm digging the clear flipper rubbers, might switch back to the blue titans. It kind of tricks your brain into thinking the bats are shorter than they really are...also don't look that great with yellow bats....

I think the problem is you don't have the clear LED flipper bats.

#6062 7 years ago

Do the colors always cycle through on those bats, or can you set them to one color like with the speaker lights?

BTW I just watched a show on NFL Network counting down the 10 greatest Packers of all time (spoiler: Mandarich was snubbed)

#6063 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Do the colors always cycle through on those bats, or can you set them to one color like with the speaker lights?
BTW I just watched a show on NFL Network counting down the 10 greatest Packers of all time (spoiler: Mandarich was snubbed)

You can cycle them or leave on solid color, it has that standard RGB controller with all the setting adjustments.

Mandarich was a douchey draft pick (next 3 guys drafted all time NFL greats), picking a lineman in the top 5 is way too risky, Joe Thomas was the only guy worth it off the top of my head from the past ~15years~

#6064 7 years ago

Nice, they look fantastic. They need a US distributor!

I just ordered a curious Tron mod. It could either turn out amazing or disastrous. There is no middle ground. Exciting times! I'll post pics when done

#6065 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Nice, they look fantastic. They need a US distributor!
I just ordered a curious Tron mod. It could either turn out amazing or disastrous. There is no middle ground. Exciting times! I'll post pics when done

LED Tmolding?

#6066 7 years ago

No but that would be something. Blaze the trail for us!

#6068 7 years ago

That's pretty wild! I'm gonna hafta stew on that for a bit before committing

#6069 7 years ago

All modes complete ball 3, save disc for last. Hit the super with 2 balls left, and then simuldranious. I have done it before....but god that hurts...

Got portal many times, but only once have I got there with all modes lit and double scored the bonus...

#6070 7 years ago

thats a great example of when mods go too far. unless you have the rinsler welding helmet....

il_fullxfull.769918273_hf3f_(resized).jpgil_fullxfull.769918273_hf3f_(resized).jpg

#6071 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

thats a great example of when mods go too far.

nope, one can never go too far.

5535fa96f3d9082c9cfe268f3fa6cfac_(resized).jpg5535fa96f3d9082c9cfe268f3fa6cfac_(resized).jpg72b032fcaff0647cdd886cc1f11c65e3_(resized).jpg72b032fcaff0647cdd886cc1f11c65e3_(resized).jpgimages_(resized).jpegimages_(resized).jpegimages-1_(resized).jpegimages-1_(resized).jpeg

#6072 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

nope, one can never go too far.

you want all that shit in your face while you try to follow a ball going 90 miles and hour around the playfield?

#6073 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

you want all that shit in your face while you try to follow a ball going 90 miles and hour around the playfield?

Yes, adds to the difficulty

#6074 7 years ago

While i'm not a current Tron owner (I used to be, yes I know, don't say it haha) I was invited a few weeks ago to a house party (friend of a friend) and the guy (who's NOT a pinhead, he only has 1 game) had this AMAZING modded out Tron pro! I literally spent most of the party just playing the shit out of it (other people at the party looked at me funny heh!). He doesn't play it! He got the game just as artwork, to turn it on and stare at it. Gotta say, it's a nice game to look at (and was a VERY smooth example to play as well).

Oh well. Random tricked out Tron in the wild down here in SOFL.

IMG_0668_(resized).JPGIMG_0668_(resized).JPG

IMG_0667_(resized).JPGIMG_0667_(resized).JPG

#6075 7 years ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

While i'm not a current Tron owner (I used to be, yes I know, don't say it haha) I was invited a few weeks ago to a house party (friend of a friend) and the guy (who's NOT a pinhead, he only has 1 game) had this AMAZING modded out Tron pro! I literally spent most of the party just playing the shit out of it (other people at the party looked at me funny heh!). He doesn't play it! He got the game just as artwork, to turn it on and stare at it. Gotta say, it's a nice game to look at (and was a VERY smooth example to play as well).

That's awesome, leg/shooter light ups and el lit apron cards! Whose old TRON is that? Lotta love was put in that.

Edit- I like the look of the middle target bank lit up and that little LCD screen on the left ramp return, I need to start selling blood or semen to fund the rest of the TRON mods I want

#6076 7 years ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

That's sick! Usually you see a random bad ass car in someone garage, not a tricked out to the max pin!!

Ha, people look at me funny when they come to my house and I'm playing pinball asking them to join me... What's wrong with people!?! I finally stopped telling folks how much time I have in to working on the pins, I think it scares them from playing them.

#6077 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I need to start selling blood or semen to fund the rest of the TRON mods I want

You got my number!

#6078 7 years ago

That person may not be a pinhead, but he knows someone who is or purchased it from someone who is. There's no way an average person would even know about Eli ramp lights, never mind how such a person would know about the leg/shooter light mod, lit target bank mod, or Flynn's sign.

Nevertheless,
jawdrop-smiley-face.gifjawdrop-smiley-face.gif

#6079 7 years ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

That is incredible. That pin was owned by a collector at some point, super nice.

Did you put the GC score on it?

#6080 7 years ago

Just got these in stock.
Hookedonpinball.com

Tron_apron_2_(resized).jpgTron_apron_2_(resized).jpg

tron_apron_1_(resized).jpgtron_apron_1_(resized).jpg

#6081 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Just got these in stock.
Hookedonpinball.com

AOD had twins ?
she getza round...

#6082 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is incredible. That pin was owned by a collector at some point, super nice.
Did you put the GC score on it?

No but close, I managed 70 mil on my best game on it (GC was just north of that). The owner saw me play and saw sea of simulation for the first time during that game, he had no idea what he was seeing, he'd never seen it before. Heh!

#6083 7 years ago

You know those boompa boompa cars? The ones with the big big subwoofer stereos that are so loud that the car glass & trim & trunk & doors & everything rattle, much to the entertainment/chagrin of neighboring cars at the stoplight?

So, what do you guys do to keep the subwoofer & shaker motor from rattling your Tron glass silly? I did put a little foam tape up at the top of the channels, which seemed to help for a while, but it's quite rattly again.

And I don't want to hear any answers like "turn down the volume & the motor." Unacceptable.

Thanks,
-Jason

#6084 7 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

You know those boompa boompa cars? The ones with the big big subwoofer stereos that are so loud that the car glass & trim & trunk & doors & everything rattle, much to the entertainment/chagrin of neighboring cars at the stoplight?
So, what do you guys do to keep the subwoofer & shaker motor from rattling your Tron glass silly? I did put a little foam tape up at the top of the channels, which seemed to help for a while, but it's quite rattly again.
And I don't want to hear any answers like "turn down the volume & the motor." Unacceptable.
Thanks,
-Jason

External sub works well for me.

#6085 7 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

So, what do you guys do to keep the subwoofer & shaker motor from rattling your Tron glass silly?

http://flipperfidelity.com/sound/anti-rattle-tape.html

#6087 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Second that, 2 layers

And at the back of the playfield glass where it meets that back channel in the game.

#6088 7 years ago

NEWS, NEWS!!! We can all stop modding our TRON's because a post on the VE thread states" TRON VE WILL BE THE BEST VERSION EVER"!!!!! Flank, why didn't you tell us? Devastating.....

#6089 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

NEWS, NEWS!!! We can all stop modding our TRON's because a post on the VE thread states" TRON VE WILL BE THE BEST VERSION EVER"!!!!! Flank, why didn't you tell us? Devastating.....

INDEED

#6090 7 years ago

That's some serious Koolaid shit going on for sure.....

#6091 7 years ago

any tron-masters knwo where I can go to get directions on mounting and powering the hallmark cycles? I got one in yesterday and the other is in transit. i could figure it out but I dont want to have to think for a few days so cheating is a better option right now.

#6092 7 years ago

I think they made this rental car just for me.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6093 7 years ago

Well fellas, it's been a while and I must admit that I had short but exciting flings with BSD and GOT but this sexy beast is back in my game room. WTF was I thinking letting her go before?!

IMG_20160617_222540010_(resized).jpgIMG_20160617_222540010_(resized).jpg

#6094 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

any tron-masters knwo where I can go to get directions on mounting and powering the hallmark cycles? I got one in yesterday and the other is in transit. i could figure it out but I dont want to have to think for a few days so cheating is a better option right now.

Use this information to open up the hallmark ornaments and short the power button so that it stays on:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-hallmark-light-cycle-tear-down-pictures-to-investigate-led-replacement

After that its just a matter of soldering some wires to the battery compartment and run them to the accessory connector at the front of the machine (make sure you get the polarity correct):
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1802

You can get some ideas for mounting the cycle here (I use hot glue):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wiring-up-hallmark-tron-light-cycles

#6095 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Use this information to open up the hallmark ornaments and short the power button so that it stays on:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-hallmark-light-cycle-tear-down-pictures-to-investigate-led-replacement
After that its just a matter of soldering some wires to the battery compartment and run them to the accessory connector at the front of the machine (make sure you get the polarity correct):

awesome thank you very much norso!

#6096 7 years ago

The biggie is being careful when you pry the back cover off ( gentle, or it will crack...spoken from experience)...

And definitely solder bypass the switch ( don't super glue it)...again from experience...a good solder joint lasts forever, that damn super glue will start to give way and the cycle will flicker ( bugs the shit out of you, then you get mad and break the back cover when you have to take it back off....umm..ratting myself out)..

I obviously "frankensteined" one to get the process down....good luck....mark

#6097 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

If you connect the wires to the Light Cycle insert bulb they will only come on when that mode is started, active or complete.

#6098 7 years ago

I can't even tell what my mods are hooked up to anymore, just a million extra wires running everywhere

#6099 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Edit- I like the look of the middle target bank lit up

That's my mod idea that Mezel sells. You can tell because the carrier is translucent 3d printed plastic instead of black plastic.

#6100 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Second that, 2 layers

Eek! $14.95 + $13.70 for tape! Will look at my current tape collection & the local hardware store first.

Is this a foamy tape?

Thanks,
-Jason

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,633 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/122?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.