(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,273 posts
  • 469 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by insx
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 396 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(557 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,255 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C3274E82-5928-4425-80FC-82E5869342BA (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg

There are 9273 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 186.
#5651 3 years ago

THAT's ME!!!

#5652 3 years ago

Why would ever drop the shot into the beer?...I just do the shot then chase w beer, wash, rinse, repeat, until I get fuzzy....

Might have to open it up and change the orange LED's to blue...

Any other mod ideas?....Labnip?

#5653 3 years ago

Lightning kitty

#5654 3 years ago

Do I feel a (Lionman!) coming on?

#5655 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Do I feel a (Lionman!) coming on?

I don't believe one is able to post those words without a stern warning from the upper management.

#5656 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I don't believe one is able to post those words without a stern warning from the upper management.

Then why give me 50 achievement points for owning and caressing a lion... Upper management should give us a google plex of achievement points for owning TRON

#5657 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Then why give me 50 achievement points for owning and caressing a lion... Upper management should give us a google plex of achievement points for owning TRON

You bought a lion? That's bad ass!

#5658 3 years ago

Just got back from a weekend long Wondercon in LA. Picked up a Tron Identity Disk and some sort of Droid. Couldn't find Quora or I would have posted a pic.IMG_00004136_(resized).jpg

#5659 3 years ago

Let's see some pics of you holding the identity disc lit up with your TRON outfit on.

#5660 3 years ago

I feel shame for posting this but i heard they might be making a star wars pin

image_(resized).jpeg

#5661 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

with your TRON outfit on.

Ha.. Not a Cosplay person. Only there for comic art and spotting the latest trends. TRON is always a solid icon with Users and Programs. "I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day..."

#5662 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Ha.. Not a Cosplay person. Only there for comic art and spotting the latest trends. TRON is always a solid icon with Users and Programs. "I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day..."

What's an ID disc going for these days? Would make a fun topper.

#5663 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What's an ID disc going for these days?

They are there, but never checked on prices. Mine is a record with daft punk songs. Tons of exhibitors are making some sick custom sabers with crazy specs!

IMG_00004102_(resized).jpg
IMG_00004101_(resized).jpg
IMG_00004105_(resized).jpg

#5664 3 years ago

F. Double post

#5665 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Very, very, very nice setup.....glad you have TRON back in there!!!

thanks cant wait for the rest of my mods to show up. got a LE apron having it powdered orange with blue cut outs. the apron has 2 holes in the front for lights. do people add lights there? where do the blue triangle flasher hook up.

#5666 3 years ago

The small holes in the front

image_(resized).jpeg

#5667 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

thanks cant wait for the rest of my mods to show up. got a LE apron having it powdered orange with blue cut outs. the apron has 2 holes in the front for lights. do people add lights there? where do the blue triangle flasher hook up.

Someone sells a flasher kit for the apron, I think I bought mine from PBL, not sure if he still sells them...

#5668 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

How about lower management ?

#5669 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Someone sells a flasher kit for the apron, I think I bought mine from PBL, not sure if he still sells them...

Robert at hookedonpinball has some (I think)
http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/c10/Tron.html

#5670 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find a Chrome Stern armor for a decent price ? The one at pinballdecals is quite expensive and pinballrefinery has been out of stock for months. It could be a used one if some LE owner upgraded his with the laser cut ones.

#5671 3 years ago

For the pro that isn't the correct apron in Tattman's pic

TRON apron has 2 slots at the bottom and didn't have the 2 circular cutouts but I suppose you could modify things, either way you will have to drill into your pf

image_(resized).jpeg

#5672 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

For the pro that isn't the correct apron in Tattman's pic
TRON apron has 2 slots at the bottom and didn't have the 2 circular cutouts but I suppose you could modify things, either way you will have to drill into your pf
image_(resized).jpeg

yes that is the newer style LE apron. I drilled two holes in the playfield.

#5673 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

yes that is the newer style LE apron. I drilled two holes in the playfield.

Even the older style one had to drill 4 holes anyway for those flat bar pieces the apron slides over......so yeah......you gonna try doing flashers straight out those 2 holes? I know my Metallica has the flasher sockets riveted to the apron insert plastics, cant remember how Avengers had them mounted....

#5674 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

The small holes in the front

image_(resized).jpeg

My LE Apron doesn't have those holes in the front, but does have the slits for sliding through the metal guides (which are attached to playfield) My flashers fire through the lenses, but cant remember how the bulb socket if mounted (I'll have to look tonight...I changed them to some killer LED's but been some time ago....

I've never seen those round holes on an apron before....how does that attach to PF in the front ?

(fwiw, the last LE apron I bought was raw from Terry, and had to punch a center hole for EL lit emblem on my IM upfit)...curious about yours......

#5675 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My LE Apron doesn't have those holes in the front, but does have the slits for sliding through the metal guides (which are attached to playfield) My flashers fire through the lenses, but cant remember how the bulb socket if mounted (I'll have to look tonight...I changed them to some killer LED's but been some time ago....
I've never seen those round holes on an apron before....how does that attach to PF in the front ?
(fwiw, the last LE apron I bought was raw from Terry, and had to punch a center hole for EL lit emblem on my IM upfit)...curious about yours......

Apron flasher sockets on Xmen and Tron were just screwed into the play field below the apron insert. I believe Avengers was the first apron style to have the flasher sockets pointed directly out those 2 round cutouts.

#5676 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Apron flasher sockets on Xmen and Tron were just screwed into the play field below the apron insert. I believe Avengers was the first apron style to have the flasher sockets pointed directly out those 2 round cutouts.

Thanks for some pin knowledge , Flank....id never seen ( or noticed, because I've played Avengers) those holes before. They're not on my LE, and my flashers are just screwed into playfield, firing up into the lenses....how is it secured in the front without the slits and metal guides?

#5677 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thanks for some pin knowledge , Flank....id never seen ( or noticed, because I've played Avengers) those holes before. They're not on my LE, and my flashers are just screwed into playfield, firing up into the lenses....how is it secured in the front without the slits and metal guides?

Drilled 2 holes in playfield. Then there are nuts on the bottom.

#5678 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Drilled 2 holes in playfield. Then there are nuts on the bottom.

Got it.....thanks for info ( I'll bet flashers firing from those 2 holes will look deadly!!!) I will stash this info in the pinball side of my brain for future reference ( limited ram left though....Ill probably forget by next week)

#5679 3 years ago

Throwing a soiree with some 55+ non-pinheads this weekend. Giving away cheesy prizes for best scores on each pin. Any guesses on how many plays Tron gets?

Winner gets a camping trip with centerflank!

#5680 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

In that case, I guess 3,245,654.

#5681 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Throwing a soiree with some 55+ non-pinheads this weekend. Giving away cheesy prizes for best scores on each pin. Any guesses on how many plays Tron gets?

Spring is here! I love Camp

#5682 3 years ago

Look what just arrived!! Thanks Mike!! You than man!!!

WP_20160330_21_12_41_Pro_(resized).jpg

#5683 3 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Look what just arrived!! Thanks Mike!! You than man!!!

WP_20160330_21_12_41_Pro_(resized).jpg

Spare Paranoids or original Flynn's plastic? Discuss.

I went for the Space Paranoids because the full size Flynn's sign overpowers the smaller plastic. Plus a directional RED flasher underneath, angled up and slightly away, makes it look like the recogniser is 'firing'.

#5684 3 years ago

First time to portal today. No idea what I was doing but it sure was a lot of fun. Love the soundtrack also.

#5685 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I went for the Space Paranoids because the full size Flynn's sign overpowers the smaller plastic. Plus a directional RED flasher underneath, angled up and slightly away, makes it look like the recogniser is 'firing'.

I put the space paranoids plastic in mine, looks great with a blue flasher underneath.

#5686 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I am going to do the Space Paranoids as well. Looks cool. Just need some time to install. I got my Pinbits plastics and Upgrade Speakers in as well so ill be busy this weekend

#5687 3 years ago

Flanks future wife

#5688 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Flanks future wife

Good grief!!!....just when you think it can't get better!!!....

Been working on my WCS all night, installing Mike Chestnut brass ( badass!!!)

Grabbed a couple beers, settling in to checkout Pinside, and find this pic on my favorite thread.....life doesn't suck....

#5689 3 years ago

Btw, I'm going to start a thread for guesses on most play for the yearly Soccer player/ parent party.....TRONLE has won both previous years, but a hidden threat in the other room....IMVE......we shall see.....Ill find something for a closest guess prize...

#5690 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Btw, I'm going to start a thread for guesses on most play for the yearly Soccer player/ parent party.....TRONLE has won both previous years, but a hidden threat in the other room....IMVE......we shall see.....Ill find something for a closest guess prize...

v TRON v

#5691 3 years ago

^ TRON ^

#5692 3 years ago

I believe it will retain its title, as it's been particularly brutal lately, so game times will be nil.Actually had several dads last season that couldn't walk from it ( thinking they could get a good game in)....fools they were ( and most profanity heard from that area)

It is one night where I really enjoy watching other's play over jumping in myself....

#5693 3 years ago

Picked up a tron as my first pinball about three weeks ago, it was a PRO with 6000 plays on it. wasn't even updated to latest code. i dont know if 6000 plays is considered alot but i feel it was a good deal. Machine was a bit dirty and had original lighting. Here is a picture after a nice clean / wax. And of course a bunch of upgrades.

IMG_0230_(resized).JPG

#5694 3 years ago
Quoted from Justbringit9282:

Picked up a tron as my first pinball about three weeks ago, it was a PRO with 6000 plays on it. wasn't even updated to latest code. i dont know if 6000 plays is considered alot but i feel it was a good deal. Machine was a bit dirty and had original lighting. Here is a picture after a nice clean / wax. And of course i bunch of upgrades.

IMG_0230_(resized).JPG

Welcome to the club, if it doesn't have one, get a clear disc asap!

Edit---BTW, Great choice for your first pin, you are the smartest Pinside Apprentice ever!

#5695 3 years ago

not sure what that is. Pm me if you would please

#5696 3 years ago

Flank...I've officially added Scotch to the accepted adult beverage list...figured this should add a nice wrinkle to the adult play. I HAVE to insure the audits are correct, and insure the machines stay up, so I'll be indulging around 5 ( positive this is mandated host behavior for the club).

#5697 3 years ago

Picked up a tron as my first pinball about three weeks ago, it was a PRO with 6000 plays on it. wasn't even updated to latest code. i dont know if 6000 plays is considered alot but i feel it was a good deal. Machine was a bit dirty and had original lighting. Here is a picture after a nice clean / wax. And of course a bunch of upgrades.
IMG_0230_(resized).JPG

Congrats and welcome to the grid!!!....machine looks great ( and were meant to be played), so just engage and enjoy!!!

#5698 3 years ago

not sure what that is. Pm me if you would please

Rule #2 of Tron Club...
Click on page 1 of this thread & begin the journey. We'll meet ya back here in a while

#5699 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Rule #2 of Tron Club...
Click on page 1 of this thread & begin the journey. We'll meet ya back here in a while

Yes, this, all your TRON Q's will be derezzed.

#5700 3 years ago

Head for the showers 'Zilla--cause the only thing badder than Lightning Kitty---is TRON!

images_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,200 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Eliot, ME
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 9273 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside