(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,063 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 389 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    19%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(550 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,204 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg
7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3239 (resized).jpg
IMG_3237 (resized).jpg
IMG_3201 (resized).jpg
IMG_3198 (resized).jpg
IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1930 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
71703595-04CC-40A2-9570-F1C237A70400 (resized).jpeg
88BA2A41-B3A9-4A82-8554-E48B0A7DC409.jpeg
74523D42-985D-4F8A-B1CD-C14E877893A4 (resized).jpeg
20190421_125801 (resized).jpg
20190402_162223 (resized).jpg

There are 9063 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 182.
#5551 3 years ago

I just went to DK Customs site and bought a Flynn Sign.......didn't say I couldn't and he took the money???

#5552 3 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

I just went to DK Customs site and bought a Flynn Sign.......didn't say I couldn't and he took the money???

Have no idea how you did that:

http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/

#5553 3 years ago

It's a kinda magic...

#5554 3 years ago

http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=152

p.s. edit. My Dad left me a suprise $16k got it in the mail today. So I said fuck it. Trying to get the remaining Mods I don't have. Just ordered Speaker up grade, Tron sign (hopefully), harrasing MK to help me get all the EL paper stuff for my new CFLANK rails, and Pop Caps. and a case of Coors Light!!

p.s.s. He even sent a tracking number# already! Prob just computer gen. but maybe just maybe

#5555 3 years ago

p.s. edit. My Dad left me a suprise $16k got it in the mail today. So I said fuck it. Trying to get the remaining Mods I don't have. Just ordered Speaker up grade, Tron sign (hopefully), harrasing MK to help me get all the EL paper stuff for my new CFLANK rails, and Pop Caps. and a case of Coors Light!!
p.s.s. He even sent a tracking number# already! Prob just computer gen. but maybe just maybe

Impressive, I must say...hope you get it.....he told me he was laying low for awhile, but maybe there's a few things laying around.....

#5556 3 years ago

That's awesome! One super dad for sure! I'd like to think he would have wanted you to have a TWD premium

#5557 3 years ago

GB For SURE that was our jam!

#5558 3 years ago

GB For SURE that was our jam!

It definitely looks quite awesome, hope the gameplay matches it.

I lasted 3 months without TWD before I had to buy another one

#5559 3 years ago

My buddy pinball_erie has a Pro.

I am waiting for him to trade it out. He has had it for a while and he and I trade a lot.

#5561 3 years ago

I'm thinking about swapping out the shooter housing with a classic beehive to better match my Devo pop caps. Maybe lit from the backside. Too much or too magnificent?

beehive_(resized).jpg

#5562 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I'm thinking about swapping out the shooter housing with a classic beehive to better match my Devo pop caps. Maybe lit from the backside. Too much or too magnificent?

beehive_(resized).jpg

Too magnificent......id be happy to put my balls on it.

#5563 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

id be happy to put my balls on it.

Order placed!

#5564 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Too much or too magnificent?

Too white. Might work if you made it blue.

#5565 3 years ago

If there's one thing we can do on the grid, it's make stuff blue

#5566 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Too magnificent......id be happy to put my balls on it.

What wouldn't you put your balls on??? Lol

#5567 3 years ago

so my cointaker LEDs came in and they look good except for the yellows by the left sling (the CLU portion of the bottom half). They look orange to me (even without any plastics above it). I tried comet before and their yellow looked orange too. Question is for the guys with very yellow LEDs to match the plastics - where did you buy them and what kind?

#5568 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so my cointaker LEDs came in and they look good except for the yellows by the left sling (the CLU portion of the bottom half). They look orange to me (even without any plastics above it). I tried comet before and their yellow looked orange too. Question is for the guys with very yellow LEDs to match the plastics - where did you buy them and what kind?

Yellows led's always look orange to me....I always use sunlight or cool white for lighting yellow inserts...on plastics ( especially TRON) orange rules anyway ( w blue of course)...I mix the cool whites w blue, the whites w orange on the other side....good luck!!!

#5569 3 years ago

I have a thing about yellow, so I prefer orange anyway. With that said, until now I always thought the Clu colors were orange!

#5570 3 years ago

LE at TPF w color

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#5571 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yellows led's always look orange to me....I always use sunlight or cool white for lighting yellow inserts...on plastics ( especially TRON) orange rules anyway ( w blue of course)...I mix the cool whites w blue, the whites w orange on the other side....good luck!!!

Yeah - I have that look right now too. Blue look sick. The orange though I really want true yellow. I see a number of guys that achieved this and I have been unsuccessful. If anyone knows what to buy, lmk. Otherwise, I'll just continue with my orange.

#5572 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpg

#5573 3 years ago

Seems like the law love it more than lamp too. I'm sure they are just completing their security checks.

#5574 3 years ago

So I'm playing today and just had a feeling before I started I was gonna get to Portal. I'm marching along and hitting some lucky shots and start making a lot of lights solid going up the ladder. I keep going and get them all solid except one, and I'm on the last ball. The most unlikely mode I need to finish is flashing--Find Flynn. What are the odds of that? I (finally) hit it and go to Portal with the bonus, did just OK in Portal, got back to SOS again and tanked. I was waffling, but now I really do love TRON more than Lightning Kitty...

#5575 3 years ago

You guys with the clear disc installed i must say that thing is insane .i played that pro at TPF and never seen anything like it .it acted like a rocket lancher . One hit on the disc the ball jumps out on playfield and backspin propells it backward on top of reconizer and out of play just nuts

#5576 3 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

You guys with the clear disc installed i must say that thing is insane .i played that pro at TPF and never seen anything like it .it acted like a rocket lancher . One hit on the disc the ball jumps out on playfield and backspin propells it backward on top of reconizer and out of play just nuts

It's fucking awesome, I can't even play the normal disc anymore....

#5577 3 years ago

Yep im gonna get me a clear disc .it really takes that game to a new level

image_(resized).jpeg

#5578 3 years ago

TPF painting

image_(resized).jpg

#5579 3 years ago

Ohhhhhhh........

image_(resized).jpg

#5580 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Ohhhhhhh........
image_(resized).jpg

Who prints their autograph?

I mean, how bush league can one get?

#5581 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Someone had to spell it for me.
I'm normally only allowed to write with colored chalk

#5582 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Cold, but true....Labnip, you rocked your coverage of TPF, btw.....I'm hitting Chicago next year, then end in Texas .....I must get a work break ( and drink heavily with TRON buds).....

#5583 3 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Now you know and know is half the battle!!!

#5584 3 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

A ball ended up on stuck by the recognizer at least 10x over the weekend and I think the German clear disk has a lot to do with it.
I am pleasantly surprised at how much grip the clear disk has even after all those plays at TPF.

Now that's she's home I think its time for some more mods.
Just ordered a "Herg" Tron RGB board and I have some new ideas on ways to use it.

#5585 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

A ball ended up on stuck by the recognizer at least 10x over the weekend and I think the German clear disk has a lot to do with it.
I am pleasantly surprised at how much grip the clear disk has even after all those plays at TPF.
Now that's she's home I think its time for some more mods.
Just ordered a "Herg" Tron RGB board and I have some new ideas on ways to use it.

What does the RGB board all do again? I have one, wanted to install last week but realized I'm low on power ports. Just waiting on a wire jumper to power up the 8 way......

image_(resized).jpeg

#5586 3 years ago

That looks so nice I just have one big homemade splitter in mine.
Guess I should of bought a PIG2 too late now. I could always use a raspberry pi to do the same thing but that would require more work on my part....na that will never happen

Quoted from centerflank:

What does the RGB board all do again? I have one, wanted to install last week but realized I'm low on power ports. Just waiting on a wire jumper to power up the 8 way......
image_(resized).jpeg

So my understanding is the RGB board will let you hook up other LED strips to the ramps RGB controller.
I am going to connect mine to the speakers, topper and undercab at first. I have some laser cut rails and hinges I have never installed and I am thinking about trying out LED strips with a diffusers behind the cutouts to see how it looks. Just need to get off my ass and get them powercoated I have only been talking about getting them powered for about 2 years now.

#5587 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

I have some laser cut rails and hinges I have never installed and I am thinking about trying out LED strips with a diffusers behind the cutouts to see how it looks. Just need to get off my ass and get them powercoated I have only been talking about getting them powered for about 2 years now.

sounds cool.....I think you migh squeak it in behind the hinges, but those rails are gonna be a bitch to fit....good luck

#5588 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

sounds cool.....I think you migh squeak it in behind the hinges, but those rails are gonna be a bitch to fit....good luck

Thanks, its worth a try. If some one knows where I can get some extra thin RGB strips please let me know.

#5589 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

Thanks, its worth a try. If some one knows where I can get some extra thin RGB strips please let me know.

It's too bad someone doesn't make a liquid that hardens then you could energize ( maybe someone does)....I always thought that would be sick..."custom molded lighting " could kill in our mod world...

#5590 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It's too bad someone doesn't make a liquid that hardens then you could energize ( maybe someone does)....I always thought that would be sick..."custom molded lighting " could kill in our mod world...

Its going to require something special for sure.
Most LED strips the lights are too far apart.

I need thin and high density.

#5591 3 years ago

Has anyone installed the blue disc and the clear disc to see the difference?

So far my blue one will hold the ball for a bit, then throw it out, yes it goes backspin crazy, but not as wildly as the clear sounds... Or do I keep my playfield waxed a little too good?

#5592 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

power up the 8 way......

MODSTANDING!

#5593 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Has anyone installed the blue disc and the clear disc to see the difference?
So far my blue one will hold the ball for a bit, then throw it out, yes it goes backspin crazy, but not as wildly as the clear sounds... Or do I keep my playfield waxed a little too good?

Curious about this too....

Thanks TRONbro!

#5594 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

We need frosted acrylic rails to backlight!

#5595 3 years ago

Where can one find these clear and blue discs?

#5596 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Milk jug plastic

#5597 3 years ago

can anyone take a picture of their driver board specifically d8 which is located on the bottom left. thanks

#5598 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

That would be SWEET!!!!!!

#5600 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get the Stern LE Apron with triangle cutouts ?

It's out of stock at pinballlife and marco.

stern_le_apron_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Bernardo , CA
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.50
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9063 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside