(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,057 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by jp335i
  • Topic is favorited by 134 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 389 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    19%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(550 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,203 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg
7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3239 (resized).jpg
IMG_3237 (resized).jpg
IMG_3201 (resized).jpg
IMG_3198 (resized).jpg
IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1930 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
71703595-04CC-40A2-9570-F1C237A70400 (resized).jpeg
88BA2A41-B3A9-4A82-8554-E48B0A7DC409.jpeg
74523D42-985D-4F8A-B1CD-C14E877893A4 (resized).jpeg
20190421_125801 (resized).jpg
20190402_162223 (resized).jpg
Tron-Legacy-WallPaper-tron-legacy-24853362-1919-826 (resized).png

There are 9057 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 182.
#5601 3 years ago
Quoted from marcd:

Does anyone know where I can get the Stern LE Apron with triangle cutouts ?
It's out of stock at pinballlife and marco.
stern_le_apron_(resized).jpg

Hopefully you can find one--it is the favorite mod I did on the game myself--100% better than the cheap plastic apron w/ crappy decals. Super cool when the flashers pop on!

#5602 3 years ago

Anyone have some mods they want to sell? PM me

#5603 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone have some mods they want to sell? PM me

I can make you a hot deal on Tigerlaw. Timebandit and Blondetall will cost you.

#5604 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I can make you a hot deal on Tigerlaw. Timebandit and Blondetall will cost you.

I know I'm quite a reasonable guy, but I haven't ventured into volunteering for the hardest job on the internet just yet, lol.

#5605 3 years ago

Hah I thought you were mod. Sorry TKD!

#5606 3 years ago

Apologize....posted this in a TRONVE thread, but Flank said no credits lost.....here's where it belongs...Libations!!!

image_(resized).jpeg

#5607 3 years ago

HO LEE Fuckballs, the clear disc shot a ball out over the left ramp down the left outlane tonight!

#5608 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

HO LEE Fuckballs, the clear disc shot a ball out over the left ramp down the left outlane tonight!

As it should be.....

#5609 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

As it should be.....

Quoted from centerflank:

What the devil!? I guess I need to get on the clear disc bandwagon... The blue one grips, but not like that.... Unless my wax is just that good (1grand blitz)

#5610 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

What the devil!? I guess I need to get on the clear disc bandwagon... The blue one grips, but not like that.... Unless my wax is just that good (1grand blitz)

It didn't even touch the pf, went airborne straight out the disc area.

I have to laugh as I play as I literally duck once in a while like someone blasted off a gunshot in my basement.

#5611 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

It didn't even touch the pf, went airborne straight out the disc area.
I have to laugh as I play as I literally duck once in a while like someone blasted off a gunshot in my basement.

I don't get it... I don't wax the disc area of course... Maybe the blue just isn't the same

#5612 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I don't get it... I don't wax the disc area of course... Maybe the blue just isn't the same

You know what they say about going blue, right?

#5613 3 years ago

How long does it take to do the disc swap? No need to remove ramps?

#5614 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

How long does it take to do the disc swap? No need to remove ramps?

You remove the motor from under the pf, and disassemble the disc from the motor out of the machine...
I personally will buy another clear plastic disc from pinball-life and place the new clear rubber disc on it, takes about 30 minutes in all

#5615 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

You remove the motor from under the pf, and disassemble the disc from the motor out of the machine...
I personally will buy another clear plastic disc from pinball-life and place the new clear rubber disc on it, takes about 30 minutes in all

Yeah, it's quick but I'd recommend letting whatever spray adhesive set up for a bit, leave the motor upside down on something flat.

#5616 3 years ago

I have a heat press, maybe that would help adhesion

Edit: nm I see the center has screws under it. Was thinking it was held on by a set screw

#5617 3 years ago

Joined the club again. Had a LE when they came out. Missed it and get a modded out pro. I ordered 3D back glass, flipper fidelity back box led kit, color DMD,I bought a LE apron (thinking orange). Topper is coming. Ordered 4 clear disk last week from Germany. Couple of pics of Tron and my other sterns.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#5618 3 years ago

As we say in Texas: He ain't messin around

#5619 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Joined the club again. Had a LE when they came out. Missed it and get a modded out pro. I ordered 3D back glass, flipper fidelity back box led kit, color DMD,I bought a LE apron (thinking orange). Topper is coming. Ordered 4 clear disk last week from Germany.

Very, very, very nice setup.....glad you have TRON back in there!!!

#5620 3 years ago

Hey guys. Trying to help a buddy clean up his TRON and I noticed that when his disc is spinning, it's very loud and vibrates the game a lot. Does anyone know the cause and fix for this?

#5621 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey guys. Trying to help a buddy clean up his TRON and I noticed that when his disc is spinning, it's very loud and vibrates the game a lot. Does anyone know the cause and fix for this?

I'd try changing the plastic disc and the rubber....Spins pretty fast ( as you know) and if that assembly is not balanced ( cracked, disc partially coming off, etc.) it can really make the thing noisy.Happened to me once when I got a little " glue crazy" w a new disc....was very noisy...took the disc back off, cleaned, light coat of spray adhesive, clamped overnight, all good...

I've never oiled the motor ( couldn't find a location), and they do get worn out too.....not crazy expensive, but only 2 things I can think of.

#5622 3 years ago

This was sent to me when I asked about preventative maintenance. Same as POTC.

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb169.pdf

#5623 3 years ago

guys - anyone find an LED light that matches the yellow of the TRON plastics? Looking to get the left side real yellow and all I can find is this orange looking yellows (cointaker, etc).

#5624 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Chuck. Thought you knew how to work on your games and pins in general. Saw that thumbs up from ya in another post. What a hypocrite.

#5625 3 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Chuck. Thought you knew how to work on your games and pins in general. Saw that thumbs up from ya in another post. What a hypocrite.

I do. I don't know tron. Trying to get help a friend get his game fixed up. Sorry to offend.

#5626 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I do. I don't know tron. Trying to get help a friend get his game fixed up. Sorry to offend.

Oh. Ok. I figured that since you got your hands dirty and all you'd be able to troubleshoot that issue yourself. Guess not.

#5627 3 years ago

Man, WTF is the stick up your arse?

#5628 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Man, WTF is the stick up your arse?

Nothing buddy. Chuck thumbing up all posts in another thread saying owners should know how to work on games but then he comes on here and asks for help. Seems hypocritical to me is all.

#5631 3 years ago

Out of respect for Flank I'll end it here now. Tron on fellas. Happy Easter.

#5632 3 years ago

And now for something completey different...

image_(resized).jpg

#5633 3 years ago

Hey. Anyone ever use TRON ON? Thinking of trademarking it.

#5634 3 years ago

Little pin party last night, TRON passed the 3k mark!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5635 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

And it hit 16 standard audits

Will have to scheck mine out

#5636 3 years ago

Great lineup centerflank !

#5637 3 years ago
Quoted from marcd:

Great lineup centerflank !

Thanks dude! I had hoped to have GoT and Spidey vault for the get together but they weren't ready yet, April is super busy for people so I didn't want to reschedule. It was fun, we did a quick last man standing tourney, my wife won it.

#5638 3 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Out of respect for Flank I'll end it here now. Tron on fellas. Happy Easter.

Good choice no room for anymore assholes around these parts! I have that position filled! LOL! TRON ON

#5639 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Thanks dude! I had hoped to have GoT and Spidey vault for the get together but they weren't ready yet, April is super busy for people so I didn't want to reschedule. It was fun, we did a quick last man standing tourney, my wife won it.

Looked like a good time....Newcastle Tap seemed highlighted in photo....nice!!!

#5640 3 years ago

Unlike some other threads, this has always been the one place where it is always cool to be. Perhaps we can keep it that way.

#5641 3 years ago

Best Club thread on Pinside , period.....suspect it will stay that way.....TRON just rules, is what it is.....

#5642 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Best Club thread on Pinside , period.....suspect it will stay that way.....TRON just rules, is what it is.....

But on a serious note.....

I've been debating on buying one of the -3 degree Jager shot dispensers ( has cool LED lighting ). Are they messy?

Have a great place for it down in the cave, and it gets to be a pita to keep going upstairs to the freezer to get the bottle ( especially the more I consume)..what say ye Flank and Club?

Not in a big hurry, as next week is Scotch....

#5643 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

But on a serious note.....
I've been debating on buying one of the -3 degree Jager shot dispensers ( has cool LED lighting ). Are they messy?
Have a great place for it down in the cave, and it gets to be a pita to keep going upstairs to the freezer to get the bottle ( especially the more I consume)..what say ye Flank and Club?
Not in a big hurry, as next week is Scotch....

How much one of those cost? Go for it if you enjoy jäger so much!

#5644 3 years ago

Just had my best game ever and sent the easter bunny through portal.

image_(resized).png

#5645 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Sheesh, even a dood with a purse!?! Bet that guy lost the tourney immediately...

Hahhaa! Good times Flank!

#5646 3 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

Sheesh, even a dood with a purse!?! Bet that guy lost the tourney immediately...
Hahhaa! Good times Flank!

I figured it was some European manbag. Looks great either way!

#5647 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

How much one of those cost? Go for it if you enjoy jäger so much!

Anywhere from $75 on up for single bottle models....I don't know the differences, but seems like a no brainier for me....I keep going back to the stuff....

#5648 3 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Just had my best game ever and sent the easter bunny through portal.

image_(resized).png

I thumbed up, but what would lightning kitty think of this bunny stuff?

#5649 3 years ago

http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/jagermeister-shotmeister

jagermeister-shotmeister_(resized).jpeg

#5650 3 years ago

Lightning Kitty vs Thunder Bunny. Battle for the ages...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Bernardo , CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 9057 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside