(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,262 posts
  • 468 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 395 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(556 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,254 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg

There are 9262 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 186.
#5951 3 years ago

that is sex on 4 legs. so hawt

#5952 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

that is sex on 4 legs. so hawt

I have the light up protectors for the back legs but the power connector is too short so, either find an extension for it or just use on another game. Blue would be great for GOT.......

#5953 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Making a little progress......

OUTSTANDING! Does it go to other colors?

#5954 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

OUTSTANDING! Does it go to other colors?

No, everything I bought is always blue

#5955 3 years ago

damn Flank I like my chrome shooter rod handle, but that lighted blue one is outstanding!

By itself it would not be as cool but with the other lights on legs and buttons it is freaking amazing!

I need a drooling emoji...

#5956 3 years ago

Im a fan of the lit shooter, didnt think I would be, but it is pretty bright really..

20160521_220416_(resized).jpg

#5957 3 years ago

Hi my name is Bryan, I've been Tron free for one day now.

I sold my pimped out Tron yesterday and regret it already. Here's to hoping for the VE later, one of my favorites, can't keep them all unfortunately.

#5958 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Hi my name is Bryan, I've been Tron free for one day now.
I sold my pimped out Tron yesterday and regret it already. Here's to hoping for the VE later, one of my favorites, can't keep them all unfortunately.

Thou's Tron membership blessing is hereby revoked.

#5959 3 years ago
Quoted from ApronOfDestiny:

Thou's Tron membership blessing is hereby revoked.

Here is my man card as well.

I'll try and make it through these tough times playing my Rob Zombie, Ghostbusters LE and Big Lebowski. See ya all later!

#5960 3 years ago

Lets not talk about how much I could've reduced my mortgage principal or how many hours I had to work- let's just celebrate THE SON OF OUR MAAKKEERR.

here it is in the midst of its single and final ownership transition:

image_(resized).jpeg

#5961 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Lets not talk about how much I could've reduced my mortgage principal or how many hours I had to work- let's just celebrate THE SON OF OUR MAAKKEERR.
here it is in the midst of its single and final ownership transition:

Welcome to the family! An LE to boot! Very nice. You won't regret the purchase for sure.

#5962 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'll try and make it through these tough times playing my Rob Zombie, Ghostbusters LE and Big Lebowski. See ya all later!

I want to get my hands all over Gem and Quorra and that's about as likely as you playing all three of those anytime soon!

But at least your dream will come true (eventually)!

#5963 3 years ago

hmm- are there other remixes out there besides retro_p and nosro?

It has End Of Line for Gem hurry up. It has "Outlands" for disc multi ball restart. It has "Disc Wars" for CLU mode. It has "Son Of Flynn" for light cycle multiball. It keeps Quorra stock music for Quorra multiball.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?
If not, I will be forced to make it myself.

#5964 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Making a little progress......

Excellent further enhancement to your deadly machine!!!.....been at Soccerland w my Son this weekend ( came in second), or I would have seen and posted earlier....I'm starting to like the look of those LED leg protectors...( oh nooooo).....

#5965 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm starting to like the look of those LED leg protectors.

I just put in an order for 4 more sets

Edit-----No video, didn't get to finish everything, still need that last flipper bat from Germany. I need another frigging power splitter too. Ha!

#5966 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I just put in an order for 4 more sets
Edit-----No video, didn't get to finish everything, still need that last flipper bat from Germany. I need another frigging power splitter too. Ha!

Dammit....another must have mod.....when does the madness end? ( never, I'm quite sure)......

#5967 3 years ago
Quoted from c508:

damn Flank I like my chrome shooter rod handle, but that lighted blue one is outstanding!

Just a note on that Cointaker light up Shooter rod.....the kit I was sent was missing the supposed sleeve one needs to convert the Stern shooter housing. Pretty disappointed in that. Made for more work, I had a spare Gold B/W housing that I sanded down and sprayed black.

It does look really nice though and seems well constructed.

#5968 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Just a note on that Cointaker light up Shooter rod.....the kit I was sent was missing the supposed sleeve one needs to convert the Stern shooter housing. Pretty disappointed in that. Made for more work, I had a spare Gold B/W housing that I sanded down and sprayed black.

not to pile on cointaker but I have only gotten a few things from them recently and every kit etc there was something wrong. bad shaker motor, no directions on under cabinet lighting, no cycles in my speaker light kit (back order, not really their fault). I think this is pretty consistent with a bunch of aftermarket stuff in this hobby but this stuff is all junk. all that being said the folks at cointaker were really nice which means I will buy from them again.

#5971 3 years ago

still looking for music, I have a lead- itll pan out or I'll just make myself

#5972 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So the only thing I didnt like about the kit was the directions dont really outline how to use the stern housing, you have to remove the brass bushings on each side, which is easiest using a drill bit, just larger than the opening and slowly backing it out.. there just wasnt much to help me with that.. but I got it.. the dicey thing for me is I just got my housing back from chrome and had to be careful..all good tho

#5973 3 years ago

I love my tron glad i got it it was my holy grail Anyone have tron fynn sign mod for sale ?

9f5616b5448b47c069fc3e350203c40581cbb921_(resized).jpg

#5974 3 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

So the only thing I didnt like about the kit was the directions dont really outline how to use the stern housing, you have to remove the brass bushings on each side, which is easiest using a drill bit, just larger than the opening and slowly backing it out.. there just wasnt much to help me with that.. but I got it.. the dicey thing for me is I just got my housing back from chrome and had to be careful..all good tho

Yep, directions were iffy, luckily MK6pin gave me some help.

I just didn't want to blow out the LED which is probably easy to do.

#5975 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

still looking for music, I have a lead- itll pan out or I'll just make myself

Found it, man pinside is an awesome community. When I gradually fell in love with this game, it had everything to do with this custom mix, it's more "movie faithful" than straight up remixed. I believe the only changes vs stock are: DISC WARS for CLU mode, END OF LINE for GEM HRYUP, SON OF FLYNN for LC multiball, ??? for ZUSE FS MODE.

PM me if interested, you won't regret.

#5976 3 years ago

preview, in progress:

preview01_(resized).png

#5977 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

preview, in progress:

Glad that preview includes you wearing pants.

#5978 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

preview, in progress:

That's cool locating the plaque down there.....where did you get the coin inserts (or were they on the machine when you got it)? I only have one...think that disc would look great!!!!

#5979 3 years ago

Mmm tournament button... Need to get me one of those.

#5980 3 years ago

I'm trying to find the specs on the pictured posts for Tron. I'm planning on replacing them with clear rubber posts in the 1 1/16" standard size. However, 2 of the posts entering the right ramp appear "fatter" than the standard version.
Also, the posts next to the "S" Zeus target have 2 stacked post sleeves so I'm wondering if these should be rubber and if so, what size(s) to use to replace them.

Tron2_(resized).jpg

Tron1_(resized).jpg

#5981 3 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

Glad that preview includes you wearing pants.

well lets not get hasty...

#5982 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I'm trying to find the specs on the pictured posts for Tron. I'm planning on replacing them with clear rubber posts in the 1 1/16" standard size. However, 2 of the posts entering the right ramp appear "fatter" than the standard version.
Also, the posts next to the "S" Zeus target have 2 stacked post sleeves so I'm wondering if these should be rubber and if so, what size(s) to use to replace them.

A first note, I think that all four on the ramp there were all the same size, and were that harder plastic version of a sleeve. That lower, fatter one looks to have been replaced with a standard rubber. Mine was NIB, but that was already 6 months ago, and I don't have a 6 month memory.

So, I replaced all of the above with Super Bands Super Posts at 1-1/6" high. The S target ones, though, I'm not happy with how that worked out. I tried cutting down some of my Posts to fit, but they're so rubbery that they eventually end up backing out the screw that hold down the plastic. As I love the SB Posts, I'm going to keep the lower set. Then get some metal standoffs that are the appropriate height to screw in on top of the lower posts, but accept the philips screws to secure the plastic. I think I'll like the look with the standoffs fine, I like the way the SB Posts play, and the screws won't go backing out on me.

#5983 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Tron blows. I picked my avatar because it looks cool. I bought a Tron LE cuz it looks cool. That's where it ends.

Wow a Rob T sighting!!! I personally haven't seen you post in a long time. Good to see you around!!

#5984 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's cool locating the plaque down there.....where did you get the coin inserts (or were they on the machine when you got it)? I only have one...think that disc would look great!!!!

I relocate plaques to my coin door because I get my speaker panels custom painted, and because I think it looks cool there.

here's the link to the coin insert papers. I had to remove the inserts from machine to be able to fight with the e clips. Make sure you have a 3/16" nut driver and make sure you understand that the nuts/screws holding the coin insert can be shorter than those holding the coin mechs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-coin-reject-inserts-for-modern-sterns-10-games

#5985 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I relocate plaques to my coin door because I get my speaker panels custom painted, and because I think it looks cool there.
here's the link to the coin insert papers. I had to remove the inserts from machine to be able to fight with the e clips. Make sure you have a 3/16" nut driver and make sure you understand that the nuts/screws holding the coin insert can be shorter than those holding the coin mechs.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-coin-reject-inserts-for-modern-sterns-10-games

I found out the hard way, by putting a coin mech screw through the front of one my coin insert housings.

#5986 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Mmm tournament button... Need to get me one of those.

don't know if you're being sarcastic to be honest...
I actually don't like it and will remove it to replace with a black one eventually.

#5987 3 years ago

Clear rubber on the left and blue rubber on the right. Seeing which one I like better.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#5988 3 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Clear rubber on the left and blue rubber on the right. Seeing which one I like better.

How did you get the flippers to light up ? looks awesome

#5989 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I would think from intense playing

#5990 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

German technology. Same kit Centerflank got for his game. Really cool when you set it to fade to different colors all the time.

Quoted from bangerjay:

I would think from intense playing

My hands still hurt from PAPA! Still not brighter than Lionman!

#5991 3 years ago

WCW is upon us....... Yori was just so damn hot back in the day

tron__1982__rare_still_by_kriegdersterne77-d511swb_(resized).jpg

#5992 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#5994 3 years ago

Sweet!!!.....that Apron is killer!!!

#5995 3 years ago

Yellow and blue coin slots are a nice touch!

#5996 3 years ago

What, no PDI glass? Speaker panel is intriguing.

#5997 3 years ago

Even I have to tip my hat to the awesome of that apron RandomKG!! That thing is smokin!!

#5998 3 years ago
Quoted from alexred:

What, no PDI glass? Speaker panel is intriguing.

waiting PDI glass inventory. I took the panel to a local art supply store and asked around "hey who can paint, I have a simple but cool job request"

#5999 3 years ago

Just got a personal best and got to SOS at work yesterday on our TRON during a playtest of all things. It had all/only Powerballs which made it hella fast and fun.

I have dreams of making a "Jeff Bridges Wall" in my future home arcade. Iron Man, TRON and The Big Lebowski.

#6000 3 years ago

You can crush the gem shot with power balls. I need to get one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 399.95
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 9262 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside