(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,262 posts
  • 468 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 395 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(556 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,254 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg

There are 9262 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 186.
#5901 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think Flank had some bare metal and black sets sourced awhile back for guys on the thread. These were just laser cut, so you would have to add the EL paper yourself (look back a few pages). Gio @ pinball refinery may still offer in chrome w the paper included (that's where mine came from... changed the paper out as it dims over time).
Replacing just the ramps and hinges (without EL lighting) is pretty straightforward. Adding the paper? another story, and can be quite the pita to do it right.
If you are going to use bare metal and do the whole thing, prepare to invest a good bit of time and $$$, regardless.

thanks man. I don't know what EL paper is. I also would only be interested in the chrome versions. checked refinery's site and they are not on it. I will give them a call

#5902 3 years ago

INCOMING!

I'm in agreement with another great member of the community to pickup an LE in a cpl wks. It has a chance to dethrone my fully done-up BSM and TWDLE as "nicest" in my collection. Accumulating upgrades now. Target finish date mid June.

This was a fringe game for me for all 3 yrs or so that I've been in pinball and I eventually simply couldn't resist even with the astronomical pricing.

#5903 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

thanks man. I don't know what EL paper is. I also would only be interested in the chrome versions. checked refinery's site and they are not on it. I will give them a call

Centerflank was trying to get a group in on new laser cut tron rails. PM him about it. It was a page or 2 back he mentioned it.

#5904 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Centerflank was trying to get a group in on new laser cut tron rails. PM him about it. It was a page or 2 back he mentioned it.

cool. thanks man! I will do that...

#5905 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

INCOMING!
I'm in agreement with another great member of the community to pickup an LE in a cpl wks. It has a chance to dethrone my fully done-up BSM and TWDLE as "nicest" in my collection. Accumulating upgrades now. Target finish date mid June.
This was a fringe game for me for all 3 yrs or so that I've been in pinball and I eventually simply couldn't resist even with the astronomical pricing.

BAMM!!!! congrats!!....yes it immediately takes it's place at the top........welcome!!!!....mark

#5906 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

TRON is by far the best subwoofer add on game, Ive played quite a few with woofers and nothing has come close.....

That's DAFT PUNK for ya! Best...music...evar!

Got a sub/soundbar on mine. Love it!

#5907 3 years ago

Dude...wtf! I just finished a few rounds of Tron and decided to check on pinside top 100. Tron at 25! "SHAME... SHAME..." That top 100 sucks BIG TIME!

#5908 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Dude...wtf! I just finished a few rounds of Tron and decided to check on pinside top 100. Tron at 25! "SHAME... SHAME..." That top 100 sucks BIG TIME!

The ratings are just plain stupid

Quoted from northvibe:

Another round of rails is looking like a no go, I'll update those that Ive talked to if it changes.

#5909 3 years ago

Love Tron

20160501_172345_(resized).jpg

20160501_172409_(resized).jpg

#5910 3 years ago

Haven't been to the clubhouse for a while. Nice to see a bunch of new members. Nothing to report. Tron rules. I'm thinking of laser cut rails that read like this.. TRONLEgacy.. or not.
Carry on.

#5911 3 years ago

Hey flank. after looking closer at the rails and hinges I am going to pass. I thought I might be able to do something cool there but it would require too much modification. reading your last post its all probably a moot point anyway. installed the under cab flashers and a couple of spots on the toys on the back (cant find the blue hallmark cycle) that are sitting on the new glowing edge plastics. Looks pretty good. today the (next) shaker and speaker light kits arrive. Just ordered the anti dmd glare kit from comet too. Next decision is replacing the orange dmd. i've seen the color but 400 is too much. anyone here have the xpin in white? what do you think?

#5912 3 years ago

My new Tron Topper

20160512_213916_(resized).jpg

#5913 3 years ago

I have a new in the box Tron ramp for sale, bought from Marco for $150,

$110 shipped
(this is the left side main ramp, that feeds the right inlane)

#5914 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Next decision is replacing the orange dmd. i've seen the color but 400 is too much. anyone here have the xpin in white? what do you think?

Dude, if you have a Tron then you're already in for thousands. Why would you cut yourself short over $400 + shipping? The ColorDMD looks awesome man. Zero regrets here. In fact, all of my machines (Tron, Johnny, Simpsons) have ColorDMD and honestly the worst thing you have to worry about is becoming addicted to ColorDMD. Games without color just lose something now

#5915 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Hey flank. after looking closer at the rails and hinges I am going to pass. I thought I might be able to do something cool there but it would require too much modification. reading your last post its all probably a moot point anyway. installed the under cab flashers and a couple of spots on the toys on the back (cant find the blue hallmark cycle) that are sitting on the new glowing edge plastics. Looks pretty good. today the (next) shaker and speaker light kits arrive. Just ordered the anti dmd glare kit from comet too. Next decision is replacing the orange dmd. i've seen the color but 400 is too much. anyone here have the xpin in white? what do you think?

Ok 400 is a lot but it will get you a great experience and upgrade to your machine. You can also get a red filter, mine has that and looks great. You just got the machine and are anxious to alter things but just play it first some time and then decide what to go for. In 6 month the 400 dollar does not seems to be so much?

#5916 3 years ago

Whatha....
image_(resized).jpg

#5917 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Ok 400 is a lot but it will get you a great experience and upgrade to your machine. You can also get a red filter, mine has that and looks great. You just got the machine and are anxious to alter things but just play it first some time and then decide what to go for. In 6 month the 400 dollar does not seems to be so much?

yup I am gonna sit tight on the display for now. i just added a shaker, speaker lights and under cab flashers. i should save a few mods for later to freshen things up rather than blowing my whole mod-wad right now...

#5918 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

yup I am gonna sit tight on the display for now. i just added a shaker, speaker lights and under cab flashers. i should save a few mods for later to freshen things up rather than blowing my whole mod-wad right now...

mod veteran here, yet Tron noob. when I get my LE, does it have a stock shaker, if not does it already include wiring for one?

#5919 3 years ago

No shaker but everything's in place for it. Be sure to have a powered sub onhand

#5921 3 years ago

Where's the best source for broken plastics? Noticed today ( while cleaning the play-field) that I've got a broken one up at the top right corner, behind orbit . I blame it on the clear disc, but more likely happened when I lifted the playfield without taking the balls out ( yes, a lazy habit that I have on occasion)...

#5922 3 years ago

Whoever brought Tron to PinaGoGo, THANK YOU. Wish the disk was functioning on Sunday, but thank you for its presence among all those other things that were set up in the room. IMG_00004299_(resized).jpg

IMG_00004300_(resized).jpg

#5923 3 years ago

STOKED! I thought these Flynn's signs no longer existed. What a "come-up" at PinaGoGo!
THANK YOU Borygard!
IMG_00004317_(resized).jpg

#5924 3 years ago

When did the brick sticker start being put on?

#5925 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have had mine for two years with the brick, did these come in solid black?

#5926 3 years ago

Nice Pop Bumbers on the playfield

#5927 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

At first I was eluded to the thought of the lit up Flynn's sign because there was already a Flynn's sign on the playfield plastic, but when I spotted the replacement plastic with Space Paranoids on it, I reconsidered.
Maybe the first set of Flynn's signs didn't come with brick or replacement plastic?
tron-legacy-20100402093827017-000_(resized).jpg

#5928 3 years ago

Space Paranoids kinda got me thinking.....

Blog_Paper_Toy_papertoy_Space_Paranoids_template_(resized).jpg

#5929 3 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I have had mine for two years with the brick, did these come in solid black?

Ya nvm mine has bricks. Totally thought it didn't.

#5930 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Space Paranoids kinda got me thinking.....

Do eeet

#5931 3 years ago

party time

#5932 3 years ago

Gonna get real now!!! Tip on the shooter rod...use your original barrel spring...I've got these on all my machines, and the one included in this kit is too stiff...won't let the rod plunge correctly.....anxious to see this bad boy now!!!

#5933 3 years ago

HOLEY MOLEY!!

what.... no legendary encom logo clear light up flipper bats??

you slippin... you slippin ?

#5934 3 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

HOLEY MOLEY!!
what.... no legendary encom logo clear light up flipper bats??
you slippin... you slippin ?

You have a 3d printer? Make me some Encom logos

I have all the parts now except the upper flipper LED bat the German dude forgot to send......too tired from work today to start installing stuff, Ill get it all done and have a video ready by sunday night!

#5935 3 years ago

TRON Run/r Original Soundtrack to be released on May 31

The TRON Run/r soundtrack, composed by Giorgio Moroder and co-composed by Raney Shockne, is getting a release date of May 31st.
In a statement by Christopher Nicholls, executive producer, he says "TRON spans several decades of really innovative music, whether it's Wendy Carlos in the first film or Daft Punk. So we wanted an artist who could really span those generations in a legitimate way. If you go back to the sound of original electro disco in the '70s, Giorgio is right at the heart of it. He's been pushing electronic music his whole career. We wanted to nod to the first film as well as the later incarnations of the series."

TRON Run/r Original Soundtrack track list:

01. RUN PROGRAM – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
02. RUN PROGRAM (BIBIO REMIX) - Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
03. RECURSION – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
04. INVALID PATH – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
05. INVALID PATH (DARKSTAR REMIX) – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
06. DELTA ANTLIAE (INVALID PATH revisited - NICHOLLS REMIX) – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne DELTA ANTLIAE (PATTEN REMIX) – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
07. 611 TIME OUT – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
08. 611 TIME OUT (AUTECHRE REMIX) – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
09. DECRYPTED – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
10. MEMORY STRING – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
11. MEMORY STRING (PLAID REMIX) – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
12. PARTIY ERROR – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
13. PARITY ERROR (RUSKO REMIX) – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne

#5936 3 years ago

has anyone played the RUN/R game yet?? curious how it is?

Quoted from labnip:

TRON Run/r Original Soundtrack to be released on May 31
The TRON Run/r soundtrack, composed by Giorgio Moroder and co-composed by Raney Shockne, is getting a release date of May 31st.
In a statement by Christopher Nicholls, executive producer, he says "TRON spans several decades of really innovative music, whether it's Wendy Carlos in the first film or Daft Punk. So we wanted an artist who could really span those generations in a legitimate way. If you go back to the sound of original electro disco in the '70s, Giorgio is right at the heart of it. He's been pushing electronic music his whole career. We wanted to nod to the first film as well as the later incarnations of the series."
TRON Run/r Original Soundtrack track list:
01. RUN PROGRAM – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
02. RUN PROGRAM (BIBIO REMIX) - Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
03. RECURSION – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
04. INVALID PATH – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
05. INVALID PATH (DARKSTAR REMIX) – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
06. DELTA ANTLIAE (INVALID PATH revisited - NICHOLLS REMIX) – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne DELTA ANTLIAE (PATTEN REMIX) – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
07. 611 TIME OUT – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
08. 611 TIME OUT (AUTECHRE REMIX) – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
09. DECRYPTED – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
10. MEMORY STRING – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
11. MEMORY STRING (PLAID REMIX) – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
12. PARTIY ERROR – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne
13. PARITY ERROR (RUSKO REMIX) – Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne

#5937 3 years ago

hey guys, easy one here:

Tron LE came with LEDs for inserts from the factory or not ?
how about for GI ?

I'm thinking I need yet another LEDOCD board for the inserts...

#5938 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

hey guys, easy one here:
how about for GI ?

GI's are incandescent from the factory but the inserts are the little led boards if I remember correctly.

#5939 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

hey guys, easy one here:
how about for GI ?

LEDOCD board doesn't work ( or needed) for the inserts on the LE ( LED boards factory installed)....Flank is correct......

#5940 3 years ago

What do you guys think i should do for my pinball life flipper rubber colors ? I was thinking black flipper bats with blue/orange and yellow for top left ? I also got lasseriffic flipper toppers too. Right now i have orange and yellow flipper rubbers.

#5941 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

What do you guys think i should do for my pinball life flipper rubber colors ? I was thinking black flipper bats with blue/orange and yellow for top left ? I also got lasseriffic flipper toppers too. Right now i have orange and yellow flipper rubbers.

a word of caution from one man's experience. I had gold aftermarket flipper bats on my iron man. they never fit quite right, or felt quite right. they weren't firmly into place so I couldn't get consistent dead bounces, etc. I eventually took them off and compared them to the yellow stock, the shaft and flippers themselves were NOTICEABLY smaller and thus allowed vibration while also making the game harder for drains down the middle. Just what IM needed right? just saying- check for size comparison against the stock sterns anytime you are going to install non stock flipper bats. I of course stuck with the stock bats...and am now scarred ever since, terrified to try aftermarket bats.

again, one man's story. I mod everything as much as possible but never if it impacts gameplay...

#5942 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

a word of caution from one man's experience. I had gold aftermarket flipper bats on my iron man. they never fit quite right, or felt quite right. they weren't firmly into place so I couldn't get consistent dead bounces, etc. I eventually took them off and compared them to the yellow stock, the shaft and flippers themselves were NOTICEABLY smaller and thus allowed vibration while also making the game harder for drains down the middle. Just what IM needed right? just saying- check for size comparison against the stock sterns anytime you are going to install non stock flipper bats. I of course stuck with the stock bats...and am now scarred ever since, terrified to try aftermarket bats.
again, one man's story. I mod everything as much as possible but never if it impacts gameplay...

Completely agree on the bats...I've had bad luck, as well...as far as the rubber, I like Titan colors, and have been avoiding black totally, but that's just me....

#5943 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

thx for info ill check that b4 i install them and there were from pinball life. What about colors of rubbers ? i personally like perfectplay rubbers from pinball life. But like titan for rubber rings ect

#5944 3 years ago

Regarding rubber colors, this might help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tron-flipper-bats

#5945 3 years ago

I think I've asked this before but does anyone know a source for the "-09" plastic on Tron? Mine cracked so I need a new one and don't really wanna buy a whole extra plastic set if I can avoid it. PM me if you have an extra or know where to get one!

Screen_Shot_2016-05-20_at_11.55.34_AM_(resized).png

Screen_Shot_2016-05-20_at_11.57.45_AM_(resized).png

#5946 3 years ago

where do you buy the clear spinning disc rubber? my first one flew off yesterday. I had another in the bag when I bought it but if this is going to continue I need some on hand.

probably old news but i lit up the scoop with a 1.5 inch standoff, blue no-lense led and standard light socket for about 3.50 in parts. Also had an extra 7 led strip in red from comet that I applied to the inside of the motor assy to light up the motorized target cavity. 3.95. shoulda taken pics

#5947 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

where do you buy the clear spinning disc rubber? my first one flew off yesterday. I had another in the bag when I bought it but if this is going to continue I need some on hand.
probably old news but i lit up the scoop with a 1.5 inch standoff, blue no-lense led and standard light socket for about 3.50 in parts. Also had an extra 7 led strip in red from comet that I applied to the inside of the motor assy to light up the motorized target cavity. 3.95. shoulda taken pics

Try pinbalcenter.de for the clear disc. Some here swear with 3M adhesive to put on that and lock it thight for 24 hours, that seems to be the recipe.

#5948 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Try pinbalcenter.de for the clear disc. Some here swear with 3M adhesive to put on that and lock it thight for 24 hours, that seems to be the recipe.

thanks just ordered them! 24 hours? how would you wait to play tron for 24 hours? they must have two trons then

#5949 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

thanks just ordered them! 24 hours? how would you wait to play tron for 24 hours? they must have two trons then

yup

#5950 3 years ago

Making a little progress......

IMG_1394_(resized).jpgIMG_1393_(resized).jpgIMG_1391_(resized).jpgIMG_1390_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Indianapolis, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 9262 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside