(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,251 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 394 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg
6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg
16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg
6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg
F91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpeg
391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg
D8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg
961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg
69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg
B2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2387 (resized).jpeg
9FA77E18-CAA0-4EAA-A751-867C30FDA061 (resized).jpeg
20190810_102415 (resized).jpg

There are 9251 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 186.
#5701 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Head for the showers 'Zilla--cause the only thing badder than Lightning Kitty---is TRON!

images_(resized).jpeg

Lol, Zilla is gonna get his ass handed to him.

#5702 3 years ago

So i've read about 50% of the pages on this thread. (yes i was board). The only couple of questions that i have are :

1. My slingshots are shooting the ball perfectly down the outlanes (both sides, tried adjusting outlanes by putting them on rookie mode) i would say 50% of my out lane drains are because of this. should i be shaking my machine or is it a setup problem. I've also noticed that my disk doesn't toss the ball around nearly as much as most of the videos in here.

2. when i was cleaning up the machine the first time. i have a pretty gnarly dirt line coming out of the arcade scoop, how should i go about getting that funk off. Nov 2 ain't doing the trick.

3. what kind of pf wax should i be using.

thanks in advance new friends, and if this is the wrong area to post this please let me know i will delete and move to appropriate area

Update :

When I get home from work this morning I was looking at my right ramp and noticed that my ramp is actually broke on both sides. I will need to replace the ramp : ( , never had anything to compare it to. can I go with an LE ramp so I wont have to drill holes?

#5703 3 years ago
Quoted from Justbringit9282:

Update :
When I get home from work this morning I was looking at my right ramp and noticed that my ramp is actually broke on both sides. I will need to replace the ramp : ( , never had anything to compare it to. can I go with an LE ramp so I wont have to drill holes?

Depending on the damage to the ramp you could fit a protector set to cover the damage. My left ramp was cracked so I recently fitted a set.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/tron.htm

#5704 3 years ago

sounds like a plan ill give that a try first

#5705 3 years ago
Quoted from Justbringit9282:

So i've read about 50% of the pages on this thread. (yes i was board). The only couple of questions that i have are :
1. My slingshots are shooting the ball perfectly down the outlanes (both sides, tried adjusting outlanes by putting them on rookie mode) i would say 50% of my out lane drains are because of this. should i be shaking my machine or is it a setup problem. I've also noticed that my disk doesn't toss the ball around nearly as much as most of the videos in here.
2. when i was cleaning up the machine the first time. i have a pretty gnarly dirt line coming out of the arcade scoop, how should i go about getting that funk off. Nov 2 ain't doing the trick.
3. what kind of pf wax should i be using.
thanks in advance new friends, and if this is the wrong area to post this please let me know i will delete and move to appropriate area
Update :

1. My machine doesn't do that. Try cleaning the disk for starters. This works well for me: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2651
2. Novus 2 actually worked very well for me on this.
3. I had very good luck with Turtle Wax Ice where other waxes have failed for the unique grime coming from the spinning disc: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp?tq=wax&tu#post-3000838

I find it interesting that Tron has some unique grime-protection needs.

#5706 3 years ago

Thank you sir

#5707 3 years ago

Could quick ?'s...should you be able to backhand the left ramp from a cradle? Where in the menu do you reset the high scores? TIA

#5708 3 years ago

I am able to backhand the left ramp from the left flipper, but not consistently.

High scores:
Service -> Util -> Reset -> HSTD and Service -> Util Reset -> GC

#5709 3 years ago

Flank.....it's TRON time....people starting to show....I'm prepared:

image_(resized).jpeg

#5710 3 years ago

TBL buyers survey says

image_(resized).jpeg

#5711 3 years ago

Im still trying to finish the Newcastle barrel! Drink it up tonight TRONclub!

Wrong Thread

#5712 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im still trying to finish the Newcastle barrel! Drink it up tonight TRONclub!
Wrong Thread

And a directive from the Op!!!....I will make it happen.....IMVE getting the hell played out of it right now , but it's definitely early...

#5713 3 years ago

Ha! Just fits.

I'm getting flanked tonight!

#5714 3 years ago

Finally installed my new rails and hinges today but decided to replace the blue and orange insert colors with aluminum HVAC tape to give it a chrome like effect.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#5715 3 years ago
Quoted from S3G:

Finally installed my new rails and hinges today but decided to replace the blue and orange insert colors with aluminum HVAC tape to give it a chrome like effect.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Fantastique! I did some pewter/stainless steel looking paper my wife had laying around on my GoT rails. TRON on!

TRON=GOT

#5716 3 years ago

Having a few drams of Johnnie Blue tonite to celebrate the new look my Tron is now sporting.

image_(resized).jpeg

#5717 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Fantastique! I did some pewter/stainless steel looking paper my wife had laying around on my GoT rails. TRON on!
TRON=GOT

Looks great! Those GoT rails are heavy duty for sure.

#5718 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So you've got your GOT ? It looks amazing. Good choice going with the Premium, definitely my favorite !

#5719 3 years ago
Quoted from marcd:

So you've got your GOT ? It looks amazing. Good choice going with the Premium, definitely my favorite !

It was an odd 5 month wait from Stern, whateves.....the Clear is freaking awesome on it. I dunno if this is the slowdown from the pf manufacturer and Stern is slow rolling games out now but there is a huge improvement over games I have bought in the past.

#5720 3 years ago

80's flashback sticker

image_(resized).jpg

#5721 3 years ago

well i'm about to join the grid landed a nice tron pro in trade. Can anyone tell me about sound mods ?

#5722 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

well i'm about to join the grid landed a nice tron pro in trade. Can anyone tell me about sound mods ?

There is a real nice remix for LE and Pro, made with pinball browser and the Remix album from Daft Punk. There are various topics on this - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-music-replacement-work-in-progress#post-2943270

For myself, I did not change anything. The original soundtrack is already really nice.

#5723 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

And get a subwoofer attached to it. The beginning of light cycle requires it.

#5724 3 years ago

It REALLY does.

#5725 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

There's another music remix here (not mine): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-music-remix-video-made-with-pinball-browser

Obviously, I'm biased as to which one is better (mine: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-music-replacement-work-in-progress
), but how awesome is it that Tron has two remixes to choose from?

#5726 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

There's another music remix here (not mine): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-music-remix-video-made-with-pinball-browser
Obviously, I'm biased as to which one is better (mine: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-music-replacement-work-in-progress
), but how awesome is it that Tron has two remixes to choose from?

Awesome thx for the info

#5727 3 years ago

Im integrating clubs, join in, if you don't have the 4 it doesn't matter.....Lets party!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4-horsemen-of-the-apocalypse#post-3075833

#5728 3 years ago

Just thought I would share our new Bladeskins and PinBlades designs for TRON

Screen_Shot_2016-04-04_at_1.44.40_AM_(resized).png

Screen_Shot_2016-04-04_at_1.44.27_AM_(resized).png

Screen_Shot_2016-04-04_at_1.44.17_AM_(resized).png

Screen_Shot_2016-04-04_at_1.44.04_AM_(resized).png

Screen_Shot_2016-04-04_at_1.43.52_AM_(resized).png

#5729 3 years ago

FullSizeRender4_(resized).jpg

FullSizeRender3_(resized).jpg

FullSizeRender2_(resized).jpg

FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg

#5730 3 years ago

Anyone know what the name of the song they used for this video

Also the pinblads look awesome are ready to order yet ?

#5731 3 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Just thought I would share our new Bladeskins and PinBlades designs for TRON

Screen_Shot_2016-04-04_at_1.44.40_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-04-04_at_1.44.27_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-04-04_at_1.44.17_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-04-04_at_1.44.04_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-04-04_at_1.43.52_AM_(resized).png

I hope that is the pair that I just ordered from you...

#5732 3 years ago

I have PinGraphics on 3 of my games and they are far superior to other Pinblades ive had. 100% thumbs up!! Unfortunately I have Black Mirror's but if I didn't Id buy these in a heart beat

#5734 3 years ago

Silly Flank... don't you mean this?

Go big or go home!

TRON[1]_(resized).jpg

TRON[2]_(resized).jpg

#5735 3 years ago

I'm holding out for one with an Atari 720 joystick and some of those giant punchable buttons the early Street Fighters had

#5736 3 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Go big or go home!

That thing is beautiful!

#5737 3 years ago

Guys, my transparent disk-rubber came loose, what is the best way to fix? (in such way that the rubber can be removed once worn out as well)
Any experiance here?

Thanks!

#5738 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Guys, my transparent disk-rubber came loose, what is the best way to fix? (in such way that the rubber can be removed once worn out as well)
Any experiance here?
Thanks!

I would get some get adhesive remover and strip off all the subpar adhesive off pad/plate.

Then grab a good can of industrial strength adhesive spray and have at it (acid free if you can find it) but most of those have acid, I don't think its too big a deal, disc pad is probably going to wear out before the acid weakens anything (pad-pad plate).

Contact Cement would work great too from what others have posted, just make sure you really clean the disc pad plate so it has a clean surface to bond to, you could even scuff it up a bit with some fine sand paper if you want to get nutty.....

#5739 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

you could even scuff it up a bit with some fine sand paper if you want to get nutty.....

I poked a few holes in my "German Clear" to give it a nice GRIP (make sure you have plastic protectors).
IMG_0628_(resized).JPG

#5740 3 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Silly Flank... don't you mean this?
Go big or go home!

TRON[1]_(resized).jpgTRON[2]_(resized).jpg

Man, I don't want anything that big in my house, I don't know if that would even fit in the front door!....Very sweet looking though.......

I think guys are crazy when they have those sit down racers in their house or even the larger ball rollers.

Quoted from PaulCoff:

I poked a few holes in my "German Clear" to give it a nice GRIP (make sure you have plastic protectors).
IMG_0628_(resized).JPG

So, you ah, like to poke your meat?

#5741 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So, you ah, like to poke your meat?

If it will get me some Tron Breakaway and "Gone to Plaid" Speed, then YES.

#5742 3 years ago

Tronbros,

My Arcade Cabinet screen is not working, lights up ( joystick, bezel and flasher all good ) has anyone ever experienced a fault of the similar nature that could shed some light on how to get it working again.

As quoted replacing the screen will cost me $130 + shipment and by the time I get this shipped to Australia then I might as well purchase a new one when they produce more units.

Thanks.

#5743 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

If it will get me some Tron Breakaway and "Gone to Plaid" Speed, then YES.

Pm nimble pin on the plaid

#5744 3 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Tronbros,
My Arcade Cabinet screen is not working, lights up ( joystick, bezel and flasher all good ) has anyone ever experienced a fault of the similar nature that could shed some light on how to get it working again.
As quoted replacing the screen will cost me $130 + shipment and by the time I get this shipped to Australia then I might as well purchase a new one when they produce more units.
Thanks.

Pull it apart, prob a solder point

#5745 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Pull it apart, prob a solder point

To ezy, ill open her up and take a look.

#5746 3 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Tronbros,
Thanks.

loose power cable to the oled board inside the arcade cabinet.
it happens

#5747 3 years ago

My guess would be the z connector has wiggled a little loose.

#5748 3 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

shed some light on how to get it working again.

Check ribbon cables. There's a bunch, but sometimes they go bad.

#5749 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, cables and connectors all checked. I'll remove it from the pin and do a thorough check.

I'll have a sus at it later on tonight.

Thanks.

#5750 3 years ago

Thank you for the advise CF! I ll see what I can find...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 9251 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside